What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

Best part of wakin up....
Yep. And I agree about Powell looking like the better runner, at least last night. Powell technically is also getting starter's game script snaps. He's on the field first to start and then at halftime. 

Gonna be hard for Crowell to eat into that much more than he already has. 

As cloppbeast just said, awesome for best ball, frustrating for standard going forward. (Crowell has done nicely through three, but he's TD-dependent).

The backfield is awesome in best ball.
Was able to nab them both for 7.5% in a best ball league. Unfortunately also snagged them in a normal league, too. Can't bring myself to start either one.

Yep. And I agree about Powell looking like the better runner, at least last night. Powell technically is also getting starter's game script snaps. He's on the field first to start and then at halftime. 

As cloppbeast just said, awesome for best ball, frustrating for standard going forward. (Crowell has done nicely through three, but he's TD-dependent).
This was the first game I really watched, but it seemed like Powell was getting more favorable looks (less men in the box, some well blocked plays). I never root for injuries, but I kinda wish one would go on paternity leave or some ****.

This was the first game I really watched, but it seemed like Powell was getting more favorable looks (less men in the box, some well blocked plays). I never root for injuries, but I kinda wish one would go on paternity leave or some ****.
Paternity leave? This isn't Sweden.

Seriously though, Powell is the better back, I have to reluctantly admit.

Started Crowell Games 1 and 2. Started Powell this week. Should have never bought into this backfield but I was weak at RB and they were had in the 11th and 13th. Gonna be a nightmare to figure out who to start. Glad they’re doing well tho. All Bell’s fault for being a dummy. 
I own Crowell in two dynasties. I have a perfect record of starting him when he goes for 35 yards and no scores and benching him when he's Isaiah Gurley. 

Started Crowell Games 1 and 2. Started Powell this week. Should have never bought into this backfield but I was weak at RB and they were had in the 11th and 13th. Gonna be a nightmare to figure out who to start. Glad they’re doing well tho. All Bell’s fault for being a dummy. 
I was weak at RB as well. I had Mahomes cued up but then got cute and picked up Crowell hoping Mahomes would fall to me next round. 

He's been looking like the better runner for years to everyone except the coaching staff.  Maybe they worry about him getting worn down.

FBG brotherhood - I turn to you for guidance on what to do with this guy.  I can never get a good read on when to deploy him.  

Came very close to dropping him as needed to pick up a bye week D filler for Chicago. Could've gone either way. Just got lucky.

Soulfly3 said:
just set a franchise record for rushing yds in a game

but powell.
Powell had over 100 yards also. They are both good RBs - Crowell is surely more explosive. The only point being made about Powell's presence was that the Jets use both RBs so which one you should start each week will be tough, and those that have both can tell you that's been the case.

You think he’s enough to snag me someone like KGolladay on his own?   As in a trade.  I’m having a tough time getting a read on his value.  

Last edited by a moderator:
shadyridr's point is the best. Hard to even sell high. Like Carlos Hyde, actually. Drafted myself into both and will live with it. Talent wins the day.   

*sigh*. I’ll be starting him in Week 6 because of the strong opportunity against IND.  Which of course means Luck will throw 3 TDs in Q1 and Powell will end up going off for 25 pts as NY chases all game.
I'm with ya. I got Cooks and Hilton hurt, so my flex position is in touch shape. The Powell owner's team is so bad it's not even possible for me to trade Crowell to him to get anything back worthwhile.

Best offer I could get was Drew Brees-nothing on WW (Darnold probably best available) & I’m hurting at QB & the whole league knows it so they want huge returns in any trade.

Not sure if I want to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's on my waiver wire and I can't decide if I want to blow my remaining budget on him or Smallwood, or if I should save my money and grab Ivory or some other backup for free.

I offered Aaron Rodgers and Crowell to an 0-5 team for David Johnson and his choice of either of his QBs (Mariota or Tannehill) and was instantly rejected. 

Best offer I could get was Drew Brees-nothing on WW (Darnold probably best available) & I’m hurting at QB & the whole league knows it so they want huge returns in any trade.

Not sure if I want to do it.
Wait, someone is offering you Brees for Crowell and you need a QB and you're thinking about it?

Wait, someone is offering you Brees for Crowell and you need a QB and you're thinking about it?
Opposite; I’m shopping crow & Brees owner only one who is willing.

I shouldn’t think twice, but I drafted Brees last year & he was mediocre, at best.  On the other hand, Trubisky is my best QB without the trade.

How is what I said the opposite? Clearly take Brees. Jeez
Sorry; I just meant it want the other guy initiating the trade; i’ve been trying to trade him.  

Youre right, of course-getting burned by Brees last year when Kamara & Ingram dominated that offense & being worried it will happen again was why I hesitated.  Even if Brees returns to his 2017 form, though, he’d still be an upgrade to my current QB situation.

Anyway, getting off track; Crow is RB9 in my league.  Most top-10 RBs would command more than a top QB straight up; Crow doesn’t have that value.

So, maybe Brees for Crow isn't really his value.  The other guy countered my official offer on the site (that we'd agreed to via text) by replacing Crowell with my Ingram :wall:

I did have another offer come through of Dalton for Crowell.  So, maybe his value is that of a streamable QB?  Or wuld Dalton be considered more than that this year? :shrug:

So, maybe Brees for Crow isn't really his value.  The other guy countered my official offer on the site (that we'd agreed to via text) by replacing Crowell with my Ingram :wall:

I did have another offer come through of Dalton for Crowell.  So, maybe his value is that of a streamable QB?  Or wuld Dalton be considered more than that this year? :shrug:
I think Trubisky and Dalton are close enough where you would just be giving Crowell away. Crowell is inconsistent but a serviceable back with obvious upside, he's worth more than Dalton.

Users who are viewing this thread