What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (3 Viewers)

Yeah - this ain't good - but he is a young man who will recover quickly and should still be the 1st back off the board...

NFL GM's don't need to see this guy at the combine!

Watching it live, no it didnt look bad, but on replay, his leg bent inward on his jump cut....and his next step to land on his left foot he did plant on it again. Just fell to the ground. They were up 27 to 7 with 5 mins left in the 4th and driving. Chubb and Gurley led the way, sony michel could not go in warmups....

If I was him, I would not come back even if I could. I would concentrate on the rehab and declare for the Draft and start preparing for the Combine.

Tex

By the way, they have Chubb who may not be putting to the same production as Gurley but his getting the job done and he's not slouch.

If I was him, I would not come back even if I could. I would concentrate on the rehab and declare for the Draft and start preparing for the Combine.

Tex
As I commented earlier, deep down he probably wishes the suspension was never cleared. He'd never admit to this though because he'd get TONS of backlash from fans and media. They'd question his dedication, heart, etc and make him all about the money....is that fair, not at all, but it's reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen Melvin Gordon. He plays for my favorite college team (Badgers)...

I watched every second of that great game yesterday and love his talent. I would say that some NFL GMs may say "I am not going to draft a back high that is coming off a torn ACL". They may go Gordon....

I would also think that some would say "He is young and this surgery most come back from - he is that good- I'll roll the dice!

Again we still don't know the extent of Gurley's injury...

Yeah - this ain't good - but he is a young man who will recover quickly and should still be the 1st back off the board...

NFL GM's don't need to see this guy at the combine!
have you seen Mel Gordon?
What's that got to do with what he said?
He said 1st back off the board...

I still think Gurley is the top back, but Gordon has made a strong case as well. If he didn't play at Wisonsin, I think he'd be getting even more pub than he already is receiving.

As a selfish Pats fan, I'm going to look at silver lining that it'll allow him to slip to late first. :P

Seriously though, sucks for him. Like I and others said earlier, he should have just told the NCAPEC to pound sand and sat back and gone top 5. Now who knows. And this on the heels of having to watch the last great RB before Gurley retire from NFL without having played a down. :(

Karma is a b****.
Yeah, he totally deserves this for selling some autographs and then owning up to it.

Moron.
He knowingly, intentionally, and systematically cheated, jeopardizing the work and dreams of his teammates, coaches, staff, and program supporters. I didn't say he deserved to be hurt...I don't wish injury on anyone. I noted that he generated some bad karma with his selfish actions.

Moron.

Karma is a b****.
Yeah, he totally deserves this for selling some autographs and then owning up to it.

Moron.
He knowingly, intentionally, and systematically cheated, jeopardizing the work and dreams of his teammates, coaches, staff, and program supporters. I didn't say he deserved to be hurt...I don't wish injury on anyone. I noted that he generated some bad karma with his selfish actions.Moron.
So we can expect roughly 500 more injuries this year to players due to bad karma?

Good. Get to work on that 40 get-off, Gurley.
THere is some truth to this. We've seen more than one pro career derailed or impacted by a late college career injury. There is a lot of money on the line.
Gurley can make himself more money by shaving .05 seconds off his 40 time than he ever could finishing this college season, Heisman or no. NFL teams know what he can do on the field and by all accounts he's a pretty good kid off of it. But if he hits a low 4.4 at his size...the hype will be off the charts. Stay healthy, kill the agility and speed drills, show natural hands in the receiving drills...those should be his goals between now and April.
He should have went down to the NCAA offices and sold autographs out front after they reinstated him.

You're not wrong Adam.

We ARE Georgia.

We're cursed with first being a penal colony, and then the 13th state of the Union.

Karma is a b****.
Yeah, he totally deserves this for selling some autographs and then owning up to it.Moron.
He knowingly, intentionally, and systematically cheated, jeopardizing the work and dreams of his teammates, coaches, staff, and program supporters. I didn't say he deserved to be hurt...I don't wish injury on anyone. I noted that he generated some bad karma with his selfish actions.Moron.
Yes, you basically did say he deserved it. The kid devoted his entire life to football, makes a mistake and you celebrate him having am injury that could have serious repercussions for the rest of his career and life. Not cool.

Karma is a b****.
Yeah, he totally deserves this for selling some autographs and then owning up to it.Moron.
Yes, you basically did say he deserved it. The kid devoted his entire life to football, makes a mistake and you celebrate him having am injury that could have serious repercussions for the rest of his career and life. Not cool.
You can infer whatever you would like. I couldn't care less.

