What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why do we keep putting up with the South? (1 Viewer)

One thing I hate about Oklahoma? Their stupid northern accents. :angry:
It's my least favorite R & H musical. There are two good songs: "Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'" and "Surrey With the Fringe On Top", and one decent song: "Oklahoma!". The rest of the songs are awful. The storyline is awful. Compared to South Pacific, The King and I, and the Sound of Music, it kinda sucks.

One thing I hate about Oklahoma? Their stupid northern accents. :angry:
It's my least favorite R & H musical. There are two good songs: "Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'" and "Surrey With the Fringe On Top", and one decent song: "Oklahoma!". The rest of the songs are awful. The storyline is awful. Compared to South Pacific, The King and I, and the Sound of Music, it kinda sucks.
You never would have seen or heard any of those if it weren't for Broadway in New York!

Back to the original question:

Why do we keep putting up with the South?
What, exactly, do you plan to do about it?
I believe the proposal is to stop putting up with the south.
And how would that go down?

What're we talkin' here?
The north's mistake was to reinstate the south to statehood.

The fix is to redact their statehood, making the south just one big Puerto Rico. You'll still be US citizens. We just won't have to put up with you in DC any longer.

Politician Spock said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Politician Spock said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:

What're we talkin' here?

The fix is to redact their statehood, making the south just one big Puerto Rico. You'll still be US citizens. We just won't have to put up with you in DC any longer.
Deal. Treat us just like Puerto Rico. No federal income tax.

Agreed. If I don't pay taxes you Yankees can continue to screw the country up all you like as long as you don't take my guns.

Hell yes...treat us like PR...then watch us up the rates on you "foreigners" coming down for vacation.
The south would be a third world country if we kicked them out. No one's going to be looking to vacation there.
It's true, we only have 4 of the top 10 most visited cities in the U.S., including #1.
Skewed by all the Southerners visiting them. The 76 Camaro parked on the lawn cant make it all the way to the superior northern/western cities.

Looks like the North stopped fighting.
I think they got bored of the south's weak argument.
Every once in awhile some Sons of Jefferson Davis Hogg put down their whittlin and scrub board playin and all get worked up about the North. They hoot and holler about how the South is better, how they'd be better off without the North and how much the North sucks. Then they declare the South to be something or other, they get tired and then retire back to their porches and moonshine jug blowing. Yes....they have better spices and yes...their women are generally better looking until they get to be about 22 and discover the joys of the tub of Miracle Whip.....but other than that, they are the regional Charlie Brown; eternally doomed to have the football pulled away everytime they think they're going to kick it.
I think you're misrepresenting who started this thread. Also, a semicolon is used when there's a whole sentence in the next clause.
I didn't realize Smoo moved South?
Are you asking me or telling me?If you're going to claim an education and intelligence advantage over a whole group of people, you should probably make sure you don't look like a moron while you do it. However, I think that fits with the North's M.O.; you don't have more education or intelligence, you have more hubris and unearned airs of superiority. You also may have an unopened leather bound coffee table version of Strunk & White's Elements Of Style - just for show.
When one starts to correct internet grammar, they've pretty much lost the fight. I'll take that as a white flag from you.
When it's just "one" the proper pronoun is "he" or "she."And when one claims that his opponent has no education, he had better understand basic English.
I except you're surrender.

Every once in awhile some Sons of Jefferson Davis Hogg put down their whittlin and scrub board playin and all get worked up about the North. They hoot and holler about how the South is better, how they'd be better off without the North and how much the North sucks. Then they declare the South to be something or other, they get tired and then retire back to their porches and moonshine jug blowing. Yes....they have better spices and yes...their women are generally better looking until they get to be about 22 and discover the joys of the tub of Miracle Whip.....but other than that, they are the regional Charlie Brown; eternally doomed to have the football pulled away everytime they think they're going to kick it.
I think you're misrepresenting who started this thread. Also, a semicolon is used when there's a whole sentence in the next clause.
Are you asking me or telling me?If you're going to claim an education and intelligence advantage over a whole group of people, you should probably make sure you don't look like a moron while you do it. However, I think that fits with the North's M.O.; you don't have more education or intelligence, you have more hubris and unearned airs of superiority. You also may have an unopened leather bound coffee table version of Strunk & White's Elements Of Style - just for show.
When one starts to correct internet grammar, they've pretty much lost the fight. I'll take that as a white flag from you.
When it's just "one" the proper pronoun is "he" or "she."And when one claims that his opponent has no education, he had better understand basic English.
Bless your heart.

Bless your heart.
Thank you. To you and yours as well.

Politician Spock said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Politician Spock said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:

What're we talkin' here?

Hell, I'd be willing to learn Louisiana civil law for that.

Politician Spock said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Politician Spock said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:

What're we talkin' here?
The north's mistake was to reinstate the south to statehood.The fix is to redact their statehood, making the south just one big Puerto Rico. You'll still be US citizens. We just won't have to put up with you in DC any longer.
Hell, I'd be willing to learn Louisiana civil law for that.
I can get you through the bar. We need two weeks, twelve bottles of reasonably decent scotch, and one hundred forty pounds of crawfish.

What're we talkin' here?

At last a concrete proposal.

With great power comes great responsibility. It's not that great, the South isn't all that responsible.

And Puerto Rico has a great deal, by the way, many might take this.

I'm actually reading through this thread, wondering why the people living up North think they are living in the superior region. As someone who has spent approximately 50% of my life living in both places, I just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually reading through this thread, wondering why the people living up North think they are living in the superior region. As someone who has spent approximately 50% of my life living in both places, I just don't get it.
the bugs and the heat mainly

I'm okay with being used to bugs and heat. I'm not okay with getting used to living around a bunch of people I wouldn't say "hello" to on the street and who would be creeped out if I did.

What're we talkin' here?

With great power comes great responsibility. It's not that great, the South isn't all that responsible.

After you take it, congress will decide to increase taxes New Puerto Rico.

What're we talkin' here?

Well territories are excluded from the ACA, so there's that.

What're we talkin' here?
The north's mistake was to reinstate the south to statehood.The fix is to redact their statehood, making the south just one big Puerto Rico. You'll still be US citizens. We just won't have to put up with you in DC any longer.

then there would probably be a Puerto Rico style referendum to secede from the United States.

What're we talkin' here?

then there would probably be a Puerto Rico style referendum to secede from the United States.
:bye:

What're we talkin' here?

: :bye:
WE TRIED.

I'm okay with being used to bugs and heat. I'm not okay with getting used to living around a bunch of people I wouldn't say "hello" to on the street and who would be creeped out if I did.
And the rodents, my God the rodents!

Megan Fox

Jack Daniels

Summer Glau

Kentucky Derby

The Masters Golf Tournament

Bluegrass

Delta Blues

Mardi Gras

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Manatees

Spring Break

Caitlin Upton

Last edited by a moderator:
According to a paper titled "Unhappy Cities" published this week by the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research, the happiest and unhappiest cities in America are as follows:

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

5. Evansville-Henderson, IN

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

10. Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, PA

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/us-unhappiest-cities_n_5606503.html
9 out of 10 of the happiest cities in America are located in the South whereas 10 out of 10 of the unhappiest cities are located in the North.

According to a paper titled "Unhappy Cities" published this week by the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research, the happiest and unhappiest cities in America are as follows:

Happiest Cities

1. Lafayette, LA

2. Houma, LA

3. Shreveport, LA

4. Baton Rouge, LA

5. Alexandria, LA

6. Rochester, MN

7. Corpus Christi, TX

8. Lake Charles, LA

9. Nashville, TN

10. Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Unhappiest Cities

1. New York, NY

2. St. Joseph, MO

3. South Bend, IN

4. Erie, PA

5. Evansville-Henderson, IN

6. Toledo, OH

7. Detroit, MI

8. Jersey City, NJ

9. Gary, IN

10. Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, PA

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/us-unhappiest-cities_n_5606503.html
9 out of 10 of the happiest cities in America are located in the South whereas 10 out of 10 of the unhappiest cities are located in the North.
Ignorance is bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread