Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, oddsbodkins said:

I don't like this at all. I'm in a good position that I can swap in DJ or D. Williams. If he's active though, you've got to play him, no?

I think you have to start him if he is active. I can go with Carson at 8 on Sunday if Gurley isn't active, I just hope I'm not drinking too much at 330 so I don't miss the actives/inactives 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More people talking about their fantasy team then Gurley.

What does Ingram have to do with this thread?

Any new info on Gurley? I am also a nervous owner.
I see this thread get bumped and its no new info on Gurley, just another panicked owner crying about their options.
There are 15 other threads for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not liking this situation

 

Quote

Todd Gurley (knee) to be a game-time decision

Rams coach Sean McVay said Todd Gurley (questionable, knee) will be a game-time decision for Week 16 against the Cardinals.

Gurley didn't practice all week while battling knee inflammation. He'll go through pre-game warmups to determine his status for Sunday's game in Arizona. With Justin Davis' status also in question, newcomer C.J. Anderson could see a major workload in his Rams debut. Gurley's absence would obviously be a gigantic blow for owners competing in the fantasy championship this week.

Source: Rich Hammond on Twitter

Dec 21 - 3:37 PM

 

Quote

Anderson expected to start if Gurley sits

ESPN's Lindsey Thiry reports C.J. Anderson will start if Todd Gurley (knee) doesn't play this week.

This confirms earlier reports that Anderson is ahead of John Kelly. Anderson just signed this week, but he'll be on the streaming radar as the touch-favorite in the Rams offense. Justin Davis (questionable, shoulder) isn't expected to play Sunday.

Source: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter

Dec 21 - 4:25 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Yep.  I will play Ingram if he is inactive.

Same. With the twist that my other RB will be Kamara. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Waingro said:

I am not liking this situation

 

 

 

I dunno maybe I’m just an optimist but I like their approach. Rest it all week then warm up to play and if it’s good then play on it. If it’s bad then don’t. Makes me feel better that he can see enough Pt to make an impact. They won’t green light him to go if it’s not very close to 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

More people talking about their fantasy team then Gurley.

What does Ingram have to do with this thread?

Any new info on Gurley? I am also a nervous owner.
I see this thread get bumped and its no new info on Gurley, just another panicked owner crying about their options.
There are 15 other threads for that.

If you are looking for the latest info on any player take a look at Rotoworld http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?ls=roto:nfl:gnav where Faust and others get a lot of what they post here. 

If you are on Twitter,  Adam Schefter https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter and Ian Rapoport https://twitter.com/RapSheet are worth following as they will have breaking news and the status of the best known players.

Edited by squistion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

More people talking about their fantasy team then Gurley.

What does Ingram have to do with this thread?

Any new info on Gurley? I am also a nervous owner.
I see this thread get bumped and its no new info on Gurley, just another panicked owner crying about their options.
There are 15 other threads for that.

There's no new news. Ease up, hall monitor. Move along 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

More people talking about their fantasy team then Gurley.

What does Ingram have to do with this thread?

Any new info on Gurley? I am also a nervous owner.
I see this thread get bumped and its no new info on Gurley, just another panicked owner crying about their options.
There are 15 other threads for that.

The Mark Ingram discussion along with any other backup plans are very revelant to this thread. Espicially considering Cardinals vs Rams kickoff at 1pm (westcoast is bestcoast) so options will be limited for most owners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then if there isnt any news on Todd Gurley, you shouldnt be posting in this thread about things other than news on Todd Gurley, hence the rules of the board.

How does Mark Ingram matter to a Todd Gurley thread? I have no purpose for Ingram as a Gurley owner coming to this thread as many wont. So this isnt a thread about most owners and their lineup decision, it is a thread about Todd Gurley. Your lineup decision do not matter to anyone.

There is no replacement for Gurley and you wont find one, the guy you put in wont be Gurley.

The rules state clearly lineup decisions about your team are not to be discussed here. They have a spot for that on this forum.

Edited by tackle for loss
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Then if there isnt any news on Todd Gurley, you shouldnt be posting in this thread about things other than news on Todd Gurley, hence the rules of the board.

How does Mark Ingram matter to a Todd Gurley thread? I have no purpose for Ingram as a Gurley owner coming to this thread as many wont. So this isnt a thread about most owners and their lineup decision, it is a thread about Todd Gurley. Your lineup decision do not matter to anyone.

There is no replacement for Gurley and you wont find one, the guy you put in wont be Gurley.

The rules state clearly lineup decisions about your team are not to be discussed here. They have a spot for that on this forum.

It shows other Gurley owners what other tier guys people are looking at and what strategies they have as contingency plans since its a 1:05 start time. If he played first game on Saturday or Monday night these said plans would be completely different. 

What exatly have your 2 last posts in this thread brought to the table for Gurley owners? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

There is no replacement for Gurley and you wont find one, the guy you put in wont be Gurley.

Alright first thing first I can't get over this part of your post. No matter how many times I read this I have no idea what you are trying to say. I guess you are refering to my mention of a "back up plan." You are correct that if Gurley is inactive then of course the person you put in instead "wont be Gurley." But this is the fantasy championship for most owners so I do hope they can find a player to put into that RB slot and "replace" Gurley instead of leaving it blank.

 

43 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

The rules state clearly lineup decisions about your team are not to be discussed here. They have a spot for that on this forum.

The rules clearly state "Threads that are asking for advice on how you should draft or manage your team belong in The Assistant Coach forum."

So if a poster was to ask if Gurley doesn't play should I start Mark Ingram, CJ Anderson, or John Kelly? That would be frowned upon. But a poster simply stating if Gurley doesn't play then I have to start Ingram is certainly within the rules.

Edited by SkippaDaFlippa
missed a r in first. :-(
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

Then if there isnt any news on Todd Gurley, you shouldnt be posting in this thread about things other than news on Todd Gurley, hence the rules of the board.

How does Mark Ingram matter to a Todd Gurley thread? I have no purpose for Ingram as a Gurley owner coming to this thread as many wont. So this isnt a thread about most owners and their lineup decision, it is a thread about Todd Gurley. Your lineup decision do not matter to anyone.

There is no replacement for Gurley and you wont find one, the guy you put in wont be Gurley.

The rules state clearly lineup decisions about your team are not to be discussed here. They have a spot for that on this forum.

oh boy, here we go

guys been here 3 months and he's the hall monitor

 

eta: just for future reference, what was said above is fine. and during championship week we tend to be a little more relaxed on the rules. if you want news and only news I suggest you follow the links you were pointed to above

lighten up, Francis 

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really need Gurley to play seeing as I have no other healthy RB on my team. My own damn fault, and have no FAAB money left. Nice thing is don’t have to make a decision! He’s in my lineup even if it’s a 0. 

I’m surprised they’re even talking about playing him. If he is anything but 100%, you picked up CJ Anderson just for this. Are there seeding ramifications at stake if they win/lose this game? 

 

Edited by Elevencents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elevencents said:

Really need Gurley to play seeing as I have no other healthy RB on my team. My own damn fault, and have no FAAB money left. Nice thing is don’t have to make a decision! He’s in my lineup even if it’s a 0. 

I’m surprised they’re even talking about playing him. If he is anything but 100%, you picked up CJ Anderson just for this. Are there seeding ramifications at stake if they win/lose this game? 

 

They can still lose a 1st round bye to the bears, but unlikely.

I highly doubt they lose this game without Gurley

 

Hoping he sits so it makes my decision of Goff or Allen easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Gurley were to sit, I'd start CJA with confidence.  Great matchup, veteran who's been "the guy" before, in shape, and is good in the pass/pass pro game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

If Gurley were to sit, I'd start CJA with confidence.  Great matchup, veteran who's been "the guy" before, in shape, and is good in the pass/pass pro game.  

CJA? even though he was just signed? I guess I find it hard to figure out who is the start with confidence guy if he sits. Odd it wouldnt be kelly

 

eta: huh... I guess it is CJA. 

Edited by Dr. Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SkippaDaFlippa said:

Alright first thing first I can't get over this part of your post. No matter how many times I read this I have no idea what you are trying to say. I guess you are refering to my mention of a "back up plan." You are correct that if Gurley is inactive then of course the person you put in instead "wont be Gurley." But this is the fantasy championship for most owners so I do hope they can find a player to put into that RB slot and "replace" Gurley instead of leaving it blank.

 

The rules clearly state "Threads that are asking for advice on how you should draft or manage your team belong in The Assistant Coach forum."

So if a poster was to ask if Gurley doesn't play should I start Mark Ingram, CJ Anderson, or John Kelly? That would be frowned upon. But a poster simply stating if Gurley doesn't play then I have to start Ingram is certainly within the rules.

Completely fine. This whole thing is unnecessary. Bring on the discussion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

CJA? even though he was just signed? I guess I find it hard to figure out who is the start with confidence guy if he sits. Odd it wouldnt be kelly

 

eta: huh... I guess it is CJA. 

I don't care what the reporters say. Starting Kelly over a rb cut multiple times this year who just signed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, the Steelers-Saints game has a 4:25 (east coast is best coast) start time vs the 4:05 Gurley game. So if you have later game options and he does sit, then you'll have a few minutes time to mull things over.

Tough play for a fantasy championship. The Rams have zero interest in helping us win our leagues and maximum interest in befuddling the Cards DC's game planning. Week 2's win vs Arizona was a Long time ago.  IMO there's no way they're thinking they have this in the bag even with Gurley given last week's uninspiring performance against a not scarin' nobody Eagles defense and the Bear's clunker the week before (different caliber teams, I know).They plain and simple have to win out, since having to win on the road in the playoffs against the Bears and Saints would be less than ideal scenario for them regardless than if Gurley's closer to 100% because he sat out the Cards game. 

I think he plays, CJA is the one that gets rammed (no pun intended) into the teeth of the Defense and Gurley gets more screens and dump offs like last week (13 tgts). The WRs may see more option plays and end arounds too to try and keep down the wear and tear on Gurley and Kelly will get worked in more too. If it does turn into a beatdown like week 2, then they'll rest him. Otherwise he's out there for what hopefully will be enough for Fantasy owners. 

If Gurley doesn't play, I don't know how this doesn't become a hot hand platoon. How bad can Kelly's pass protection be after a whole season of practice?  I would think CJA would be the bigger liability being new to the team. 

Have we ever had a fantasy MVP with this big of a question mark going into the championship game?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

Then if there isnt any news on Todd Gurley, you shouldnt be posting in this thread about things other than news on Todd Gurley, hence the rules of the board.

How does Mark Ingram matter to a Todd Gurley thread? I have no purpose for Ingram as a Gurley owner coming to this thread as many wont. So this isnt a thread about most owners and their lineup decision, it is a thread about Todd Gurley. Your lineup decision do not matter to anyone.

There is no replacement for Gurley and you wont find one, the guy you put in wont be Gurley.

The rules state clearly lineup decisions about your team are not to be discussed here. They have a spot for that on this forum.

Please show me the news about Gurley in this post.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Yenrub said:

I think you have to start him if he is active. I can go with Carson at 8 on Sunday if Gurley isn't active, I just hope I'm not drinking too much at 330 so I don't miss the actives/inactives 

I don't have to make this decision but starting Carson doesn't sound too bad to me.  I think Carson is going to have a huge game, might be just what you want to do here anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky me I have Odell Beckham, Julio Jones, and Todd Gurley.  One is out and a strong possibility all 3 sit.  :pointstoshirt:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Lucky me I have Odell Beckham, Julio Jones, and Todd Gurley.  One is out and a strong possibility all 3 sit.  :pointstoshirt:

That makes for a rough championship week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he doesn’t play, and it absolutely looking like it, think I’m rolling with CJA (confidence is about a 2 out of 10).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Lucky me I have Odell Beckham, Julio Jones, and Todd Gurley.  One is out and a strong possibility all 3 sit.  :pointstoshirt:

Sub Odell for JuJu and I'm in  exactly same boat as you on what was my most dominant dynasty team this year and additionally I have two other Gurley/Julio combo dynasty teams.

And as bad as that is for some of those dynasty teams, I got it worse in redraft because I'm in leagues that don't let you do waivers after week 13 and injuries have hit so much I'll have two teams at least with literally no one to replace these players.

As much as I love football, I find myself wishing the season ended last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Dynasty) I grabbed CJ off the wire. No way I trust him enough to start, but if he shows well the rest of the way I may have a legit Gurley handcuff for free. I never wanted Brown or Kelly. I don't do handcuffs unless I respect thier talent. I think CJ is better than Brown and Kelly longterm. So if he's out there in your league I say grab him if you have space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad for Gurley owners. I am lucky in the one league I'm starting him in the finals I have DJ to start in his place if he doesn't go. But I also am going against him in 2 finals so at least I can focus on that if he sits. But yeah, all these injuries, questionable and game time decisions on a finals weekend really stinks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Rams "would like" to sit Todd Gurley (game-time decision) if there are "any concerns" about his knee.

As has seemed to be the case all week, Schefter reports Gurley wants to play while the Rams want to play it safe. More than just a normal pre-game check, it sounds like Gurley will have to prove he is near 100 percent in warmups to get the green light. C.J. Anderson will reportedly lead the backfield if Gurley sits, but John Kelly should also be involved.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Dec 22 - 11:56 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to use Samuels at TE but I just can't with all of this. Need a high floor so benching Gurley....never thought I would type that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man this is tough. All of my other options play at 12:00 well before his 3:00 game. I need some Nostradamus type vision to take place.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opponent picked up CJ, but did leave Damien Williams out there for me. Was tempted by Marlon Mack or Jamaal Williams but looks like i’ll leave Gurley in and have to check in if he’s active to swap in Damien.

Probably doesn’t matter after Rivers crapped the bed for me last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Opponent picked up CJ, but did leave Damien Williams out there for me. Was tempted by Marlon Mack or Jamaal Williams but looks like i’ll leave Gurley in and have to check in if he’s active to swap in Damien.

Probably doesn’t matter after Rivers crapped the bed for me last night.

Putting Mack in over him. No brainer. 

Mack is a top 15 play with a great matchup. I just don't see how Gurley is more of a flex play today considering he has an injury, the Rams have expressed a desire to rest him, they now have two capable backups to carry the load, and they should take care of AZ handily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Putting Mack in over him. No brainer. 

Mack is a top 15 play with a great matchup. I just don't see how Gurley is more of a flex play today considering he has an injury, the Rams have expressed a desire to rest him, they now have two capable backups to carry the load, and they should take care of AZ handily. 

2 capable backups? A rookie 6th rounder who was 4th string 3 weeks ago and a guy who hasn’t played in months and didn’t get signed after trying out for a couple teams? They have 2 other RBs on the roster, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

Starting Damien Williams over Gurley. It feels gross, but I just can’t risk a the chance of a 2-3 carry early exit

 

Same. Gotta do what we gotta do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cobbler1 said:

2 capable backups? A rookie 6th rounder who was 4th string 3 weeks ago and a guy who hasn’t played in months and didn’t get signed after trying out for a couple teams? They have 2 other RBs on the roster, yes.

Against the AZ run D? Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LenDale White could probably come in and rush for 100 yards on this defense... in 2018.  At least that's the perception.  So I get the logic behind CJ.  "Anyone can run on the Cards but Kelly has lapses in pass pro so let's bring in someone that did the job capably for Manning and maybe Goff can get his game right for the first time in a month."

We'll see whether that logic pans out in a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schefter reporting unless there is a setback in pregame, he’s playing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riding him with confidence. You know if he was even remotely on the line of not playing they would play it safe so it sounds like he’s healthy to the point you shouldn’t be concerned for any aggravation during the game. 

Live or die with the man who got me here!

Edited by Elevencents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Per Schefter it sounds like he’s playing “barring a setback in warmups”

Oh crap. I don't want to start him because if it turns out during warm-ups that he can't play it is too late to find a replacement, but now I got to roll the dice and go with him. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Schefter just tweet the Rams *didn’t* want Gurley to play?  Dammit make up your mind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish they would just decide to bench him...if it's close enough that you still physically need to see him warmup without setbacks at 3:30, why risk it?

If I bench him now, my best option is Robert Foster against a Pats D that knows he's their only weapon. Not appealing.

If I stick with him and have to bench him at 4pm, I'm stuck with Darrel Williams or...Trent Sherfield? Even less appealing. 

Then again if he plays, would any of us be surprised if he scores 20+ just from TD's and a few easy catches?

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, squistion said:

Oh crap. I don't want to start him because if it turns out during warm-ups that he can't play it is too late to find a replacement, but now I got to roll the dice and go with him. :(

Big decision for me.  I could play Fournette or take a chance Gurley plays, and if he doesn't, then it's either C J Anderson or James Washington :yucky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, elitzer said:

i just think why risk it.arz is a cake walk.

NFL teams don’t look at it like that.  No game is a sure thing and the Rams need to win.  

There have been a bunch of big upsets this season.  There are no “easy” games.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

Big decision for me.  I could play Fournette or take a chance Gurley plays, and if he doesn't, then it's either C J Anderson or James Washington :yucky:

At least you got options. It is either start Adams hours before the Gurley warmups and get a few meager points or go with Gurley and get maybe zip (waivers are closed in this league).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

NFL teams don’t look at it like that.  No game is a sure thing and the Rams need to win.  

There have been a bunch of big upsets this season.  There are no “easy” games.

As the old saying goes, "Any Given Sunday".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.