Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anarchy99

Son of Anarchy League . . . Maybe

So yeah, I was the idiot that drafted Josh Gordon. But there is some method to the madness. We basically are dealing with 7 skill position players per team in this league (2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and a Flex). We get to swap one out if we so choose, and I have the #2 waiver claim.

As I see it, if Gordon only gets suspended for half the season, at this point in the draft he could easily out produce any of the players left on the board. In his last 8 games last season, he scored over 200 points in this format. I am of the ilk that he is going to get booted for the entire season. If that is the case, now I have someone to jettison with my early waiver claim.

My fear for me was getting a team that I liked and then not having anyone I wanted to part with, thus wasting my good waiver position. I have that problem in most drafts, where I walk away with a roster full of guys I want to keep. So in the early going of the season, I don't really want to cut anyone to pick up someone on waivers off to a hot start.

Now I took that decision making issue away, as I will either have a high scoring WR that might be around half the season or a guy I won't think twice about dropping.

and was logged in 4 hours ago...

Yeah - sorry for this, guys...thought I had drafted Moreno via mobile and little did I know it actually did not make the selection and ultimately timed me out.

So yeah, I was the idiot that drafted Josh Gordon. But there is some method to the madness. We basically are dealing with 7 skill position players per team in this league (2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and a Flex). We get to swap one out if we so choose, and I have the #2 waiver claim.

As I see it, if Gordon only gets suspended for half the season, at this point in the draft he could easily out produce any of the players left on the board. In his last 8 games last season, he scored over 200 points in this format. I am of the ilk that he is going to get booted for the entire season. If that is the case, now I have someone to jettison with my early waiver claim.

My fear for me was getting a team that I liked and then not having anyone I wanted to part with, thus wasting my good waiver position. I have that problem in most drafts, where I walk away with a roster full of guys I want to keep. So in the early going of the season, I don't really want to cut anyone to pick up someone on waivers off to a hot start.

Now I took that decision making issue away, as I will either have a high scoring WR that might be around half the season or a guy I won't think twice about dropping.

yeah but what if it is announced that Gordon is suspended for the full year and Marvin Jones (or any of your RB's, WR's, or TE's) blows out his knee in the preseason....you have secured a zero...

yeah but what if it is announced that Gordon is suspended for the full year and Marvin Jones (or any of your RB's, WR's, or TE's) blows out his knee in the preseason....you have secured a zero...

Certainly anything is possible, but we are dealing with a sample size of 6 other players. If one of those guys gets stricken with some lifelong debilitating injury in the next 3 weeks, then things were not meant to be. I'm playing to win. As Ricky Bobby's dad would say, "Son, if you ain't first, you're last."

Certainly anything is possible, but we are dealing with a sample size of 6 other players. If one of those guys gets stricken with some lifelong debilitating injury in the next 3 weeks, then things were not meant to be. I'm playing to win. As Ricky Bobby's dad would say, "Son, if you ain't first, you're last."

preaching to the choir here as indicated in my signature....second place is first loser....but I don't know...I think 8 games is a given and most likely 16....even if it's 8, I'm not sure you are going to get the production you mentioned above.....that stretch included a couple of back to back weeks that had never been done before....while you may say that you are playing to win, some may say you have actually gambled and put your team in a sitaution not to win....had you taken someone else and only one player suffers a preseason injury, you might be able to recover and still win (partially because of that high waiver priority)....

I'm actually kind of hoping he only gets 8 now....and that nobody else on your roster gets hurt....because I would like to see if you really follow through....and if nothing else, it maybe let's a better waiver player slide.....

So did you know about Jones' broken foot when you posted this . . . or did you have a Jones voodoo doll and stab him in the foot with a knitting needle? Either way, no Christmas card for you this year.

So did you know about Jones' broken foot when you posted this . . . or did you have a Jones voodoo doll and stab him in the foot with a knitting needle? Either way, no Christmas card for you this year.

lol....oh my....had no idea.....just heard...that's some funny ####......

Now that Ref has proven he is the devil and has hoofed feet, who wants to replace him in this league and the Anarchy leagues next year???

Not too happy with my team. My strategy of focusing on RB/TE didn't quite pan out.

