What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James White, NE (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on rest of way with Michelle coming back ,Patterson carving up a roll and perhoas burkhead being activated week 13
They only put Patterson in there because they don't have Michel to run in between the tackles.

I'd say he's looking as good as ever the rest of the way. Few less touches when Sony gets back but still an RB1.

Thoughts on rest of way with Michelle coming back ,Patterson carving up a roll and perhoas burkhead being activated week 13
After weeks of trying to trade the guy early season and stressing about the randomness of White’s fantasy success in this thread I’ve just accepted it’s like getting hot while you’re gambling, you don’t stress, you don’t ask questions, and you don’t assume it will continue.  You just accept it for what it is and keep winning.

Incredible that he's STILL undervalued.  He's an absolute PPR beast and is playing at a really high level.  Burkhead, Patterson, and Michel are complimentary guys.  The only thing that will slow him down is an injury. 

Had him early and kinda figured he'd fade quite a bit. Boy was I wrong. Traded back for him last week and glad I did. Cooks & Collins for J White. Everyone scored. I'm elated to plug him into the Flex. Other starting RB's this week: Kamara and D Johnson, whom I traded Ingram for last week as well.

James White is fun to watch and seems to be in on the action a lot of the time.

Burkhead was in the locker room and on the field this past week (just being there with the team as he can't do anything yet). Normally if a player is not close to returning, the Pats have injured players stay away from the public's / media's eye.

Some places say he could be a candidate to return from IR as soon as the Nov. 25 game against the Jets. Other places are saying he would be eligible to return Week 13 against the Vikings.

If activated, I would guess that he would be used to give Michel or White a breather or a series off. And the Evil Genius might use him for a specific week's game plan if they think he would be a match up nightmare for a week.

He might get a few extra snaps / touches down the stretch if they try to better manage playing time for Michel and White to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

thing is hes Brady favorite target and especially in the red zone and thats why you will see him catch 8 balls have about 5 carries and red zone oppurtunities .. 

Burkhead was in the locker room and on the field this past week (just being there with the team as he can't do anything yet). Normally if a player is not close to returning, the Pats have injured players stay away from the public's / media's eye.

Some places say he could be a candidate to return from IR as soon as the Nov. 25 game against the Jets. Other places are saying he would be eligible to return Week 13 against the Vikings.

If activated, I would guess that he would be used to give Michel or White a breather or a series off. And the Evil Genius might use him for a specific week's game plan if they think he would be a match up nightmare for a week.

He might get a few extra snaps / touches down the stretch if they try to better manage playing time for Michel and White to keep them fresh for the playoffs.
If by some strange stroke of luck I happen to make the playoffs, I fully expect the hoodie to feed Burkhead and bench White costing me the win

:shrug:

Burkhead is a lock to be heavily involved starting next week. So unless there’s an injury in the NE backfield (definitely possible) today was the end of the totally unlikely and absolutely amazing 2018 James White fantasy run as far as I’m concerned.

My draft went well but having an RB1 from my 8th round draft pick is what put me over the top and why I’m currently 1st place in my league and number 1 in points scored.

It was the perfect mix of opportunity thanks to injury, chemistry with Brady, and a solid player just doing his job.  I knew it wouldn’t last to the fantasy playoffs so I took a bunch of RB flyers week 6 off the waiver wire.  One worked out and that’s Chubb.  But White bought me the time for Chubb to work out like he has.

I’ve always hated the Patriots, but I’ve always loved an underdog.  White strikes me as a guy who doesn’t just say the right thing in front of the media.  He really is all about helping his team win and won’t give a second thought to his tremendous run coming to an end.  

I have a lot of respect for the guy and whatever happens this season I’ll always remember the unlikely RB pick that has helped me build the best fantasy team I’ve ever had.

Thank you James White!

James White amassed 15 catches for 97 yards on 17 targets Sunday in the Patriots’ Divisional Round win over Los Angeles.

White was a focal point early, nabbing five catches for 45 yards on New England's opening drive. He never took his foot off the gas and neither did New England as the Patriots throttled the Chargers in a 41-28 stomping. White made a bit of history in Sunday's blowout, tying Darren Sproles' record for most catches in a postseason game. He didn't log a single carry but White has always been more of a receiver than a running back anyway. We'll see what White can drum up against Kansas City in next week's AFC title game. He contributed 92 yards on 13 touches against the Chiefs earlier this year.

Jan 13 - 4:57 PM

Until I see Michel out there looking sharp, I'm buying heavily on White.  He's solid with Michel at full force, stud if he's banged up

James White rushed four times for 26 yards and caught 5-of-7 targets for 56 yards in Week 1 against the Steelers.

White and Rex Burkhead (five catches, 41 yards) both had high-volume roles out of the backfield. It's a little concerning he lost so much pass down work to Burkhead, but White's role is secure. White will remain a FLEX option for a Week 2 matchup with Miami.

Sep 8, 2019, 11:44 PM ET

James White piled on three carries for 10 yards while also contributing three catches for 19 yards and a touchdown on four targets Sunday in the Patriots’ Week 2 win against the Dolphins.

White mostly took a backseat to Sony Michel, who paced New England's backfield with 85 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries, though he salvaged his day with a late touchdown. That came on a 10-yard screen from Tom Brady with 2:10 remaining in the game. It's anyone's guess why the Patriots were still airing it out with a 37-point lead deep into the fourth quarter, but we're sure fantasy owners invested in James White aren't complaining. White and the Pats will look to keep their hot start going when the Jets visit Gillette in Week 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
James White caught 9-of-9 targets for 46 yards in the Patriots' Week 6 win over the Giants.

White "added" two rushes for -1 yards. With the Pats' passing attack going nowhere fast in the first half, Tom Brady predictably locked onto White and Julian Edelman after halftime. The Pats' pass-catching back has gone at least 6/46 as a receiver in three straight games. The Pats have a road game against the Jets in Week 7. White missed the sides' first clash in Week 3.

James White rushed five times for zero yards and caught 7-of-8 targets for 59 yards in the Patriots' Week 7 win over the Jets.

White had a first-quarter touchdown run wiped out by a Julian Edelman block in the back penalty. Sony Michel then scored three goal-line touchdowns. White will be a PPR-specific RB2/3 next week at home against the Browns. He has just one touchdown on the year.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:48 PM ET

he has double-digit fantasy ppg the ENTIRE season in PPR, this guy is golden as a flex player. stud.
Absolutely gold for every time I draft a PPR team and it shakes out that I wait on RB. Every year he’s like free money as an RB2 in PPR leagues. Guy has the best floor and when he actually gets TDs, it’s gravy. 

Absolutely gold for every time I draft a PPR team and it shakes out that I wait on RB. Every year he’s like free money as an RB2 in PPR leagues. Guy has the best floor and when he actually gets TDs, it’s gravy. 
Two near touchdowns the past two weeks. One was a forearm on the line and the other called back due to hold.

It's hopefully coming. 

I've got him in a .5 ppr league and he never comes up totally flat, but no TD's is still rough. He had 5.9 points this week.

I've got him in a .5 ppr league and he never comes up totally flat, but no TD's is still rough. He had 5.9 points this week.
Then you got hosed because I had 9.4 points with him.  7-8 for 59 yards and 3.5 for the catches.

That makes 9.4.

Touchdowns are one of the most variable and hard to predict stats out there. Receiving TD’s for a RB are even more difficult to predict. White scored 12 total TD last year, double what he scored in any other season. Things tend to even out. Probably should have more than 1 TD at this point, but a decrease was to be expected. 

Two near touchdowns the past two weeks. One was a forearm on the line and the other called back due to hold.

It's hopefully coming. 
He actually coulda woulda shoulda had three tds last night.   First the one called back on penalty.  Then the show string tackle up the sideline (that was gonna be about a 50 yarder) and then the one where he didn’t quite make it inside the pylon.  Also it looked like Sony got injured late.  

He actually coulda woulda shoulda had three tds last night.   First the one called back on penalty.  Then the show string tackle up the sideline (that was gonna be about a 50 yarder) and then the one where he didn’t quite make it inside the pylon.  Also it looked like Sony got injured late.  
Yep, forgot about the other two. Notice he doesn't hold the ball out at the pylon because the Patriots get fined or benched if they do because of what happened to Carr on Sunday.

If Sony gets hurt, James is a league winner.  
I think Harris becomes the guy that totes it like a lead back if Sony goes down. Depending, of course, on coaching staff trust and other things like ball security. That may be overstating Harris's role a bit, but either a further democratization of touches or Harris is in order. 

Yep, forgot about the other two. Notice he doesn't hold the ball out at the pylon because the Patriots get fined or benched if they do because of what happened to Carr on Sunday.

I think Harris becomes the guy the totes it like a lead back if Sony goes down. Depending, of course, on coaching staff trust and other things like ball security. 
I think Burkhead become a viable RB2 should Sony miss time.  Of course this is dependent on Rex's health

I think Burkhead become a viable RB2 should Sony miss time.  Of course this is dependent on Rex's health
If Sony were to miss time, I think it would be a true RBBC. Everyone would get a piece of the snaps and none of them would be great fantasy options. NE hasn’t ever really used Burkhead as a big carry back. He might see a dozen touches. If that equates to a RB2, so be it. But that’s essentially how he was used to start the season this year. 

If Sony were to miss time, I think it would be a true RBBC. Everyone would get a piece of the snaps and none of them would be great fantasy options. NE hasn’t ever really used Burkhead as a big carry back. He might see a dozen touches. If that equates to a RB2, so be it. But that’s essentially how he was used to start the season this year. 
As a Sony and Rex owner, I'm a bit worried about how this plays out once Rex returns. However, I suspect Rex might eat into White's value more than Sony's, because they aren't afraid to throw the ball to Rex. We shall see.

James White (toe) is questionable for the Patriots' Week 9 matchup against the Ravens.

White wasn't listed on the injury report until Friday. Damien Harris was a healthy scratch with Burkhead back in action last week for the first time since Week 4. The Patriots' backfield utilized the following rotation during their 27-13 win over the Browns: Sony Michel (41% snaps), White (41%), Burkhead (19%) and Brandon Bolen (4%). Continue to fire up Michel as a weekly RB2 as the primary touchdown scorer in the league's highest-scoring offense. White is at the most risk of losing significant pass-game work to Burkhead, as his six-touch performance last week was largely saved by a 59-yard sprint off a well-designed screen.

SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter.

Nov 1, 2019, 3:57 PM ET

he's as money as it comes, 10 fantasy ppg in PPR, every single week. he's due for his patented 24 pt, 3 td night soon..Ravens pass rush might be too much for Brady so he'll just dump off James.like always.LOL

Tanner9919 said:
he's as money as it comes, 10 fantasy ppg in PPR, every single week. he's due for his patented 24 pt, 3 td night soon..Ravens pass rush might be too much for Brady so he'll just dump off James.like always.LOL
Weren’t you the one saying the Cleveland rush was going to be too much for Brady last week? 

yeah and what's your point? they had 3 sacks, kept Brady to one of his lowest pt totals of the season, 20 comps, 259 yards, 2tds.pretty ho-hum wouldn't you say? I said they'd give Brady fits.they did. apparently you don't watch games or read the stats, but brady has his 2nd lowest comp % of the yr,  against Cleveland. his 3rd lowest QB rating, his 3rd lowest yardage totals of the year. he nearly tossed an int in the endzone if the brownies DB didn't drop it, hit him right in the hands. 

if not for the silly coaching staff, Cleveland wouldve been much more competitive. I ALSO said that Nick Chubb was going to be the living *@#$ out of the Patrtios.and of course, he did.

try to keep up, son.

Users who are viewing this thread