Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

Actually, I do understand. The coach found out I own him and wants to torch my season like all of my other players. 

45 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Really not sure what's happening here. At least he's getting some receptions. 

I’m a Gurley owner too and would love more action but the plan makes total sense.  The strength of the New Orleans D right now is it’s D line.  Why fight against that and you can take it advantage of the corners.  

29 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I’m a Gurley owner too and would love more action but the plan makes total sense.  The strength of the New Orleans D right now is it’s D line.  Why fight against that and you can take it advantage of the corners.  

How about now? Still passing up 10

2 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

How about now? Still passing up 10

Keep doing what’s working.  Last thing we need to do is turtle up and run a few 3 & outs.  Get first downs and keep the Hall of Famer off the field.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Keep doing what’s working.  Last thing we need to do is turtle up and run a few 3 & outs.  Get first downs and keep the Hall of Famer off the field.  

I'm not saying run a few 3 & outs. I'm saying balance it out and eat up the clock. :shrug:

But they just beat a good Saints team so it's working now. Will need to run more toward end of season and playoffs. 

2 hours ago, flapgreen said:

But they just beat a good Saints team so it's working now. Will need to run more toward end of season and playoffs. 

I agree with that for sure.  Just in this game it was a bad matchup, but you are absolutely right, the run game is and will be crucial to the wins going forward.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Faust said:

:thumbup: Music to my ears... Despite being green / rookie in being head coach, I applauded him for recognize the need for his best playmaker more touches especially when need to sustain the lead and time possession.

Credit McVay for openly admitting he's been getting away from Gurley too often, even if the game script and opposing defenses offer viable excuses. Self-scouting is among the most difficult and yet vital parts of NFL coaching. The best teams work on understanding their own tendencies as much as an opponent's trends.

Edited by Aznflyer14

3 minutes ago, Aznflyer14 said:

:thumbup: Music to my ears... Despite being green / rookie in being head coach, I applauded him for recognize the need for his best playmaker more touches especially when need to sustain the lead and time possession.

Sure.  In private.  I don't know why he has to say anything publicly.  It's like talking while playing poker - it rarely is a good idea.

5 hours ago, Aznflyer14 said:

You left out the most important part though.

"Going back to the New Orleans game and the last couple weeks, you can definitely look at that," McVay said. "I look at myself and say, you've got to make sure you're cognizant of giving the runs a chance and trying to stay balanced. That's something I haven't done. You can't keep standing up here and saying the same things. You've just got to get it fixed.

The real question is do we have another Andy Reid here?  Saying it continuously means squat.  Getting it done is what we care about. 

Edited by Hankmoody

4 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

You left out the most important part though.

"Going back to the New Orleans game and the last couple weeks, you can definitely look at that," McVay said. "I look at myself and say, you've got to make sure you're cognizant of giving the runs a chance and trying to stay balanced. That's something I haven't done. You can't keep standing up here and saying the same things. You've just got to get it fixed.

The real question is do we have another Andy Reid here?  Saying it continuously means squat.  Getting it done is what we care about. 

His offense did this in Washington too, though most of the blame fell on Gruden.  Definitely put McVay in Reid's group of coaches who get too enamored with their clever passing schemes and don't want to "settle" for 4.5 yards and a cloud of dust.

Too little too late for me. If I was still in it, he would've scored 5 points anyway, so you're all welcome. 

16 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Too little too late for me. If I was still in it, he would've scored 5 points anyway, so you're all welcome. 

Same here,lost by a couple last week after losing Wentz in the 3rd quarter. What could have been. :wall:

24 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

I would have probably won on the back of his performance if AB hadn't been hurt.  :violin:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Single handedly saved my ### and probably just won me a Super Bowl. 

I think a lot of us are saying that this week.  Thought I was done for sure after facing Hunt yesterday.  

6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I think a lot of us are saying that this week.  Thought I was done for sure after facing Hunt yesterday.  

Yup. Kamara Ingram for me. He's given me 30+ point lead with Dak to go vs his Ryan. I needed monster game to feel comfortable and he delivered. 

Could have done without Woods 1 yd TD. ?

3 hours ago, tombonneau said:

Yup. Kamara Ingram for me. He's given me 30+ point lead with Dak to go vs his Ryan. I needed monster game to feel comfortable and he delivered. 

Could have done without Woods 1 yd TD. ?

Same here, I had a 30 point lead player against Dak as my opponents last player. I have Julio playing tomorrow I’m still up by 12 at the moment.

Tex

4 hours ago, Ned Ryerson said:

Is it possible watching this year to become even angrier at Jeff Fisher for those of us who were Gurley owners last year??  

is it possible to watch this past game and be any happier that you traded Bell for Gurley? ;)

(not that Bell's a slouch. Just that Gurley's 2 years younger and that offense is looking so good this year)

So freaking typical. I get screwed out of the playoffs per usual while having the top RB and qb on the season. Gurley proceeds to win every other fantasy owner in existence who owned him a championship. I could have the top 10 scoring players on the season and still not win. Same ####. Different year for me. 

2 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

So freaking typical. I get screwed out of the playoffs per usual while having the top RB and qb on the season. Gurley proceeds to win every other fantasy owner in existence who owned him a championship. I could have the top 10 scoring players on the season and still not win. Same ####. Different year for me. 

It’s a team effort. Not just top RB and QB. 

6 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

It’s a team effort. Not just top RB and QB. 

Thanks, Einstein. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

:violin:

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

Same here, Gurley and Wentz. Dion Lewis for good measure. 

2 hours ago, flapgreen said:

:ptts:

• Like 1

This guy is ridiculous. I was heavily favored in my championship game other than facing Gurley.

That’s all it took. I’ve still got my quarterback, I’m running back, and a kicker left, but I have no chance to win thanks to this guy 

Just way too much Todd Gurley. :doh: