What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why do we keep putting up with the South? (2 Viewers)

"I've always thought Thaddeus Stevens was bigoted in his views about the South, but now that I've had to deal with them up close, I'm not so sure he wasn't right."

- John F. Kennedy

NASCAR is so, so awful. I went once. Bottom 5 day in my whole life.
Jesus, why would you go to NASCAR? That's way more redneck than anything I've ever done.
Otis lives life to the fullest.
I can see picking up a t***** or murdering a hobo or something, but NASCAR?

Edit: I would like to apologize for using this word.  It was inappropriate and a terrible word. I should not have done so. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall the food taste better in the South. Oh, and those southern bells are so sweet. The rain smells better also.

Overall the food taste better in the South.
Grits??!!??

And have you tried the "pizza" down there???
I hate grits and that's one item. NY pizza is greasy as hell and as limp as a 85 year old man. I just had good pizza in Washington DC. I can't remember the name of the place, but it was delicious. You can get good and bad pizza anywhere. The secret to good pizza is the crust and the sauce. All the rest of the toppings are about the same anywhere. I love southern cooking, such as fried chicken, ham (both country and sweet), barbecue, brisket, greens, crawfish, corn bread, pecan pie, you can't get good biscuits and gravy anywhere but in the south, catfish, hush puppies, fried okra, cobbler, red beans and rice, chicken fried steak, Jambalaya, fried green tomatoes, bread pudding, gumbo, banana pudding, sweet tea, bourbon (wink), chicken and dumplings, Ky Hot Brown, Burgoo, just to name a few.

Grits??!!??

I hate grits and that's one item. NY pizza is greasy as hell and as limp as a 85 year old man. I just had good pizza in Washington DC. I can't remember the name of the place, but it was delicious. You can get good and bad pizza anywhere. The secret to good pizza is the crust and the sauce. All the rest of the toppings are about the same anywhere. I love southern cooking, such as fried chicken, ham (both country and sweet), barbecue, brisket, greens, crawfish, corn bread, pecan pie, you can't get good biscuits and gravy anywhere but in the south, catfish, hush puppies, fried okra, cobbler, red beans and rice, chicken fried steak, Jambalaya, fried green tomatoes, bread pudding, gumbo, banana pudding, sweet tea, bourbon (wink), chicken and dumplings, Ky Hot Brown, Burgoo, just to name a few.
You can get all that stuff just about anywhere in the country that has a sizeable population; particularly African American. There are very few regional specialties that are solely regional anymore.

Grits??!!??And have you tried the "pizza" down there???
You can get all that stuff just about anywhere in the country that has a sizeable population; particularly African American. There are very few regional specialties that are solely regional anymore.
You can get pizza in Mississippi, too, but it isn't as good as in NY or Chicago. The versions of those that you get outside of the south arent even close to as good.

Actually added grits to the dinner menu now tonight just because of this thread.
Actually added grits to the dinner menu now tonight just because of this thread.
Seriously thinking about it.
After dinner you guys going to turn the fire hoses on some coloreds?
THANK YOU
Yeah, you Ny'ers like to leave the hoses at home and just shoot them 41 times or sodomize them with broom handles.

No. I don't usually hose down my dinner guests the help.

Probably not. I'm having dinner with people who were born on five different continents tonight. Lots of diversity at your table this evening?

Probably not. I'm having dinner with people who were born on five different continents tonight. Lots of diversity at your table this evening?
Hell no. I don't like people.

Also, one of them is a Nigerian politician. I will let you know if I need a bank account number to save his uncle's fortune.

Hell no. I don't like black people.
I see.

Bakersfield: beacon of racial diversity and harmony.
Yep. I remember when we were forced (at near rifle point) to desegregate our public schools in the 1950s and 1960s. Oh wait...

And it's pretty embarrassing that we have a school and theater named after our own Roger Taney.

Check that. I mean Earl Warren.

Hell no. I don't like black people.
I see.
:shrug: I don't feel the need to specify. That must be a Southern thing.

Pro tip: everywhere sucks if you just want to point out faults about it in an FFA rant style. Anyone who can't look at a thread like this (be it anti-south, anti-california, anti Jersey, whatever) and just laugh about it is on some very srsd business.

The south is generally pretty nice as long as you stay within 25 miles of major cities.

Pro tip: everywhere sucks if you just want to point out faults about it in an FFA rant style. Anyone who can't look at a thread like this (be it anti-south, anti-california, anti Jersey, whatever) and just laugh about it is on some very srsd business.

The south is generally pretty nice as long as you stay within 25 miles of major cities.
Whatever you have to tell yourself about Pittsburgh...

Grits??!!??And have you tried the "pizza" down there???
You can get pizza in Mississippi, too, but it isn't as good as in NY or Chicago. The versions of those that you get outside of the south arent even close to as good.
Meh....I don't buy that wholeheartedly. Yes...the overall average consistency is probably higher as there's a higher concentration of people who cook like minded.....but I'm not buying that there's no way people can't learn to cook Southern or Southerners can't transplant and set up shop elsewhere.

All falsehoods BTW

I've lived on the West Coast, in the Northeast, the Midwest and the South. All have their pros and cons. If I was independently wealthy and didn't have to work or worry about cost of living and taxes, I'd have a place in Manhattan and a place on the water in Orange County, CA. But as a normal stiff who has to commute to a regular job and raise a family, I'm happy with my decision to do that in Texas.

I've lived in the south for 20+ years, Cleetus.

P.S. If I HAD to work in NYC, I'd live in Manhattan. Commuting from suburbia an hour and a half away pretty much eliminates most of what I enjoy about city life (no offense O).

Grits??!!??

Getting it and getting it done right are two different things.

I've lived in the south for 20+ years, Cleetus.
:lmao:

Grits??!!??

That idea is overrated...and believe me, I hear it all the time from the Philly jabronis who swear that you can't get a good Cheesesteak South of Pattison Ave. in Philadelphia.

P.S. If I HAD to work in NYC, I'd live in Manhattan. Commuting from suburbia an hour and a half away pretty much eliminates most of what I enjoy about city life (no offense O).
Kids raised in Manhattan are some of the most screwed up kids on the planet. If I were single, no question. Otherwise, hell no.

If my wife would let us vacate the NY area, I'd go somewhere out west. Wyoming, or Montana, or something. Maybe a suburb of Portland or Denver. Maybe one day.

But the south? omgjesusno

Grits??!!??

That idea is overrated...and believe me, I hear it all the time from the Philly jabronis who swear that you can't get a good Cheesesteak South of Pattison Ave. in Philadelphia.
I disagree.

I would choose most of those states over mine if it was a real possibility. Frankly I could love in the Carolinas and be perfectly content in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread