What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

Huh?  I think a few players have had successful careers after a torn achilles injury. Demaryius Thomas comes to mind. Pretty sure another or two escape my memory.

Still, I'd cut bait on Isiah Crowell, unless there's no cost for IR-ing him.
Good point- forgot about Demaryius. I’m trying to think of another football player. The latest research I can find says athletes who suffer play in less games and perform worse a year later. 2 years later they likely return to average levels. 30% never play again. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28644678/

Still as you say it’s a bad sign for Crowell. His age 26 season will be lost. His age 27 season is likely going be limited so he’s banking on getting something going at 28. 

Good point- forgot about Demaryius. I’m trying to think of another football player. The latest research I can find says athletes who suffer play in less games and perform worse a year later. 2 years later they likely return to average levels. 30% never play again. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28644678/

Still as you say it’s a bad sign for Crowell. His age 26 season will be lost. His age 27 season is likely going be limited so he’s banking on getting something going at 28. 
Thought Crabtree, Manti Te’o, Derrick Johnson (didn't he have two tears?), and Terrell Suggs all returned from Achilles tears -- believe Jonathan Stewart did too but not sure that was a full rupture.

To your point, not a lot of RBs have come back to full form. We'll see how Foreman fares.

Thought Crabtree, Manti Te’o, Derrick Johnson (didn't he have two tears?), and Terrell Suggs all returned from Achilles tears -- believe Jonathan Stewart did too but not sure that was a full rupture.

To your point, not a lot of RBs have come back to full form. We'll see how Foreman fares.
Good recall there. Maybe I’m just thinking it’s RBs who haven’t had a good track record. Derrick Johnson actually tore his twice in 3 years towards the end of his career. 

Damn. Wondering if he's still worth an IR spot or just straight cut at this point. 
I would stash. 

Might be different if he was a guy that won with quickness/speed but I don't think that's really his game. Seems more like a vision guy between the tackles. He's probably best as a RBBC guy in the first place and given that bar I think he can come back since he's just turned 26 in January. As with all RB's situation matters just as much or more than talent. 

People seem to forget the guy averaged 4.8y/c last season on a very bad Jets team with no OL talent. He also averaged 4.8y/c on a bad Browns team/line a couple of years ago. Wasn't nearly as high on him as some of the pundits when he came into the league but I've been impressed with the career he's been able to carve out. It's a tough injury to come back from, though. 

Damn. Wondering if he's still worth an IR spot or just straight cut at this point. 
Crowell simply is not a consistent fantasy producer. 4 games of double digit fantasy points each of the last 2 seasons.

He may be a back up somewhere next year, but coming off a severe achillies injury, coupled with his lack of real production, this guy is waiver wire fodder in all but the deepest leagues.

You may as well use it until you need it for some one else but I think it's pretty safe to cut a mediocre back that will now be coming back from a devastating injury.

Users who are viewing this thread