What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (9 Viewers)

There is no turning back now if you're St. L. The beast was let loose today. He has to be the lead back from here on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
He'll be a first round pick next year.
Yea, he could be RB1. All of the great backs are getting old. Though guys like Lacy and Hill have had some success in the NFL/FF, I really don't view them as being on par with the past generation of standouts like Peterson/LT/Lynch. I don't watch those guys run and think they're perennial Pro Bowl locks. I feel like it's been a while since we've seen that kind of back come through. Trent Richardson was supposed to be that guy, but it didn't happen. Doug Martin hasn't been consistent enough. I guess you could say LeVeon Bell, but I don't know if I buy it just yet.

Gurley, on the other hand, looks like he can be that kind of talent. I am surprised that he didn't weigh more at the combine because he looks huge on the field. I guess maybe it's just that all the weight is in his legs. He's a tree trunk on wheels out there.

Yea, he could be RB1. All of the great backs are getting old. Though guys like Lacy and Hill have had some success in the NFL/FF, I really don't view them as being on par with the past generation of standouts like Peterson/LT/Lynch. I don't watch those guys run and think they're perennial Pro Bowl locks. I feel like it's been a while since we've seen that kind of back come through. Trent Richardson was supposed to be that guy, but it didn't happen. Doug Martin hasn't been consistent enough. I guess you could say LeVeon Bell, but I don't know if I buy it just yet.

Gurley, on the other hand, looks like he can be that kind of talent. I am surprised that he didn't weigh more at the combine because he looks huge on the field. I guess maybe it's just that all the weight is in his legs. He's a tree trunk on wheels out there.
Great post here.

I am surprised that he didn't weigh more at the combine because he looks huge on the field. I guess maybe it's just that all the weight is in his legs. He's a tree trunk on wheels out there.
He didn't weigh more because he was recovering from surgery and wasn't able to do regular weight training.

You should have taken Gurley at 1.1 over White in the HyperActive 3 dynasty draft and that's not because White got hurt. Especially since you took Cooper at 1.3. You could have had your choice of White or Cooper at 1.3 and still had Gurley.

The only player who I could fathom taking before Gurley is Cooper. But Gurley could prove to be more valuable. RBs are not exactly lighting up the world right now.

Gurley has not given up too much of a head start that he can't win Rookie of the Year (reigning ROY OBJ got off to a similarly injury-related slow start). The competition should be fierce. Mariota had statistically one of the greatest openers for a rookie QB ever and could shatter the season TD record. Wesseling (ROY column at NFL.com, formerly F&L dynasty thread here) noted only two rookie WRs ever (Louis Lipps one?) had more receiving yards through their first three games, and he had another long TD reception in week 4. Beyond individual stays, whoever seems to impact the W-L record the most could also be a factor or criteria in the award thought process and decision making.

Wow. Bold....and believe me, I want to drive the gurley bandwagon through the late night drive through. Quite a statement.
i don't think it's that farfetched. He's an every down stud rb in a year where there are a TON of rb busts
To be clear... You are stating the #1 RB, not just that he is a fantasy RB1, correct? I think it's obvious he's a top 12 RB but the RB1 is bold. And I agree... Especially with Levion missing Ben for awhile.

Wow. Bold....and believe me, I want to drive the gurley bandwagon through the late night drive through. Quite a statement.
i don't think it's that farfetched. He's an every down stud rb in a year where there are a TON of rb busts
To be clear... You are stating the #1 RB, not just that he is a fantasy RB1, correct? I think it's obvious he's a top 12 RB but the RB1 is bold. And I agree... Especially with Levion missing Ben for awhile.
no i meant top 12 rb

So what happened throughout the game? I checked in early and saw he was averaging sub-1 a carry. Then I look at the end of game box and see things changed in a hurry.

So what happened throughout the game? I checked in early and saw he was averaging sub-1 a carry. Then I look at the end of game box and see things changed in a hurry.
They starting feeding him the ball consistently and he regained stud form.
Sweet. So he looks good? At the pre-ACL level we'd hoped?
No, he's not even 100% yet. His burst isn't fully there and neither is his pull away speed IMO. He's still good enough to make a big impact,though.

Saw some highlights. Looked efffortless. Like "Where did those holes come from?" He looks big and fast. Smooth. I own Lacy and Hill and never felt this good watching them. I fell hard for Trent and vowed never to fall in love with a RB again. But I think cupid shot me.

Todd Gurley emerges as dominant force in Rams' win:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000549934/article/todd-gurley-emerges-as-dominant-force-in-rams-win

Excerpt:

1. We've seen the Jekyll-and-Hyde Rams pull off impressive divisional wins in the Jeff Fisher era, but this one had a new feel with Gurley and Tavon Austin emerging as difference-makers. Austin's elusiveness almost single-handedly kept the offense afloat until Gurley's dynamic combination of power and speed put a relentless Cardinals defense on its heels late in the game. The rookie rushed for more yards against Arizona than Mark Ingram, Matt Forte and Carlos Hyde combined in the first three weeks of the season. As obvious as Gurley's talent is, it was just as telling that he had the awareness to burn the clock rather than running out of bounds or trying to gain extra yardage on the game's final drive. He showed all of the traits of a clock-killing finisher.

You should have taken Gurley at 1.1 over White in the HyperActive 3 dynasty draft and that's not because White got hurt. Especially since you took Cooper at 1.3. You could have had your choice of White or Cooper at 1.3 and still had Gurley.
What does this have to do with anything?

Anyway, I knew you were a Cooper fanboy and thought you would take him at #2, leaving Gurley for me at #3.

Didn't work out that way, but I was still happy to get the two receivers. I value WR > RB in that format.

What's his going rate now? AP, Bell, and a 2016 1st? :) lol
I gave up Lynch and CJA before the season started. He's the #2 dynasty RB behind Bell IMO so it would cost you a ton to get him now.
I gave up A. Brown in 2014 which was a lofty price, not really sure what I would take for him now but I'm sure a I'd start with the 1st born!

Well I was going to offer a guy an RB2-ish guy and Carson Palmer (Ben owner) in redraft for Gurley last week.

I wish I had pulled the trigger.

I get the feeling he is one of those "un touchable" guys after this performance.

If someone held him all this time and then saw today, I doubt he will trade Gurley at virtually any price.

TZM

What does this have to do with anything?

Anyway, I knew you were a Cooper fanboy and thought you would take him at #2, leaving Gurley for me at #3.

Didn't work out that way, but I was still happy to get the two receivers. I value WR > RB in that format.
Ok, ;) I guess you didn't know me as well as you thought you did. My point was you should have taken Gurley at 1.1 and had your choice of White or Cooper at 1.3. I favor Gurley over White for sure (even before injury) and you should have too.

Users who are viewing this thread