I wanted Travis Kelce more than Tim Wright. I also thought the DeAngelo Williams pick was a nice value.

I do not think any of us will end up with a team we truly feel great about every pick.

The roster volume combined with the defensive scoring and the tenuous position of PK makes these last few picks tough.

I thought I had several "last round" WRs and RBs that would be left and the number is significantly less than several already.

Thanks David for another challenge.

My apologies for the blunder this morning. I was travelling and just had a moment to check. Didn't want to hold up the draft for 4-5 hours until I arrived back in town. Completely forgot I'd taken mason via pre-draft before. Sorry for any problems it caused.

My apologies for the blunder this morning. I was travelling and just had a moment to check. Didn't want to hold up the draft for 4-5 hours until I arrived back in town. Completely forgot I'd taken mason via pre-draft before. Sorry for any problems it caused.

I'm not sure anyone even noticed. There were no players picked after your blunder for another two hours, and I think I changed out your pick in about 10 minutes.

Next time, though, you loose a finger as retribution.

I'm not sure anyone even noticed. There were no players picked after your blunder for another two hours, and I think I changed out your pick in about 10 minutes.

That's better than getting Mikel LeShoure assigned to your team.

That's better than getting Mikel LeShoure assigned to your team.

You say that now, but will your opinion change when Mikel LeShoure's finger is attached to your hand as a replacement?

Now that Ref has proven he is the devil and has hoofed feet, who wants to replace him in this league and the Anarchy leagues next year???

According to some............ Jay Feely is on the Roster Bubble at Arizona, with rookie Chandler Catanzaro possibly taking his spot. Karma???

According to some............ Jay Feely is on the Roster Bubble at Arizona, with rookie Chandler Catanzaro possibly taking his spot. Karma???

In the regular anarchi I was going on the belief that there were only a few kickers on bubbles and avoided those, but now that camps are underway there appear to be more. It may just be noise, but with a kicker constituting 10 percent of the roster, better safe with a Cundiff than possibly sorry later with some of the higher upside guys who aren't as secure.

I'm not very high on Ridley, but the rest of your RB/WR corp are all guys I've got my eye on this year.

So yeah, I was the idiot that drafted Josh Gordon.

Completely disregarding the "how am I going decide who to drop" aspect, I think this was a wise move. You get to sit back and see what happens with very little risk.

(Although, if he does only get 8 games, and you keep him, you'll be back in the boat of making a tough decision on who to cut.)

at least I don't have Feely and Gordon....and Marvin Jones

i gots a pretty high waiver pick....if I have to use it on a PK so be it.....hopefully I stay healthy elsewhere.....even if Feely does get cut (which I don't think he will, I could be wrong)....he could get picked up elsewhere, ala Carpenter last year etc.....

i gots a pretty high waiver pick....if I have to use it on a PK so be it.....

Is that an option? I was thinking it was RB/WR/TE only, but I guess using it on K would be a possibility, too, if it's in the rules.

Is that an option? I was thinking it was RB/WR/TE only, but I guess using it on K would be a possibility, too, if it's in the rules.

yeah when they switched it from TMPK to individual PK.....it brought K into the mix....

You can drop any individual player for another individual player (RB/WR/TE/PK). Obviously we can't drop QBs or DEFs as there are none left to pick up as a replacement.

You can drop any individual player for another individual player (RB/WR/TE/PK). Obviously we can't drop QBs or DEFs as there are none left to pick up as a replacement.

Cool. I obviously knew we switched from TeamK to individual, I wasn't sure if "we" remembered to switch the waiver part.

That said, good idea Ref.

I'm not very high on Ridley, but the rest of your RB/WR corp are all guys I've got my eye on this year.

Not a Ridley guy either except for in this format. I figure the Pats going into the playoffs is a lock so he should see some sort of post season production.

BassNBrew Player 2013 YTD Pts Bye

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB 252.92 10

Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB 189.02 5

Mason, Tre STL RB - 4

McFadden, Darren OAK RB 100.34 5

Adams, Davante GBP WR (P) - 9

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR 393.60 4

Welker, Wes DEN WR 250.80 4

Miller, Zach SEA TE 111.30 4

Hauschka, Steven SEA PK 206.20 4

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def

Good but not perfect. Nailed it out of the start with Dt and Welker. May have jumped the gun on Seattle but thought I could pull it off. MJD and DMac will provide solid points. Very happy with that combo. Feel like Mason was a steal where I took him. He better pan out because I left a ton of WR/TE value on the board to get him. RBs seemed to slide after this. Adams was probably a bad pick. UTG traveling and made a snap decision. figured I could get Miller later. Won't win the league, but win post some points. Very happy with Houston QB in the last round. Houston isn't that far away from when they were a high scoring team and in the playoffs.

Team Holloway

QB Buffalo 9.19

RB 1 Trent Richardson 3.19 IND

RB 2 KaDeem Carey 10.14 CHI

WR 1 A. J. Green 1.14 CIN

WR 2 Keenan Allen 2.19 SD

WR 3 Dwayne Bowe 4.14 KC

WR 4 Andre Roberts 8.14 WSH

TE Tyler Eifert 5.19 CIN

PK Shayne Graham NO 6.14

Not bad, really pleased getting Carey with my last pick. Was regretting taking Roberts in the 8th as many of my final running backs kept being taken. Not that happy with Buffalo team QB, but hoping that Manuel will be better than he has looked early in this pre-season. Really like my wide receivers. Hoping that several of my borderline playoff teams come through.

Thanks again to David for thinking this one up and implementing it. It will be fun tracking all year long.

DST Houston 7.19

Baltimore Ravens Qb 5.12

Marshawn Lynch 1.21

Ray Rice 3.12

Harry Douglas 4.21

TY Hilton 2.12

Mohamad Sanu 7.12

Jace Amaro 8.21

Josh Scobee 9.12

Cleveland Browns Def 6.21

Ran out of picks for kicker and tight end since I waited so long. Hopefully depth at Rb and Wr will make up for it. Maybe Amaro will work out and be a surprise.

9.08 Browns QB - Though for sure I'd get Vikings QB this late. Not too displeased with this though. Hoping for a quick Manziel takeover.

1.25 Montee Ball - So torn between him and J Thomas. Felt like both were excellent values. Went the risky route.

4.25 D Williams - Time share concerns have him and Stewart's value so far down it's ridiculous. I am loving them in total points and best ball leagues.

3.08 J Edelman - Playoffs were a major factor here. But seems to have WR1 on lockdown in NE.

6.25 J Cotchery - Big fat meh, but came from nowhere in Pittsburgh last year.

10.25 C Washington - I'll jump on the preseason bandwagon at this price. Easy choice for replacement if he fizzles.

2.08 J Witten - I'm ending up with him in a lot of leagues. I don't think he'll be too far off the big dogs at the end of the year.

5.08 T Kelce - Taken right after his big game 1 catch. Possible overreaction.

7.08 N Novak

8.25 Dolphins

It's tough to be too hyped about your prospects in a 32 teamer. There are a handful I feel really drafted well. I'll be glad to be in the 50th percentile here.

Seahawks, Seattle SEA TMQB393.48 4

Blount, LeGarrette PIT RB162.20 12

Sankey, Bishop TEN RB 9

Austin, Miles CLE WR48.40 4

Boldin, Anquan SFO WR290.70 8

Wright, Jarius MIN WR87.40 10

Davis, Vernon SFO TE (P)235.40 8

Ebron, Eric DET TE 9

Walsh, Blair MIN PK132.90 10

Jets, New York NYJ Def90.00 11

Hit mobile snafu wanting Moreno to tandem with Sankey...settled on Ebron hoping he can muster some targets in what should be a high-flyin' Detroit offense. Had LaFell and Royal pre-drafted ahead of Wright in the last round...optimistic that the Vikings offense may be more than just handing it to AP on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down behind Norv Turner. Walsh should benefit (although outdoors this year) and hoping the Jets D can bounce back under Rex.

Never completed / competed in 32-team league before and had fun with the draft...will look forward to any FA moves that can be made throughout the season. Thanks for setting this up and allowing me to participate.

if a player is dropped when waivers happen is he available to the people who are still able to pick or is he locked?

assuming they are locked.....

eta: oops....just saw that dropped players can be picked up by teams who are still able to pick....

not sure how I feel about that one.....hmmmmm

if a player is dropped when waivers happen is he available to the people who are still able to pick or is he locked?

assuming they are locked.....

Any player dropped is fair game to anyone else. I will go through all 32 teams in reverse draft order to manually change the rosters, which will show up as replacement picks during the draft. The dropped players should show up in the free agent player pool. Since they are not actually getting processed as a waiver wire claim or a direct roster move, none of the players should be locked out of the system. At least that is the way I am hoping for things to go.

There will be no way for any owner to swap players on the MFL site directly. I suggest we start a thread in the Mock Draft forum so people can announce who they are claiming, who they are drafting, or if they want to abstain from using their waiver claim. That is probably the easiest way to work it.

2.07 Washington Redskins TMQB

5.07 Andre Williams RB NYG

7.07 Ronnie HIllman RB DEN

8.26 Jonathan Stewart RB CAR

3.07 Torrey Smith WR BAL

6.26 Andre Holmes WR OAK

10.26 Jarvis Landry WR MIA

1.26 Julius Thomas TE DEN

9.07 Jay Feeley PK ARZ

4.26 Denver Broncos DST

QB:

Whether its RG3 or Cousins should be ok here and in the top 10 with some potential for maybe a few playoff points. Wasn't sure how TMQB would go in this thing so I jumped on one pretty early. Had I known I could get ARZ in the 5th or KC in the 6th, I would have passed on WAS here. Lesson learned.

RB:

Waited 5 rounds to snag RB and had zero intention of snagging 3. Not sure how the #### that happened. Williams seemed like a safe pick at that point after his preason performance and virtual lock at least on goal line love if nothing else. Hillman appears to have yanked the DEN RB2 role out of the hands of Anderson and DEN is one place you can get some significant points from the RB2 position. Hillman has a ton of talent and seems to have figured it out. I think Bass initially drafted Stewart, but then it looks like that got switched to Mason or something. So when he was available in the 8th I gobbled him up as I almost took him instead of Hillman in the 7th. This was not the original plan, as in PPR most of us probably weren't going to go with 3 RB's (I know I sure the hell wasn't) but I took a chance that all the yoga and #### that Stew has been doing may help him stay healthy and the talent may still be there at still a young age of 27. If he indeed is healthy, he should have no problem beating out Dwilly for primary carries. Could be an 8th round steal or my waiver wire move.

WR:

Smith should see plenty of targets. Holmes I guess is one of the main guys in OAK. And I guess I gotta hope Landry beats out Gibson/Mathews in the slot in MIA. The Holmes pick was really just about tryingto find a body that would be on the field as much as possible. He seems to be running as the WR1 there right now. I really misread/####ed up what I thought I could get at WR and I have noone to blame but myself, but even looking back, if I go WR instead of Stewart in the 8th, there was really nothing I loved at WR, they were pretty much gone by then. Heck there wasn't much left even in the 7th if I would have passed on Hillman (knowing/ not knowing I could get Stew in the 8th). My WR mess starts with not being able to pass on Thomas in the 1st, taking a TMQB in the second and a defense in the 4th. Total cluster ####. Oh well....

TE:

Thomas: pretty easy pick, not much to say, couldn't pass this up. Should get some extra games here. IMO there was still some value at this position left even in the last round/few rounds. Mental note for next year.

PK:

Hope he keeps the job or catches on quickly somewhere else should he get released. High waver pick helps me here should I need it.

DST:

After giving Bass some crap about jumping on SEA early, I used my next pick on a DST. I have them as my DST2, with possibility of DST1, especially in this format (playoffs). Von Miller and Ware could wreck havoc and get loads of sacks as teams try to keep pace with the DEN offense. The pressure can also lead to some INT's and the addition of Talib and Ward to the secondary makes the secondary tougher and more talented. Fantasy points here boys and girls and in this format where you are basically just drafting one weekly starting lineup, any edge you can get on the field at any solo position is an advantage.

Overall:

Meh....was a fun draft in that you are almost like a real GM trying to put together an actual starting lineup. Took the approach of giving the solo spots (QB/TE/DST) a little more of a priority then the core positions of RB/WR. It will probably come back to haunt me and a middle of the road finish give or take. Haven't looked at all the rosters, I'm sure most have weaknesses, although I'm sure some hit it out of the park. The waiver run could make a pretty big impact for some.

Good luck, this will be a fun one to watch each week....looking forward to checking in on this one a little more than others....

:banned:

Carolina Panthers TMQB

I like Cam in this format since I think he should score consistently whether he is running or throwing the ball. Not much of a running game to contend with in CAR, but obviously they have a lack of talent at WR.

CJ Anderson, RB DEN

Lance Dunbar, RB DAL

Alfred Morris, RB WAS

I like this trio. Alfred should be a top 10 guy and get 20+ touches a game. Dunbar and Anderson should get their share of touches.

Danny Amendola, WR NEP

Kenny Britt, WR STL

Andrew Hawkins, WR CLE

This trio will make or break this team. If Amendola is injured again or if Britt decides to repeat his last couple seasons then I will behind many other teams quickly. I like Baby Hawk and he should see plenty of balls in the air, especially if Gordon is gone for all 16 games.

Martellus Bennett, TE CHI

All kinds of talent around him and in an explosive offense. Lack of targets could be his downfall though.

Sebastian Janikowski, PK OAK

Kicker that should have a secure position, but re-occurring lower body injuries over the last few and age could slow him down.

Dallas Cowboys TMD

Mehhh.

I actually like this team, but if my WR fail I would be in a deep whole. Very few guys I am confident will be playing in January, but a few other that should definitely have their teams in the running for playoff spots. Didn't really concern myself with the aspect since the playoff teams in the NFL changes so much from year to year.

QB: Tenn (8.28/TQB25): Picking 28th I knew the top QB would be gone, so held off, but didn’t want to get stuck with one of the last ones. Locker has some upside and is not in a tough division but clearly has to stay healthy for this to work out, and not a lot of hope for playoff points.

RB: Decided that drafting 28th it made sense to fill RB early, so Le’veon Bell (1.28/RB9) and Andre Ellington (2.05/RB11) it was. Likely passed on a few WR who put up a few more points on the belief I’m more likely to get lucky with WR later in the draft, and RB was going to get thin fast. Some but not great playoff potential.

WR: Colston (3.05/WR24), Kelvin Benjamin (4.28/WR47), and J. Kearse (6.28/WR72). Bumped each up a few spots on the rankings due to playoff potential, and good news from camp about Benjamin.

TE: Waited, and waited, and waited. Mercedes Lewis (7.05/TE27) seemed to offer some value because of all the injuries and rookieage in Jax at receiver, but will be gifting me a January goose egg for sure.

Flex: With the no worse than the fifth pick amongst the week one free agents, I wanted my last pick to be someone I’d have a better idea a month from now would be a contributor throughout the season. Picking Brandon Bostick (10.28/Flex30), I’m hoping the GB TE situation clarifies by then. I was a little surprised the number of RB who are filling flex spots–by my count 10 of the first 20 flex drafted. There just isn’t that many RB worthy in today’s NFL, but a few of those picks may have been early, before the real big dropoff.

PK: Cundiff (9.05/PK24). Would have preferred Nugent, who was taken two picks before, but this appears to be safe enough this late.

Def: Cincy (5.05/Def5). Wanted a good one given the scoring, and figured only average ones would be left if I had to wait 55 more picks.

Thanks for putting this together David, it is great prep for deep auctions and drafts, and should be fun to follow. I agree that playoffs may be more important in this one than the regular anarchist leagues, but by the same token injuries will as well.

Raiders, Oakland OAK TMQB - 255 - TMQB26

I have never figured out the fascination with drafting QBs so early in these leagues. Certain teams that have great QB numbers AND are perennial playoff teams I get. But some of the other team QBs always go flying off the shelf when historically they will only score a little bit better than all but the bottom tier of QBs (and are far from locks to make the postseason). There we 13 TMQB picked in the Top 50 overall picks. Last year, there were 25 TMQB that ranked in the Top 50 in overall scoring.

I have no love for the Raiders. They are usually a hot mess. They also usually have question marks at QB, but their defense is normally bad enough that their QBs put up decent enough numbers for the Anarchy Leagues. They generally are in that average to near average bucket that you can pick up really late that typically ranks in the Top 15-20 or so range, which to me is more than sufficient for how late you can get them. Compared to other years, I do think their receivers are pretty good.

Toby Gerhart JAC RB - 66 - RB21

Picking at the 31 slot, the top RBs were long gone, the value was at WR, so that meant picking from the leftovers at pick 66. I would have taken Andre Johnson, who was picked just before me, to start WR-WR-WR. Gerhart is getting touted as one of the few three down, workhorse backs. Even if he is only so so, if he approaches 300 touches he will end up being worth the pick. But he is a Jaguar, so that in itself is a but scary. I think he will end up in the RB12-15 range if his workload is what it is projected to be.

Ahmad Bradshaw IND RB - 194 - RB53

One thing that intrigued me by this league was the strategy of when non-starter RBs would get drafted. Certain guys had more value then in regular Anarchy leagues with the advent of PPR for RB (Vereen, Sproles, Woodhead, Thomas, etc,), but the limited touch guys and back ups still need to play to have much value. I don't have a lot of faith in Trent Richardson lighting the world on fire in IND and Ballard is on the shelf, so I figured I would take a shot on Bradshaw. The Colts appear to be a good bet to play at least one extra game, so why not. That being said, Bradshaw has had great difficulty staying on the field, so while I like his situation, I am very concerned he won't hold up all season. Last year's RB53 scored 93 points, and I would guess if healthy Bradshaw gets 115-120, more if Richardson gets nicked or underperforms.

Antonio Brown PIT WR - 31 - WR9

Brown seemed like a very safe pick, even if he loses some receptions from last year. He may not snag 110 receptions this year, but I think the Steelers can make a run at the playoffs. Speaking of which, I think a lot of drafters put a little bit too much emphasis on taking guys from potential playoffs teams. IMO, there are 6 teams that should be in the tournament again this season (NE, IND, DEN, SEA, SF, GB). Beyond that, all the other teams are maybes. I know CIN made the playoffs 3 years in a row, but they strike me as a bubble playoff team.

Getting back to Brown, getting a 100 reception guy in a PPR league seemed like a no brainer.

Randall Cobb GBP WR - 34 - WR11

Cobb always seems to be on the verge of having a truly huge season. Factoring the playoffs, he has 100 catch potential and plays on a great team with an elite QB. He was on a 100 catch pace before he got hurt last year, but he has not exactly been garnering rave reviews so far in camp. He should rank in the Top 15 with upside even higher.

Marvin Jones CIN WR - 130 - WR50

This had the makings of a decent pick. Last year's WR23 for a WR50 price tag on a playoff contending team seemed like a match made in heaven. But that was before Stinkin Ref gave him the evil eye. I am guessing Jones will have limited value this year with his broken foot. If you believe the team, he won't be out too long. If you believe Jene Bramel, he could miss half the season or more and could be very slow to recover. At this point I pretty much have to roll the dice and keep him.

Josh Gordon CLE WR - 191 - WR73

Given Ref's Nostramus prediction of pain and lifelong debilitating injuries to Marvin Jones, in hindsight drafting Gordon looks like a really bad move. After all this time, we really have very little idea what will happen to Gordon this year. Half a loaf of Gordon was probably better than a full loaf of a lot of other receivers at that point. And as previously mentioned, if he were to be suspended I could have just swapped him out for someone else. If Gordon is forced to sit the whole season and Jones goes on IR I am screwed.

Heath Miller PIT TE - 127 - TE16

I felt Miller was the best of the remaining TEs and did not really want to pick through the leftovers in another 60+ picks. Playoff aspirations and a 71-816-8 season two years ago tipped the scales.

Mike Nugent CIN PK - 258 - PK22

I was surprised to see Nugent still available this late, playing for a playoff contender and all. He didn't do great last year, A lot will depend on how efficient the Bengals offense is. Last year, Nugent kicked a lot more extra points than FGs. But a couple of years ago he kicked 15 more FGs than last season. From all accounts, it looks like his job is secure, so that's the main thing to worry about.

Raiders, Oakland DEF OAK - 319 - DEF32

I was expected DAL, MIN, or JAC here, so I was surprised to end up with OAK as the last DEF selected. While they won't win any beauty pageants, hopefully the Broncos won't destroy them twice this year. In hindsight, I should have taken a defense earlier in the draft, but strategically I am not sure when that would have been advisable. There were still some decent guys left at the end of the draft had I waited on taking a flex, and that probably would have been the better way to go. Live and learn.

Never having done a 32 team league before, I have no idea if I have a good team, bad team, or a middle of the road team. If Gordon doesn't get suspended at all I would have a great chance. If he misses half the year I think I will be competitive, and if he sits the season I need a plan B. Some improvement from the Raiders would also help. Not knowing any different, I will predict I finish somewhere in the middle, around 15th or so,

Lions - 1.16

Should be a rock solid passing offense all year. Will hope for a wild card game, but doubtful.

Hyde - 4.16

Moreno - 5.17

Todman - 10.16

How much gas does Gore have? Even if he has another solid season the #2 should get plenty of touches. If he startes to wear/break down Hyde could pay huge dividends. Moreno is underrated, IMO. It wasn't all the Denver offense that made him a good back last year. He's definitely in a MUCH worse situation this year, but he should still put up some ok numbers. I need him to get/stay healthy. I really like Todman. Despite all the "Gerhart will be a 3 down back" mumbo jumbo (See: above post), in last night's game it already seemed like the plan was for him to split time with Gerhart. I expect that to continue. He could be a real steal, if it does.

Fitzgerald - 2.17

Maclin - 3.17

Woods - 6.16

Fitz is Fitz. Maclin should produce, but I have durability concerns. He's my biggest concern. I have little worry that he'll be a solid WR in a PPR-ish scoring league.

Toilolo - 7.17

My top sleeper this year. Physical freak on a good offense. I think he'll come through.

Carpenter - 8.16

Should have a job for 16 games. That's all I was looking for. No playoffs, but that's ok.

Falcons - 9.17

Didn't have much to choose from. Can't see much difference in value in the bottom 15 or so defenses. They are really hard to predict. Might actually get a playoff game or two here. Who knows...

Overall, I don't have a lot of flashy or trendy players, but I intentionally didn't want to take a lot of risks. I wanted to take players I was confident would get some level of production.

Carolina Panthers TMQB

CJ Anderson, RB DEN

Lance Dunbar, RB DAL

Alfred Morris, RB WAS

Danny Amendola, WR NEP

Kenny Britt, WR STL

Andrew Hawkins, WR CLE

Martellus Bennett, TE CHI

Sebastian Janikowski, PK OAK

Dallas Cowboys TMD

Of the teams posted so far (Don't have time to look up the others right now.) I think this team has what it takes to finish second. Congratulations!

;)

God, my team sucks.

Packers QB

Ryan Matthews

Lamar Miller

Hakeem Nicks

Mike Williams

Martavus Bryant

Charles Clay

CJ Fiedorwitz

Stephen Gostkowski

NYG Defense

WRs are horrible, counting on the rookie at HOU to have some sort of impact.

I like most of my team, but will need some breaks to get close to the top.

TMQB San Diego 4.19 - the 18th TMQB taken, they finished 5th last year. After the top 4-5 QB's were taken I was planning on waiting until the last round or two, but couldn't pass on the value in the 4th. I don't expect a top 5 finish this year, but I don't think things have changed that much in SD that they will fall out of the top 10. One of my favorite picks. Decent chance for playoff games.

RB Doug Martin 2.14, James Starks 9.14 - Martin was the 14th RB taken, after being a top 5 pick last year. I thought that this was great value, but if TB doesn't improve their OL he will be doing good to match his draft spot. Charles Sims going down should help. Starks has limited upside unless Lacy would go down for extended time.

Originally thought TB had a decent shot at the playoffs, but the offense (read OL ) will need to improve for that. GB is almost a lock for extra games.

WR Emmanuel Sanders 3.14, Jordan Matthews 5.14, Kenbrell Thompkins 8.19 - Sanders as the 28th WR off the board should be great value. Denver had 3 WR's in the top 18 last year, so he could easily be top 10-15. I usually don't get rookies but they seem to be having better 1st years, and I've heard good thing about him. Thompkins should get opportunities in NE. Amandola hasn't been able to stay on the field, so that moves Thompkins up the list. Brady spreads it around, so it limits the upside, but it could be great for the 8th round. All 3 should make the playoffs.

