What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (5 Viewers)

Did this guy see a ghost or something? Take some bad drugs?

Why does C.J. Anderson need to mentor him and keep him focused?

He looks scared on the field. Wonder what happened.

lod001 said:
CJ Anderson with a little slip o the lip in an interview just now when asked about dividing up the carries. '....Todd would go as much as he could'. oops.
NFL Network commenting on this exact line by CJ Anderson. They figured it out after a day. Probably reading my posts in this thread.

Joe Bryant said:
I personally don't think anything more will come out. They've been clear about the (non) injury status. Clearly it wasn't a disciplinary issue as he saw significant playing time.

I think it's one of those things where real NFL and Fantasy sometimes don't connect. To the one guy that matters, Sean McVay, he seemed to put an equal value on Anderson and Gurley. That seems crazy to us as Gurley is the superstar. But coaches don't care about status. They look for players who can help them win. And I think McVay felt Anderson had just as much value there as Gurley. 

Where I think this will be interesting is if McVay puts the same logic to Jared Goff and brings in significant competition. 
I think Gurley has tendinitis. Since he was able to practice and play through it the Rams felt that they could avoid disclosing it. Now they will have a further incentive to keep quiet to avoid any risk of being fined over the injury report.

In matters like this, the most trusted authority is typically betting odds-makers who, unlike the rest of us, must back their opinions with large sums of money. The odds-makers are very good at getting information and evaluating situations like this because they have to be.  If you look at the Gurley performance props they were all set low as if Gurley was dealing with an injury.

In matters like this, the most trusted authority is typically betting odds-makers who, unlike the rest of us, must back their opinions with large sums of money. The odds-makers are very good at getting information and evaluating situations like this because they have to be.  If you look at the Gurley performance props they were all set low as if Gurley was dealing with an injury.
What are you talking about?  Anderson was expected to share carries and yards with Gurley.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Rams are expected to have X rushing yards per game

Rams will now use two RBs instead of one

But the real reason Gurley's expected yards are lower is because of an undisclosed, mysterious injury he doesn't actually have.  Simple math can't possibly be the reason.

tjnc09 said:
People who don't think Gurley is injured:

Rams organization

Sean McVay

Todd Gurley

Medical Doctor

People who think Gurley is injured:

same 5-6 random football fans on an online forum

And I'm the problem lol
4 straight posts all asking why people think he’s injured. And I repeat - WE GET IT. Your stance has been shoved down our throats. Whether I believe he is or not doesn’t matter at this point. It’s you saying the same thing over and over and over and over that makes my soul hurt. I don’t know why you’re so obsessed with this topic but ffs enough. Keep checking in for actual news and I just keep getting open hand slapped repeatedly. 

What are you talking about?  Anderson was expected to share carries and yards with Gurley.  
I understand that you live in a world where Gurley is a JAG “system player” and an equivalent talent to CJ Anderson. The rest of us live in the world of reality. In the world of reality, Gurley and Anderson don’t split carries relatively evenly unless Gurley is banged up

4 straight posts all asking why people think he’s injured. And I repeat - WE GET IT. Your stance has been shoved down our throats. Whether I believe he is or not doesn’t matter at this point. It’s you saying the same thing over and over and over and over that makes my soul hurt. I don’t know why you’re so obsessed with this topic but ffs enough. Keep checking in for actual news and I just keep getting open hand slapped repeatedly. 
This isn't adding anything valuable to the conversation.

I understand that you live in a world where Gurley is a JAG “system player” and an equivalent talent to CJ Anderson. The rest of us live in the world of reality. In the world of reality, Gurley and Anderson don’t split carries relatively evenly unless Gurley is banged up
World of reality - where the Rams, McVay, Gurley all SPECIFICALLY deny he is hurt.

If that's reality, what world is your unsubstantiated speculation from?

- Barkley

- CMC

- Gurley

- Kamara 

- Elliot

That’s my 1-5. I understand an argument for Johnson and I think Dalvin Cook might breakout next season. 

I doubt anyone who watches football will have 5 guys over Gurley in terms of pure talent. I left Bell out as he didn’t play in 2018 and IDK what he’s gonna do next season.

I doubt anyone who watches football will have 5 guys over Gurley in terms of pure talent.
What do you think happened to him in 2016?  Don't you think pure talent that incredible should be able to offset a terrible line and terrible coaching?  He wasn't average that year.  He was literally one of the worst RBs ever for that type of volume.

What do you think happened to him in 2016?  Don't you think pure talent that incredible should be able to offset a terrible line and terrible coaching?  He wasn't average that year.  He was literally one of the worst RBs ever for that type of volume.
Please answer my question at the top of this page, TIA.

World of reality - where the Rams, McVay, Gurley all SPECIFICALLY deny he is hurt.

If that's reality, what world is your unsubstantiated speculation from?
No clue why you would believe them.  They had a vested interest in lying before the game.  Now that they lied on the injury report, they have to keep lying so that they don't get punished for lying initially.

This isn't a complex concept.

No clue why you would believe them.  They had a vested interest in lying before the game.  Now that they lied on the injury report, they have to keep lying so that they don't get punished for lying initially.

This isn't a complex concept.
He has had plenty of terrible games while healthy.  Seems like a convenient excuse to me.  

He has had plenty of terrible games while healthy.  Seems like a convenient excuse to me.  
He's had terrible games.  So has Brady.  Both of those statements are irrelevant to what has happened the past few weeks.

But hey, you already know this.   This whole thing is just shtick that, for whatever reason, is a form of trolling that the site allows.

Todd’s interviews the past month have been all about the team and how he only wants team success. This is all well and good, but it definitely sounds like a guy who got paid and all else equal, wouldn’t be opposed to somebody else cutting into his carries. If he gets the rock, great! If not, great!

Todd’s interviews the past month have been all about the team and how he only wants team success. This is all well and good, but it definitely sounds like a guy who got paid and all else equal, wouldn’t be opposed to somebody else cutting into his carries. If he gets the rock, great! If not, great!
Yeah, I read that the same way.

Yeah, I read that the same way.
It’s a lose lose situation.  If he speaks out he’s a selfish diva bad teammate.  If he doesn’t then he doesn’t care because he got paid.  

I think he’s handled himself with class though this (whatever “this” is).

It’s a lose lose situation.  If he speaks out he’s a selfish diva bad teammate.  If he doesn’t then he doesn’t care because he got paid.  

I think he’s handled himself with class though this (whatever “this” is).
Pretty much. No idea what his normal interviews are like because I don't have him on dynasty so this could just be his normal attitude. He's never been a guy that complains. Lets his running do the talking. Still believe there is an injury since it's the only logical reason for the lack of use over the past month plus.

I should have said, 'that's the way it came off but not the way I think he is'.

That whole Rams O hasn't looked the same since Kupp got injured....they just look out of sync right now.....credit the Pats D, they smelled blood in the water and went in for the kill.

That said, Gurley and the rest of the Rams O will be back....there is a lot talent there, but sometimes things just kind of snowball in a bad way......You could see it in the whole Rams offense's body language.....they were beat, and they couldn't respond.

That whole Rams O hasn't looked the same since Kupp got injured....they just look out of sync right now.....credit the Pats D, they smelled blood in the water and went in for the kill.

That said, Gurley and the rest of the Rams O will be back....there is a lot talent there, but sometimes things just kind of snowball in a bad way......You could see it in the whole Rams offense's body language.....they were beat, and they couldn't respond.
People have really been overlooking some of the struggles of the Rams' offense.  Look at Goff's last 8 games...

57% completion, 6.5ypa, 1853 yds, 7 TD, 8 INT

Is it possible that the league is starting to figure out McVay's scheme a little bit?

Is it possible that the league is starting to figure out McVay's scheme a little bit?
Possible and I think Bellichick/Flores for sure had it figured out but consider two other angles:

1. Loss of Cooper Kupp

2. I've not looked at stats to back this up but I would swear you could draw a line in the sand this year when defenses turned the table. The Saints vs Dallas game. I'm hoping someone will do a film review on what defenses might have started doing differently from that point going forward all the way through the SB. It felt to me like we went from Big 12 football to 1980's looking NFL football across much of the league after that game.

Gurley certainly didn't look like a guy dying to get out there in the NFCC or SB.  I question where his head is at.

Where was the flare pass, the dump off?  Where was the pitch out,. where were the plays trying to get a speed RB out in space?  Let Anderson bang the line,  you put your race horse where he can run.

According to Eric Dickerson who tallked to Gurley the night before the game he was 100% ready to go, so...???

Where was the flare pass, the dump off?  Where was the pitch out,. where were the plays trying to get a speed RB out in space?  Let Anderson bang the line,  you put your race horse where he can run.

According to Eric Dickerson who tallked to Gurley the night before the game he was 100% ready to go, so...???
injury is the only reason that makes any sense for the lack of usage and all parties swear injury is not the issue.... you give the guy who scored 20 td's 20+ touches in the superbowl if he's 100% i dont care how well CJA played leading up to it.

injury is the only reason that makes any sense for the lack of usage and all parties swear injury is not the issue.... you give the guy who scored 20 td's 20+ touches in the superbowl if he's 100% i dont care how well CJA played leading up to it.
I'm with you so what happened?

Why would they try to hide anything?
My feeling is 2 reasons.

-Todd not wanting to make excuses.  He never has before even when injured. See the first week of the year when it's reported he hurt himself....

-McVay wanting to be Belichick like and not give any competitive advantages.   Same reason pre Super Bowl he said Todd would get a heavy workload but then after said the plan all along was to split the workload with CJA.

Faust said:
So I just read this article, this quote is amazing:

We had gone in knowing that we wanted to be able to almost have kind of a shared load between he and C.J. (Anderson)
Why didn't any reporter ask the most elementary question here... Why is that Sean, why would you want to reduce Gurley for CJA? 

So Sean, do you feel Gurley and Anderson are equivalent when it comes to talent? Feels like your GM just wasted $60mm if you do. 

Users who are viewing this thread