What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Home insurance recommendations? (1 Viewer)

fasteddie_21

2006 NM Poker Champ
We've had Amica, based on reviews, since we bought our house 2 years ago. However, our rates keep going up, a LOT. Considerable rate increases both years.

So we'd like recommendations from you guys, please?

Some details for us:

Colorado, no flood plain. Car insurance thru Geico. No home claims ever.

Honestly just get the cheapest. If you have a claim they're all going to treat you like crap.

I live in Florida which has a guarantee fund to protect against insolvent insurers. Check your states laws.

Everyone seems in the same ballpark, save for Esurance which is alarmingly low. Like half every other insurer that we've gotten quotes from. That scares me off of esurance....

We've had Amica, based on reviews, since we bought our house 2 years ago. However, our rates keep going up, a LOT. Considerable rate increases both years.

So we'd like recommendations from you guys, please?

Some details for us:

Colorado, no flood plain. Car insurance thru Geico. No home claims ever.
The metro Denver area has been blasted with hail the last few years and I think its driving up everybody's insurance in the area.

I use the same company as my car insurance and get a multi-policy discount. It looks like Geico has this as well. I think the discount is on the car insurance though, so it may not show in the quotes on homeowners. Might have to call them to check.

Check out Consumer Reports and JD Power rankings...Amica is a highly rated company...

I work for USAA, so if you or your spouse have served in the military with an honorable or medical discharge you would be eligible...or if either one of your parents have, then you could join under them if they become members themselves...

Bump....I've had AAA for years, but despite no claims our car/house insurance rates have gone up 200% in three years.  I'll be shopping for new plans on Monday.  Can't apply for usaa

Users who are viewing this thread