What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (4 Viewers)

At least you got options. It is either start Adams hours before the Gurley warmups and get a few meager points or go with Gurley and get maybe zip (waivers are closed in this league).
I’m in the same position.  My only bench option play early.  #### I hate this.  

At least you got options. It is either start Adams hours before the Gurley warmups and get a few meager points or go with Gurley and get maybe zip (waivers are closed in this league).
Also if I go with Gurley and he sits I forfeit the game (illegal lineup per our rules)...

Maybe that's why you used to gamble.
Haha. No getting more upset at losing than I was happy from winning was why I stopped. Needless stress. 

My buddy and I did it for a few seasons though and were 60% usually; one season a little under 50%. 

Just something about the teams knowing each other well no matter how crappy the crappy team is that they would play them closer than an unfamiliar "good team."

Also if I go with Gurley and he sits I forfeit the game (illegal lineup per our rules)...
Bad rules in that league.  I can see having a rule where you can't start players on a bye, but that is ridiculous.  You don't know sometimes if a player is going to be out.  I've seen players labeled as out and it's not reported until the game starts. 

Horrible rule, so if there is a late scratch (like what happened with me with Engram a few backs) and you miss it you forfeit the game?

I would think getting no points would be punishment enough.

What a misguided anti-tanking rule that is. There are much better rules to put in place if you are worried about that. Late scratches happen, and late game situations like this Gurley thing happen. 

No offense, but unless those rules are chiseled on a stone monument somewhere, you change them in the off-season.

Bad rules in that league.  I can see having a rule where you can't start players on a bye, but that is ridiculous.  You don't know sometimes if a player is going to be out.  I've seen players labeled as out and it's not reported until the game starts. 

Horrible rule, so if there is a late scratch (like what happened with me with Engram a few backs) and you miss it you forfeit the game?

I would think getting no points would be punishment enough.

No offense, but unless those rules are chiseled on a stone monument somewhere, you change them in the off-season.
Agreed all. Am the commish too. Leagues been running since 99.  Rule was put in due to some lineup issues a few years ago.  It’s on the top of this list to address this off-season.  But none the less its in place for this year. 

I'm super fortunate to see how this goes in pre-game and either play Damien or DJ. If I need a home run after the early games, I'll go Todd. If I'm up, I'll ride with Damien. 

that really sucks.  I think Gurley plays but that puts you in an awful position.  You can't pick up a free agent RB?
No.  I used my last WW money last week.  Have Riddick on my bench but he plays in the early game (had Brown too in case of Gurley injury but that fell to #### too). 

Agreed all. Am the commish too. Leagues been running since 99.  Rule was put in due to some lineup issues a few years ago.  It’s on the top of this list to address this off-season.  But none the less its in place for this year. 
You may be OK in starting him, at least not having to forfeit the game.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

From @NFLGameDay: The #Rams want to see RB Todd Gurley work out, but they are optimistic he'll be healthy enough to go today, along with some insight into what the focus is for QB Jared Goff.

I worry more about him starting but not playing very much.
The upside is that at least (you'd think) they'll give him GL looks and some receptions. Even on a snap count he's probably startable unless they get way out ahead early on...and the way Goff has been playing, they may need Gurley to get that lead anyways

Benched for Ingram baring me going down big in the early games. I also have Kamara so I am guaranteeing myself a good RB floor with the Saints backfield. Will be nice not to stress who's getting the touches in that game. 

Sleeperbot just sent me an alert that Gurley is OUT 

not sure if it's officially official, but i guess it's better than him playing at 50%

Kelly looked good in pre-season, ran with nice power and allusiveness.  Not sure I believe CJ will start and get the majority of touches over Kelly?  Trying to decide to star Sutton over Kelly.

Users who are viewing this thread