What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2014 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

This is what I ended up with picking 9th:

QB: RG3 (12), Geno (16), Manziel (17)

RB: TRich (6), Sankey (7), Dunbar (10), Michael (13), Helu (18)

WR: Dez (1), Floyd (3), Crabtree (4), Hilton (5), Hopkins (8), Hunter (9), Stills (14), Dobson (15)

TE: Gronk (2), Wright (11)

DEF: PIT (19)

K: Parkey (20)

The tight ends came off the board really fast, but I didn't want to take one over the WR value I was getting. I actually really like having Wright as a lite handcuff to Gronk, even though I will need to add one week 10 regardless.
That is the worst set of starting RBs I have seen in these leagues. Sankey will not get the starting nod until at least a few weeks in, if that. And even then, Greene might get the goal line looks and McCluster will catch passes. The thing with the FPC is that the regular season is small....and if you start 0-4, you are done. It is almost impossible to come back after that. Even if Helu and Michael start at some point due to injuries, if the starting RBs do not go down and out for the year in the first 2 weeks or so, you are screwed. Also, your QBs are mediocre at best....you are counting on RG3 doing what he did 2 years back. Again, if he starts off slow in this new system, you are in deep trouble.

The mistake you made was picking Hilton in the 5th....you can get him in the 7th easily .... and if he was not there you could get Decker or Colston or even Reggie Wayne in the 7th/8th and get similar production. Also, Crabtree is someone you can get in the 5th....or get a Harvin or Roddy White or Larry Fitz in the 5th....you reached for Floyd in the 3rd too ....in short you reached for all your picks from 3-6 and you picked a position that is deep - that is typically going to kill you.
I am a big fan of the Zero RB strategy this year, so we will see how it goes. I think people are really selling Richardson short

From the 5 hole:

RGIII(11)/Roethlisberger(15)

Foster(3)/T. Richardson(8)/Ingram(9)/K. Robinson(12)/Bradshaw(13)/C. Michael(14)/Cunningham(18)

Demaryius(1)/Nelson(2)/R. White(4)/Decker(7)/Hunter(10)/Dobson(16)

Olsen(5)/Reed(6)/Rivera(19)

Saints(20)

Bailey(17)

Paper thin RB2, but with 2/3 of the Saints backfield and the top 2 Colts think it might be serviceable if Foster stays healthy. Love my WRs, don't think I have seen Hunter last that long recently.

Last edited by a moderator:

WR: Dez (1), Floyd (3), Crabtree (4), Hilton (5), Hopkins (8), Hunter (9), Stills (14), Dobson (15)

The tight ends came off the board really fast, but I didn't want to take one over the WR value I was getting. I actually really like having Wright as a lite handcuff to Gronk, even though I will need to add one week 10 regardless.
That is the worst set of starting RBs I have seen in these leagues. Sankey will not get the starting nod until at least a few weeks in, if that. And even then, Greene might get the goal line looks and McCluster will catch passes. The thing with the FPC is that the regular season is small....and if you start 0-4, you are done. It is almost impossible to come back after that. Even if Helu and Michael start at some point due to injuries, if the starting RBs do not go down and out for the year in the first 2 weeks or so, you are screwed. Also, your QBs are mediocre at best....you are counting on RG3 doing what he did 2 years back. Again, if he starts off slow in this new system, you are in deep trouble.

The mistake you made was picking Hilton in the 5th....you can get him in the 7th easily .... and if he was not there you could get Decker or Colston or even Reggie Wayne in the 7th/8th and get similar production. Also, Crabtree is someone you can get in the 5th....or get a Harvin or Roddy White or Larry Fitz in the 5th....you reached for Floyd in the 3rd too ....in short you reached for all your picks from 3-6 and you picked a position that is deep - that is typically going to kill you.
I am a big fan of the Zero RB strategy this year, so we will see how it goes. I think people are really selling Richardson short
Im not a fan of it.....you also seemed to reach for every WR not named Dez.....maybe it works out, but my guess is it will crash and burn.

From the 5 hole:

Foster(3)/T. Richardson(8)/Ingram(9)/K. Robinson(12)/Bradshaw(13)/C. Michael(14)/Cunningham(18)

Saints(20)

Bailey(17)

Paper thin RB2, but with 2/3 of the Saints backfield and the top 2 Colts think it might be serviceable if Foster stays healthy. Love my WRs, don't think I have seen Hunter last that long recently.
This is a nice team and if Foster stays healthy I think you will be fine at RB...

