Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

Recommended Posts

Just now, SayWhat? said:

I'm almost entirely certain Bell doesn't miss a full season should he have another incident, as that was widely discussed when his suspension last season was reduced from 4 games to 3.  That said, I'm not sure where to find that exact info, but here's one article that popped up.  

Anyways, this is a Gurley thread so back to Gurley.

Good catch, I was focused on how soon he's released from the program altogether.  He is indeed two strikes away from indefinite.

But I would trade Gurley for him straight up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stumbled on fantasy gold.  When I watch him, I still think he looks kind of average as a runner.  Ohh, but he is awesome as a receiver and they are now taking advantage of it big time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

That TD was brilliant play design.  That's all McVey right there.

So refreshing to see him being used in space properly. 

And he's so consistently involved in offense I was pretty surprised to see him with 80 rushing and 80 receiving in fourth. Just on pure volume alone he will continue to produce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a difference a year makes.  This is from the ESPN Rams reporter....

 

ESPN Stats & Info dug up a really crucial stat: Todd Gurley faced six or fewer defenders in the box on 16 of 23 rushing attempts. Defenses are starting to respect Jared Goff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Things get a lot tougher from here but I sure as hell am not sitting him. Top 3 RB if he can stay healthy 

This doesn't matter when he's getting all of the passing down work. His floor is insanely high (ceiling too obv)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, timbrah_ho said:

Things get a lot tougher from here but I sure as hell am not sitting him. Top 3 RB if he can stay healthy 

This is what the "experts" have been yammering about all along but looking at his schedule in today's NFL, who really looks like a world beater defense? I not saying he's never going to have a sub 10 point game but with the way the Rams are playing and his usage, he's matchup proof.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

This is what the "experts" have been yammering about all along but looking at his schedule in today's NFL, who really looks like a world beater defense? I not saying he's never going to have a sub 10 point game but with the way the Rams are playing and his usage, he's matchup proof.

This is a very good point. A lot of the "his schedule gets way tougher" argument seems to be based on pre-2017 reputation instead of current performance of some of the defenses on his upcoming schedule. Seattle and Jax have been run on. Houston and Minnesota will be a challenge though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't understand for the life of me taking him off the field last year for Benny Cunningham....Gurley is such a good wr and guy you want to get into space but they rarely did so and it was infuriating....they are finally using him as they should have.  One of the few 3 down backs in the game and is now on a team that can actually move the ball and have a passing game.  Perfect storm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still a little nervous about the timing of his schedule though. Weeks 10/11 he has Houston then Minnesota which is a rough stretch. Then he is AT Seattle in the FF semi-finals. Even if Seattle's been run on so far, they usually get their act together by the end of the season especially at home. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley always had the talent.  We just didn't know if Goff would be able to take the next step forward.

Goff answered that question.  YES.  The only issue is Gurley is on pace for 400+ touches, and that's a lot.

But even with the tougher schedule coming up, Gurley is back to being a top 5 RB and is easily in the elite tier with DJ (when healthy), Bell and Zeke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timbrah_ho said:

This is a very good point. A lot of the "his schedule gets way tougher" argument seems to be based on pre-2017 reputation instead of current performance of some of the defenses on his upcoming schedule. Seattle and Jax have been run on. Houston and Minnesota will be a challenge though.  

Abdullah nearly had a 100 and a score against MIN.  MIN D is good but their strength is more defending the pass.  I wouldn't worry about that matchup for Gurley.

I would rank HOU similar to MIN.....not easy matchups but not ones that are brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2017 at 2:00 PM, UncleZen said:

Watching Gurley this year makes me want to look up Fisher and punch him in the face.

:thumbup:  Oh, Fo Sho, Fisher and his cronies had no offensive imagination on how best utilize Gurley's RB talents.  Hell, they had no resources for Goff to start building his foundation skills. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sarlakticacid said:

anyone backing him up with Malcolm Brown for just in case

You think he is the true handcuff? From what I have seen if Gurley goes down I think it would be a committee with Tavon taking the passing down 3rd down work and possibly malcolm for first and second.....otherwise a hot mess like AZ backfield once DJ went down. 

Edited by ahartig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ahartig said:

You think he is the true handcuff? From what I have seen if Gurley goes down I think it would be a committee with Tavon taking the passing down 3rd down work and possibly malcolm for first and second.....otherwise a hot mess like AZ backfield once DJ went down. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761244-gurley-owners-how-important-is-malcom-brown/

Just came in to pose the same question.  Thinking they've got a poor man's Gurley clone to drop right in.  If TG went down, Tavon would keep being Tavon and Malcom Brown would slide in and offer pretty close to what Gurley can do for the O.  The ff results may not be as nice, but pretty close and offers the same versatility.  Brown is pretty underrated.  He'd be starting for a lot of teams and one of the better drop-in handcuffs out there in this situation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have to trade this guy after all. Injuries have hurt the end of my starting lineup. Will look for a combination of a couple starters for Gurley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any homers know why they have stopped using him the way they were early on?  Targets are gone and he comes out on third down now, the last 2 plus today. Very odd considering the success he was having. 

