What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Anarchy Draft - League 3 (1 Viewer)

Woohoo! Got the guy I wanted. Had Dem. Thomas after him but I got the guy I needed. He's good for ten games before injury so I'm good.

Come on, Calvin... don't get injured.

So.

I forget... is there a clock on this?

LOL... Just read above......

Last edited by a moderator:
Inch by Inch is on the road with limited internet access. I tried to get him to tell me who he wanted, but I have not heard back as of yet. He said he would be back tomorrow at some point.

He's on the clock for us in Anarxhy league 8 for the past 12-14 hours can you let him know if you are able to contact him? Array error when tried to pm. Thanks.

Inch by Inch is on the road with limited internet access. I tried to get him to tell me who he wanted, but I have not heard back as of yet. He said he would be back tomorrow at some point.
Must be very limited. Is he in North Korea or something?

I had julio and Andrew luck Pre-drafted

Had to swerve, dont worry im always around

I think Brady rolls to the superbowl this year with those improvements on D and Gronk healthy, Im less worried about an ACL than I would be if it was his back/forearm

Zwk killing me. Julio and Andre, nice job.

Bss with Ryan too. Each dang pick lol.

5 rings get sniped again? I thought he pre drafted but his pick is up and nothing,.

I missed Patterson by 1 pick :rant:

However I do like my start:

Patriots QB

Falcons QB

Chris Johnson

Dez Bryant

Jordan Reed

5 rings get sniped again? I thought he pre drafted but his pick is up and nothing,.

Patriots QB

Falcons QB

Chris Johnson

Dez Bryant

Jordan Reed
Yup. I had 3 guys on pre-draft. They went in order.

This is odd that we seem to sit during the day, but then guys draft in the middle of the night.

Patriots QB

Falcons QB

Chris Johnson

Dez Bryant

Jordan Reed

This is odd that we seem to sit during the day, but then guys draft in the middle of the night.
ZWK was pre-drafted as well, but im sure his list was cleaned out

Patriots QB

Falcons QB

Chris Johnson

Dez Bryant

Jordan Reed

I see you ignored my vampire question, Mr. Dracula. :lol:

Patriots QB

Falcons QB

Chris Johnson

Dez Bryant

Jordan Reed

I see you ignored my vampire question, Mr. Dracula. :lol:
im stumped, seems like people check in on Saturday nights or something

team is rounding into shape

PATS qb

Flacons qb

Chris Johnson

Jonathan Stewart

Dez Bryant

Jeremy Maclin

Tavon Austin

Justin Hunter

Jordan Reed

Eric Ebron

I am wondering if Mario Kart has been locked in a closet or was just kidding around suggesting that Jamaal Charles was going to hold out until Week 8, given that he already got a new contract and all.

I am wondering if Mario Kart has been locked in a closet or was just kidding around suggesting that Jamaal Charles was going to hold out until Week 8, given that he already got a new contract and all.
I think he is in too much of a hurry. :2cents: :shrug:

final sqaud:

TMQB _ PATS

TMQB _ Falcons

Chris Johnson

Jonathon Stewart

Darren Sproles

Tre mason

Dez bryant

Jeremy Maclin

Justin Hunter

Tavon Austin

Miles Austin

Jordan Reed

Eric Ebron

Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Nick Novak

Blair Walsh

NYJ

Oakland

Meh

My general approach: have a draft list based on projections and a VBD-like adjustment (with bonuses for playoff value). Try to stay relatively close to my draft list with a bit of fudging (especially later in the draft)

1.14 WR Brandon Marshall CHI, 2.03 WR Julio Jones ATL, 3.14 TE Greg Olsen CAR, 4.03 WR Andre Johnson HOU
In the early rounds, don't screw around with positional balance. Take the guys who will score a lot of points. That is usually mostly WRs & TEs in these leagues - my impression this year is that RBs were getting overdrafted, as were QBs outside the top 3. I got 3 elite WRs with these picks, along with a TE who is probably his team's top receiver. Julio's foot and Andre's holdout are a bit of a concern, but I'm less concerned about that sort of risk in this league than in other formats since it's a 16-team league and I'm going to need some breaks to go my way to win it.

5.14 RB Frank Gore SF, 6.03 WR T.Y. Hilton IND
Once Roddy White (5.08) went off the board, the positional values were more balanced. That meant it was time to pay a little more attention to need. I was hoping Bush, C Johnson, or Sankey would fall, but settled for Gore (who has pretty good odds of only a modest decline in production from last year). Any of the RBs available at 6.03 would've been a reach, which left me choosing between Hilton, Wright, and Heath Miller; Hilton seemed like the safest option of the 3.

7.14 RB Pierre Thomas NO, 8.03 QB Dolphins (Tannehill) MIA
Similar to the 5/6 turn, most of the RBs I liked didn't make it to me so I settled for one (Thomas, who is likely to retain a big role in passing game with Sproles gone) and then looked elsewhere on the flipside. Tannehill is a safe bet to be decent; basically the next David Garrard with a little upside on account of his youth.

9.14 WR Greg Jennings MIN, 10.03 RB Knowshon Moreno MIA
Was hoping for FJax and/or MJD on this turn. Jennings has a nice combination of safety (very good chances of being a top 50 WR) and upside (look at what he did last year while Cassel was at QB). I'm not thrilled with Moreno here - I normally don't like RBs in this format who might end up only playing a bit part in their offense - but I feel like he still has a chance to beat out Miller for the lead job. And the next set of RBs had major concerns about injuries (Stewart, McFadden) or their role (West, Hyde).

11.14 QB Browns (Manziel/Hoyer) CLE, 12.03 PK Justin Tucker BAL
I'd been eyeing Johnny for a few rounds. QB Browns is a boom or bust pick which could finish dead last (Hoyer to Burleson?) or top 10 (Johnny rushing for 700/7?). I'll take that gamble here, now that the R/W/T group has thinned out. Also worth looking at Def & PK options now; I went with a kicker because the safe starters run out.

13.14 WR Odell Beckham NYG, 14.03 PK Graham Gano CAR
Rookie WRs who seem headed for starting roles (at least in 3 WR sets, for teams who use a lot of them) offer a nice mix of safety & upside at this point in the draft. Just missed out on Lee, but I like Beckham too (in part because I'm not sold on Rueben Randle). I still need a RB & a TE but I suspect that there won't be much dropoff there over the next two rounds, so I was okay with taking my flex WR and my second safe good kicker.

15.14 RB Shonn Greene TEN, 16.03 TE Zach Miller SEA
Boringest pick combo in the draft? A couple veterans with relatively safe, modest roles. I'd been targeting Chandler as my TE2 but settled for someone with even less upside.

17.14 Def Washington Redskins WAS, 18.03 Def Atlanta Falcons ATL
Glad to be able to wait this long and not get stuck with Oakland or Jacksonville. Defenses are unpredictable, so getting these two is not so bad. Though if I'd known how far some kickers with safe jobs would fall (like Scobee & Cundiff) then I probably would've grabbed my defenses sooner (e.g., New Orleans & Buffalo) and waited on kicker.

I'm not thrilled with this team - it seemed like value wasn't falling the way it sometimes does - but I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, with a nice mix of safety & upside.

Have fun playing for 2nd place fellas. This thing is locked up and I'm out in front with a shield of red shells after I dropped my string of banana's on the bridge. No blue shell will catch me because I'm too far in front.

"I'm the best!"

Users who are viewing this thread