Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

6 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Well, you are badmouthing a player on a fantasy football website.  I think you need to be more mindful of your audience.

What are you talking about? I told people to pick up CJ Anderson in Gurley's absence and he helped win a lot of crucial fantasy playoff matchups.  Having a basic understanding of a team's strengths playing the actual game of football goes a long way in winning fantasy football. 

3 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I like how you take the Vegas information for a single game and inflate that to mean that he cannot be the best player in the league and is vastly overrated.  That's cute.

A different person would look at this information and say that in the context of the Saints vs the Rams on Sunday, January 20, 2019, there is very little difference between the expected outcome of the game whether or not Todd Gurley plays.  This can have any number of meanings for future games, or none at all.   I lean toward the latter.

More importantly he was guessing that the line wouldn’t move if Gurley was out this week.  There is no such in or out line this week as he’s in.  The Only game there was, was the 49er game where he was expected to play and sat at the last minute. And this line didn’t move is his case. But Gurleys impact on that game wasn’t necessary for them to win or effect the final score. In the Gurley in line Vegas could’ve very easily been factoring in an early lead in that late season game and Gurly getting sat. The point is who knows what factored in to Vegas is lines pre-and post Gurley for that specific game.  One theory could be what he is proposing, but there are others. 

I for one was shocked to see "round, brown, and low to the ground"* out produce Gurley last week.  Make me question how much of Gurley's success is system based.

*Stealing this from a local AA radio host.

9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

More importantly he was guessing that the line wouldn’t move if Gurley was out this week.  There is no such in or out line this week as he’s in.  The Only game there was, was the 49er game where he was expected to play and sat at the last minute. And this line didn’t move is his case. But Gurleys impact on that game wasn’t necessary for them to win or effect the final score. In the Gurley in line Vegas could’ve very easily been factoring in an early lead in that late season game and Gurly getting sat. The point is who knows what factored in to Vegas is lines pre-and post Gurley for that specific game.  One theory could be what he is proposing, but there are others. 

I literally posted a quote from one bookmaker who said RBs have no value.  It's amazing how much time you spent making up stuff here just to try to discredit my opinion.  

3 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

I literally posted a quote from one bookmaker who said RBs have no value.  It's amazing how much time you spent making up stuff here just to try to discredit my opinion.  

You didn't present it as an opinion.  You presented it as a fact, and implied that only a moron could disagree with this gospel truth.

• Like 1