Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

1 hour ago, Alex P Keaton said:

It's clear the team is covering their butts so they don't get punished for lying on the injury report.

If the Rams get fined, Gurley was injured.

If the Rams don't get fined, Gurley was not injured.

There is absolutely no chance Goodell ignores this situation if a team actually lied about their star player's health in the Super Bowl.  None.

Edited by tjnc09

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Rams will consider stem cell treatment for Todd Gurley if his knee woes continue.

The Rams have Gurley on an offseason regimen to get his left knee back to full strength, though if the injury persists, the running back may be forced to undergo stem cell treatment. Fellow running backs Jamaal Charles and Knowshon Moreno have undergone similar procedures in recent years. Both players were coming back from torn ACLs, an injury Gurley suffered during his final year at Georgia. Teammate C.J. Anderson admitted recently that Gurley was "more hurt than we thought," which may explain why he played second fiddle to Anderson during the postseason. With Gurley's health in question, don't be surprised if the Rams add backfield depth this offseason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Rams will consider stem cell treatment for Todd Gurley if his knee woes continue.

The Rams have Gurley on an offseason regimen to get his left knee back to full strength, though if the injury persists, the running back may be forced to undergo stem cell treatment. Fellow running backs Jamaal Charles and Knowshon Moreno have undergone similar procedures in recent years. Both players were coming back from torn ACLs, an injury Gurley suffered during his final year at Georgia. Teammate C.J. Anderson admitted recently that Gurley was "more hurt than we thought," which may explain why he played second fiddle to Anderson during the postseason. With Gurley's health in question, don't be surprised if the Rams add backfield depth this offseason.

Gameplan. All gameplanning.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Gameplan. All gameplanning.

I think what the article really meant was they were going to treat McVey's brain with stem cells.

• Thinking 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, tjnc09 said:

If the Rams get fined, Gurley was injured.

If the Rams don't get fined, Gurley was not injured.

There is absolutely no chance Goodell ignores this situation if a team actually lied about their star player's health in the Super Bowl.  None.

agree if they lied....fine em

Stem cells? yikes, they should sign CJA just in case....and draft someone

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 12:42 AM, dkp993 said:

From the dynasty article here this week.....

The Todd Gurley saga will be much-debated this offseason. In your opinion, was he hurt in the Super Bowl or are we seeing the beginning of the end? Where does he fit in your Top 10 overall and Top 10 at the position?

Simpkins

I find it laughable that we are even having a serious discussion about this. It’s very clear that Gurley was hurt. We saw him riding the exercise bike between possessions during the Super Bowl. The broadcast team noted that they saw him favoring his knee during practice. If you watched carefully, you noted he ran in a straight line and didn’t cut, which is out of character for his running style. I think people want to trust the coaching staff saying he wasn’t hurt, but to me, that was gamesmanship. They did not want New England to know Gurley was hurt and be able to scheme accordingly. Admitting it now would cause the team to lose face and potentially subject them to discipline for not disclosing the injury.

It’s one thing to be concerned about a potential problem with the knee that Gurley injured in college. It’s quite another to say that he’s “finished.” He just turned 25 for crying out loud! I know the shelf life for NFL running backs is relatively short next to other skill position players, but we should see at least another 4-5 years of production out of this very talented runner. Gurley is still my number one running back and my top overall player in dynasty rankings and that won’t change unless we find out that the knee issue is going to be a chronic problem.

Larkin

Certainly, there is a sour taste left in our mouths after the way Gurley's season ended, but it would be premature and, frankly, irresponsible to simply toss him aside. The cohesiveness of the Rams offensive line plays a large role in Gurley's ability to get downhill fast; at times he isn't touched until a few yards past the line of scrimmage, an enviable platform for any back. He must have been carrying an injury in the Super Bowl to feature so infrequently, but he has plenty of tread left on the tires in a high-octane offense; keep the faith. As far as rankings, Gurley would be among my top five backs and would be around ninth or 10th in my overall rankings.

Parsons

Gurley was hurt or it was one of the bigger coaching blunders in terms of player usage and personnel in recent memory. I have not moved Gurley down in my values and he has slipped from his RB2 perch in many startup drafts presenting a value this offseason.

