What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (7 Viewers)

I guess that settles that. No cuff for Gurley.

Was considering dropping Mack who has lousy matchups the next couple weeks.

Yikes! Bad half. 11 yards rushing. I know the Bears D was good but come on Rams. 

I need Gurley and Trubisky to get 15 points in the 2nd half!

Gurley helped win a lot of fantasy football champions last year with his performance week 14-16.  Probably going to cost a lot of them without a much better second half.

man he looked gimpy falling in to the endzone for the 2nd td. saints, rams and bears all play in late window next week. scenario exists that the rams lock in to the 2 seed during the game. right now that is a secondary concern though... hope this knee issue doesnt limit him too much in week 16

man he looked gimpy falling in to the endzone for the 2nd td. saints, rams and bears all play in late window next week. scenario exists that the rams lock in to the 2 seed during the game. right now that is a secondary concern though... hope this knee issue doesnt limit him too much in week 16
Get his handcuff to play it safe, if you haven’t already. 

Get his handcuff to play it safe, if you haven’t already. 
I have Brown in dynasty but someone else already has Kelly. So that kind of sucks. Imagine a lot of dynasty owners are in same boat in that they already own Brown. Didn't watch game, but sounds like he came back in. I know it's just Cards next week, but they are now in do or die for a bye so hopefully he goes!

I think he'll be fine but I also think this knock, along with a likely rout, will limit his touches. Possible he gets enough points for you in 2-3 quarters but boy oh boy, this sucks. 

McVey said some inflammation in his knee.  I suspect he'll give it a go in a game where they're still in it for the 1 seed and trying to hold Chicago off for a bye.  Also they need to get the offense right.

So is John Kelly Gurley's 'cuff or what? 

M. Brown now out, but Kelly has been inactive every week. Also, there's some other RB who has been active but plays special teams. 

Have a bye but wouldn't mind having some Gurley insurance, but not sure he's worth cuffing if Kelly isn't even the lock to get touches in case Gurley is out.

Anyone else bothering??
John Kelly came in briefly after Gurley hurt his ankle. He had two unimpressive runs and then Gurley came back in.

John Kelly played on 7 offensive snaps 2 rushing attempts 4 yards

Justin Davis played on 4 offensive snaps 1 rushing attempt 0 yards

Neither RB was targeted in the passing game.

Davis did have a 19 yard run in the previous game against Chicago. I don't know much about him.

McVey said some inflammation in his knee.  I suspect he'll give it a go in a game where they're still in it for the 1 seed and trying to hold Chicago off for a bye.  Also they need to get the offense right.
they could beat Arizona with me at RB, Im 6'3" 280 and slow as hell

Rotoworld:

Todd Gurley (knee) didn't practice Wednesday.

Coach Sean McVay said he expects Gurley to play this week despite the missed practice. The Rams don't have much to gain by pushing Gurley in a game they can win without him, so his Week 16 status is far from a lock.

Dec 19 - 5:56 PM

Todd Gurley (knee) remained sidelined on Thursday.

Coach Sean McVay has said he expects Gurley to suit up against the Cardinals, but there will be real intrigue about his status if he remains sidelined on Friday. Some combination of Justin Davis, John Kelly and C.J. Anderson would carry the load were Gurley to sit. Davis is battling a shoulder injury of his own.

Source: Gary Klein on Twitter 

Dec 20 - 5:49 PM

Speaking Thursday, Todd Gurley (knee) said he has yet to run this week but is still optimistic he will be ready for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

"I think I’ll be fine, man," Gurley said. "Just taking it day by day recovering, resting, trying to feel better." Gurley did admit that if the game was Thursday he was unsure if he would be able to play. It ultimately sounds like Gurley will probably suit up but may not handle his usual amount of touches. If that's the case, he will be a mid-range RB1 with some risk for the fantasy finals. There is still a real chance Gurley does not play.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com 

Dec 20 - 9:40 PM

im surprised this thread isnt filled with worried gurley owners.... despite what the coach said wednesday, everything is trending towards him sitting out the game.

im surprised this thread isnt filled with worried gurley owners.... despite what the coach said wednesday, everything is trending towards him sitting out the game.
If it’s inflammation he’s battling then it makes all the sense in the world for him to sit out practice all week so it cools down as much as possible. I don’t think that’s a negative trend moreso than what should have been expected all along after the diagnosis came out. It’s not like he’s coming back from a sprain or a soft tissue injury.

