What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Make your case on why you should get a free app - Winners Announced (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
We have 5 free Magazine apps and 5 free Dominator apps to give away (each $4.99 value). Tell us your hard luck story or just amuse us to try and win one.

Just post in this thread to be considered. Contest closes at midnight ET on 7/21. Winners will be posted on 7/22 and contacted via PM.

David

Because I had Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Julio Jones, and Rob Gronkowski in one league last season. :cry:

Because (Sing to the tune of I Love Rock n Roll):

I love FOOTBALLGUYS.

So put another app in the App Store baby.

I love FOOTBALLGUYS

That's all I got. Bigbottom can take it from here.

To being to make up for all the times I drafted Garrard thanks to the the Perfect Draft articles

Been around since the yellow sheet daze and the mobile Dominator app would be awesome on my tablet while I run my local draft.

I actually already bought the draft dominator app, but feel like I deserve something for still having the old, small, no-back-button FBG app installed on my phone!

I should get a free FBG app because I have gotten in the FPC every year now and always sign up too late to receive the free subscription. :kicksrock: Not to mention next week I will be having surgery and will be down for a couple weeks. This free FBG app could really help me in my time of recovery/need. Plus If I do get the app I will finally get to have that FBG edge when drafting my teams in this years FPC for once!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Joe sends me a daily email promising that my FBG Pro subscription has EVERYTHING I need to Dominate My League. That same email tells me I need the Mobile App to Dominate My League. Logic 101 therefore tells me that my FBG subscription must include the Mobile App.

I deserve the magazine app because I am going to be traveling to Oklahoma for my son's graduation from basic next month with my 11 yr old, 7 yr old, and my inlaws (need I say more ;) )

Because I've been a subscriber for years even though Australians can't collect if they win the subscriber contest.

Mostly because I am a the type to refer business to everyone I run into. Everything is about who you know, and once people respect your opinion, they will value recommendations. A small investment stands to earn more FBG's.

Because the $5 I would save will be better spent supporting the college education of a very talented single mother who I happen to know. Her name is Sapphire, and she has a dream of one day becoming an architect. Help me help her make that dream come true.

agree with the Faust recommendation.

As for me, I just want to avoid getting killed in Yudkin's anarchy leagues year after year. I submitted a request to the Make A Wish Foundation, but it didn't pan out. Dodds, make a wish come true and help me secure a place in the anarchy league hierarchy.

I don't play for CASH (so this post is more for amusement, hopefully)

I already bought the magazine I figured most probably purchase a mag from the local store (shame,but my purchase is actually useful)

I probably would have considered the mobile draft app BUT

1) tbh I didn't know it existed (oops)

2) I don't know how to use such an app

3) Im not sure my nerves could stand another risk to losing connection (internet on my Rig) which could effect my draft.

4) I inadvertently took a kicker in the first rnd in the past! Yes its true Yahoo (at least in the past) will evaluate your team for starters in every position before adding "extra" I wasn't actually present for draft, but had spent hrs calculating my rankings

5) Id probably post my review/thoughts of the app..

I would love a free FBG app. Last year, I was a beta tester for FBG and got a free subscription to FBG. Admittedly, it was my first year subscribing to FBG. With my FBG subscription in hand, I won 3 of the 4 re-draft leagues I was in last season and it was easily my most successful season ever. Because of that, I'm now an FBG subscriber for life. The best fantasy content on the web, bar none. It would be awesome to continue my domination this year with a free draft dominator app!

Loyal lurker for the past 8 years, finally bought my first FBG app - the Draft Dominator FBG App, since purchase (yesterday morning) I've done 4 mocks for a draft that doesnt start for another month! The magazine app would be great as it would link nicely to my Draft Dominator app. I already referred my leaguemates to check it out too!

Also, though I am not quite Faust (I 5th his vote!), I did create this dandy/helpful thread a while back to help shepherd lost members to their team page: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=704014

Because I was a freelance writer way long ago about doing team projections, and again for dynasty helping Mike Anderson. I have not won anything, anywhere since........

Growing up I thought football was a stupid, meaningless sport. Then, in 2008, I started co-managing a fantasy team as a favor to my best friend. Shortly thereafter I discovered Footballguys, which not only taught me about fantasy but more importantly about football. Your website, these message boards, the Anarchy leagues and the Audible have taught me everything I know. Now I love this sport, the best sport in the world, and I can't imagine a day when I'm not learning something new. Footballguys has taught me to be a true student of the game.

A cool story, bro? Yes, bro. A very cool story. A very cool story indeed.

Because I think like Dodds: 42 posts made, 2.33 post per hour with 13 hours to go. That's 30 more posts for a projected total of 72 posts. Given 10 free apps I'm projecting a 1:7 chance of winning with very little effort on my part. That's good value there.

Instead of investing an extra $25 in my retirement fund each year, I've signed up for a Footballguys annual membership for the last 9 years (and will probably continue to do so). Assuming I do that until I'm 72, that's nearly $27000 that could have been grown in my retirement fund, but I instead invested in Footballguys' future. I'm giving up $27000, and only asking for a measly $5 app from you. Plus, I'll say, "Please."

I helped beta test the draft app and would love to endorse and use one. I also applied to become a FBG staff writer and got turned down, so will work on my craft like Mr. Bloom reccomends.

Because I want to roll some villain speech out on the unsuspecting saps in my league and I have the speech and now all I need is the ultimate weapon which is the dominator app! Imagine what carnage I might unleash on those pitiful half-wits if I could just lay my evil hands on that Dominator app.

[Me addressing the league]

"Ah, minions. You're so wrong on all your wasted, pathetic little draft picks! Let me explain. The perfect roster, which you strive in vain to achieve, comes from destruction, disorder, and chaos. Now, take this tablet, here it is: peaceful, serene, boring. But if it is destroyed--"

(smashes the tablet, little machines with Joe's icon emerge to dust up the pieces)

"Look at all these little things, so busy now. Notice how each one is useful. What a lovely ballet ensues, so full of form and color. Now, think about all those people that created them. Technicians, engineers, tens of people who will be able to feed their children tonight so those children can grow up big and strong and have little teenie-weenie fantasy football children of their own and so on and so forth, thus adding to the great chain...of fantasy football domination.

You see, bottom-feeders, by creating a little destruction; by stepping on your collective throats and squeezing the worthless air from your lungs that are used to make fruitless draft picks--and then reigning over you with my roster of studs like a crazed god of waiver wire holiness as my points pour in like Roger Goodell's suspensions, I am in fact encouraging life. In reality, you and I are in the same business. I'm just a lot better at it!"

MWUHAHAHA!

So you see my dear mad scientist friends at FBG, I want...no, NEED, that dominator! And I mean to have it by any means necessary!

In my dynasty league, at the end of last season, I had each of the following players on my 31 man roster

Josh Gordon, Ray Rice, Daryl Washington and Robert Mathis.

I shouldn't, if anything I should have to pay double.

But since that NVDA trade cost me nearly a GR I'll be happy to apply for FBG charity

Consider the Faust vote 6fthsfthed. And although that's DEFINITELY not a word, I mean it with all my heart.

I have subscribed to your site for 5 years and won't stop spending the money to support your cause. In each of those past 5 years it has gone from what used to be an entertaining expense I would check on twice a week to my release from the world when I can make time.

In those past 5 years my brother in law and his 3 kids and 2 dogs have moved in, and soon my mother-in-law will also be living with me (so my house of 3 has gone to a house of 9!). As the majority of the utilities fall to my responsibility, I've had to cut back on frivolous things I spend on ... but this is my guilty pleasures I won't stop purchasing. In the meantime - my nieces will get a better few years of life while my wife and I get them through a rough patch of their parents life and nothing is better than that time we can just relax and put the world away and read some quality FBG content! If I can make it through these next few years of my life, I'll make it through anything.

Writing directly to David, keep doing what you guys are doing. I think the content that you guys roll out is well worth the $, I can't justify NOT spending the cash just because it serves as great talking material and my wife also loves this site!

So in a nutshell, a free app would actually be helping my marriage :P

Users who are viewing this thread