tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

2,599 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Who is his back up and anyone handcuffing?

Malcolm Brown I believe. 

Not handcuffing. If I didn't love Gurley I wouldn't be involved with this offense. 

5/56 receiving line is a sight for sore eyes.

Obviously you would like to see more points in a blowout and there was still a 2016-ish 7 carries for 15 yards stretch, but Goff looks much better. 

Arrow is pointing up. 

1 person likes this

It was a blowout but the offense only scored 3 TDs.  I guess the good news is NFL.com says they only scored 24 all last season.  So they are on double the pace this year.  That's good.

2ypc is not good.  

With the offense looking more dynamic, maybe they'll improve over the course of the season.  I'm trying to be optimistic.

He looks like last season spooked him. He runs like he's expecting to get hit. Like a QB watching the pass rush.

2 people like this

i've been pretty bullish on him, but there's one owner in my league who is desperate to get him.  

gunshy is is a bad trait in a football player. 

what would you take in a trade for Gurley at this point?

The receptions are nice but Gurley will not be afforded a better game script for the rest of his career and still somehow only managed 40 yards on the ground. That's kind of scary.

I wonder how often he faced stacked boxes today and if IND at all adjusted with Goff throwing on them.

Edited by SameSongNDance

11 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

The receptions are nice but Gurley will not be afforded a better game script for the rest of his career and still somehow only managed 40 yards on the ground. That's kind of scary.

I wonder how often he faced stacked boxes today and if IND at all adjusted with Goff throwing on them.

Below is what I posted in the ram/Indy game thread in response to Gurley concerns....

No doubt.  But the colts sold out on the run challenging Goff to beat them and he did.

Still the one thing that looked worrisome to me is the run blocking looks no better.   Hopefully with the new WR corps teams will start to respect then passing game and stop stacking the box. Today's game can only go towards helping that

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Faust said:

I feel the same. He had some nice power finishes and decent wiggle when he had the Space and semi decent blocking.

playcalling is way better then last year it seems, goff looked pretty damn good. Not sure if Indy D is that bad or rams O as a whole has improved a lot or a combo of both. I'm thinking more of a combo. 

He also had a really nice outside run to the right in the first quarter I believe. Looked fast and decisive. I believe he gained 10-12 yards but was called back on a stupid hold on the opposite side of the field    I liked what I saw in general, had the game script been different (Rams defense not scored so many points) I think Gurley would've had a much better game. He was pulled for almost the entire 4th. 

Edited by ahartig

3 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Do the Rams just suck at run blocking really bad then? I didn't see he had much room and he often made the best out of a bad situation.

This is likely. I'm seeing the same problem with Abdullah right now who saw similarly light fronts and spent too much time behind the LOS. 

11 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

This is likely. I'm seeing the same problem with Abdullah right now who saw similarly light fronts and spent too much time behind the LOS. 

When the Lions play the Cardinals, you'd expect as much. Not against the Colts. :cry:

Trent Richardson 2.0 had someone offer him to me for David Johnson....in dynasty....no thanks

24 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Do the Rams just suck at run blocking really bad then? I didn't see he had much room and he often made the best out of a bad situation. 

Pretty much

If anyone finds a cut up of his touches from this game please post

On 9/7/2017 at 9:59 PM, RBM said:

Malcolm Brown I believe. 

Not handcuffing. If I didn't love Gurley I wouldn't be involved with this offense. 

Curious if this week changed your view at all? I'm weak at RB and he's my 1 so debating Brown as a handcuff.

Curious how to package him in an effort for Dalvin Cook. 

20 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Curious if this week changed your view at all? I'm weak at RB and he's my 1 so debating Brown as a handcuff.

Goff looked very good but I need to see it vs an NFL caliber D. 

Getting some trade interest my way for this guy ...

have any of you owners traded him recently? Traded for him? Witnessed trades in your league?

trying to gauge his value - a couple of the other owners have nice pieces that I would consider, neither have made an offer though.

40 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

have any of you owners traded him recently? Traded for him? Witnessed trades in your league?

trying to gauge his value - a couple of the other owners have nice pieces that I would consider, neither have made an offer though.