I'd bet if he plays, he gets a limited work load.....the cards are one of the worst teams in the NFL and the Rams are cruising into the playoffs.....you make sure you win, but you don't risk losing your best player.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd bet if he plays, he gets a limited work load.....the cards are one of the worst teams in the NFL and the Rams are cruising into the playoffs.....you make sure you win, but you don't risk losing your best player.
Considering they have lost their last two in ugly fashion, I would not say the Rams are cruising into the playoffs. 

They need to win these last two to not lose the bye (if they lose one and the Bears win out, the Rams are the 3 seed).  But you cannot risk the health of your best player, which Gurley still is.  The Rams should be smart and shut him down this week to get him healthy.  If they can't beat the Cardinals without Gurley, they are probably done anyway. 

I'm plenty worried but have not found that posting in the Todd Gurley thread helps that any.

I'll just add I don't share the positivity as some do that he is going to play in at least a limited fashion. Right now I"m more inclined to think he will be out.

As a Gurley owner in the championship; as much as I want him to help me win this week, I'd almost rather they just sit him if he's not close to a full go. I don't want to get stuck starting him only to see him get minimal touches/ possibly not even play for 2-3 quarters. 

Now, if he's healthy enough to start AND get even close to a full workload, he will 100 be in my lineup. 

As a life long Rams fan and Championship game Gurley owner I’m conflicted here.  But based off everything I’ve read and seen I say he goes.  The best indication of this is the fact he came back in and played a fair amount in the last game.  Every quote coming out of the team I’ve read gives me the impression the team understands the need to win big this week and get their mo-jo back, even Gurleys full quote.  If they rest him it’s week 17 which likely (assuming a win this week and they hold the bye) gives him 2 full weeks of rest. 

Considering they have lost their last two in ugly fashion, I would not say the Rams are cruising into the playoffs. 

They need to win these last two to not lose the bye (if they lose one and the Bears win out, the Rams are the 3 seed).  But you cannot risk the health of your best player, which Gurley still is.  The Rams should be smart and shut him down this week to get him healthy.  If they can't beat the Cardinals without Gurley, they are probably done anyway. 
Yea, I get that they've lost momentum, and that's kind of what I was getting at....they've been cruising (not necessarily a good thing) because they've been so dominant up till now....I'd bet with a bye on the line they are a bit more motivated these last two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a life long Rams fan and Championship game Gurley owner I’m conflicted here.  But based off everything I’ve read and seen I say he goes.  The best indication of this is the fact he came back in and played a fair amount in the last game.  Every quote coming out of the team I’ve read gives me the impression the team understands the need to win big this week and get their mo-jo back, even Gurleys full quote.  If they rest him it’s week 17 which likely (assuming a win this week and they hold the bye) gives him 2 full weeks of rest. 
I could see that scenario....Cards on the road then 9ers at home....in reality, they should be able to win both easily without Gurley....but if they struggle on offense....

Goff needs some confidence back. He needs Gurley to do that. That's how the Rams get back on track. Gurley is a full-go here. No half measures. 

Todd Gurley (knee) remained sidelined on Friday.

Gurley said Thursday that he didn't plan on practicing this week, and that's been true thus far. Even coach Sean McVay has been confident about Gurley's availability against the Cardinals, noting he "expects" the All-Pro back to be ready. It still ultimately sounds like he won't be able to handle his usual amount of touches, as McVay additionally said backup C.J. Anderson could potentially play a role "as early as this week." There's enough speculation to warrant Gurley a low-end RB1 with risk involved on fantasy championship weekend.

Source: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 2:19 PM

Yeah I’m in a dynasty league and prob gonna lose to a guy that picked up Damien Williams and Ballage.

Week one I had was starting the likes of Conner, Gurley,  and Allen.
I have been playing dynasty since 2003 and this was worse year ever, although I am in two championship games this week.

I various leagues I own Bell who didn't make it back, Cook who did but was banged up until the playoffs were over, Hunt, Gordon, Conner who weren't there when I really needed them, plus Miller and Allen both knocking me out last week due to their unfortunate injures.

Officially nervous.  Still believe he plays but the late game thing puts me in a bad spot.  Had to move Chris Thompson into Gurley's spot and Gurley into my flex (have no RB's on my bench that play late).  This basically commits me to playing Thompson unless we get word way ahead and that's looking unlikely as McVay just said they are going to use pre-game warmups as the determining factor in him playing or not.   ####. 

I don't like this at all. I'm in a good position that I can swap in DJ or D. Williams. If he's active though, you've got to play him, no?

Users who are viewing this thread