What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Come Join the 2014 Reunion League (1 Viewer)

Captain Hook

Footballguy
Former MBSL and SSL and WSL players this league was formed after a memorable season here in one of our message board leagues and enjoyed the commeraderie. So same best ball scoring as leagues here but $25 entry with winner take all around $300. PLEASE make a note or send me a PM if you would be interested in joining as we have lost several original participants due to work (?) and other obligations.

PVH

Emails sent from RTS but let's collect responses here.

We need to get everyone "signed up" as quickly as possible and then get to scheduling the draft

IF any former members of the league would like to get back in we do have one opening so please post below and let us know you would like to play this year.

Perry

ETA - Confirmed participants

7/26 ETA - PAID

Captain Hook - PAID

BassnBrew/stinkin ref - PAID

valence - PAID

artist formerly known as MOP

comet - PAID

Pictus Cat - PAID

Beltway Mouthpieces - PAID

Old Milwaukee

Pimpin Aint Easy - PAID

adding from other thread

jeaton6 - PAID

HellToupee - PAID

FUBAR - PAID

Last edited by a moderator:
Team Legacy is out (busier than the proverbial one armed paper hanger but doing a great job at FFToolbox and FFWC)

Which means we need two teams to get to 14

Will update first post with confirmed

PLEASE check IN!

Okay a little better BUT we still have only eight teams - would like to add six, will settle for five BUT

I need YOUR help

think im going to bail on this after being the bottom team just about every year ive done it

I obviously cant adjust to a weekly matchup format

have fun fellas

im in with Bass....

are we open to any discussions about possibly tweeking/clarifying the format a little

Last edited by a moderator:
not trying to step on any toes so please just take this for whats it's worth.....which isn't much, but I know there have been some questions/changes/different formats etc in the past (2 divisions to 1, etc).....

in the past this league had two divisions.....last year it was just one....(believe this was because of the odd number of teams)

IIRC last year at some point during the season it was decided that 4 teams make the playoffs with 3 of those being the top head to head records and the 4th being the next highest total points......this was to reward a team that put up a good amount of points but may have run into the weekly high scorer more than usual...

I would like to offer up a possible suggestion that can give us the best of all worlds.....

assuming we get 14 teams....

2 divisions of 7

play everybody once for a 13 week regular season

6 teams make the playoffs

divison winners get 1st and 2nd seeds and a first round bye (week 14)

next two best head to head records get 3 and 4 seeds (no matter what divison they are in)

5th and 6th seeds are next two total high points

tiebreaker for 1-2 and 3-4 is head to head.....

this would allow us to keep some resemblence of a true head to head league but also since this is a best ball format, it would allow the higher scoring teams a way to get in should they run into the weekly high scorer more often.....

IIRC we have had situations where a team lost the head to head tiebreaker to get in when they had the same record as one of the division winners but then also had less points then the team that got in because of higher total points.....(think a 6-7 ended up getting in over a 9-4 or something)

just a suggestion....not trying to step on any toes....thanks...

Hook - Maybe update the title to indicate you are seeking owners? With a league name like Reunion, it gives the appearance that it may be a closed league. By closed, I mean that it's full and up and running. I know that I didn't look at this thread myself for years.

Is there a solid reason we can't roll with 12? The one thing I did not like was the "Avg" for the 13th or 14th team. If we need 2 owners then we already have 12, right?

Let's ROLL!!!

Is there a solid reason we can't roll with 12? The one thing I did not like was the "Avg" for the 13th or 14th team. If we need 2 owners then we already have 12, right?

Let's ROLL!!!
counting IS a skill Sean - as you can see from update first post we are currently at NINE

that is still a long way from 12 ... I am willing to do a lot of work for this but we NEED more players

Now at 13 - see first post in this thread

When we have fourteen or sooner if I have time I will start to send out invites with infor for new players

First one to post here is in BUT we can take a waiting list so feel free to add yourself to that

The rules and scoring:
18 rounds of drafting
No trading of picks
No trading of players
No free agent pick ups
Serpentine drafting.
No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.

Player Scoring:
Passing TDs = 6 pts
Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts
1 pt per 20 yards passing
1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving
1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)
2 pt per reception (TE)

Kicker Scoring:
3 pts per FG
1 pt per EP
Defense Scoring:
Points Allowed
0 = 5 points
1-6 = 3 points
7-13 = 1 point
14+ = 0 points
Total Yards Allowed
0-199 = 5 points
200-249 = 3 points
250-299 = 1 point
300+ = 0 points
Sack = 1 point
INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points
Safety = 2 points
TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

• Play begins in NFL Week 1.
  • Regular season lasts through NFL Week 13.
  • Post season begins in NFL Week 14.
  • Post season lasts through NFL Week 16.
  • League Standings: Head-to-Head Record

I get that we're using the same lineups as here, but I would really like to add a flex to one of these.

got those guys and first post updated to 7 PAID

that leaves six who are not and then we still need a fourteenth team or cut to first twelve to pay

PVH

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to drop. Just too much going on right now to devote to this. Good luck.

Well two days later we now have 12 signed up and still just 7 paid.

I have done all I can - someone PM/email me when something happens - we either get filled/paid or we just put this league aside this year.

PVH

The rules and scoring:

18 rounds of drafting

No trading of picks

No trading of players

No free agent pick ups

Serpentine drafting.

No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

2 pt per reception (TE)

Kicker Scoring:

3 pts per FG

1 pt per EP

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

0 = 5 points

1-6 = 3 points

7-13 = 1 point

14+ = 0 points

Total Yards Allowed

0-199 = 5 points

200-249 = 3 points

250-299 = 1 point

300+ = 0 points

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 2 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

how will the playoffs work

Stinkin Ref said:
The rules and scoring:

18 rounds of drafting

No trading of picks

No trading of players

No free agent pick ups

Serpentine drafting.

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

2 pt per reception (TE)

Kicker Scoring:

3 pts per FG

1 pt per EP

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

0 = 5 points

1-6 = 3 points

7-13 = 1 point

14+ = 0 points

Total Yards Allowed

0-199 = 5 points

200-249 = 3 points

250-299 = 1 point

300+ = 0 points

Sack = 1 point

Safety = 2 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

how will the playoffs work
How many teams will we have?

Saturday update ...

now 10 PAID (see first post)

need to get Old Milwaukee and MOP checked in

Then need to decide if we are going with 12 or find two more?

Just decided to cut back the # of high-stakes Leagues I'm doing this year. I'd love to play with you guys if you need one more.

Let me know what I need to do from my end.

Sunday Update - we have 10 paid with OM's check on the way - that is 11 solid...

still need MOP, I will send him another email

glad to have Nittany Lion I sent him instructions and if we get BOTH

that would be 13 so we are still looking for ONE MORE

Okay, MOP is PAID, OM check on the way - that is 12

Waiting on Nittany Lion

RTS is out - I will make one more call but otherwise we will draft and score total points on MFL and then do All Play each week since we can't do H2H there

IF anyone has a freebie someplace else, let me know

Okay, MOP is PAID, OM check on the way - that is 12

Waiting on Nittany Lion

RTS is out - I will make one more call but otherwise we will draft and score total points on MFL and then do All Play each week since we can't do H2H there

IF anyone has a freebie someplace else, let me know
Fleaflicker is free.

Teams - 13 ... need one more (or we just use total points)

Fleaflicker - admittedly new to that site but I don't see anyway to set it up for best ball scoring so I think we stick with MFL and I will publish a weekly enewsletter with H2H scores and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread