Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

Recommended Posts

Just now, squistion said:

At least you got options. It is either start Adams hours before the Gurley warmups and get a few meager points or go with Gurley and get maybe zip (waivers are closed in this league).

Go big. Risk reward easily justifies it for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elitzer said:

well vegas agrees with me seeing it is a 14 point spread

 

When I used to gamble I'd just autobet any double digits divisional underdog. Worked out well throughout the course of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

When I used to gamble I'd just autobet any double digits divisional underdog. Worked out well throughout the course of the season. 

Maybe that's why you used to gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe I'm considering subbing in Elijah McGuire for Gurley at the last minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, squistion said:

At least you got options. It is either start Adams hours before the Gurley warmups and get a few meager points or go with Gurley and get maybe zip (waivers are closed in this league).

I’m in the same position.  My only bench option play early.  #### I hate this.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

Can't believe I'm considering subbing in Elijah McGuire for Gurley at the last minute.

I wouldn't do that.  What are you options if you go with Gurley and he sits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, elitzer said:

well vegas agrees with me seeing it is a 14 point spread

 

Eagles were a 13 pt dog last week....   just sayin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, squistion said:

At least you got options. It is either start Adams hours before the Gurley warmups and get a few meager points or go with Gurley and get maybe zip (waivers are closed in this league).

Also if I go with Gurley and he sits I forfeit the game (illegal lineup per our rules)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, squistion said:

Oh crap. I don't want to start him because if it turns out during warm-ups that he can't play it is too late to find a replacement, but now I got to roll the dice and go with him. :(

He’ll be fine. Rams need to get back on track before the playoffs start. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Maybe that's why you used to gamble.

Haha. No getting more upset at losing than I was happy from winning was why I stopped. Needless stress. 

My buddy and I did it for a few seasons though and were 60% usually; one season a little under 50%. 

Just something about the teams knowing each other well no matter how crappy the crappy team is that they would play them closer than an unfamiliar "good team."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Also if I go with Gurley and he sits I forfeit the game (illegal lineup per our rules)...

Bad rules in that league.  I can see having a rule where you can't start players on a bye, but that is ridiculous.  You don't know sometimes if a player is going to be out.  I've seen players labeled as out and it's not reported until the game starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Also if I go with Gurley and he sits I forfeit the game (illegal lineup per our rules)...

Horrible rule, so if there is a late scratch (like what happened with me with Engram a few backs) and you miss it you forfeit the game?

I would think getting no points would be punishment enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Also if I go with Gurley and he sits I forfeit the game (illegal lineup per our rules)...

No offense, but unless those rules are chiseled on a stone monument somewhere, you change them in the off-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a misguided anti-tanking rule that is. There are much better rules to put in place if you are worried about that. Late scratches happen, and late game situations like this Gurley thing happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

I can go Chubb ilo Gurley guess that’s my best move

I benched Gurley for Kenny Golladay. If Nick Chubb was an option, I'd feel even better with that. I agree that's your best move--good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.Blonde said:

No offense, but unless those rules are chiseled on a stone monument somewhere, you change them in the off-season.

 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Bad rules in that league.  I can see having a rule where you can't start players on a bye, but that is ridiculous.  You don't know sometimes if a player is going to be out.  I've seen players labeled as out and it's not reported until the game starts. 

 

8 minutes ago, squistion said:

Horrible rule, so if there is a late scratch (like what happened with me with Engram a few backs) and you miss it you forfeit the game?

I would think getting no points would be punishment enough.

 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Blonde said:

No offense, but unless those rules are chiseled on a stone monument somewhere, you change them in the off-season.

Agreed all. Am the commish too. Leagues been running since 99.  Rule was put in due to some lineup issues a few years ago.  It’s on the top of this list to address this off-season.  But none the less its in place for this year. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Also if I go with Gurley and he sits I forfeit the game (illegal lineup per our rules)...

that really sucks.  I think Gurley plays but that puts you in an awful position.  You can't pick up a free agent RB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm super fortunate to see how this goes in pre-game and either play Damien or DJ. If I need a home run after the early games, I'll go Todd. If I'm up, I'll ride with Damien. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don't Noonan said:

that really sucks.  I think Gurley plays but that puts you in an awful position.  You can't pick up a free agent RB?

No.  I used my last WW money last week.  Have Riddick on my bench but he plays in the early game (had Brown too in case of Gurley injury but that fell to #### too). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Agreed all. Am the commish too. Leagues been running since 99.  Rule was put in due to some lineup issues a few years ago.  It’s on the top of this list to address this off-season.  But none the less its in place for this year. 

You may be OK in starting him, at least not having to forfeit the game.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

From @NFLGameDay: The #Rams want to see RB Todd Gurley work out, but they are optimistic he'll be healthy enough to go today, along with some insight into what the focus is for QB Jared Goff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I wouldn't do that.  What are you options if you go with Gurley and he sits?

Other options would be CJ Anderson or Alfred Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm rolling with him. Screw it. My options to replace him at 4pm are horrible, but my options now aren't great either. I'll make the gamble. Go big or go home, it's championship week

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, Sweatpants said:

Riding the big stud 

Yeah, I think I'm coming around to that too. If he ends up sitting right before the game at least I have CJ Anderson instead of a complete goose egg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

 

Yeah, I think I'm coming around to that too. If he ends up sitting right before the game at least I have CJ Anderson instead of a complete goose egg.

I worry more about him starting but not playing very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

I worry more about him starting but not playing very much.

The upside is that at least (you'd think) they'll give him GL looks and some receptions. Even on a snap count he's probably startable unless they get way out ahead early on...and the way Goff has been playing, they may need Gurley to get that lead anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah I'm rolling with him. Screw it. My options to replace him at 4pm are horrible, but my options now aren't great either. I'll make the gamble. Go big or go home, it's championship week

I did too.  Forfeit be damned.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, togo said:

Have we got definitive word yet that he IS playing yet???

 

Can't really have that till he works out in pregame around 3 probably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

I did too.  Forfeit be damned.  

So did I, and Bloom just confirmed it was the best choice in my query of WDIS, Adams or Gurley.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benched for Ingram baring me going down big in the early games. I also have Kamara so I am guaranteeing myself a good RB floor with the Saints backfield. Will be nice not to stress who's getting the touches in that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleeperbot just sent me an alert that Gurley is OUT 

 

not sure if it's officially official, but i guess it's better than him playing at 50%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

####. Feel bad for the guy who has to forfeit. 

Now my options are Kirkwood, Trent Sherfield, or Darrel Williams. Oof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley inactive today...just came across on redzone channel 

Edited by Yenrub
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat McGuire to hope for Gurley....I get to start Mike Davis now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

####. Feel bad for the guy who has to forfeit. 

Now my options are Kirkwood, Trent Sherfield, or Darrel Williams. Oof. 

Thanks, was a risk on my part, didn’t pay off.  ####.  Awful way to lose the championship,  I’m way ahead on points right now too. Oh well. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly looked good in pre-season, ran with nice power and allusiveness.  Not sure I believe CJ will start and get the majority of touches over Kelly?  Trying to decide to star Sutton over Kelly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Deciding between Kelly, Ingram or Damien Williams. Leaning towards Williams tbh.

Oh Williams without question. I'm starting him with total confidence. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.