Overall its a nice team...

You could have gotte TY H in the 7th round....that is the issue here. Get Ray Rice or Chris Johnson in the 5th and TY in the 7th and your team looks much better. As for TRich, you just waited until the 8th round to pick him....I guess you are selling him short too????

You could have gotte TY H in the 7th round....that is the issue here. Get Ray Rice or Chris Johnson in the 5th and TY in the 7th and your team looks much better. As for TRich, you just waited until the 8th round to pick him....I guess you are selling him short too????
I'm not so sure Hilton would be there in the 7th. At least he hasn't been in any draft I've done all summer. I took Trich in the 6th and I think he will be better than both Rice and CJ. Just my opinion.

Just a simple suggestion that will fall on deaf ears here. Why on Earth would you all run in here to post your teams and help some of those who have not drafted yet over the next few days? Amazing! Now please, I'm not here to pick a fight and on another level I am truly appreciative of this thread. I would like to post my team or teams but I feel like I have a good beat on the draft this year just like many of you and I don't think my view would be the most popular, therefore no reason to post it up and give ideas to others.

Also want to add that many of you are very proud about teams where I might not. Again, I can't tell if this is a high stakes poker game and folks are purposely trying to throw others off(doubtful) but a lot of these teams have a lot of questions. I do wish everyone the best of luck so please don't take it the wrong way, it's nothing personal. There's room for all of us to at least take down our leagues and cash before the big dance in week 12 and then again in 14.

Just something some of you all might want to consider. Plenty of time to slam dunk it on Sunday before the games begin, just my three cents.

Just a simple suggestion that will fall on deaf ears here. Why on Earth would you all run in here to post your teams and help some of those who have not drafted yet over the next few days? Amazing! Now please, I'm not here to pick a fight and on another level I am truly appreciative of this thread. I would like to post my team or teams but I feel like I have a good beat on the draft this year just like many of you and I don't think my view would be the most popular, therefore no reason to post it up and give ideas to others.

Also want to add that many of you are very proud about teams where I might not. Again, I can't tell if this is a high stakes poker game and folks are purposely trying to throw others off(doubtful) but a lot of these teams have a lot of questions. I do wish everyone the best of luck so please don't take it the wrong way, it's nothing personal. There's room for all of us to at least take down our leagues and cash before the big dance in week 12 and then again in 14.

Just something some of you all might want to consider. Plenty of time to slam dunk it on Sunday before the games begin, just my three cents.
Honestly every draft is so different that none of this really matters.....

Everyone can post teams all day and it still wouldn't help others out very much.... Just saying...

I see both sides and this year I decided to interact with others...

Everyone can post teams all day and it still wouldn't help others out very much.... Just saying...

I agree...I'm finishing up my 3rd draft right now...all 3 have been so different that nothing I read here is was gonna change that.

At the end of the day, I don't think the impact is much if at all.

But let's go with the premise. I think this could actually be beneficial, if less sophisticated drafters see the thread and are helped somewhat that would make for more balanced leagues. If you have already drafted, other leagues being more balanced where 1 player is less likely to have a super team could help you come championship round when the top teams square off.

Well here are my 3 drafts all together...

Team 1: #2 Spot
Projected Starters:
QB: Colin Kaepernick

RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Joique Bell

WR: Keenan Allen
WR: Michael Crabtree
WR: Kendall Wright
WR: Torrey Smith

TE: Rob Gronkowski

PK/DST: Dan Bailey/NYJ (week 1 only)

Bench:
QB: Alex Smith
RBs: Devonta Freeman, Terrance West, Donald Brown, Christine Michael, CJ Anderson
WRs: Aaron Dobson, Kenny Stills
TE: Heath Miller
DST: Cincy

Team 2: #11 Spot
Project Starters:
QB: Colin Kaepernick

RB: Joique Bell
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Ryan Matthews

WR: Julio Jones
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Roddy White

TE: Heath Miller

PK/DST: Phil Dawson/Balty

Bench:
QB: Andy Dalton
RBs: Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde, Donald Brown
WRs: Marquise Lee, Robert Woods, Marvin Jones
TES: Tyler Eifert, Travis Kelce
DST: Cincy

Team 3: #10 Spot
Projected Starters:
QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Montee Ball
RB: DeMarco Murray

WR: Roddy White
WR: Pierre Garcon
WR: Kendall Wright
WR: Torrey Smith

TE: Dwayne Allen

PK/DST: Matt Bryant/HOU Texans

Bench:
QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Devonta Freeman, Lance Dunbar, Chris Ivory, Donald Brown, Jerick McKinnon
WR: Kenny Stills, Cody Latimer
TE: Tyler Eifert
DST: Balty

I appreciate your candor, I have enjoyed reading your posts.

From the 5 hole:

Saints(20)

Bailey(17)

Paper thin RB2, but with 2/3 of the Saints backfield and the top 2 Colts think it might be serviceable if Foster stays healthy. Love my WRs, don't think I have seen Hunter last that long G
Good looking team CD.. Like you said if Foster stays healthy your other backs should fill the 2 spot.. Were you targeting Grimes as a handcuff and someone else Gabbed him?

I'm not so sure Hilton would be there in the 7th. At least he hasn't been in any draft I've done all summer. I took Trich in the 6th and I think he will be better than both Rice and CJ. Just my opinion.
I have done 9 drafts and no where has TY not lasted until the 7th .... Maybe these drafts are indeed so different

From the 2 spot:

Ryan(11)/ Roethlisberger(15)

Martin(2)/ L.Bell(3)/ Stacy(4)/ Gerhart(5)/ Hillman(14)/ Grimes(17)

Welker(6)/ Colston(7)/ Watkins(8)/ Hunter(9)/ Jennings(12)/ Latimer(13)/ Caldwell(16)/M. Austin(20)

Graham(1)/ D. Allen(10)

Chiefs(19)

Bailey(18)

The RB heavy approach is a complete departure from my usual strategy, but thought available players dictated it. Definitely a gamble not taking a WR until the tail end of the 6th. I got kind of lucky to still grab 2 of my top 30 as WRs were flying off the board.

Is it complete overkill to handcuff Welker with Latimer and Caldwell? Probably. But with my lack of WR options, wanted to guarantee myself a weekly Den WR. And if Demaryius or Sanders misses time, I should have 2 starters. Not a bad offense to be speculating in.

From the 5 hole:

Saints(20)

Bailey(17)

Paper thin RB2, but with 2/3 of the Saints backfield and the top 2 Colts think it might be serviceable if Foster stays healthy. Love my WRs, don't think I have seen Hunter last that long G
Good looking team CD.. Like you said if Foster stays healthy your other backs should fill the 2 spot.. Were you targeting Grimes as a handcuff and someone else Gabbed him?
Yeah, if the price was right. He went crazy early in that draft though. 10.04, 1 pick after Bernard Pierce.

Not that I would expect to get him this late, but just grabbed him in 17th of my latest draft, where I didn't draft Foster.

Looking back, 13/14 is probably where I would have seriously considered him. Usually would much prefer Michael, but situation would have made me go Grimes I think.

recent draft:

Ryan, Newton

Montee Ball, Le'Veon Bell, Rashad Jennings, Devonta freeman, Knile Davis, Tolbert, Tre mason

Calvin, T.Y. Hilton, Ter. Williams, R. Randle, Austin, Baldwin

Greg Olsen, Gates, Lewis

SF D

Vinateri

My last FPC draft for the year, from the 7 spot:

Wilson(11)/RGIII(12)

Forte(1)/Gerhart(5)/Rice(6)/K.Robinson(13)/Dunbar(15)/D. Brown(17)

K. Allen(3)/Cruz(4)/T. Smith(7)/G. Tate(8)/Benjamin(9)/Baldwin(14)/Dobson(16)

Gronk(2)/H. Miller(10)/R. Rodgers(18)

Jets(20)

Novak(19)

I am sure a ton will go wrong with this team, but absolutely love it at the moment.

Best of luck to everyone still drafting.

Drafted my 3nd Team This Year from the 5th Hole!! Starters are in bold and in blue. Red are potential for my 2nd Flex Rotational Player. Being that I have 4 of them bodes well it appears. These guys are surprise upside guys...Thoughts?

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Johnnie Manziel (16)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)
RB/FLEX - Chris Johnson (5)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR/FLEX Terrance Williams (8)
WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins (20)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)
TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

DEF - Arizona Defense (15)

Thoughts/Opinions?

Drafted my 3nd Team This Year from the 5th Hole!! Starters are in bold and in blue. Red are potential for my 2nd Flex Rotational Player. Being that I have 4 of them bodes well it appears. These guys are surprise upside guys...Thoughts?

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?
Luck should be a pretty much every week starter, so don't think you need to roster 3 QBs. You might even be able to get away with only Luck until his Bye if there are a decent # of QBs on the WW.

RBs are solid, Hyde and the Den backfield are high-upside plays.

WRs are the weakness. Garcon is probably a high-end WR2 and Tate and Williams are decent WR3s. I think you probably need more depth here and I might have used that 12th rounder on another WR. Once you drop your 3rd QB, WR is the position you want to pickup. The good news is that WR is often the easiest position to nab off the WW. Keenan Allen could be had for a reasonable price last year early in those leagues he wasn't already rostered.

I like Thomas and Green is a high-upside backup. I am not bullish on Graham's prospects this year, but we will have more data on that soon enough.

D/K I generally play matchups at D/K so any start is a good start. Bryant should be fine until his Bye unless something happens. With the recent injuries to Arizona's defense, don't know if they will be dominant enough to be an every week play, so you probably want to keep active on the WW here.

If you get some pleasant surprises at WR, this team could be a solid contender.

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?
Luck should be a pretty much every week starter, so don't think you need to roster 3 QBs. You might even be able to get away with only Luck until his Bye if there are a decent # of QBs on the WW.

WRs are the weakness. Garcon is probably a high-end WR2 and Tate and Williams are decent WR3s. I think you probably need more depth here and I might have used that 12th rounder on another WR. Once you drop your 3rd QB, WR is the position you want to pickup. The good news is that WR is often the easiest position to nab off the WW. Keenan Allen could be had for a reasonable price last year early in those leagues he wasn't already rostered.

I like Thomas and Green is a high-upside backup. I am not bullish on Graham's prospects this year, but we will have more data on that soon enough.

D/K I generally play matchups at D/K so any start is a good start. Bryant should be fine until his Bye unless something happens. With the recent injuries to Arizona's defense, don't know if they will be dominant enough to be an every week play, so you probably want to keep active on the WW here.

Many thanks for responding as I do appreciate it. Although I don't get your concern at WR since I have Terrance Williams, Hakeem Nicks and Kenbrell Thompkins to fight for my FLEX POSITION [WHICH IS A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE] and have Pierre Garcon and Golden Tate as starters. This seems to put a proper and healthy perspective at the WR position and addresses your concern nicely...JMHO!!!

Plus [on a side note], I can easily put Ladarius Green or Garrett Graham at the secondary flex position as well [if needed]

...At a glance....my 2nd Flex position....I'm going to be scratching my head every week on who to start.....which [again] is a good problem to have...

Just drafted from the 7 spot.

QB: Cam Newton (10), Ben Roethlisburger (11), Johnny Manziel (16), Jake Locker (17)

WR: Calvin Johnson (1), Julian Edelman (5), Mike Wallace (6), Jeremy Maclin (7), Kenbrell Thompkins (18)

RB: Marshawn Lynch (2), Shane Vereen (3), C.J. Spiller (4), Christine Michael (13), Andre Williams (14)

TE: Heath Miller (8), Antonio Gates (9), Tyler Eifert (12), Garrett Graham (15)

K: Mason Crosby (19)

DEF: TB Defense (20)

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?

Many thanks for responding as I do appreciate it. Although I don't get your concern at WR since I have Terrance Williams, Hakeem Nicks and Kenbrell Thompkins to fight for my FLEX POSITION [WHICH IS A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE]. This seems to put a proper and healthy perspective at the WR position and your addresses your concern nicely...JMHO!!!Plus [on a side note], I can easily put Ladarius Green or Garrett Graham at the secondary flex position as well [if needed]

...At a glance....my 2nd Flex position....I'm going to be scratching my head every week on who to start.....which is a good problem to have...
WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid. Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is.

Good luck.

My last FPC draft for the year, from the 7 spot:

Wilson(11)/RGIII(12)

Forte(1)/Gerhart(5)/Rice(6)/K.Robinson(13)/Dunbar(15)/D. Brown(17)

K. Allen(3)/Cruz(4)/T. Smith(7)/G. Tate(8)/Benjamin(9)/Baldwin(14)/Dobson(16)

Gronk(2)/H. Miller(10)/R. Rodgers(18)

Jets(20)

Novak(19)

I am sure a ton will go wrong with this team, but absolutely love it at the moment.

Best of luck to everyone still drafting.
Really solid squad here cdubz. Deeeeeep. Once ray comes back, u will have like 4 flex options to choose from. The RB's are pretty top heavy but as long 2 of those top 3 backs stay on their feet, you have more then enough WR/TE flexes to choose from. Well done.

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?

Many thanks for responding as I do appreciate it. Although I don't get your concern at WR since I have Terrance Williams, Hakeem Nicks and Kenbrell Thompkins to fight for my FLEX POSITION [WHICH IS A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE]. This seems to put a proper and healthy perspective at the WR position and your addresses your concern nicely...JMHO!!!Plus [on a side note], I can easily put Ladarius Green or Garrett Graham at the secondary flex position as well [if needed]

...At a glance....my 2nd Flex position....I'm going to be scratching my head every week on who to start.....which is a good problem to have...
WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is.

Good luck.
I agree.... I wouldn't feel good about flexing those guys. Im not a fan of the way that team was constructed. Tate as a WR2 feels wrong....most have him as a WR3 or even WR4.

Is it really that big of a deal? Winning this thing is basically winning the lottery. Posting teams and seeing where guys are going will have zero impact on whether or not your own individual team does anything. The chances that any of us posting here have 'any' teams even remotely close to winning the grand prize is well....slim to none. Maybe Coots will have another team in contention but he's also drafting like 60 teams this yr. Even with 60 teams, his chances of winning it all are miniscule. Just stating the facts here. U need lady luck to take you on that magic carpet ride in weeks 14-16. The #1 overall scoring team in this tourney after week 11 probably has < 5% chance of winning the grand prize. Maybe even less then that. Coots can speak to that, his winning team was around 300-400th place going into the Champ rds. And as far as winning your individual leagues, well that's a lot more feasible and still I don't think seeing other teams in this forum will have much, if any effect on your own team. And really if u see these drafts, each one is so different, really hard to use any of these as any gauge. Spiller now ive seen in the 5th in quite a few drafts, he didn't reach the 4th in any of mine. The TE's go all over the place. The only consistency really is in the 1st rd

Just my .02

We had Spiller fall to 6th round in my last draft....I agree - every draft is different

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?

WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is.

Good luck.
I agree.... I wouldn't feel good about flexing those guys. Im not a fan of the way that team was constructed. Tate as a WR2 feels wrong....most have him as a WR3 or even WR4.

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?

Good luck.
When evaluating an ENTIRE TEAM.....the way you evaluate its construction is looking at the entire team AS A WHOLE.....not focusing on one position. I'm a realestate appraiser....when you evaluate THINGS....you give "weight" to the entire subject property.....not just the bathroom or kitchen [thats free]. You officially just got "owned" :)

Right and when the bathrooms or kitchen in a house are crap, the overall assessment of the house is lower. Hence your WR core (kitchen) / Team (house) :)

Right and when the bathrooms or kitchen in a house are crap, the overall assessment of the house is lower. Hence your WR core (kitchen) / Team (house)
Now I know why the real estate market crashed....you got people in the industry that don't know how to appraise "or forecast" crap!

Right and when the bathrooms or kitchen in a house are crap, the overall assessment of the house is lower. Hence your WR core (kitchen) / Team (house)
Now I know why the real estate market crashed....you got people in the industry that don't know how to appraise "or forecast" crap!
You think choosing between a Williams/Nicks/Thompkins is a good problem to have. And you're questioning my 'appraising' ? Umm.

You can continue to think that's a strong team, I will continue to think otherwise. Good luck to you though.

What are you thoughts on this one?

I drafted on Aug. 31 from the 10 spot.

QB:

Tony Romo (12th)

Phillip Rivers (14th)

HB:

Joique Bell (3rd)

Frank Gore (7th)

Mark Ingram (8th)

LeGarrette Blount (13th)

Jonathan Grimes (15th)

WR:

Dez Bryant (1st)

Julio Jones (2nd)

Cordarrelle Patterson (4th)

Michael Crabtree (6th)

Rueben Randle (9th)

Riley Cooper (10th)

Mohamed Sanu (16th)

Stedman Bailey (18th) *auto-pick as my internet went down here

Andre Holmes (19th)

TE:

Zach Ertz (5th)

Tim Wright (11th)

K:

Blair Walsh (20th)

D:

New Orleans (17th)

My thoughts: Love getting Romo in the 12th. Backing him up with Rivers in the 14th seems like stealing. I'm certainly weak at HB, but I do love Bell in a PPR. People are always down on Gore, but he just produces. I have no problem having a guy like Gore as my RB2 when I'm loading up on great WR's. Ingram and Blount may surprise as well. WR is where I think I shine. Was excited to get Dez and Julio. Not sure I'm completely sold on Patterson, but to win these leagues you have to step out a bit. Crabtree as my #4 is solid and I finish with solid depth with Randle, Cooper Sanu etc... I love love love Ertz. I targetted him in the 5th before I started knowing he would be gone in the 6th. Not sure what to expect with Wright, but you can't have everything. Walsh and NO defense are fine. Play matchups with the WW.

Anyone want to give some thoughts/advice?

You think choosing between a Williams/Nicks/Thompkins is a good problem to have. And you're questioning my 'appraising' ? Umm.

You can continue to think that's a strong team, I will continue to think otherwise. Good luck to you though.

You fail to realize that I have Ladarius Green as well as Garrett Graham to choose from for my other flex position. Out of those 5 players....[again forecast the future here....bingo...we have a buzzword] one of those players will SHINE THROUGH and be an amazing Flex Player.

When you forecast....you don't go by last years results....you have forecast FUTURE PRODUCTION. The statistical odds of one of those 5 players producing good flex points is very VERY high. Now...that as a foundation....when you look at my "overall team" [bingo...another buzzword here]....I think the team is not too bad.

You think choosing between a Williams/Nicks/Thompkins is a good problem to have. And you're questioning my 'appraising' ? Umm.You can continue to think that's a strong team, I will continue to think otherwise. Good luck to you though.
You fail to realize that I have Ladarius Green as well as Garrett Graham to choose from for my other flex position. Out of those 5 players....[again forecast the future here....bingo...we have a buzzword] one of those players will SHINE THROUGH and be an amazing Flex Player.

When you forecast....you don't go by last years results....you have forecast FUTURE PRODUCTION. The statistical odds of one of those 5 players producing good flex points is very VERY high. Now...that as a foundation....when you look at my "overall team" [bingo...another buzzword here]....I think the team is not too bad.
It is about forecasting future production but the key is to not have to rely on your forecast or basically "break out players" to win. What happens if Thomas or a flex guy on your team gets injured....then you have to start both....NO THANKS. Its funny because you ask for peoples "thoughts" yet when they give them you take issue with them. I suggest in the future just post your team, eliminate the color coding, and just argue/defend away if people don't like your squad. Please do come back throughout the season though...maybe the people commenting are wrong. :shrug:

You said "The statistical odds of one of those 5 players producing good flex points is very VERY high. " What are your statistical odds based on? Because I think the odds of one of any two of those 5 players wanted in the slot producing well this year is VERY LOW, I haven't run any numbers but my flex starters on my best team are Witten and Welker. That is vastly different from any combination you put together of those 5. While I can't see what the other's in your league drafted, Im guessing based on my own drafts there are at least 4-5 teams with better flex starters than you.

You think choosing between a Williams/Nicks/Thompkins is a good problem to have. And you're questioning my 'appraising' ? Umm.You can continue to think that's a strong team, I will continue to think otherwise. Good luck to you though.

It is about forecasting future production but the key is to not have to rely on your forecast or basically "break out players" to win. What happens if Thomas or a flex guy on your team gets injured....then you have to start both....NO THANKS. Its funny because you ask for peoples "thoughts" yet when they give them you take issue with them. I suggest in the future just post your team, eliminate the color coding, and just argue/defend away if people don't like your squad. Please do come back throughout the season though...maybe the people commenting are wrong. :shrug:

You said "The statistical odds of one of those 5 players producing good flex points is very VERY high. " What are your statistical odds based on? Because I think the odds of one of any two of those 5 players wanted in the slot producing well this year is VERY LOW, I haven't run any numbers but my flex starters on my best team are Witten and Welker. That is vastly different from any combination you put together of those 5. While I can't see what the other's in your league drafted, Im guessing based on my own drafts there are at least 4-5 teams with better flex starters than you.
You beat me to it. How on earth do you project those guys to be 'amazing' flex options. Is this bizarro fantasy world? I have Foster/Pierre Thomas as my flexes in 1 league. Not to mention the countless other teams posted on here with tremendous flex duos. Counting on a Nicks/Garrett Graham/Ladarius to be amazing flex options is well....crazy. Frankly, I'd be pissed if I had to start any of your self proclaimed amazing flexes. Even T-Will is a question mark that for someone unknown reason, you're already stamping as a proven commodity. The funny thing is, I actually like your team outside of those WR's but u cant just sweep that part away and minimize a major part of your team...

You beat me to it. How on earth do you project those guys to be 'amazing' flex options. Is this bizarro fantasy world? I have Foster/Pierre Thomas as my flexes in 1 league. Not to mention the countless other teams posted on here with tremendous flex duos. Counting on a Nicks/Garrett Graham/Ladarius to be amazing flex options is well....crazy. Frankly, I'd be pissed if I had to start any of your self proclaimed amazing flexes. Even T-Will is a question mark that for someone unknown reason, you're already stamping as a proven commodity. The funny thing is, I actually like your team outside of those WR's but u cant just sweep that part away and minimize a major part of your team...
While its possible, I just don't consider it probable. In the end team health, and finding 1 or 2 free agent studs can go a long way to winning. Any of the teams posted can win...so I will end my comments to ISUDESTROYERS w/ Good luck.

While its possible, I just don't consider it probable. In the end team health, and finding 1 or 2 free agent studs can go a long way to winning. Any of the teams posted can win...so I will end my comments to ISUDESTROYERS w/ Good luck.
Thanks Scientist....I share your setiments of "anything can happen". Good luck with your teams as well.

P.S. Did anybody note that among the top teams going for the $300K, that a lot of them had Peyton Manning as QB? My theory is....taking a top notch QB could be partly responsible for making a serious run for the top prize ($300K)

Thoughts?

Thanks Scientist....I share your setiments of "anything can happen". Good luck with your teams as well.

P.S. Did anybody note that among the top teams going for the $300K, that a lot of them had Peyton Manning as QB? My theory is....taking a top notch QB could be partly responsible for making a serious run for the top prize ($300K)

Thoughts?
I'm almost certain Coots championship team played EJ Manuel and Eli Manning in 2/3 Championship weeks. So the answer to that question is no.

And we likely won't ever see another year like Peyton Manning had last year.

Good QB's can help get u to those Champ Rds. They cant win the whole thing for you though.

Thoughts?
I consider Peyton last year to be an outlier. Typically the difference between the top QB and QB10 is around 5-6ppg, yet the round selected is vastly different. If you have a guy you are confident being there late I would say go with him. Coots won with Eli Manning and McCown I believe.

The difference between QB 5 and QB10 is like 2ppg.

Love this bickering. It just adds to the overall enjoyment of fantasy football.

Prior to opening kickoff, everyone thinks they have the winner. Love it.

[SIZE=small]Was going thru this thread and checking out some of the teams, ill post some more later, these are the first 2 that stood out to me...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]pennystock, on 07 Aug 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Completed two of my three drafts the last few nights. Feel okay but not great about both teams, but still early days.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]From the 8 spot:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]QB: M. Stafford (7), R. Tannehill (19)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]RB: E. Lacy (1), S. Vereen (3), R. Bush (4), D. McFadden (11), T. Mason (13), J. Starks (15)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]WR: J. Nelson (2), D. Jackson (5), R. Randle (9), C. Shorts (10), D. Baldwin (14), J. Cotchery (18)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]TE: D. Pitta (6), Z. Ertz (8), G. Graham (12)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Def: SF (16), ARI (17)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]K: M. Crosby (20)[/SIZE]
and

mp1477http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showuser=56166

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

From 10:

QB: Brady, Tannehill

RB: Gio Bernard, Shane Vereen, Toby Gerhart, Jeremy Hill, Tre Mason, Jordan Todman

WR: Alshon Jeffery, Michael Floyd, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate, Nicks, Woods, Beckham Jr

TE: Kyle Rudolph, Graham, Niklas

K: Forbath

D: Cheifs
Really strong teams here, a lot of shaky ones posted early on and seemed to get stronger as the days went by..perhaps drafting early isn't as beneficial as I initially thought..Both these were posted 1 after the other as well which was odd..

ISUDESTROYERS said:
ImTheScientist said:

Thoughts?
I was 12th going into week 16 and I had wilson/Bradford before Foles took over....so NO

cdubz said:
From the 2 spot:

Ryan(11)/ Roethlisberger(15)

Martin(2)/ L.Bell(3)/ Stacy(4)/ Gerhart(5)/ Hillman(14)/ Grimes(17)

Welker(6)/ Colston(7)/ Watkins(8)/ Hunter(9)/ Jennings(12)/ Latimer(13)/ Caldwell(16)/M. Austin(20)

Graham(1)/ D. Allen(10)

Chiefs(19)

Bailey(18)

The RB heavy approach is a complete departure from my usual strategy, but thought available players dictated it. Definitely a gamble not taking a WR until the tail end of the 6th. I got kind of lucky to still grab 2 of my top 30 as WRs were flying off the board.

