What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Son of Anarchy League . . . Maybe (1 Viewer)

I agree playoff points till be huge, but along those same lines. If, something goes wrong and the team you just drafted a bunch of players from doesn't make it or is one and done- there goes your season. The strategy's I see developing are interesting though.
People use strategies?
:stalker:
I'm generally not joking. I see how the drafts go, see who hasn't been picked but should have, and usually go BPA. Maybe midway through the draft or later in the draft then I have to worry about what is left to draft and try to map things out, but in the beginning I have no plan.

I mean, hell, three rounds in and I already filled my flex spot. I'm usually flexible strategy-wise as a draft progresses, but this is feeling pretty bullet-time right now.

this 3RR suuuucks big time. oof

picks @ 11 , 54 then next at 86 , 107 & then 150 :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did D. Thomas get ball cancer over the last couple of days?

Thanks for the early Xmas gift guys.
Over Calvin, Dez and AJ. Maybe people don't want to be chasing the other positions all draft? Either way, I think I just named off at least 2 WRs I would have taken at your spot over Thomas.
Calvin, it was a debate. Both should have gone 1/2. I ultimately went DT because of the add'l TDs in Denver. By add'l, I mean bigger TD pie. For mean that means less of a chance of him pulling a Calvin a couple of years ago when the TDs were sparse. I'm also figuring on two extra games for DT and only 0.5 games for Calvin.

Sad when it looks like I'll be up again soon but in reality it's still 20 picks away. Massive scale in this beast.
I looked at the draft report and thought, wow, I better pre-draft, my pick isn't that far away. Then I counted the actually number of picks and it was 16 picks before mine.

Did D. Thomas get ball cancer over the last couple of days?

Thanks for the early Xmas gift guys.
Over Calvin, Dez and AJ. Maybe people don't want to be chasing the other positions all draft? Either way, I think I just named off at least 2 WRs I would have taken at your spot over Thomas.
Calvin, it was a debate. Both should have gone 1/2. I ultimately went DT because of the add'l TDs in Denver. By add'l, I mean bigger TD pie. For mean that means less of a chance of him pulling a Calvin a couple of years ago when the TDs were sparse. I'm also figuring on two extra games for DT and only 0.5 games for Calvin.
I was pretty happy and surprised to get Calvin at 12. Every time someone took a QB it just pushed top players I thought I didn't have a shot at to me. And I had Gronk queued up right behind Calvin on the autopicks and he slid down to 19.

Brandin Cooks is flying up the draft boards, taken here at WR 29 - heading out for a short run/walk but I will check back as soon as I return

Yeah.....wrs going like hot cakes....felt in this format i needed two wr by 3rd pick...had hoped Floyd or Sanders would make it to me....Cooks early here but seemed a decent fallback.

Something I thought would never happen in my life but the value was to much to pass up.

3.23 Seattle Defense

Dang near scored 300 points last year while the roughly 50% of the league was under 100 points. Never before have I seen such lopsided scoring. Really didn't want to risk getting caught in a defense run and get stuck with a defense posting -20 pt weeks.

Would someone using the draft dominator let me know where they were supposed to be drafted using best starter please.

Well I've doomed myself to a late QB and 3rd down RBs, but I think the advantage I have at WR1, WR2, and D will make up for that. At least there's hope I find the 2014 version of Moreno.

Something I thought would never happen in my life but the value was to much to pass up.

3.23 Seattle Defense

Dang near scored 300 points last year while the roughly 50% of the league was under 100 points. Never before have I seen such lopsided scoring. Really didn't want to risk getting caught in a defense run and get stuck with a defense posting -20 pt weeks.

Would someone using the draft dominator let me know where they were supposed to be drafted using best starter please.

Well I've doomed myself to a late QB and 3rd down RBs, but I think the advantage I have at WR1, WR2, and D will make up for that. At least there's hope I find the 2014 version of Moreno.
I was planning on jumping the gun with them in round 5 , figured the 6 & 7th would see Ds going. Ballys , very ballsy

3.23 Seattle Defense

I was planning on jumping the gun with them in round 5 , figured the 6 & 7th would see Ds going. Ballys , very ballsy
I may have jumped the guy, we will see. Figured at least a few folks would be using the dominator and I guessing they have been at the top of the board for quite some time. I'm not expecting them to duplicate last year, but they did outscore #2 by 50 points. They posted double digit points 15 of 19 weeks. They were one of three teams that didn't have a negative week. The beloved Cowboys had 6 negative weeks including a -19 point outing.

With a lot lower scoring advantage in the other Anarchy leagues, SEA DEF went as early as pick 49 and was under pick 100 in 4 other leagues. (Pick 87 in this one.)

I almost took them with my 3rd pick, but I decided I would rather have a high carry RB than a top defense. And with so many players coming off the board until I picked again, I could see the writing on the wall that the talent pool is going to dry up halfway through the draft. We have to draft 224 RB, WR, and TE. That's a crazy number of players. Only 231 of those positional players scored 50 points last year (and 220 the year before). It's going to be dumpster diving by the end.

3.23 Seattle Defense

brief look at their schedule last year compared to this year might make a difference.....eli and ARZ launching up a third of their regular season ints in the last two regular season games might not happen again...and 5 to's by SF in week 2...played nfc south and afc south with pretty weak teams/qb's...seriousy look at their schedule last year and think about the QB's/teams they faced and when....schedule this year a little tougher, lets just go ahead and say it...yeah it is.....say hi to rodgers week 1 and go from there....the difference they make against the field may not be as much as it was last year....they lost some def players as well.....DST 23 scored 135 half of SEA 276......last year....that gap closes this year.....not sure what the draft dominator says....but to think you will get the same advantage this year might be pounding your chest a little early....lol....cheers partner....wink

3.23 Seattle Defense

brief look at their schedule last year compared to this year might make a difference.....eli and ARZ launching up a third of their regular season ints in the last two regular season games might not happen again...and 5 to's by SF in week 2...played nfc south and afc south with pretty weak teams/qb's...seriousy look at their schedule last year and think about the QB's/teams they faced and when....schedule this year a little tougher, lets just go ahead and say it...yeah it is.....say hi to rodgers week 1 and go from there....the difference they make against the field may not be as much as it was last year....they lost some def players as well.....DST 23 scored 135 half of SEA 276......last year....that gap closes this year.....not sure what the draft dominator says....but to think you will get the same advantage this year might be pounding your chest a little early....lol....cheers partner....wink
Def 10-20 scored between 100-120 points. 12 other teams were below 100. i didn't want to be that guy drafting the 2013 Bears thinking I was going to be alright only to net 66 points.

Their schedule may be harder, but they still play 8 games at home…err…10 games at home. They still get Ari/STL/SF 6 times and those teams aren't offensive power houses. Cut their production in half and they are still a top ten defense.

3.23 Seattle Defense

Def 10-20 scored between 100-120 points. 12 other teams were below 100. i didn't want to be that guy drafting the 2013 Bears thinking I was going to be alright only to net 66 points.

Their schedule may be harder, but they still play 8 games at home…err…10 games at home. They still get Ari/STL/SF 6 times and those teams aren't offensive power houses. Cut their production in half and they are still a top ten defense.
top ten DST...?.......yeah no problem with that....but maybe not a third round pick in this format.......

With a lot lower scoring advantage in the other Anarchy leagues, SEA DEF went as early as pick 49 and was under pick 100 in 4 other leagues. (Pick 87 in this one.)

I almost took them with my 3rd pick, but I decided I would rather have a high carry RB than a top defense. And with so many players coming off the board until I picked again, I could see the writing on the wall that the talent pool is going to dry up halfway through the draft. We have to draft 224 RB, WR, and TE. That's a crazy number of players. Only 231 of those positional players scored 50 points last year (and 220 the year before). It's going to be dumpster diving by the end.
54 of those 231 were within 2 ppg range. That amounts to 1.7 rounds of players drafted. I gave up a round of positional players taking defense early. With all the bad picks being made I feel like I gave up even less than that.

54 of those 231 were within 2 ppg range. That amounts to 1.7 rounds of players drafted. I gave up a round of positional players taking defense early. With all the bad picks being made I feel like I gave up even less than that.
curious as to all the bad picks being made.....for discussion purposes....please dazzle us with those...

curious as to all the bad picks being made.....for discussion purposes....please dazzle us with those...
:popcorn:

Another productive 24 hours on the draft front. 49 picks the first day, 54 picks the second day. No one timed out. Let's keep it up. Hopefully the weekend won't slow things down. With a good tailwind, we might get through half the draft by the end of today.

Another productive 24 hours on the draft front. 49 picks the first day, 54 picks the second day. No one timed out. Let's keep it up. Hopefully the weekend won't slow things down. With a good tailwind, we might get through half the draft by the end of today.
...and you jinxed it.

:popcorn:
Bump.

Bah Norseman took the QB I was hoping would be there.
This is mostly why I am not really following the draft very much, not trying to develop some grand master plan or strategy, and am mostly just going to get caught up to what has happened when it is my turn to pick. Not worth exerting the energy that the guy you want will make it all those picks to you. The only thing I think people can do is look at who might be around after their next big draft break, and even that could be pretty useless.

Anarchy99 said:
montana_grizzly_bears said:
This is mostly why I am not really following the draft very much, not trying to develop some grand master plan or strategy, and am mostly just going to get caught up to what has happened when it is my turn to pick. Not worth exerting the energy that the guy you want will make it all those picks to you. The only thing I think people can do is look at who might be around after their next big draft break, and even that could be pretty useless.
Amen brother

If rzrback didn't take Trent Richardson I likely would have locked up my flex by making him my 3rd RB. After several years of drafting with rzrback I often notice liking some of the same players he ends up taking. I am not sure if that is a good thing for team Holloway or not.

With Richardson off the board the field becomes more sketchy with the situational RB like Miller, Sproles. Woodhead or the old guys like MJD and Jackson.

From that perspective I am pretty happy to have had 2 great RB locked up already.

I would have liked to get Dwayne Allen and had him in my clump of WR picks that ended up being Terrance Williams who I expect to take another step forward from an already great rookie season.

I am far from a Cowboys fan but they were the 5th team in overall points last season despite being dead last in the number of offensive plays. I think that bodes well for their offensive players as Scott Linehan influences their offense to pick up the pace.

montana_grizzly_bears said:
I was planning on waiting until the last round or two to take a QB, but when SD was still available after 17 had been taken I couldn't pass on that value. SD team QB finished 5th in Anarchy scoring last year.

Sake-Bombers said:
...and you jinxed it.
Sadly, you are correct, sir. 49 + 54 + 23 on day three. Weekends generally go at a much slower pace for some reason.

I was glad to get Eifert as the 20th tight end on a team that could/should make the playoffs. Being my second Bengal, I am hoping that they do, but he seemed a value that late regardless.

Hoping for a quicker pace today, but as many have stated it is over two 12-teamer rounds away.

I feel like I'm never gonna draft again.
I know. My cousin was asking me yesterday who I got besides Peterson.

I had 4 players by then.

I was starting to hope Ebron or Walker might fall to me. Nope.

I like Marqise Lee almost as much as Sammy Watkins, so not bad to get him another 60 picks later.

Sum Ting Wong sniped my QB I like to get late.

I was glad to get Eifert as the 20th tight end on a team that could/should make the playoffs. Being my second Bengal, I am hoping that they do, but he seemed a value that late regardless.

Hoping for a quicker pace today, but as many have stated it is over two 12-teamer rounds away.
I was really really hoping he'd fall to me two slots later, I think that was a great pick!

I wanted eifert cook or walker. Backup plan was khiry. All gone right before my pick. Read some good press on white. Belicheck must be fed up with Ridley and those fumbles. Playoff team also.

As others have mentioned, I was excited to see that it was almost my turn to make a pick. But in reality, it is still 20+ picks from now.

Ahhh... Back in the day with Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. Lots of memories - Crosby still available and maybe a young but Stills is gone and Nash plays roundball.

Users who are viewing this thread