Cheesedawg said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
Cheesedawg said:
Karma is a b****.

Moron.
When is this "bad karma" thing going to catch up with Florida State?

Cheesedawg said:
CR69 said:
Cheesedawg said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
Cheesedawg said:
Karma is a b****.
Talking crap about people on a message board. I wonder if that "bad karma" is going to catch up with you.

In other news welcome to my ignore list as stating something like this after an injury means I don't care about any of your future thoughts.

McFadden: Source says RB Gurley tore his ACL
131526.jpg

120 Sports' Bryant McFadden cites a source saying Georgia junior RB Todd Gurley's MRI confirmed he suffered a torn ACL in his left knee.
We will still wait on the status of Gurley's MCL. The injury seemed to be of the non-contact variety and he immediately clutched his left knee. Expect official word to come down later Sunday night or Monday. We have no idea how this will impact his evaluation. It is the first we have heard of Gurley suffering a significant knee injury.

He's done for year...

Cheesedawg said:
CR69 said:
Cheesedawg said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
Cheesedawg said:
Karma is a b****.
Talking crap about people on a message board. I wonder if that "bad karma" is going to catch up with you.

In other news welcome to my ignore list as stating something like this after an injury means I don't care about any of your future thoughts.
I'm not the one who knowingly broke the rules and selfishly hurt his team, so I'm not worried about my karma. ;) But thanks for worrying about me!

Cheesedawg said:
CR69 said:
Cheesedawg said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
Cheesedawg said:
Karma is a b****.

I'm not the one who knowingly broke the rules and selfishly hurt his team, so I'm not worried about my karma. ;) But thanks for worrying about me!
Going down the rabbit hole, you state he was selfish, and broke the rules....

Same kid returned to the game after an elbow injury playing with a bulky brace so he could play for his teammates.

Yes, very selfish

Really feel bad for the kid. Yeah it was stupid what he did but at least he owned up to it and on the list of stupid things that players do, this is very low. He didn't abuse women or stand on a table shouting vulgar words or even steal crab legs from a grocery store.

I think he'll recover though. Yes a torn ACL is not good, but it's not like he shredded everything like Lattimore did.

Cheesedawg said:
CR69 said:
Cheesedawg said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
Cheesedawg said:
Karma is a b****.

Same kid returned to the game after an elbow injury playing with a bulky brace so he could play for his teammates.

Yes, very selfish
Too little, too late.

As a dynasty player, he is still going to be a monster. But as a Georgia Bulldog, he let the program down. I hope he learned some life lessons.

It's interesting because if his recovery is not rapid and creates ANY doubt, while Gordon continues to shine, Gurley could slide in fantasy drafts creating fantastic opportunity in the 3-8 range. Up to this point, fans of Gurley have had to make moves to get the #1 overall, and now that may no longer be the reality. It's a real downer for him in a year that he was tearing it up, but look onward.

Newsflash, guys can sometimes walk around after tearing their ACLs. This has happened how many times??? Dozens and dozens??

Anyway yeah, this is really weird for his draft stock both NFL and fantasy (dynasty, cause in redraft I dont think he will have any value at all unless he MAYBE has a little later in the year, but definitely not draft worthy IMO).

People will want to compare him to Lattimore, but you can't. The injuries just aren't close to the same level of severity, plus Lattimore had multiple injuries.

I am probably just going to value him as a total loss for 2015 and a high potential stud RB 2016 and beyond. I can easily still see taking him at pick 1 even if I knew for a fact he wouldnt play one snap in 2015. I probably wouldnt, but as of right now he should still be top 3.

With the injury he may slide in the NFL draft and land with a good team so it may turn out to be a blessing. (pipe dream)

I still like him long-term, but it's a bummer because it means he's not going to be able to step-in and help you out right away like I think he would have been able to otherwise.

At a minimum, he'll be a rookie that misses all of camp, practices, pre-season, etc.

Hate this. Robs us all of seeing exactly what might have been, his combine performance, his optimum draft position, etc.

I think he'll be great still, I just hate that it will take place in a reality where he always could have been even a little bit better.

But like someone else said, maybe a better landing spot will make up for that.

Hate this. Robs us all of seeing exactly what might have been, his combine performance, his optimum draft position, etc.

I think he'll be great still, I just hate that it will take place in a reality where he always could have been even a little bit better.

But like someone else said, maybe a better landing spot will make up for that.
I agree about the combine thing. Not because I want to judge him by his performance but because I'd like to judge others compared to Gurleys performance. Of Gurley ends up as good as people think in the NFL, it will suck not having his measurables as a comparison for others in the future.

Newsflash, guys can sometimes walk around after tearing their ACLs. This has happened how many times??? Dozens and dozens??

Anyway yeah, this is really weird for his draft stock both NFL and fantasy (dynasty, cause in redraft I dont think he will have any value at all unless he MAYBE has a little later in the year, but definitely not draft worthy IMO).

People will want to compare him to Lattimore, but you can't. The injuries just aren't close to the same level of severity, plus Lattimore had multiple injuries.

I am probably just going to value him as a total loss for 2015 and a high potential stud RB 2016 and beyond. I can easily still see taking him at pick 1 even if I knew for a fact he wouldnt play one snap in 2015. I probably wouldnt, but as of right now he should still be top 3.
Edgerrin James comes to mind.

Karma is a b****.

Yes, very selfish
Too little, too late. As a dynasty player, he is still going to be a monster. But as a Georgia Bulldog, he let the program down. I hope he learned some life lessons.
I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson: Don't risk your physical health and future income potential to continue earning millions of dollars for an employer who will never pay you a salary or engage in any form of profit sharing.

Tough break for Gurley. I really hate the NFL's rule that players need to be three years removed from HS to join the NFL. It's borderline criminal for guys like Peterson, Clowney, and Gurley who are ready for the league after 1-2 seasons. Gurley's replacement Nick Chubb is the same type of talent and it seems like such a waste to run him into the ground for three seasons when he could be starting in the NFL right now. In European soccer you occasionally have players who are 15-16 years old playing in the top leagues. If you are ready, you are ready. That's how it should be here too IMO.

My only comfort is seeing how players bounce back from ACLs to play at normal levels (eg, Charles). But it sucks to work hard to have traded for what is likely the 1.01 to have this happen. Going to be hard to hear the hype on everyone for 5 months and stick to Gurley.

My only comfort is seeing how players bounce back from ACLs to play at normal levels (eg, Charles). But it sucks to work hard to have traded for what is likely the 1.01 to have this happen. Going to be hard to hear the hype on everyone for 5 months and stick to Gurley.
Are we sure that he will now come out this upcoming year? Would he go back to Georgia?

I think he should and will still come out, but you never know...

I don't own the 1.01 but have a few picks in the 1st and was planning on doing what I could to trade up to get Gurley. I don't think he goes 1.01 anymore unless he's already making major progress by the NFL Draft. The person spending 1.01 wants a sure thing. A guy who just tore his ACL is far from a sure thing. Gordon, who was probably the 1.02 is probably safer now to the owner of that pick. I'd happily still spend a mid 1st on Gurley, but I'm not sure the 1.01 owners will have the stones to do it.

Karma is a b****.

Yes, very selfish
Too little, too late. As a dynasty player, he is still going to be a monster. But as a Georgia Bulldog, he let the program down. I hope he learned some life lessons.
I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson: Don't risk your physical health and future income potential to continue earning millions of dollars for an employer who will never pay you a salary or engage in any form of profit sharing.
:violin: Ah, the refreshing righteous indignation of an internet message board...it never gets old!

Stow your crocodile tears for Gurley...you are sobbing because you lost value on your fantasy football team! Gurley will be fine. He will make millions of dollars starting immediately. His ACL tear occurred with no contact, which means it would probably have blown at some point even if he was just working out, getting ready for the combine. UGA has paid tens of thousands of dollars in special insurance for him to guarantee that he will get a big payoff no matter what. If he didn't tear the ACL now but it gave out on the workout field in the spring, he would not have that insurance.

The life lessons I hope he learned are that being greedy, taking short cuts, and putting yourself above the team are mistakes. Hopefully he will come out the other side as a better man because of his experiences.

He tore his ACL playing football. I don't get why what he did off the field has anything to do with him tearing his ACL. Did his dog die too? If so, I bet he learned his lesson to always pay his taxes on time.

I don't own the 1.01 but have a few picks in the 1st and was planning on doing what I could to trade up to get Gurley. I don't think he goes 1.01 anymore unless he's already making major progress by the NFL Draft. The person spending 1.01 wants a sure thing. A guy who just tore his ACL is far from a sure thing. Gordon, who was probably the 1.02 is probably safer now to the owner of that pick. I'd happily still spend a mid 1st on Gurley, but I'm not sure the 1.01 owners will have the stones to do it.
There's no sure thing in a rookie draft, but this adds a a twist on Gurley. As of now I have Gurley penciled in, but Gordon could change my mind. For me I didn't earn the 1.01, and my team has the ability to wait on Gurley.

Users who are viewing this thread