What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

Sitting him and Hill for Murray/Ellington in one league, and for Lacy/Anderson/JMatthews (flex) in another. ROS I plan on starting him over Ellington based on match-ups, and possibly Matthews as well. Unless today gives me serious pause about his workload going forward.

I own him in three PPR leagues and have him benched right now in all three. Starting CJ Anderson and Foster over him in one, Denard Robinson, L. Bell and Herron in another, and Lacy and Robinson in the 3rd. (I started Jordan Mathews in the flex in 1 and 3).

Want to play him but have him on the bench for mason, hill, and Cj Anderson. Tough matchup and need one more week to make sure he's utilized enough. Hope he has a great game and I can confidently plug him in going forward

Right now, I have both Cincy RBs in over Crow right now.

I just don't wanna pick the wrong Cincy RB, and even though Buff hasn't been quite as dominate against run last few weeks, I still do not like the matchup for Crow. Plus, the fact is West is going to get just as many touches, in all likelihood.

Sitting Crow in one league in favor of Ellington/Lacy/Mason and sitting him in another in favor of Forte/Ingram. Forte laid an egg (and Ingram may as well) but it wasn't a difficult decision. As another poster said above hopefully he has a good game and becomes a no-brainier going forward.

I'm starting him over Ellington in what is essentially a bye week for me (got the first round playoff bye already locked up).

I have him in 2 of 3 PPR leagues. Starting Morris/CJ Anderson over him in one and Ingram over him (Lacy and Jennings were no brainers) in another. I like Crowell, but I don't like his match-up today. He has a nice 3 following today (IND, CIN and CAR), so I hope he does well and we see him separate from West to give us confidence for the stretch.

Same as last week Cro or Ingram.........a tough tough call......I think it comes down to Ingram getting more goal line opportunities against Steeler defense than Crowell who is probably going to need to score from distance.....if Cro just caught some balls I would take him.....

Oh what the hell......I am feeding the Crow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Crowell and Vereen over Mathews in one non-PPR league.

Starting Jennings and Anderson over Crowell and Vereen in one PPR league.

Mike Pettine's post game comments.

"The West fumble is totally inexcusable."

The carries to the Crow have to increase IMHO.

The wildcard out there is Glenn Winston. I thought Winston's time would be next year but man did Pettine sound pissed at Terrance West. He didn't use his first name just spat out 'The WEST fumble....'

The wildcard out there is Glenn Winston. I thought Winston's time would be next year but man did Pettine sound pissed at Terrance West. He didn't use his first name just spat out 'The WEST fumble....'
my biggest takeaway from the presser too

so 17 carries 29 yards. i realize buffalo has a good defense but thought crowell was going to be able to do something. anyone who watched the game care to offer some thoughts?

But not pissed enough to put Winston in for that last run. Pettine can not be shocked when rookie RBs fumble the ball. He'll get over it. West may be in the doghouse for a while, and I'd expect Crowell to be very productive against the upcoming defenses, but I wouldn't write West off completely. Crowell is a rookie, too, and could make some mistakes himself. Or Winston could be awful. West will be back frustrating Crowell owners before the season ends. Hope I'm wrong but that's my gut feel.

so 17 carries 29 yards. i realize buffalo has a good defense but thought crowell was going to be able to do something. anyone who watched the game care to offer some thoughts?
Buffalo's front seven is legit, no question about it but the Browns lost their backup TE Gary Barnage who was filling in for Pro Bowl TE Jordan Cameron early in the first quarter and then late in the first quarter the Browns lost backup center Fredrick who was filling in for Pro Bowl C Alex Mack and he wasn't playing all that good so the Browns were using their 3rd string TE and 3rd string center, both 3rd stringers were filling in for Pro Bowl players.

Add Barnage is the Browns best blocking TE so losing both of those guys while playing one of the best, if not the best defensive front seven in the NFL played a big role but also QB Brian Hoyer was awful for the second week in a row. WR Josh Gordon is a two-edged sword because he's not on the same page as the QB right now. He's not running through routes and he's looking over the wrong shoulder and at least one of the INTs today by Hoyer was on Josh Gordon IMHO.

The Bills were loading the box and had unblocked guys in the backfield on the tackles for loss on Crow, not his fault. He was running hard and low as per usual.

Look for a big game next week unless the 3rd string center is back in there then ... :shrug: who knows what to expect under those circumstances.

The Bills sent three D lineman to the Pro Bowl last year. Best in the league.

Sat Crowell, starting him the next two weeks. Should be a fun ride.

But not pissed enough to put Winston in for that last run. Pettine can not be shocked when rookie RBs fumble the ball. He'll get over it. West may be in the doghouse for a while, and I'd expect Crowell to be very productive against the upcoming defenses, but I wouldn't write West off completely. Crowell is a rookie, too, and could make some mistakes himself. Or Winston could be awful. West will be back frustrating Crowell owners before the season ends. Hope I'm wrong but that's my gut feel.
Well I think the door is open for Winston because you are right, both of those rookie RBs leave the ball on the ground too often so they need a guy who is safe and can hold on and just get some tough yards without leaving the ball on the ground.

Right now West is in the doghouse and Isaiah is going to need a rest and the coaches need a dependable back.

Not saying Glenn Winston is in-line for huge carries but if he gets in any games, a strong possibility now IMHO, and if he can just hold onto the rock he'll earn the coaches trust and then he can earn more PT. I do think West's carries will diminish at least for one week. He's lost the trust of Pettine. The adjective he used to describe the fumble by West was.

'... inexcusable.'

the bills line dominated the browns line

Buffalo's front seven is legit, no question about it but the Browns lost their backup TE Gary Barnage who was filling in for Pro Bowl TE Jordan Cameron early in the first quarter and then late in the first quarter the Browns lost backup center Fredrick who was filling in for Pro Bowl C Alex Mack and he wasn't playing all that good so the Browns were using their 3rd string TE and 3rd string center, both 3rd stringers were filling in for Pro Bowl players.

Add Barnage is the Browns best blocking TE so losing both of those guys while playing one of the best, if not the best defensive front seven in the NFL played a big role but also QB Brian Hoyer was awful for the second week in a row. WR Josh Gordon is a two-edged sword because he's not on the same page as the QB right now. He's not running through routes and he's looking over the wrong shoulder and at least one of the INTs today by Hoyer was on Josh Gordon IMHO.

The Bills were loading the box and had unblocked guys in the backfield on the tackles for loss on Crow, not his fault. He was running hard and low as per usual.

Look for a big game next week unless the 3rd string center is back in there then ... :shrug: who knows what to expect under those circumstances.
You mean backup center Nick McDonald, right?

That is something to watch very closely going forward.

West had the ball ripped out on the goaline too but was ruled down.

As for crow , they kept running this terribly telegraphed sweep outside and the play was basically swarmed before Crowell touched the ball. He did well to pick up two yards on those plays as he was heavily converted upon.

Tough spot. Hoyer is horrific but manziel will have major growing pains. I would start Hoyer next week. This Divison is still very much in play and Johnny looked Wowed by the moment after the first spark plug TD.

Better days ahead for cro and I think he emerged a clear 1 to west's 1a. Caught a ball too and looked good doing it but west played on the two minute and hurry up drives

cringe to think about it, but could we be seeing a denard robinson type trend down now? have to think with the 3rd string center, indy possibly being up quite a bit early. not sure how much I like the situation for the short turn playoff stretch.

The emergence of Manziel does throw a monkeywrench at Crowell. But it might actually help him too. Definitely makes it a bit more risky to start Crowell in week one of the fantasy playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread