Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

On 7/9/2017 at 0:08 PM, Just Win Baby said:
On 5/26/2017 at 8:34 AM, Hankmoody said:

I was offered Melvin Gordon and 1.14 in a 16 man and declined

Wow. As a Gurley owner, I'd take that deal without hesitation.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:55 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Funny what a difference a year makes...end of 2015 no way u even consider gordon for gurley

On 7/10/2017 at 10:51 AM, Hankmoody said:

And that is basically why I didn't take it.  I'm willing to go down with the ship if necessary, but making this trade based on one year would kill me if things turned back around.  I would much rather be wrong about something that be right but bail on it for mainstream thought process and get burned. 

I just gotta see what McVay can do here.  If he can just get Goff to play at a Flacco level that will be prevent the sellout defenses currently do to stack the run game up.  It was pretty absurd how badly teams just didn't fear that passing game and just pressed the inside running game.

This is exactly what I was hoping for.  I bought into what McVey brought, the success he had with WAS/Cousins was a big time preview, and it's like night and day.  It's obviously a work in progress, the talent level still needs work on the OLine and the new WR need more time to work with Goff, but the scheme is finding ways to loosen it up for Gurley and get him some extra room.  The passing game is taking a ton of pressure off the running game and his design and play calling aren't forcing things, they just take what the D gives.  It's really pretty masterful given what he's got to work with.

I held my nose and drafted him after making him my first rounder last year. Got him later. I can't believe this. I swear I almost cut him right before he scored his first Td last week. 

Just got offered McCoy for him...

Prior to the season, I was offered Gurley and 2.7 for TY Hilton and I accepted. Tried to sell him, but couldn't find the right deal. I like the usage, but I still don't see a great runner. I'd still sell for the right price.

6 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Great game and I own the guy and I'm happy so far...but his schedule gets rough after next week. 

With a decent passing attack he's going to have a lot of goal line work no matter who the opponent is. Who would you rather have at RB right now? Bell, maybe?

12 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Great game and I own the guy and I'm happy so far...but his schedule gets rough after next week. 

Yup. Time to sell high. One of the easiest run schedules in the league so far and with such a soft schedule, the Rams have been in position for him to touch the ball a lot. It's going to get much harder going forward.

1 minute ago, Apple Juice said:

With a decent passing attack he's going to have a lot of goal line work no matter who the opponent is. Who would you rather have at RB right now? Bell, maybe?

Bell obviously (I tried to sell Gurley plus Hogan to the Bell owner this week and got rejected....I lowballed). I'd also take non-suspension Zeek, Gordon, and Hunt over him. Freeman perhaps too. I just don't trust Goff and this offense is still getting its feet wet and they are about to face a lot tougher defenses. 

1 minute ago, timbrah_ho said:

I feel bad for those that sold low too. I'm selling high next week. Although might wait until after Dallas, I think he's got one more plus game in him. 

Selling high for what? 

4 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Selling high for what? 

Good question. I'm hoping one of the RB I mentioned a few posts ago underperforms. Wrapping Gurley + a WR for Bell would be cool 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Good question. I'm hoping one of the RB I mentioned a few posts ago underperforms. Wrapping Gurley + a WR for Bell would be cool 

I'd hoped to trade for the same, but last years ghost still haunts.  Might just have to ride this out with a chaser of D Henry. 

Edited by Corn Rocket

He SHOULD have 5 TDs but he got stuffed twice at the 1 yard line. I think we're witnessing some of the downside of Gurley in this 3rd quarter. His YPC average has dropped from around 4 yards to 3 yards in one quarter of play. I dunno maybe he'll pick it up in the 4th again and I'll gladly eat my words but I'm nervous about holding all year. 

4 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

He SHOULD have 5 TDs but he got stuffed twice at the 1 yard line. I think we're witnessing some of the downside of Gurley in this 3rd quarter. His YPC average has dropped from around 4 yards to 3 yards in one quarter of play. I dunno maybe he'll pick it up in the 4th again and I'll gladly eat my words but I'm nervous about holding all year. 

The OL is known to be a work in progress.  Rams starting center is out.  SFO has 3 first round picks on their DL.  SFO was selling out with 9 in the box and when they went away from the run it was pitch and catch easy TD.  With as sloppy as most Thursday games have been, and how much defenses have had an advantage so far this year. this is hardly a disaster.

I buy every share I can get.  He looks nothing like the guy from last year.  

The passing game and OL step up in play has brought him back to the Gurley we drafted.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ahartig said:

Isn't this the Niners D that kept Seattle in check? I dunno gents, the rams are looking legit. IMO you'd be crazy to sell now. 

It would take an awful lot for me to sell. This is why I drafted him on my Devy squad as I'm sure other owners did so there's no need to sell in Dynasty. Ride that horse for as little long as you can!

Tex

Edited by BigTex

33 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Why risk it? Gurley catches passes now. Will remain the guy on offense who gets the most TDs. A lot of mouths on the Steelers. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Yeah he definitely picked it up again in the 4th so I'll gladly eat my words a little bit. I'm still nervous about their upcoming schedule. 

No '85 Bears on their schedule. Don't be too nervous. 

11 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Why risk it? Gurley catches passes now. Will remain the guy on offense who gets the most TDs. A lot of mouths on the Steelers. 

Agree, if it ain't broke.....

10 minutes ago, davearm said:

I don't think this guy had three TDs all year last year after I took him in the first round. 

He had 6........

Tex

9 hours ago, timbrah_ho said:

Surrender to flow buddy, Gurley is killing it so far.

At the end of the day, points are the only thing that matter and he's putting up a ton through 3 games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

Surrender to flow buddy, Gurley is killing it so far.

At the end of the day, points are the only thing that matter and he's putting up a ton through 3 games.

Lol yeah. I'm pulling myself back from the trading Gurley ledge now. Can't deny the output and really how many true 3 down backs are out there

6 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Lol yeah. I'm pulling myself back from the trading Gurley ledge now. Can't deny the output and really how many true 3 down backs are out there

I agree with Skoo. You should not bag him nor tag him nor sell him to the butcher in the store. 

• Like 4

On 9/14/2017 at 10:39 PM, amnesiac said:

tried trading him for any top 10 WR in my league this week. 

no takers. 

even with a top 20 WR throw in. 

thanks, rest of my league!!

what a fun ride this has been so far.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

thanks, rest of my league!!

what a fun ride this has been so far.  

Now's the time to throw him out there again to your leaguemates and ask a ridiculously stupid haul in return that nobody would agree to just to rub it in their faces. And hell if someone pulls the trigger then you just got a ridiculously stupid haul in return. Winning all around. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KellysHeroes said:

maybe, point is Bell has had problems... Gurley has a clean recorded

Not going to disagree with that.  Bell definitely has a bit of a knucklehead factor that needs to be accounted for.  But Bell also has a much better track record of elite production that Gurley does not.  That doesn't mean that can't flip with Gurley being the better option moving forward under Mcvay, but I think there's a strong likelihood the "not a chance I'd move Gurley for Bell" owners would be regretting that missed opportunity down the road if it actually presented itself near term.

3 hours ago, KellysHeroes said:

not a chance...Bell is 1 more strike from a yr long susp

3 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

I don't believe that's correct.

It's correct, but it's also ticking away.  After two years clean he's out of the program entirely.  Worst case, he's clear by next spring.  He might be clear now, depending on how they define "last offense".

edit:  looks like it's "two years of testing clean".  He missed tests in January/February 2016, so presumably once he re-submitted for testing shortly thereafter he's tested clean since. So likely next spring he'll be released from the program if he stays clean.

Edited by Hankmoody

10 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

It's correct, but it's also ticking away.  After two years clean he's out of the program entirely.  Worst case, he's clear by next spring.  He might be clear now, depending on how they define "last offense".

I'm almost entirely certain Bell doesn't miss a full season should he have another incident, as that was widely discussed when his suspension last season was reduced from 4 games to 3.  That said, I'm not sure where to find that exact info, but here's one article that popped up.  

Anyways, this is a Gurley thread so back to Gurley.