What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (3 Viewers)

In all seriousness, I don't believe Tate is on that roster next season. If Tate doesn't suit up this week, there is a good chance he loses hold of the starting job. Then, he becomes expendable to two, healthier, younger, CHEAPER, options. Maybe dangle him out there as trade bait for the Raiders in 2015. Who knows, who cares. He continues to excel on the trainer's table but has done nothing on the field. If they give Crow enough carries this Sunday, he may seize that job and never look back. I don't think West will be completely phased out but I do believe Crow will rise to the top. Maybe a 70/30 timeshare.

Mainly just taking it from this article:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/10/running_back_ben_tate_is_somew.html

He didn't say it verbatim, but he lists himself as questionable.
Ah. Good info. Thanks. Interesting how he refused to answer if he'd had any swelling in the knee. I expect him to play, but that doesn't sound good.
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention. Maybe Tate will come back strong this week, or maybe he's rushing back because he knows he's about to lose his job.

I'm moving Crowell way up the RB rankings this week if we don't hear really positive news about Tate on Saturday.

Thanks Bracie, useful post. Not shocking at all, is there a back that hasn't struggled in pass pro as a rookie? I'm sure there is, but I can't think of it. Luckily, Tate is both not a special back and is injury prone. The cream will rise to the top.
Not sure about this. He was comparable, if not better than, Arian Foster the past few years in Houston.
No he wasn't.
Yeah, Tate was definitely not better than Foster the past few years.
2013: Foster with better YPC and Success Rate (4.5 vs 4.3, 38.5% vs 37.8)

2012: Tate with better YPC & Success Rate (4.2 vs 4.1 & 46.8% vs 38%)

2011: Tate with better YPC & Success Rate (5.3 vs 4.6 & 45.2& vs 41.8%)

Thanks Bracie, useful post. Not shocking at all, is there a back that hasn't struggled in pass pro as a rookie? I'm sure there is, but I can't think of it. Luckily, Tate is both not a special back and is injury prone. The cream will rise to the top.
Not sure about this. He was comparable, if not better than, Arian Foster the past few years in Houston.
No he wasn't.

Tate also played with broken ribs after Foster was lost to injury. He played through the injury for the remainder of the season but it's unlikely that he was able to perform at his peak. He was shut down, finally, placed on IR like week 17 because one or two of the broken ribs didn't heal right and re-injured. Tate's tough, if oft-injured.

No he wasn't.

It's a lot easier to boost your YPC when you're getting 10 carries a game and you're playing at the end of games a lot of the time. Tate had a few good games in 2011 and that's about it. He did play hurt last year but his injury history has to be factored into his value.

If he was so good why was the market for him so thin this offseason and he sign such as an inexpensive team friendly contract?

Ben Tate just tweeted a thumbs up and ok sign on his twitter page when someone asked him how his knee is doing.

Looks like it's gonna be a 3-way RBBC this week.

Tate will start but not have a full load

Play the CLE RB you have

If you have two or three you have to guess.... choose highest floor or go for heighest ceiling ...... or just play personal favorite .....

If you have all three you are masochistic or a huge Browns fan so see above or sit all

I'm sitting Crowell because I'm loaded at RB but I predict he will outscore Tate and West tomorrow and have a pretty good day.

I'm sitting Crowell because I'm loaded at RB but I predict he will outscore Tate and West tomorrow and have a pretty good day.
Please, do tell us more about how you are so loaded at RB. Really good info there. :thumbsup:

Would it be crrrrazzzyyyy to sit McCoy and start Tate and Crowell????

I almost have more confidence in that tandem than lesean the way things have gone so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be crrrrazzzyyyy to sit McCoy and start Tate and Crowell????

I almost have more confidence in that tandem than lesean the way things have gone so far.
That's a weird league where you can start two guys for one, but i'd do it if you can get away with it,

Isaiah Crowell has better moves than Brandon Lee did.

The Crow Returns. In theaters soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
War Cromwell. Debating him vs Jeremy Hill tomorrow. Pats have been so bad vs RBs, but I hate betting against them coming off a loss.

Please, do tell us more about how you are so loaded at RB. Really good info there. :thumbsup:
Your post added so much to this thread...please continue to show everyone how poorly you were raised at great length as often as possible. Its not often we hear from such a minnow in here.

Your post added so much to this thread...please continue to show everyone how poorly you were raised at great length as often as possible. Its not often we hear from such a minnow in here.
Why not just post it like the above? Why did you feel the need to separate yourself from the consequences of your prediction? Just wondering.

georg013 said:
In all seriousness, I don't believe Tate is on that roster next season. If Tate doesn't suit up this week, there is a good chance he loses hold of the starting job. Then, he becomes expendable to two, healthier, younger, CHEAPER, options. Maybe dangle him out there as trade bait for the Raiders in 2015. Who knows, who cares. He continues to excel on the trainer's table but has done nothing on the field. If they give Crow enough carries this Sunday, he may seize that job and never look back. I don't think West will be completely phased out but I do believe Crow will rise to the top. Maybe a 70/30 timeshare.
tate is only signed for two years as we'll. I really highly doubt he's on the roster year after next.

So why are people largely ignoring West in here?
Because this is a Crowell thread, and his owners enjoy suffering from confirmation bias.
OK, good to know. I kept scouring the internet looking for some sort of injury mention or confirmation that West was not playing or surpassed. After looking endlessly I figured I was missing something. Good to know this is more or less baseless speculation.

Regardless of West I think if Tate is out, Crowell sees 16-18 touches.
Why? He's had no more than 12 this season. Again, why the sudden change?
He was running ahead of West the last couple practices.
The last couple? 2? 3? 4? Link?
At least one

http://breakingfootball.com/isaiah-crowell-working-ahead-of-terrance-west/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9401/isaiah-crowell

Regardless of West I think if Tate is out, Crowell sees 16-18 touches.
Why? He's had no more than 12 this season. Again, why the sudden change?
He was running ahead of West the last couple practices.
The last couple? 2? 3? 4? Link?
At least one http://breakingfootball.com/isaiah-crowell-working-ahead-of-terrance-west/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9401/isaiah-crowell
Who has running with the first team on Thursday and Friday? Reporters usually only get to watch the first few minutes of practice before they are told to leave.

I'm not starting any of them this week (though I traded out of West I have Crowell and West once each).

Too much uncertainty on the split.

Users who are viewing this thread