Edited by RBM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Any homers know why they have stopped using him the way they were early on?  Targets are gone and he comes out on third down now, the last 2 plus today. Very odd considering the success he was having. 

He comes out sometimes on third. But honestly his prior snap count was unsustainable. The was a have Brown was hurt when he never came off field. 

Meanwhile the headline was that TD run. Jump cut in backfield, stiff arm turning the corner, then fires up the jets to end zone.

Not sure what equivalent of five tool playern is in running backs but he's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Any homers know why they have stopped using him the way they were early on?  Targets are gone and he comes out on third down now, the last 2 plus today. Very odd considering the success he was having. 

6 targets in the first half today. Call off the dogs for now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 7:55 AM, flapgreen said:

I may have to trade this guy after all. Injuries have hurt the end of my starting lineup. Will look for a combination of a couple starters for Gurley. 

No luck. Probably for the best. People are still stuck on his value last year and where he was taken this year.  Ride him to the championship. Sure would've been nice if I could've had David Johnson in there with him. :kicksrock:

Edited by flapgreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

No luck. Probably for the best. People are still stuck on his value last year and where he was taken this year.  Ride him to the championship. Sure would've been nice if I could've had David Johnson in there with him. :kicksrock:

Oh man. I’m in the same boat with DJ. Having both of them would have been ridiculous. 

That TD run was spectacular and he looked really good today. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ahartig said:

Oh man. I’m in the same boat with DJ. Having both of them would have been ridiculous. 

That TD run was spectacular and he looked really good today. 

Maybe just as good as that TD was solid run blocking and his inside running. In second half when they knew what was coming he was ripping ahead and knifing for 6-8 yard gains like it was nothing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tombonneau said:

Maybe just as good as that TD was solid run blocking and his inside running. In second half when they knew what was coming he was ripping ahead and knifing for 6-8 yard gains like it was nothing. 

This. 

Last year he would have been running into walls. Consistent yardage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm considering a trade for Todd Gurley,  but couldn't help but notice that brutal playoff schedule.   Any cause for concern?

Wk 13:  #5 - Philadelphia

Wk 14:  #8 - @Seattle 

Wk 15:  #18 - @Tennessee

Is he to the point of matchup proof yet?  Last time he played the Seahawks, he only produced 50 yards of offense  (TD reversed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, One said:

I'm considering a trade for Todd Gurley,  but couldn't help but notice that brutal playoff schedule.   Any cause for concern?

Wk 13:  #5 - Philadelphia

Wk 14:  #8 - @Seattle 

Wk 15:  #18 - @Tennessee

Is he to the point of matchup proof yet?  Last time he played the Seahawks, he only produced 50 yards of offense  (TD reversed).

Absolutely not! You definitely don’t sit studs during the playoffs. Through my own experience most of them perform at a high level during that time of year. During the playoffs I start my studs regardless of the opponent.

Tex

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 9:25 AM, One said:

I'm considering a trade for Todd Gurley,  but couldn't help but notice that brutal playoff schedule.   Any cause for concern?

Wk 13:  #5 - Philadelphia

Wk 14:  #8 - @Seattle 

Wk 15:  #18 - @Tennessee

Is he to the point of matchup proof yet?  Last time he played the Seahawks, he only produced 50 yards of offense  (TD reversed).

Not a problem if they keep him involved in the passing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Shoestring tackle cost him a third TD

Man that was close, of course guy I'm playing started Woods. :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

So Dunbar the clear backup? Anyone grabbing him or not worth it?

 

Amazing the difference a year makes with TG and this offense.

In redraft sure. 

I'm dynasty, I'm struggling dropping Brown, who isn't 100% done for the year and might have 2018 value on another team.

Trying to make room for Dunbar but he could only be a 3-4 game insurance policy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

In redraft sure. 

I'm dynasty, I'm struggling dropping Brown, who isn't 100% done for the year and might have 2018 value on another team.

Trying to make room for Dunbar but he could only be a 3-4 game insurance policy. 

I’m redraft, assume there would still be good value unless RBBC but Dunbar I believe got all the extra carries last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GoBirds said:

I’m redraft, assume there would still be good value unless RBBC but Dunbar I believe got all the extra carries last week. 

The problem is they have yet to IR Brown. If he does go to IR then I think Dunbar basically is the new handcuff. But until/if they make permanent decision on Brown's 2018 Dunbar is a wild card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.