Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

.5 ppr, seriously considering Woodhead over TG. Floor seems about 5 pts, ceiling maybe 15?

He's the type of player who only needs one crease, one defensive breakdown, a couple chances from the goaline. He could have 3 TDs and less than 10 yards... you never know how the game will play out. I'm starting him, you have to, really. I have started him every game and like many studs, he has good games and bad. All good games don't come against bad defenses and all bad games don't come against good defenses. Unless you're stacked, it's my opinion that you have to start him. Good luck fellow Gurley owners.

• Like 1

I was loaded at RB. Now. McCoy is done. Ivory seems to have lost too much work to Powell am going to start Freeman in bad matchup and now stuck deciding between Gurley Artis Payne or Gilleslie as my RB 2

I'm starting David Johnson and trying to decide between Gurley or Karlos Williams. Could also start Gurley at the flex over John Brown or Rueben Randle

I'm leaning towards starting Gurley at RB2 and Karlos at the flex

Edited by BrothaMan

We only start 1 RB plus a WR/RB Flex (3 WR.)

I'm likely sitting him:

Brown

AR15

Green

DeAngelo

Mi Floyd

ETA: full PPR

Edited by BobbyLayne

Same wave length of above posts by 3nOut and Packersfan... Go Gurley! Starting him with an interesting mix of confidence and hope

The Seahawks do struggle against RBs in the passing game so a wise man would make sure Gurley got 4-5 catches at least this week.

Course the Bucs struggle against RBs in the passing game too and the Rams refused to involve Gurley after his first two receptions went for 31 yards.

So there you go.

• Like 1

Course the Bucs struggle against RBs in the passing game too and the Rams refused to involve Gurley after his first two receptions went for 31 yards.

I think they may have been on the opening drive too. That was just amazing ineptitude to not stick with that.

I was loaded at RB. Now. McCoy is done. Ivory seems to have lost too much work to Powell am going to start Freeman in bad matchup and now stuck deciding between Gurley Artis Payne or Gilleslie as my RB 2

Step back, take a walk around the block... now come back and look at what you typed.

Edited by Dizzy
  • Like 1

What do people expect from him next season, far removed from surgery. I believe I saw him wearing the brace again last game. I am expecting a Tyrann Mathieu like resurgence minus the reinjury. He should be wiser and far more explosive. Plus the team should be better prepared to tailor thw offensive line and playcalling around him. Thoughts? He will only be 22 next season. Wow.

Edited by georg013

gonna start Donald friggin brown over gurley. I see a bunch of junk from him this week.....

Step back, take a walk around the block... now come back and look at what you typed.

gonna start Donald friggin brown over gurley. I see a bunch of junk from him this week.....

im not looking forward to Gurleys 11 carries for 32 yards.....

What do people expect from him next season, far removed from surgery. I believe I saw him wearing the brace again last game. I am expecting a Tyrann Mathieu like resurgence minus the reinjury. He should be wiser and far more explosive. Plus the team should be better prepared to tailor thw offensive line and playcalling around him. Thoughts? He will only be 22 next season. Wow.

I'm definitely a little worried. I just don't know how they're going to get a competent QB. I mean I'm definitely keeping him and expect big things but I'm not 100% confident.

I'd take 11 for 32 if it came with 5 receptions for 50 and a shot at a TD. The only thing preventing Gurley from having a major role in the passing game this week given the strength and weakness of the Seattle defense is coaching competence, pure and simple. Instead of 5-6 carries slamming him between the tackles for 5 yards just throw him 4-5 passes, get him in space and actually threaten the Seahawks' defense. It would be real easy to do. Didn't Benny Cunningham go nuts on Seattle as a receiver in Week 1? I seem to remember that was a big part of their win.

Just looked it up - 4 for 77 for Cunningham as a receiver.

Edited by packersfan
  • Like 1

I'd take 11 for 32 if it came with 5 receptions for 50 and a shot at a TD. The only thing preventing Gurley from having a major role in the passing game this week given the strength and weakness of the Seattle defense is coaching competence, pure and simple. Instead of 5-6 carries slamming him between the tackles for 5 yards just throw him 4-5 passes, get him in space and actually threaten the Seahawks' defense. It would be real easy to do. Didn't Benny Cunningham go nuts on Seattle as a receiver in Week 1? I seem to remember that was a big part of their win.

Really is hard to believe guys getting paid to make these decisions can't figure out all kinds of ways to get the ball in this guys hands as often as possible.

Really is hard to believe guys getting paid to make these decisions can't figure out all kinds of ways to get the ball in this guys hands as often as possible.

He catches 2 passes for 31 yards last week and looks great. Meanwhile, the Bucs are loading up against him in the run game and he's not getting much going there. So what would you do? Keep blasting him between the tackles into loaded fronts or maybe get him some more receptions where he's been highly effective? Clearly it's the former.

Stuff like that happens all the time in the NFL and I'm with you it's completely baffling. How can coaches not see what's working and what isn't and do more of what's working? Why is that so complicated?

He catches 2 passes for 31 yards last week and looks great. Meanwhile, the Bucs are loading up against him in the run game and he's not getting much going there. So what would you do? Keep blasting him between the tackles into loaded fronts or maybe get him some more receptions where he's been highly effective? Clearly it's the former.

Stuff like that happens all the time in the NFL and I'm with you it's completely baffling. How can coaches not see what's working and what isn't and do more of what's working? Why is that so complicated?

Maybe the Bucs started spying him in the passing game and there was nothing there? I don't know. Just trying to think of some excuse for that kind of stupidity.

Thank goodness I jumped on David Johnson. Gurley is my other starter. Now, I'm up in the air as are many of you as to start Gurley or not to the likes of: K Williams (who has a knack for the endzone like D Johnson), L Murray (over Gurley - whew), Abdullah, McFadden, and Woodhead (can't do it), and then there's Cameron Artis-Payne and Christine Michael (with exciting upside)?

Still leaning this way. Gurley has too much talent and could get two rushing scores and 60-70 yards rushing and 2-3 catches and 35 yards receiving. NTB (Not Too Bad). But, I like Karlos Williams getting into the endzone almost as much as I like David Johnson. Both of these guys just seem to have "it."

David Johnson

Todd Gurley

I'm sitting Gurley in favor of Latavius Murray

I think I'm doing the same.

• Like 1

So far so good.

I'm forced to start him in dynasty. Stupid 3rd place game. I have to have a record for 3rd place games in this ####### dynasty league. Don't even give a ####. Stupid 3rd place game.

So far so good.

I'm forced to start him in dynasty. Stupid 3rd place game. I have to have a record for 3rd place games in this ####### dynasty league. Don't even give a ####. Stupid 3rd place game.

Thats what you deserve for your negativity. Trade Gurley immediately. You dont deserve to own him with your pessimism plus we dont want you bringing bad vibes in here Mr. Big Play Dependent.

So far so good.

Thats what you deserve for your negativity. Trade Gurley immediately. You dont deserve to own him with your pessimism plus we dont want you bringing bad vibes in here Mr. Big Play Dependent.

:reported:

So far so good.

:reported:

Im reporting your report!

Sitting him for Cmike. I was torn but after Cooper got me a doughnut last night I need 100/2 potential and game script not looking like that for STL traveling to Seattle.

Sitting him for Cmike. I was torn but after Cooper got me a doughnut last night I need 100/2 potential and game script not looking like that for STL traveling to Seattle.

Boy if you need to gamble I'd definitely go Gurley over Michael.

• Like 1

Boy if you need to gamble I'd definitely go Gurley over Michael.

Definitely the more likely of those two (Gurley) to make a 100/2 happen versus a tough defense.

Not feeling it. I think Seattle gets up early, runs the ball and Mason gets more turf time than gurley in 2nd half. Us Gurley owners have to depend on Case K to keep the Seahawk defense honest behind a terrible line. I simply can't take 15/40 and some catches while hoping for a TD. Can Gurley bust off a couple of long runs? Sure.

.5 ppr, seriously considering Woodhead over TG. Floor seems about 5 pts, ceiling maybe 15?

Couldn't make myself do it. Starting Gurley and riding the horse that got me there.

Cmike is just as risky. Hell, Bryce Brown could get the hot hand and out carry Michael. It's not like CM has a good track record.

I have started Gurley every game he was available, but he's on the bench for my Championship. Seattle is just to tough to run on. I would start him over Michael if I had to make a choice.

Actually you can run on the Seahawks. Their lineman are undersized and can be easily pushed around to open up a crease. The issues are having a QB the Seahawks back 7 respects (obvs, the Rams don't) and remaining committed to establishing the run. Game flow is one of the Seahawks best weapons in stopping the run.