Is it complete overkill to handcuff Welker with Latimer and Caldwell? Probably. But with my lack of WR options, wanted to guarantee myself a weekly Den WR. And if Demaryius or Sanders misses time, I should have 2 starters. Not a bad offense to be speculating in.
The answer was apparently no.

ImTheScientist said:
ISUDESTROYERS said:
Da Gildz said:

See what I mean? I had Welker in the flex and now he's gone.... now I have to rely on Boldin, or maybe Lamar Miller or Jeremy Hill. You just never know when one of your peeps is doing drugs and going to get caught. :topcat:

Ok so I caved...Final one! From the 9 hole:

QB- Luck (7), Palmer (13)
RB - Lacy (1), Ellington (2), Spiller (3), Robinson (10), Hillman (14), Michael (15)
WR - Andre J (4), Crabtree (5), Edelman (6), Cooper (11), Latimer (12), Marv Jones (17)
TE - Miller (8), Gates (9), Amaro (16)
K - Bryant (20)
DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

This is 1 of my best I think, although I would love to hear some opinions. Pretty deep everywhere. Thought those backend RB's were great value, a bit light in the TE dept but it will do I suppose...

Lets hear it!

What are you thoughts on this one?

I drafted on Aug. 31 from the 10 spot.

QB:

Tony Romo (12th)

Phillip Rivers (14th)

HB:

Joique Bell (3rd)

Frank Gore (7th)

Mark Ingram (8th)

LeGarrette Blount (13th)

Jonathan Grimes (15th)

WR:

Dez Bryant (1st)

Julio Jones (2nd)

Cordarrelle Patterson (4th)

Michael Crabtree (6th)

Rueben Randle (9th)

Riley Cooper (10th)

Mohamed Sanu (16th)

Stedman Bailey (18th) *auto-pick as my internet went down here

Andre Holmes (19th)

TE:

Zach Ertz (5th)

Tim Wright (11th)

K:

Blair Walsh (20th)

D:

New Orleans (17th)

My thoughts: Love getting Romo in the 12th. Backing him up with Rivers in the 14th seems like stealing. I'm certainly weak at HB, but I do love Bell in a PPR. People are always down on Gore, but he just produces. I have no problem having a guy like Gore as my RB2 when I'm loading up on great WR's. Ingram and Blount may surprise as well. WR is where I think I shine. Was excited to get Dez and Julio. Not sure I'm completely sold on Patterson, but to win these leagues you have to step out a bit. Crabtree as my #4 is solid and I finish with solid depth with Randle, Cooper Sanu etc... I love love love Ertz. I targetted him in the 5th before I started knowing he would be gone in the 6th. Not sure what to expect with Wright, but you can't have everything. Walsh and NO defense are fine. Play matchups with the WW.

Anyone want to give some thoughts/advice?
Pretty much agree with your assessment here, you've got strength everywhere but the RB position and QB position (which isn't really a weakness as they should be close to the guys ahead of them). Would like your squad better if you had managed to handcuff Gore, he could certainly pan out but it's risky to rely on him as an RB2 all year IMO. Love your WRs and I'm high on Ertz as well. I might have picked up a 3rd TE like Rivera instead of taking 9 WRs as well. Overall solid draft though, should be a contender.

Ok so I caved...Final one! From the 9 hole:

QB- Luck (7), Palmer (13)

RB - Lacy (1), Ellington (2), Spiller (3), Robinson (10), Hillman (14), Michael (15)

WR - Andre J (4), Crabtree (5), Edelman (6), Cooper (11), Latimer (12), Marv Jones (17)

TE - Miller (8), Gates (9), Amaro (16)

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

This is 1 of my best I think, although I would love to hear some opinions. Pretty deep everywhere. Thought those backend RB's were great value, a bit light in the TE dept but it will do I suppose...

Lets hear it!
Overall I like it, think you got good value at WR and TE in the mid rounds which is critical with an RB/RB/RB start - those guys you took won't probably be super studs but I think they are all high floor guys who should give you consistent good results. I'm not as high on your last three RBs as you are but if one of them hits you are in great shape. I think Luck in the late 7th was also good value, I drafted one last night and took D. Brees at 4.08 and immediately regretted it :) Nice draft!

Users who are viewing this thread