He's a odd one. FBG still have him as pretty much a top 5 dynasty RB but good luck fetching that in return. I'm a sucker and loved him at Georgia and traded up for him in my startup last year, but I would move him for value no question. A WR1 or top QB without thinking. I believe in his talent, but that OL is just atrocious. I know it sounds apologist, but it was a re-run of last year with guys in the backfield at the handoff 50% of the snaps. 

The only glimmer of hope is that it can't get worse than last year when he was a middling RB2. And the upside is still there. It might have to wait until his next team or who knows maybe they trade him to a contender for picks before his contract ends. Seems to happen a lot more in today's NFL (see Cooks). Could see Ozzie making some phone calls.

The line wasn't great in Week 1, but I'm a believer in what McVaybwill do for this offense long term.  I'm a buyer at the right price, but wouldn't be selling for a QB.

If you're looking to sell, wait for the value bump he gets for destroying the Redskins defense this week. He's gonna run wild. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If you're looking to sell, wait for the value bump he gets for destroying the Redskins defense this week. He's gonna run wild. 

Lol ... yea that sounds great, but uhm

he had the dream matchup last week - and he disappointed. I know he didn't play much in the 4th, but he also didn't run well with his early chances.

looked good catching the ball - but he looked pretty bad with his carries. For a supposed top RB ... he should be able to create more on his own.

i want to sell

1 minute ago, Ray Barboni said:

he had the dream matchup last week - and he disappointed. I know he didn't play much in the 4th, but he also didn't run well with his early chances.

looked good catching the ball - but he looked pretty bad with his carries. For a supposed top RB ... he should be able to create more on his own.

i want to sell

If the Colts defense has a strength, it's the interior DL and their ability to slow down a running game. To be fair. 

If the Redskins defense has a strength, it's that they only have to play 15 more times this year. 

Seriously, they can't tackle and they don't like to tackle guys who run hard like Gurley. He's going to do some damage. Oh, and we can't defend at all against RBs catching passes, something he did well week 1.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If the Colts defense has a strength, it's the interior DL and their ability to slow down a running game. To be fair. 

If the Redskins defense has a strength, it's that they only have to play 15 more times this year. 

Seriously, they can't tackle and they don't like to tackle guys who run hard like Gurley. He's going to do some damage. Oh, and we can't defend at all against RBs catching passes, something he did well week 1.

Nice post ...

the "colts strength" on defense is a bit of a reach - but I get your point.

ill hold out for another week. 

I do trust in McVay to make the best of Gurley. 

2 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

I bought him today in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues. Gave Perine and what should be a late 1st for Gurley. 

I dunno gents. I feel that the time to buy low is now on gurley. The stench of last year is still thick and the regime change hasn't fully kicked In to high gear yet. 

The new WR corp and goff getting better will only help. 

tried trading him for any top 10 WR in my league this week. 

no takers. 

even with a top 20 WR throw in. 

47 minutes ago, CabinFever said:

I bought him today in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues. Gave Perine and what should be a late 1st for Gurley. 

wow desperation on the part of that Gurley owner 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, CabinFever said:

Good job, steal

I went down with the ship with Michael Bush, David Wilson, Marcus Lattimore, and Mendenhall. I'm always too optimistic with my guys. 

On September 13, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Sarlakticacid said:

If anyone finds a cut up of his touches from this game please post

Ive been looking but nothing...

I was offered D. Henry and a conditional 1st for Gurley (couldn't be in the top 5).  I passed

On 9/14/2017 at 8:44 PM, Ray Barboni said:

i want to sell

On 9/14/2017 at 8:38 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

See? Haha

1 person likes this

He looked like the Gurley we once knew again in the second half.  Was nice to see.  Hopefully this is something for him to build on.  

2 people like this

Well ... that was unexpected. But I'll take it. Hopefully more to come. 

23 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

He looked like the Gurley we once knew again in the second half.  Was nice to see.  Hopefully this is something for him to build on.  

Looked great when they ran the offense through him. Talent is still there.