What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (3 Viewers)

I buy every share I can get.  He looks nothing like the guy from last year.  

The passing game and OL step up in play has brought him back to the Gurley we drafted.  

Isn't this the Niners D that kept Seattle in check? I dunno gents, the rams are looking legit. IMO you'd be crazy to sell now. 

Isn't this the Niners D that kept Seattle in check? I dunno gents, the rams are looking legit. IMO you'd be crazy to sell now. 
It would take an awful lot for me to sell. This is why I drafted him on my Devy squad as I'm sure other owners did so there's no need to sell in Dynasty. Ride that horse for as little long as you can!

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he definitely picked it up again in the 4th so I'll gladly eat my words a little bit. I'm still nervous about their upcoming schedule. 

I don't think this guy had three TDs all year last year after I took him in the first round. 

He SHOULD have 5 TDs but he got stuffed twice at the 1 yard line. I think we're witnessing some of the downside of Gurley in this 3rd quarter. His YPC average has dropped from around 4 yards to 3 yards in one quarter of play. I dunno maybe he'll pick it up in the 4th again and I'll gladly eat my words but I'm nervous about holding all year. 
Surrender to flow buddy, Gurley is killing it so far.

At the end of the day, points are the only thing that matter and he's putting up a ton through 3 games.

Surrender to flow buddy, Gurley is killing it so far.

At the end of the day, points are the only thing that matter and he's putting up a ton through 3 games.
Lol yeah. I'm pulling myself back from the trading Gurley ledge now. Can't deny the output and really how many true 3 down backs are out there

amnesiac said:
thanks, rest of my league!!

what a fun ride this has been so far.  
Now's the time to throw him out there again to your leaguemates and ask a ridiculously stupid haul in return that nobody would agree to just to rub it in their faces. And hell if someone pulls the trigger then you just got a ridiculously stupid haul in return. Winning all around. 

Not sure I would trade Gurley for Bell right now..... am I too far down the rabbit hole?  :crazy:

maybe, point is Bell has had problems... Gurley has a clean recorded
Not going to disagree with that.  Bell definitely has a bit of a knucklehead factor that needs to be accounted for.  But Bell also has a much better track record of elite production that Gurley does not.  That doesn't mean that can't flip with Gurley being the better option moving forward under Mcvay, but I think there's a strong likelihood the "not a chance I'd move Gurley for Bell" owners would be regretting that missed opportunity down the road if it actually presented itself near term.

not a chance...Bell is 1 more strike from a yr long susp

I don't believe that's correct.
It's correct, but it's also ticking away.  After two years clean he's out of the program entirely.  Worst case, he's clear by next spring.  He might be clear now, depending on how they define "last offense".

edit:  looks like it's "two years of testing clean".  He missed tests in January/February 2016, so presumably once he re-submitted for testing shortly thereafter he's tested clean since. So likely next spring he'll be released from the program if he stays clean.

It's correct, but it's also ticking away.  After two years clean he's out of the program entirely.  Worst case, he's clear by next spring.  He might be clear now, depending on how they define "last offense".
I'm almost entirely certain Bell doesn't miss a full season should he have another incident, as that was widely discussed when his suspension last season was reduced from 4 games to 3.  That said, I'm not sure where to find that exact info, but here's one article that popped up.  

Anyways, this is a Gurley thread so back to Gurley.

I'm almost entirely certain Bell doesn't miss a full season should he have another incident, as that was widely discussed when his suspension last season was reduced from 4 games to 3.  That said, I'm not sure where to find that exact info, but here's one article that popped up.  

Anyways, this is a Gurley thread so back to Gurley.
Good catch, I was focused on how soon he's released from the program altogether.  He is indeed two strikes away from indefinite.

But I would trade Gurley for him straight up. 

I've stumbled on fantasy gold.  When I watch him, I still think he looks kind of average as a runner.  Ohh, but he is awesome as a receiver and they are now taking advantage of it big time. 

That TD was brilliant play design.  That's all McVey right there.
So refreshing to see him being used in space properly. 

And he's so consistently involved in offense I was pretty surprised to see him with 80 rushing and 80 receiving in fourth. Just on pure volume alone he will continue to produce. 

What a difference a year makes.  This is from the ESPN Rams reporter....

ESPN Stats & Info dug up a really crucial stat: Todd Gurley faced six or fewer defenders in the box on 16 of 23 rushing attempts. Defenses are starting to respect Jared Goff.

Things get a lot tougher from here but I sure as hell am not sitting him. Top 3 RB if he can stay healthy 
This is what the "experts" have been yammering about all along but looking at his schedule in today's NFL, who really looks like a world beater defense? I not saying he's never going to have a sub 10 point game but with the way the Rams are playing and his usage, he's matchup proof.

This is what the "experts" have been yammering about all along but looking at his schedule in today's NFL, who really looks like a world beater defense? I not saying he's never going to have a sub 10 point game but with the way the Rams are playing and his usage, he's matchup proof.
This is a very good point. A lot of the "his schedule gets way tougher" argument seems to be based on pre-2017 reputation instead of current performance of some of the defenses on his upcoming schedule. Seattle and Jax have been run on. Houston and Minnesota will be a challenge though.  

I couldn't understand for the life of me taking him off the field last year for Benny Cunningham....Gurley is such a good wr and guy you want to get into space but they rarely did so and it was infuriating....they are finally using him as they should have.  One of the few 3 down backs in the game and is now on a team that can actually move the ball and have a passing game.  Perfect storm

I'm still a little nervous about the timing of his schedule though. Weeks 10/11 he has Houston then Minnesota which is a rough stretch. Then he is AT Seattle in the FF semi-finals. Even if Seattle's been run on so far, they usually get their act together by the end of the season especially at home. 

Gurley always had the talent.  We just didn't know if Goff would be able to take the next step forward.

Goff answered that question.  YES.  The only issue is Gurley is on pace for 400+ touches, and that's a lot.

But even with the tougher schedule coming up, Gurley is back to being a top 5 RB and is easily in the elite tier with DJ (when healthy), Bell and Zeke.

This is a very good point. A lot of the "his schedule gets way tougher" argument seems to be based on pre-2017 reputation instead of current performance of some of the defenses on his upcoming schedule. Seattle and Jax have been run on. Houston and Minnesota will be a challenge though.  
Abdullah nearly had a 100 and a score against MIN.  MIN D is good but their strength is more defending the pass.  I wouldn't worry about that matchup for Gurley.

I would rank HOU similar to MIN.....not easy matchups but not ones that are brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread