Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

Yeah I'm rolling with him. Screw it. My options to replace him at 4pm are horrible, but my options now aren't great either. I'll make the gamble. Go big or go home, it's championship week

• Like 2

Just now, Sweatpants said:

Riding the big stud 

Yeah, I think I'm coming around to that too. If he ends up sitting right before the game at least I have CJ Anderson instead of a complete goose egg.

2 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

Yeah, I think I'm coming around to that too. If he ends up sitting right before the game at least I have CJ Anderson instead of a complete goose egg.

I worry more about him starting but not playing very much.

Just now, JohnnyU said:

I worry more about him starting but not playing very much.

The upside is that at least (you'd think) they'll give him GL looks and some receptions. Even on a snap count he's probably startable unless they get way out ahead early on...and the way Goff has been playing, they may need Gurley to get that lead anyways

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah I'm rolling with him. Screw it. My options to replace him at 4pm are horrible, but my options now aren't great either. I'll make the gamble. Go big or go home, it's championship week

I did too.  Forfeit be damned.  

• Like 1

Just now, togo said:

Have we got definitive word yet that he IS playing yet???

Can't really have that till he works out in pregame around 3 probably

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

I did too.  Forfeit be damned.  

So did I, and Bloom just confirmed it was the best choice in my query of WDIS, Adams or Gurley.

• Like 1

Benched for Ingram baring me going down big in the early games. I also have Kamara so I am guaranteeing myself a good RB floor with the Saints backfield. Will be nice not to stress who's getting the touches in that game. 

####. Feel bad for the guy who has to forfeit. 

Now my options are Kirkwood, Trent Sherfield, or Darrel Williams. Oof. 

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

####. Feel bad for the guy who has to forfeit. 

Now my options are Kirkwood, Trent Sherfield, or Darrel Williams. Oof. 

Thanks, was a risk on my part, didn’t pay off.  ####.  Awful way to lose the championship,  I’m way ahead on points right now too. Oh well. 

• Sad 1

Kelly looked good in pre-season, ran with nice power and allusiveness.  Not sure I believe CJ will start and get the majority of touches over Kelly?  Trying to decide to star Sutton over Kelly.

Well ####. Actually I’ll take it. One league I have him in I’m getting pummeled anyway and playing against him in another. 

Man I feel for you guys that have him - have a feeling a lot of championships just changed hands. 

Edited by Elevencents

The Gurley giveth (2017) and the Gurley taketh away (2018). 

After he wrecked me in the playoffs almost single-handedly last year, I anticipated a repeat this year. Breathing a sigh of relief right now. Might discount him a little at the top of drafts next year, if people are bitter.

2 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I wouldn't do that.  What are you options if you go with Gurley and he sits?

:doh:

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Think I'm going with Trent Sherfield over Keith Kirkwood. Anyone else choosing between scrubs like this in dynasty? 

Has it been said whether Ted Ginn is active for the game today? I know he was activated this week.

34 minutes ago, Parmcat said:

Sat McGuire to hope for Gurley....

Did the same. Season's Greetings...

2 minutes ago, simey said:

Has it been said whether Ted Ginn is active for the game today? I know he was activated this week.

Ginn is active.  May be on a snap count.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simey said:

Haven't seen yet, and to be honest I totally forgot about him. Might be another strike against Kirkwood, thanks

• Like 1

:sadbanana:

My only consolation is that I would have started Josh Adams instead and would have gotten 1.9 points which wouldn't have helped me any.

11 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

2 capable backups? A rookie 6th rounder who was 4th string 3 weeks ago and a guy who hasn’t played in months and didn’t get signed after trying out for a couple teams? They have 2 other RBs on the roster, yes.

eh hem

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

eh hem

Haha fair. My point was more that if those are considered capable backups than literally any rb is. If your point was that anyone is capable against Arizona then you are spot on 👍🏼.

3 hours ago, Andrew74 said:

Painful watching CJ drop 160+ and a TD today knowing Gurley probably would have scored 30+ on AZ.  

Gurley went 19/42 and 3/31 in their first meeting at HOME.  Weird how you conclude he would have gone for 30+ today.

1 hour ago, tjnc09 said:

Gurley went 19/42 and 3/31 in their first meeting at HOME.  Weird how you conclude he would have gone for 30+ today.

It's not weird at all. It's actually pretty logical.

CJ had 25. He was an out of work back signed this week.

Gurley is the best RB in the NFL. Not a stretch to assume that under these same circumstances the best RB in the league musters 5 more points. Probably more. 

What is largely irrelevant is each players individual stats from the teams' previous meeting. 

Signed,

Gurley owner likely to lose by 30

10 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

Yep and in that first game he scored 30+. 

13 hours ago, Andrew74 said:

Painful watching CJ drop 160+ and a TD today knowing Gurley probably would have scored 30+ on AZ.  

it was painful watching gurley have to limp his way through the 2nd half of the game against philly last sunday night... all because john kelly was so terrible they couldnt play him.

8 hours ago, tombonneau said:

It's not weird at all. It's actually pretty logical.

CJ had 25. He was an out of work back signed this week.

Gurley is the best RB in the NFL. Not a stretch to assume that under these same circumstances the best RB in the league musters 5 more points. Probably more. 

What is largely irrelevant is each players individual stats from the teams' previous meeting. 

Signed,

Gurley owner likely to lose by 30

So, the best RB in the league had 800 some yards, 3.2ypc in 2016?   He's "good" because of McVay's system, nothing more.  

12 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

So, the best RB in the league had 800 some yards, 3.2ypc in 2016?   He's "good" because of McVay's system, nothing more.  

Stop, just stop.  That is absolutely asinine.  And I suppose AP isn’t one of the best backs of our generation because he had bad years in Arizona and N.O.   

The only thing your numbers prove is exactly how awful Jeff Fisher was and how ineffective he was as a coach that year.  

• Thanks 1