Consider:

1. Cunningham had 20 touches for 120 yards. Benny ####### Cunningham.
  2. Starks 20-95 and 4 receptions
  3. Forte 20-74
  4. 25 touches, 96 yards Lions RBBC
  5. Gio 15-80 5 receptions
  6. JStew 20-78-2
  7. Hyde/Bush 15-61
  8. McFadden 20-64, 6-49
  9. Ellington/CJ 30-119-1
  10. Draughn 20 touches 77 yards
  11. DeAngelo 8-29-1, 7-88
  12. ADP/McKinnon 12-36 7 receptions in 7-38 blowout
  13. another blowout (35-6), Allen 8-14, 6-44
  14. Crowe/DJJ 13-69, 8 receptions

They are a good defense but it's not like they're the 2000 Ravens. The offense is playing at a very high level, and this one could get out of hand. However, Fisher (who is coming back) has beaten Carrol three times and played them close in Seattle several times.

9 different RBs have topped 70 YFS, and Gurley is more talented than all of them. It's not a start you can feel completely confident about, so I could see benching him if you think you have better options, but if you're on the fence I think there's a good chance Gurley has a decent FF day.

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Like 5

This is why I read the Shark Pool. Very well written and and thoughtful.

I make most of my football decisions on on the belief that past performance predicts future behavior. When Seattle and the Rams play, I bench all of them. Throw out game one of this season, it's always been a defensive slug fest.

This is why I read the Shark Pool. Very well written and and thoughtful.

I make most of my football decisions on on the belief that past performance predicts future behavior. When Seattle and the Rams play, I bench all of them. Throw out game one of this season, it's always been a defensive slug fest.

What about the first game last year?

Chicken Little types and big play dependent theorists, this is for you: Don't bench greatness. Ever. Not going to be obnoxious but if you started a waiver wire find over this bonafide stud, shame on you. He hasnt even scratched the surface of what he can be in this league.

Edited by georg013

Cmike is just as risky. Hell, Bryce Brown could get the hot hand and out carry Michael. It's not like CM has a good track record.

Want to give a big shout out to Bloom who talked me out of Cmike over Gurley. Back2Back CSB

Glad my boy was able to rip a couple and find his way into the end zone. Big part of my win.

• Like 1

I didn't do this, although it didn't matter...

Regardless, thanks Todd for a great season!

Championship!

Edited by OU#1

Chicken Little types and big play dependent theorists, this is for you: Don't bench greatness. Ever. Not going to be obnoxious but if you started a waiver wire find over this bonafide stud, shame on you. He hasnt even scratched the surface of what he can be in this league.

Unless it's Hightower. Or Charles Sims. Or Frank Gore. Or DeAngelo. Or Buck Allen. Or or or.

It's easy to be loud in retrospect, but playing him against SEA, with that O line, with that QB, with the last few weeks' history, was bad odds.

• Like 1

Unless it's Hightower. Or Charles Sims. Or Frank Gore. Or DeAngelo. Or Buck Allen. Or or or.

It's easy to be loud in retrospect, but playing him against SEA, with that O line, with that QB, with the last few weeks' history, was bad odds.

That's the only way Georgey Boy here knows how to post.

That's the only way Georgey Boy here knows how to post.

I don't agree, I was just making a simple point. The comment wasn't meant to be a shot, I just couldn't think of a good adverb without sounding overly snippy and loud was the closest I could get. Don't drag me into your little dramafest, I want no part of it.

Edited by Hankmoody

If he plays a full season next year 15-20 touchdowns looks like a strong bet. If the Rams incorporate him at all in the passing game he could rival a healthy Le'Veon Bell for RB1 honors. As explosive as he is, he should be getting 3-4 receptions per game guaranteed. Ridiculous that the Rams haven't figured that out yet.

If he plays a full season next year 15-20 touchdowns looks like a strong bet. If the Rams incorporate him at all in the passing game he could rival a healthy Le'Veon Bell for RB1 honors. As explosive as he is, he should be getting 3-4 receptions per game guaranteed. Ridiculous that the Rams haven't figured that out yet.

If they were in the playoff hunt, or if was further removed from knee surgery, I'm guessing they would have used him more in the passing game. No need the past couple weeks though, really.