Haseley

Was he hurt in the Super Bowl? Yes, I believe that to be the case. I think the Rams knew that he was hurt worse than they were leading on, and if it weren't for C.J. Anderson, they never would've advanced as far as they did. Time and rest will help Gurley's case. I expect him to be back to normal for the 2019 season, but he has moved down a few notches in my dynasty rankings. He's a still a Top 5 back for me at this time. At age 24 he still has another three to four big years left in him.

Hicks

It is irrelevant moving forward if he was injured or not. The offensive coaching staff was completely outplayed in the playoffs and Gurley was just part of the problem. What the Rams do to backup Gurley will be crucial. If we see C.J. Anderson again, then I would be very concerned as he played very well for them. If we are back to Malcolm Brown, then all is good. I have moved Gurley down to six as I have concerns about Sean McVay and Jared Goff being able to overcome good defensive coaching. No doubt they will work on this in the offseason and we will see how they match up in 2019. Gurley was on record-setting pace in 2018 until various aches and pains put an end to that. If the Rams get back on track offensively then Gurley should be a top three back.

Wood

How could he not be hurt? A player doesn't go from the most explosive, dynamic runner in the league for 1.5 seasons into someone not good enough to play over C.J. Anderson. Unless he gets offseason surgery, Gurley should absolutely remain a top-5 pick in redraft and keeper leagues. Right now, Gurley ranks fourth in my positional rankings, behind Saquon Barkley, Alvin Kamara, and Ezekiel Elliott. He's also fourth in my overall rankings.

Hindery

Gurley is the #4 overall player in my rankings and RB4. Saquon Barkley, Ezekiel Elliott, and Christian McCaffrey are each younger and feel slightly less risky than Gurley based upon how the season ended and Gurley’s injury history. 

I doubt I will drop Gurley any further than that. He has been a fantasy monster the last two years. He was the fantasy RB1 in 2017 and was the RB1 by a decent margin after 15 weeks. He should be the same guy in the same offense moving forward and he’s only 24-years old.

It is hard for me to believe Gurley was 100% in the playoffs. Whether it was knee pain slowing him down or he was just slightly out of shape due to missing a few weeks of practice, we may never know. However, we have a big enough sample size to know what Gurley is capable of.

I have to say the latest news regarding the need for stem cell treatment gives me reservations about taking Gurley at the top of the draft. I'm not sure he drops out of my top 12, but as an owner that disdains risk (even at the expense of upside) early in drafts/auctions, I'm more pessimistic now than at any point since the last Jeff Fisher year. Thankfully, I have no start ups on the horizon and we have several more months to cull through the information. 

Where would go draft Gurley if today was draft day?

2 minutes ago, Ack88 said:

I have to say the latest news regarding the need for stem cell treatment gives me reservations about taking Gurley at the top of the draft. I'm not sure he drops out of my top 12, but as an owner that disdains risk (even at the expense of upside) early in drafts/auctions, I'm more pessimistic now than at any point since the last Jeff Fisher year. Thankfully, I have no start ups on the horizon and we have several more months to cull through the information. 

Where would go draft Gurley if today was draft day?

in the WSLs in the mock drafts forum here at FBG, he went at 1.4 and 1.5 respectively.....before the stem cell news....Come August if he is on the field, people will still take him top 5....

I'd draft Barkley and Elliott over him in a heartbeat. 

I have Barkley at 1.01, TBH.  

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I'd draft Barkley and Elliott over him in a heartbeat. 

I have Barkley at 1.01, TBH.  

PPR I’m taking CMC and Kamara too over him. RB is risky enough. No way I spend a top 4 pick on him. If I get pick 5 or 6 and he’s there, then I’ll really have a decision to make. I’d consider Nuke over him too at that point and maybe even Gordon. Maybe training camp will clear some of this up.

Just now, Kwai Chang Caine said:

PPR I’m taking CMC and Kamara too over him. RB is risky enough. No way I spend a top 4 pick on him. If I get pick 5 or 6 and he’s there, then I’ll really have a decision to make. I’d consider Nuke over him too at that point and maybe even Gordon. Maybe training camp will clear some of this up.

Yeah, I think the gamesmanship with which they treated his injury for the Super Bowl leaves a lot of questions lingering about that five or six pick.

3 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

The original article was titled "Rams may consider drastic option IF Todd Gurley's knee regresses during offseason"

No different than "Rams will perform surgery IF Todd Gurley tears ACL during offseason"

Oh, Dear Lord. The article specifically addresses what we've all been saying, too. The article is not final authority. But it's another piece of evidence that seems to be mounting in the direction of Gurley suffering an injury that hurt his ability to participate in the Super Bowl. 

I assure you none of us are conspiracy dupes, nor are we being led by the nose by an unscrupulous media. It's Okham or Occam's razor (whichever you prefer).

Guy was almost certainly hurt for the SB. No need to rehash. Let's move on and figure out where to take him in drafts.  

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh, Dear Lord. The article specifically addresses what we've all been saying, too. The article is not final authority. But it's another piece of evidence that seems to be mounting in the direction of Gurley suffering an injury that hurt his ability to participate in the Super Bowl. 

I assure you none of us are conspiracy dupes, nor are we being led by the nose by an unscrupulous media. It's Okham or Occam's razor (whichever you prefer).

Guy was almost certainly hurt for the SB. No need to rehash. Let's move on and figure out where to take him in drafts.  

No, it does not.  The question had nothing to do with his health during the SB.  A reporter simply asked if they would consider stem cell treatment if Gurley's knee regressed in the offseason.  

43 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

No, it does not.  The question had nothing to do with his health during the SB.  A reporter simply asked if they would consider stem cell treatment if Gurley's knee regressed in the offseason.  

You're  still in the Gurley thread I see.  Why all the warnings from the mods?

25 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

You're  still in the Gurley thread I see.  Why all the warnings from the mods?

Yes, I'm here discussing Todd Gurley in the Todd Gurley thread.  

Gurley has been a cornerstone keeper for me in my main league.  It’s a keeper auction league, you start the auction with 200 minus any keepers value.  His keeper cost for me this year would be $36, top tier available RBs (and elite WR’s) routinely go for 50’s to low 60’s.   I will certainly be keeping him at this price but prior to the NFL playoffs his value was outstanding especially when you factor in the scarcity of the elite RB’s, now I think it’s gone down to very good to good. The biggest concern for me is the managing of the work load. For the type of guys like him, Barkley, Elliot and McCaffrey that is a huge part of the draw.  

Edited by dkp993

1 hour ago, tjnc09 said:

Not really. What it means is Gurley has articular surface cartilage damage in his knee and they're hoping that rest helps the inflammation and pain that its causing. Not a good situation anyway you cut it.

1 hour ago, fruity pebbles said:

Not really. What it means is Gurley has articular surface cartilage damage in his knee and they're hoping that rest helps the inflammation and pain that its causing. Not a good situation anyway you cut it.

According to Sean McVay, Gurley is feeling good from both a physical and mental standpoint and nothing about the stem cell treatment had been communicated to him.  The organization's concern over this seems extremely low at this point.  Gurley owners/drafters should be more concerned about his reduced workload because of a RBBC than his health.

2 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

Gurley owners/drafters should be more concerned about his reduced workload because of a RBBC than his health.

Say what?  Gurley at 100% has absolutely no concern about being part of a RBBC.  You're telling us an old, overweight, RB off the street is some kind of threat?  Or anyone else for that matter?  Gurley's knee is the part to be concerned with, and your big concern isn't that, but a reduced workload?  Hello, the reduced workload was because of health.

37 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Say what?  Gurley at 100% has absolutely no concern about being part of a RBBC.  You're telling us an old, overweight, RB off the street is some kind of threat?  Or anyone else for that matter?  Gurley's knee is the part to be concerned with, and your big concern isn't that, but a reduced workload?  Hello, the reduced workload was because of health.

CJ Anderson averaged nearly 5.5ypc with the Rams.  "Old, overweight, RB off the street" is not an accurate description for that type of performance.  He obviously impressed McVay enough to earn a RBBC in the NFFC and SB.

McVay said today they are strongly considering a timeshare for next season.  Are you suggesting he's lying?

Edited by tjnc09

Am I suggesting McVay's lying?  LMAO.  No counselor, I'm not.  Let's not change the topic here, that wasn't the point.  You were claiming people should be more concerned about Gurley's workload than his health.  Uh, the reason they are considering a RBBC is because they have no choice at this point.

They will be in a RBBC only because they realize Gurley's knee is ####ed, and they signed him to that huge contract in the off-season.  This, after riding him into the ground.  We all know the amount of carries the Rams gave him prior, and it took its toll, no question.  He got used like a mule.  Then they give him one of the bigger RB contracts in the league.  Good for Gurley, but make no mistake about it, that is all on them.

So, telling people they should be more concerned about a RBBC than his health is way off.  His health is the very reason they're scrambling and also why everything in that offense changed, once he was hurt.  Hello, there will be a RBBC and it's directly related to Gurley's bum knee, not his ability.  He tore his ACL in college and the Rams should've known better than to use him like they did.  

But if you want to make the claim that an old, overweight CJ Anderson is anywhere near a 100% Todd Gurley in his prime (not anymore), and to point to your small sample size of CJ's end-of-year ypc, or some lightbulb that went off in McVay's head, give me a break.  There is a reason not one other NFL team put CJ on their roster, not even as a backup..  I like the guy, he's a gamer, and love Gurley too, but the two aren't close when you're talking about a 100% healthy Todd Gurley.  Hope we see that again but it's looking grim, and has nothing to do with an old RB being the difference.

Edited by Rodrigo Duterte
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

Yes, I'm here discussing Todd Gurley in the Todd Gurley thread.  

More so, you're pissing in the pool.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rockaction said:

At this point there’s no reason to even respond to him. His “proof” will always be better and he’ll perform mental gymnastics to discredit anything that counters it. This recent example shows the ridiculous lengths he’ll go to be right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

At this point there’s no reason to even respond to him.

It's really just so that people reading this can hear both sides of the argument and determine for themselves. If I was getting really upset about it or on the verge of suspension, I'd stop. But I'm simply pointing out that the overwhelming amount of evidentiary pieces point to injury rather than there being a sudden RBBC between Gurley/C.J. because of effectiveness concerns.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rockaction said:

It's really just so that people reading this can hear both sides of the argument and determine for themselves. If I was getting really upset about it or on the verge of suspension, I'd stop. But I'm simply pointing out that the overwhelming amount of evidentiary pieces point to injury rather than there being a sudden RBBC between Gurley/C.J. because of effectiveness concerns.  

I’m just saying he’s so convinced that he’s smarter than everyone else that if Gurley’s leg fell off tomorrow he’d claim it was not proof that he was hurt during the Super Bowl and that McVey made a conscious decision to not use a guy that carried his team all season - and not use him as the weapon he was in the passing game - because Gurley just isn’t any good.

now there is evidence slowly leaking out supporting the people who thought the most likely scenario for his lack of usage was the knee injury... so if he wants to dig in his heels further let him. Everyone else can just ignore the noise and wait and see what ends up happening.

I was ready to admit I was wrong if we never heard another word about Gurley’s knee and he was out there at OTAs looking like he did early last season, but some people can never admit they were wrong. Those people are not worth having conversations with imo. I was willing to listen and read what he said early on and even admitted he made some valid points but now I see it’s not really a conversation it’s a lecture from some one who just thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room (usually those people are not even close to being that).

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I’m just saying he’s so convinced that he’s smarter than everyone else that if Gurley’s leg fell off tomorrow he’d claim it was not proof that he was hurt during the Super Bowl and that McVey made a conscious decision to not use a guy that carried his team all season - and not use him as the weapon he was in the passing game - because Gurley just isn’t any good.

I like tjnc09. He reached out to me once when I was in a baseball argument with someone on the board. 

That said, he was arguing that Gurley wasn't that good at first. It's not really a great premise to begin with, and I'll stop for the reasons you laid out in your last post. We'll all see what happens during OTAs, into camp, and then into the regular season. Only time will tell.  

Certainly sounds like Gurley has articular cartilage damage in that knee. Guess the Rams could say that it wasn’t an acute injury. Nonetheless, I don’t want anything to do with him at his adp. 

2 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Certainly sounds like Gurley has articular cartilage damage in that knee. Guess the Rams could say that it wasn’t an acute injury. Nonetheless, I don’t want anything to do with him at his adp

This is really where the thread should be going. I'd have a hard time taking him with anything higher than a seven, really, especially in PPR, as somebody upthread pointed out.

Just now, rockaction said:

I like tjnc09. He reached out to me once when I was in a baseball argument with someone on the board. 

That said, he was arguing that Gurley wasn't that good at first. It's not really a great premise to begin with, and I'll stop for the reasons you laid out in your last post. We'll all see what happens during OTAs, into camp, and then into the regular season. Only time will tell.  

I have nothing against him personally. I see he’s very argumentative in most topics (specifically here and the NBA thread and throws around that laughing emoji very often at other people’s opinions - which to me says he’s trying to show he’s so much smarter than the person he’s engaging with.

the shame is he is a smart guy and does make valid points but has no humility at all. That turns me off, but I’m also a “live and let live” type so generally don’t care.

here he’s now being purposely obtuse by highlighting the word “if” as if that’s some big gotcha moment instead of acknowledging what this latest story is actually saying. That frankly deserved his typical response of the laughing emoji.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I have nothing against him personally. I see he’s very argumentative in most topics (specifically here and the NBA thread and throws around that laughing emoji very often at other people’s opinions - which to me says he’s trying to show he’s so much smarter than the person he’s engaging with.

the shame is he is a smart guy and does make valid points but has no humility at all. That turns me off, but I’m also a “live and let live” type so generally don’t care.

here he’s now being purposely obtuse by highlighting the word “if” as if that’s some big gotcha moment instead of acknowledging what this latest story is actually saying. That frankly deserved his typical response of the laughing emoji.

Yeah, I've seen the NBA thread. I generally also do the "live and let live" thing and know how those threads can get when you're the only one with a contravening opinion to the maddening crowd.  

But yes, I think the "if" thing didn't deserve the A-ha! moment it got on his end.  

• Like 1

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports Todd Gurley has arthritis in his knee.

This explains what Gurley was dealing with throughout the playoffs. Gurley's knee wasn't 100 percent for most of 2018, but it was magnified after a setback against the Eagles in Week 15. Gurley is considering stem cell treatment this offseason to help with the arthritis. There are some career outlook concerns with Gurley's knee condition. The Rams are likely to scale back Gurley's workload in 2019.

• Like 1

Dropping Gurley 5 spots in my overall dynasty rankings on this news.  Could be more or less as we get some clarity, but as of right now I add +2 yrs to his age when thinking about his future value

A lot of saying the same thing over and over and over.  I’ll quit reading this thread until next season when Gurley is tearing up the league again.

I dont think he's done, but I think he may be done being a 300 carry back. 

Kills me. I havent graded a RB as high as him, likely in my lifetime. This guy was HoF calibre in college. 

Would be so disappointing to see him not get there, because he is an absolute freak of a RB. 

Even more disappointing, I never got to own him in our keeper or dynasty

11 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

I dont think he's done, but I think he may be done being a 300 carry back. 

Kills me. I havent graded a RB as high as him, likely in my lifetime. This guy was HoF calibre in college. 

Would be so disappointing to see him not get there, because he is an absolute freak of a RB. 

Even more disappointing, I never got to own him in our keeper or dynasty

Agree. He’s not done but he’ll never see workloads like the last two years ever again. We’re also destined to be dealing with “flare ups” at any time making it hard to trust him.  Going to always be waiting for what happened at the end of the season to happen again at any moment.    

Sucks. This is absolutely a time where I wish I (we) was wrong.  Honestly would have much prefer’d McVays poor play calling as being the real issue. As a Rams fan and Gurley owner this sucks.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

At this point there’s no reason to even respond to him. His “proof” will always be better and he’ll perform mental gymnastics to discredit anything that counters it. This recent example shows the ridiculous lengths he’ll go to be right.

There is no credibility to the stem cell treatment.  It was a hypothetical question asked by a reporter to which McVay denied it was actually happening.

$500 bet payable to the Chance for Hope Foundation.

A named source from the Rams confirms he received stem cell treatment before the 2019 offseason starts, I pay.  "Anonymous team source" does not count.

No confirmed treatment before then and a collection of anyone who has disagreed with me can join up and pay.

4 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports Todd Gurley has arthritis in his knee.

I'm dubious on this report myself. Rams beat writers have been all over this story for weeks but a Patriot beat writer happens to have the scoop?

3 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

There is no credibility to the stem cell treatment.  It was a hypothetical question asked by a reporter to which McVay denied it was actually happening.

$500 bet payable to the Chance for Hope Foundation.

A named source from the Rams confirms he received stem cell treatment before the 2019 offseason starts, I pay.  "Anonymous team source" does not count.

No confirmed treatment before then and a collection of anyone who has disagreed with me can join up and pay.

Read my recent posts in this thread and see if I think you’re worth replying  to anymore and I’m not interested in playing word games with you. I never said there was any guarantee he’d get stem cell treatment. I’m sure you’d try and find a way to say you were right even if he did end up getting the treatment though. Even the way you word this bet and the parameters you place on it is so disingenuous to the overall point I was making, it only further makes my point about you. Look how narrow you made it in your favor.

Like I said if his knee ends up being fine, we hear no news on it going forward, and he’s out there in OTAs,  I’ll admit I was wrong.

You can now beat your chest and say I was afraid to bet with you. Have a great day.

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 1

What RB doesn't have some sort of arthritis?  It's inflammation in a joint, and there are 100's of types.  

3 minutes ago, beef said:

What RB doesn't have some sort of arthritis?  It's inflammation in a joint, and there are 100's of types.  

Can only go by the reports since nothing has been verified but given the possible stem cell treatment, it sounds like cartilage damage that’s causing the arthritis.

And this is why WR are more valuable Dynasty assets. 

It's just the recent wave of RBs and the relative lack of WRs in recent drafts that has the community thinking otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

It's just the recent wave of RBs and the relative lack of WRs in recent drafts that has the community thinking otherwise. 

Think everyone knows RBs have shorter careers but the top flight guys are league winners. 3-4 400 point plus seasons from a RB are worth most WRs careers.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

I still think stud RB's are far more inclined to be league winners so always got to weight that into the equation. But I'd take 4-5 years of stud RB1 production over 6-7 years of stud WR1 production myself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fruity pebbles said:

Think everyone knows RBs have shorter careers but the top flight guys are league winners. 3-4 400 point plus seasons from a RB are worth most WRs careers.

What I was saying but posted after I saw this.

1 hour ago, fruity pebbles said:

Agree 100%.

6 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

I can see this argument.

In my view it's just too hard to catch that RB lightning in a bottle at the time when it aligns with everything else on your team going right. I'd prefer to be loaded up long term with WRs because I want to be competitive for a long time.  So many times I've had the best team and lost in the playoffs... To me it's more about being there every year and having my best players healthy for those playoff weeks to give me the best shot at winning titles, and I think building around young WR as my cornerstones gives me more cracks at it as well as giving me more chances of the player being healthy. 

I would also add that in PPR leagues there are always way undervalued assets in the pass catching backs like James White, Chris Thompson, etc. that are better at filling in for bad RBs than what you can get cheap at WR.  There are also waiver wire RBs that you can grab who are the benefactors of multiple injuries like Damien Williams this year. It's a lot harder to find WR that you can just plug in and get big points from. 

Edited by kittenmittens

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/13/sean-mcvay-on-todd-gurley-arthritis-report-theres-wear-and-tear-in-the-knee/

General Manager Les Snead and head coach Sean McVay were both asked about the recent report that running back Todd Gurley is dealing with arthritis in his knee. Snead said nothing definitive about a diagnosis while adding there are “shades of gray of how fresh you are and what that reason is.”

“I don’t know exactly, medically, when you categorize what arthritis is, but I’ve never seen a guy on the medical report or on the injury report with that,” McVay said, via the Los Angeles Times. “And I think if you just said, ‘Is there a wear and tear? Was there a pounding that that knee took?’ Absolutely. … He’s the only one that can really talk specifically about how his body feels.”

Gurley missed two games at the end of the regular season with knee problems and his limited role in the final two playoff games led to questions about whether it was still an issue. The team and Gurley said it wasn’t and there’s no surgery planned, but there’s been talk of alternative therapies to get him ready for the 2019 season.

clear as mud - they are being vague for a reason imo. It does seem that the knee is not/was not right though.