What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

infantsam said:
So he's a bit of a fill in/waiver dude this year who has done well at times.

Helped me clinch my playoff spot in one league this week.

What happens when they go to a red-hot Buffalo next week? If CLE gets behind? I think that will be a very tough game for CLE and if anyone is going to be the multi-TD guy it is Gordon. That's a whole nother level of D up there and CLE will struggle on D to stop them.

He does clearly look to be the better back though.
The Bills offense is such a juggernaut that the Browns will be way behind and abandon the run? Is that really the gist of this, lol.

The Crow-Boes are fleeing the scene at a record pace. They were wrong, they know they were wrong, and now they are looking up at a white and brown air bomb coming straight for their fat mouths.
Clearly, this is where the term "Eat some crow!" was born.

All kidding aside, I still see something like a 60/40 split being the likely ceiling.

I'm not so sure on that. I mean, Crow is obvsiously more effective. As the playoffs loom, I think if he keeps his fumbling issues under control, he's going to get a pretty good chunk of the workload. At least I think we'll see him get a shot at a big chunk of the workload. He might falter. But if he keeps kicking out 5 yards a carry and scoring touchdowns, he's going to get more action.

I'm not so sure on that. I mean, Crow is obvsiously more effective. As the playoffs loom, I think if he keeps his fumbling issues under control, he's going to get a pretty good chunk of the workload. At least I think we'll see him get a shot at a big chunk of the workload. He might falter. But if he keeps kicking out 5 yards a carry and scoring touchdowns, he's going to get more action.
I hear you but some of these coaches seem sold on a rotation.

The Crow was named a team captain leading up to the game by Browns head coach Mike Pettine.

Isaiah is from the Atlanta area and Pettine said he feels guys show a lil-more in games where they get to go home and said that was his reasoning for making Crowell a captain.

It worked, Isaiah wanted to shine in front of his home town.

Before the game Toni Grossi ESPN beat writer for the Browns tweeted Isaiah was really excited and got out on the field before anyone.

-------

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi HYPERLINK "/TonyGrossi/status/536545608728084480"Nov 23 You think #Browns RB Isaiah Crowell is pumped for his 1st NFL game in his home state? He was first player on field other than the kickers.

-------

Crowell had a career high 88 yards in only his second start and since the Browns returned to the league back in 1999 Browns rookie RB Isaiah Crowell is one of only four running backs for Cleveland who have averaged over 7 yards per carry in a game with over 10 carries but the amazing thing about it is the Crow has done this two times already this year.

------

1. Jerome Harrison 12/20/2009 KC 34 Att 286 Yds 8.41 Avg

2. Jamal Lewis 9/16/2007 Cin 27 Att 216 Yds 8.00 Avg

3. Isaiah Crowell 11/23/2014 Atl 12 Att 88 Yds 7.33 Avg

4. Lee Suggs 12/28/2003 Pit 26 Att 186 Yds 7.15 Avg

5. Isaiah Crowell 10/12/2014 Pit 11 Att 77 Yds 7.00 Avg

If I owned West, this would suck. I would probably say whatever I could to convince myself and others that there will be a timeshare for years to come. That would be BEST CASE scenario. Not exactly what I thought five weeks ago. West is hanging around like a third wheel on date night. He knows there is undeniable chemistry between the other guy and the chick but they dont want to be rude and just tell him to go away. After all, he is paying for it all. They hold hands and sneak kisses when he isnt looking. But he still believes he has a shot with her. The Browns will begin turning the keys over to Crow full time. By 2015, Crow will be a top 5 back at the age of 22. Get him if you can. For most its too late. For West owners, its okay to let out a CawCaw even if you dont really own him. No one will ever know the difference.

Right now I like crowell and hill about the same. Moving forward though I don't see hill moving much ahead of where he is in terms of upside. I like crowell a upside more.

RamMan said:
Love Crow...but sitting him for Ellington and Mason this week.
Yeah, I'm also sitting him for Ellington this week, mostly based on their respective match-ups. But after that, I'm licking my chops for Crowell's playoff schedule:

Week 14 vs. Indy (9th most FFP to RBs)

Week 15 vs Cinci (7th)

Week 16 @ Car (8th)

Hardest matchup left is definitely this week but Buffalo's getting overhyped in a lot of press right now. Pass rush is why they've been a solid fantasy D. Rush D isn't dominant. Allowed 130-some ypg average for the 3 games before the Jets gave up in Detroit last week.

The best is yet to come for sure, but I'm feeling 10-15 pts standard scoring this week for Crowell.

BUF is a pretty tough match-up, no doubt. They're allowing 3.9 YPC and have only allowed 4 TDs to RBs all year (2nd least). Still, there are points to be had here as they haven't been nearly as stout over the second half of the season. Most recently, McKinnon dropped 100+ yards on them, Ivory punched in 2 TDs (week 8) and Charles had 100+ yards from scrimmage and a TD. I'm still bullish on Crow this week because I don't think he can be contained by BUF given enough touches (and no fumbles).

BUF is a pretty tough match-up, no doubt. They're allowing 3.9 YPC and have only allowed 4 TDs to RBs all year (2nd least). Still, there are points to be had here as they haven't been nearly as stout over the second half of the season. Most recently, McKinnon dropped 100+ yards on them, Ivory punched in 2 TDs (week 8) and Charles had 100+ yards from scrimmage and a TD. I'm still bullish on Crow this week because I don't think he can be contained by BUF given enough touches (and no fumbles).
Crow has the kind of talent......like L.Murray..... Where he doesn't need a lot of touches to put up good numbers.

I would start the Crow with confidence as he can break a long one at any time.

I think Crowell is what we thought Trent Richardson would be.
+1 I hadn't thought about it that way.

Hopefully Crowell will win my season for me this year just like Richardson lost it for me last year (took him 5th overall, ouch).

Ellington can outscore Crowell's entire day with one play.
No he can't.

Last three weeks:

Averaged 1.3, 2.2, and 2.3 yards per carry. Has 3 rushing TDs this year. He better get 6 catches, because 2014 Andre Ellington ain't doing anything on the ground. Zero explosion.

No he can't.

Last three weeks:

Averaged 1.3, 2.2, and 2.3 yards per carry. Has 3 rushing TDs this year. He better get 6 catches, because 2014 Andre Ellington ain't doing anything on the ground. Zero explosion.
He has 5 TDs (including an 81 yard reception), I don't think it matters how he got them, to go along with 4 receptions per game.

Yeah he has been a disappointment relative to draft position but he is still a guy that can make your week on one play.

I'm not so sure I would sit him for Ellington, who hasn't been very good lately. I'll take the guy trending upward.
Crowell can outscore Ellington's entire day with one play.

ETA: And Ellington is more likely to get 80+% of his team's RB touches.
:lol: Can he now? Do you know what Ellington's season long run is? 22 yards. SJax and TRich have longer gains on the ground this year. Crow is averaging 5+ YPC, Ellington is tied for 4th worst with Asiata (3.3).

Ellington is now dealing with toe and hip injuries to go along with his lingering foot issue; ARI also just signed Bush. So if left with the question, do I go with one of the leagues most ineffective rushers (who is also dealing with multiple injuries) in a plus match-up versus one of the leagues most effective rushers in a negative match-up, I'm going to go with the later 9 times out of 10.

Ellington has a lot to be thankful for. Now he can stay "fresh".

When discussing the signing of RB Michael Bush, coach Bruce Arians said, "We need a guy who's gonna pound it in there and close out games for us."
It can be taken as a sign the Cardinals are going to use Bush in goal-line and short-yardage situations. With Andre Ellington averaging over 20 touches per game and looking like he may need a breather, it's not out of the question that Bush will step into a prominent role. It's a hit to Ellington's value, but we could also argue it's a boost. Ellington is most effective when he's fresh, and less touches would make him more explosive.

I'm not so sure I would sit him for Ellington, who hasn't been very good lately. I'll take the guy trending upward.

:lol: Can he now? Do you know what Ellington's season long run is? 22 yards. SJax and TRich have longer gains on the ground this year. Crow is averaging 5+ YPC, Ellington is tied for 4th worst with Asiata (3.3).

Ellington is now dealing with toe and hip injuries to go along with his lingering foot issue; ARI also just signed Bush. So if left with the question, do I go with one of the leagues most ineffective rushers (who is also dealing with multiple injuries) in a plus match-up versus one of the leagues most effective rushers in a negative match-up, I'm going to go with the later 9 times out of 10.
Well his 81 yard reception indicates that he can still go long. And he doesn't split carries like Crow does. As much as we all want to anoint Crow who here doesn't believe that we could see a 20+ touch game from West with Crow getting maybe 10?

I love Crow and hope he blows up just like all of you do, I probably wouldn't trade him for Ellington straight up (probably) but we have to accept the reality that Crow's next 20 touch game will be his first 20 touch game.

And to say that Ellington can't beat Crow on one touch but Crow could beat Ellington on one touch does not feel intellectually honest.

Well his 81 yard reception indicates that he can still go long. And he doesn't split carries like Crow does. As much as we all want to anoint Crow who here doesn't believe that we could see a 20+ touch game from West with Crow getting maybe 10?

I love Crow and hope he blows up just like all of you do, I probably wouldn't trade him for Ellington straight up (probably) but we have to accept the reality that Crow's next 20 touch game will be his first 20 touch game.

And to say that Ellington can't beat Crow on one touch but Crow could beat Ellington on one touch does not feel intellectually honest.
With the way Ellington has been running lately the touch totals aren't super relevant. Granted, Ellington has likely had the worst stretch of match-ups out of all RBs in Oct. but it's still very hard to excuse 2.7YPC on 68 carries in that time frame or 3.3YPC on 196 carries on the year for that matter. Anyway, I think any "x can beat y with one touch" arguments is silly but if you want to get technical Ellington is the easiest RB to pick on with that assertion because he has been historically ineffective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking ahead to next year for a moment, is this going to be D-Will/Stewart 2.0 with Crowell and West? Right now Crowell is only going to get around 10-15 touches, which makes him very TD dependant, no matter how good he is. If this is going to be a 50/50 split going forward, how can you trust him in your lineup every week?

Stewart and DWill are mediocre at BEST.
Stewart is actually still quite good from a talent perspective but RBBCs. #### joins and turnstiles for offensive lineman has sealed his fate for a while now. DWills is almost completely done though.

Looking ahead to next year for a moment, is this going to be D-Will/Stewart 2.0 with Crowell and West? Right now Crowell is only going to get around 10-15 touches, which makes him very TD dependant, no matter how good he is. If this is going to be a 50/50 split going forward, how can you trust him in your lineup every week?
[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I think the comparison is interesting. It's no secret that CLE really wants to run nowadays (average 32 attempts per game), the only team with more rushing attempts per game than them this year is HOU. Interestingly enough, when CAR was running people over with Double Trouble in 2009, they were averaging 32 rushing attempts per game and were also the second most rushing team in the league. Assuming CLE sticks to their run skewed [/SIZE]philosophy[SIZE=13.63636302948px], I see absolutely no reason why Crow can't be as good as let's say 2009 JStew (221/1133/10) while in a timeshare. Plus, they'll get Mack back as well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]TL:DR - I actually think calling this DWill/Stewart 2.0 is a good thing.[/SIZE]

Stewart has been nothing more than potential his entire career. He has never produced. I dont buy the comparison one bit. How long have owners been burned by that guy? Outside of one season DWill has disappointed. To say otherwise would be reaching.

Stewart has been nothing more than potential his entire career. He has never produced. I dont buy the comparison one bit. How long have owners been burned by that guy? Outside of one season DWill has disappointed. To say otherwise would be reaching.
You do realize I'm not actually comparing Crow to JStew or DWills directly right? RushHour voiced some concern about Crow splitting work and I'm just trying to show that he can still be extremely productive in a timeshare as long as his team is dedicated to running the ball.

Stewart has been nothing more than potential

his entire career. He has never produced. I dont

buy the comparison one bit. How long have owners been burned by that guy? Outside of one season DWill has disappointed. To say otherwise

would be reaching.
You do realize I'm not actually comparing Crow to JStew or DWills directly right? RushHour

voiced some concern about Crow splitting work

and I'm just trying to show that he can still be extremely productive in a timeshare as long as his team is dedicated to running the ball.
Yeah, I wasn't saying either that the players are comparable, just that it may be a situation where this is a genuine timeshare going forward which has to limit Crowell's ceiling. I'm a Crowell owner and want him getting 20+ carries as much as the next guy, but a West is playing pretty well too. The last couple of pages of this thread are talking like Crowell is basically an RB1 now. He still got fewer carries than West last week and he's not scoring two TDs every game. It's just hard to trust a guy in your playoff lineup who isn't getting that much usage and is in a 50/50 split.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize I'm not actually comparing Crow to JStew or DWills directly right? RushHour voiced some concern about Crow splitting work and I'm just trying to show that he can still be extremely productive in a timeshare as long as his team is dedicated to running the ball.
My apologies gentlemen.

I sat Joique Bell for Crowell for yesterday's Detroit/Chicago game. I switched back and forth between the two right up to game time. I hope this doesn't hurt me too bad as Bell has his biggest game of the year! OH well. At least my opponent started Romo, Dallas defense, and Dan Bailey so I in OK shape so far. Go Crowell!

buy the comparison one bit. How long have owners been burned by that guy? Outside of one season DWill has disappointed. To say otherwise

would be reaching.
You do realize I'm not actually comparing Crow to JStew or DWills directly right? RushHour

and I'm just trying to show that he can still be extremely productive in a timeshare as long as his team is dedicated to running the ball.
Yeah, I wasn't saying either that the players arecomparable, just that it may be a situation where this is a genuine timeshare going forward which has to limit Crowell's ceiling. I'm a Crowell owner and want him getting 20+ carries as much as the next guy, but a West is playing pretty well too. The last couple of pages of this thread are talking like Crowell is basically an RB1 now. He still got fewer carries than West last week and he's not scoring two TDs every game. It's just hard to trust a guy in your playoff lineup who isn't getting that much usage and is in a 50/50 split.
People have been talking about Crowell like that since Day 1, not just recently. Grain of salt, and all that. Is he getting overhyped? Sure.

But he's received 12+ carries the blast three weeks, and has shown big play ability.

That's a starting fantasy RB these days. Flex-worthy, for sure. Dan Herron, Fred Jackson, CJ Anderson, these kind of players will all be on some people's playoff lineups.

would be reaching.

Yeah, I wasn't saying either that the players arecomparable, just that it may be a situation where this is a genuine timeshare going forward which has to limit Crowell's ceiling. I'm a Crowell owner and want him getting 20+ carries as much as the next guy, but a West is playing pretty well too. The last couple of pages of this thread are talking like Crowell is basically an RB1 now. He still got fewer carries than West last week and he's not scoring two TDs every game. It's just hard to trust a guy in your playoff lineup who isn't getting that much usage and is in a 50/50 split.
People have been talking about Crowell like that since Day 1, not just recently. Grain of salt, and all that. Is he getting overhyped? Sure.

But he's received 12+ carries the blast three weeks, and has shown big play ability.

That's a starting fantasy RB these days. Flex-worthy, for sure. Dan Herron, Fred Jackson, CJ Anderson, these kind of players will all be on some people's playoff lineups.
CJ Anderson looks like a 20+ touch back for the next couple of weeks.

Benching for Mason, Ellington, Jennings due to superior matchups. Will likely replace Ellington following this week as I really don't like his situation anymore with Bush

Users who are viewing this thread