What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why do we keep putting up with the South? (1 Viewer)

Need a recap, everyone feel free to embellish.

South dominates: Weather, hot chicks, indigenous cuisine, music, literature, collegiate athletics, NBA basketball and accents.

North dominates: Lawyers, comedians, tall buildings, mass transit, snow plows, and TV shows with cops.

West dominates: smug silence.
Whoah, whoah, whoah. I've never lost an argument or a trial to a Northern lawyer. And you've clearly never seen Steven Seagal, Lawman.
I meant to say patent lawyers and contract lawyers.
The court that handles the most patent litigation in the country is in Texas.

South dominates: Weather, hot chicks, indigenous cuisine, music, literature, collegiate athletics, NBA basketball and accents.

North dominates: Lawyers, comedians, tall buildings, mass transit, snow plows, and TV shows with cops.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. I've never lost an argument or a trial to a Northern lawyer. And you've clearly never seen Steven Seagal, Lawman.
Wow, really? Didn't expect that. Really assumed D.C.

Welcome aboard, Otis.

E.D. Tex. (though second place is typically Delaware and the North may have a few more cases in the aggregate than courts in the South).

Last edited by a moderator:

That's in part because the plaintiffs love the jury pool of simpletons. :thumbup:

DC is where the Federal Circuit fixes all of the EDTX screw-ups.

DC is where the Federal Circuit fixes all of the EDTX screw-ups.
Good thing you guys are using that map that puts Maryland in the South.

I grw up and ws scholed in the souh. We sur can read an writ with any on from the norh. I movd to da norh for a beter paying job. Sa befor yu all make fun of us ya beter chk ya own closts. NAS car is da word cup of the souh so don't ye al make fn of us, ya hear,
You're trying too hard.
He has been for years...since going from a Vikings fan to a Packers fan and pretending like nobody noticed.

You want to earn the most money possible, where are you going? In the majority of the south, your income is capped, in NYC earnings potential is basically the sky.

Also, I see more hot wimmins on a day to day than most of you do on a yearly basis.

Women, money = north

fantasycurse42 said:
You want to earn the most money possible, where are you going? In the majority of the south, your income is capped, in NYC earnings potential is basically the sky.

Also, I see more hot wimmins on a day to day than most of you do on a yearly basis.

Women, money = north
When adjusted for cost of living, median salary in NYC ranks 41st out of the nation's 51 largest metro areas.

http://www.newgeography.com/content/002950-the-cities-where-a-paycheck-stretches-the-furthest

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
When adjusted for cost of living, median salary in NYC ranks 41st out of the nation's 51 largest metro areas.http://www.newgeography.com/content/002950-the-cities-where-a-paycheck-stretches-the-furthest
Maybe median, but the ceiling/potential here is way beyond almost anywhere in the world.

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
Fewer rats per steakhouse in the South.

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
Rat tail is a delicacy around these parts, point for the north :thumbup:

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
When adjusted for cost of living, median salary in NYC ranks 41st out of the nation's 51 largest metro areas.http://www.newgeography.com/content/002950-the-cities-where-a-paycheck-stretches-the-furthest
Maybe median, but the ceiling/potential here is way beyond almost anywhere in the world.
Well, we can't all manage hedge funds and ponzi schemes.

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
You realize that nothing you posted here is correct, right?

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
I mean, where does he think this guy is from? New York City??

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
Rat tail is a delicacy around these parts, point for the north :thumbup:
We call those hot dogs.

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
I see 100's if not 1000's of gorgeous wimmins every day! The ratio here is 53%W/47%M...

In terms of income potential, if you want in finance, obviously NYC... Tech you need SF or NYC.

W.T.H. is going on in here? 33 pages on this? Wow, people, wow.
Join a side or get out.
I'm in Missouri. We were pretty much split during the Civil War and I'm split now.
Somewhere way back on the earlier pages, Missouri started in the North. But then the North gave MO to the South. I can see why you might feel split. Just so you know, though, the South is totally dominating this war so best to stick with us. The North has NYC and poutine. The South has everything else.

fantasycurse42 said:

Women, money = north
I see 100's if not 1000's of gorgeous wimmins every day! The ratio here is 53%W/47%M...In terms of income potential, if you want in finance, obviously NYC... Tech you need SF or NYC.
If the South had anywhere with NY's density, you'd see more than 1000s there.

You'd think after 33 pages the South would realize it's not just the North wondering why we keep putting up with the south. The Midwest and West are wondering too. Canada and Mexico have even mentioned it's gone on long enough.

You'd think after 33 pages the South would realize it's not just the North wondering why we keep putting up with the south. The Midwest and West are wondering too. Canada and Mexico have even mentioned it's gone on long enough.
Your horse is dead.
True. Died back in 1909. We've using cars up here in the norh since then.
Went for a ride a few weeks ago. Reminds me why I love the South.

I have Southern roots and have lived in the South for much of my life (not now). Granted, it was New Orleans, which is the coolest place in the South.

But let me see if I have this straight:

South has the most obese people.

South has the lowest literacy/education rates.

South has the highest welfare/food stamp rates.

South has the highest incarceration rates.

South has the most KooKs.

So....the South is the best because you can buy cheap Chinese crap from Walmart and thus your lower salary stretches farther?

Did I miss anything?

I have Southern roots and have lived in the South for much of my life (not now). Granted, it was New Orleans, which is the coolest place in the South.

So....the South is the best because you can buy cheap Chinese crap from Walmart and thus your lower salary stretches farther?

Did I miss anything?
Music, climate, attractive women. (WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS)

Pretty sure cheap Chinese crap is a big hit in a back yard near you.

Did I miss anything?
Guess New Orleans didn't really make much of an impression on you.

Did I miss anything?
Guess New Orleans didn't really make much of an impression on you.
Huge impression, took a NO girl out with me when I left. We are back all the time--going down for a week Saturday. You know NO isnt like the rest of the South.

My intense love of NO doesnt change the horror of kudzu covered broke scrub white trash counties in rural South Carolina, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, etc.

I don't think there is any denying that the south has a disproportionate kook representation. Hell, Florida + Texas probably has the rest of the country beat.

Users who are viewing this thread