TE Rob Gronkowski 1.19 - As long as he can keep healthy, he should be top 3. Maybe should have gone J Thomas. Playoff games almost guaranteed.

Flex Brent Celek 10.19 - Philadelphia wants to run even more offensive plays this year, giving more opportunities for all their players. Ertz limits his upside, but it is still too early to write him off. Considered Mike Tolbert and a couple of WR's, but thought Celek had more upside. Definite playoff possibilities.

K Mason Crosby 6.19 Shouldn't have any competition and definite playoff possibilities.

DEF Tampa Bay 7.14 - Lovie should return the Bucs to top 10-15 range. Playoff possibilities depend on improved offense ( OL)

Here is my 32 team dynasty start up team I guess-

TNQB Jax Bortles needs to start soon I think for this pick to not be really bad. But it was my last pick so not bad in that light.

RB

Adrian Peterson - How well Peterson does will have a ton to do with how this team finishes. I think he could be the RB1 even in a PPR format.

CJ Spiller - I have been drafting Spiller a ton and very happy to get him each time I have.

Damien Williams - I like this RB a lot and I am not sold that Moreno and Lamar Miller are the answers. I think Williams earns some playing time. The offensive line is still poor.

WR

Sammy Watkins - I think he is capable of 80 receptions if all goes well. But he is a rookie, so we shall see.

Terrance Williams - Did some very good things as a rookie last season and I think he builds on those numbers this season is an even more pass happy Cowboys offense.

Marqise Lee - Could be the number one target for Jacksonville.

TE

Tim Wright - It is not certain how the slot receiver looks will be handled. Wright has competition from rookies Herron and ASJ to hold off. Sad to hear Charles Sims is injured, but that is one less slot receiver for Wright to compete with.

DEF - Vikings. I believe in Zimmers track record of improving the pass defense of every group he has taken over. Having Jerry Gray coaching the defensive backs gives me optimism about that as well. The Vikings have some of the best return teams in the league if the defense can keep scores and yardage down this season, I think this pick will outperform the 220 slot I took them.

Kicker - Ryan Succop. My most regretted pick (although I did not care for the Wright pick much either). I could have taken some time to pick a safer kicker than Succop. But at the time I thought he was healthy. Sure enough though he came up lame with a groin injury the same day as I drafted him. Guessing this is my waiver move if he is not the Cheifs kicker this season.

This was a fun draft and thanks to David for setting this up.

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB

Brown, Donald SDC RB

Bush, Reggie DET RB

Decker, Eric NYJ WR

LaFell, Brandon NEP WR

Robinson, Allen JAC WR

Wallace, Mike MIA WR

Walker, Delanie TEN TE

Prater, Matt DEN PK

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

Don't love it don't hate it, should compete I guess...This was a fun challenging draft, Thanks David.

God, my team sucks.

Packers QB

Ryan Matthews

Lamar Miller

Hakeem Nicks

Mike Williams

Martavus Bryant

Charles Clay

CJ Fiedorwitz

Stephen Gostkowski

NYG Defense

WRs are horrible, counting on the rookie at HOU to have some sort of impact.

12th draft of the year for me with the bulk of them being 16 teasers….I haven't heard of two of the guys on your team. You sure you didn't confuse your NHL cheat sheets with the NFL cheat sheets?

Not sure why you would have you flex at TE.

Last year under this format, once you got past the top 64 RB, 96 WR, and 32 TE, the flex composition was 3 RB, 12 WR, and 17 TE.

http://football6.myfantasyleague.com/2014/top?L=43287&SEARCHTYPE=BASIC&COUNT=250&YEAR=2013&START_WEEK=1&END_WEEK=21&CATEGORY=overall&POSITION=RB%2BWR%2BTE&DISPLAY=points&TEAM=*

Last year under this format, once you got past the top 64 RB, 96 WR, and 32 TE, the flex composition was 3 RB, 12 WR, and 17 TE.

http://football6.myfantasyleague.com/2014/top?L=43287&SEARCHTYPE=BASIC&COUNT=250&YEAR=2013&START_WEEK=1&END_WEEK=21&CATEGORY=overall&POSITION=RB%2BWR%2BTE&DISPLAY=points&TEAM=*

we never really done this format before....scoring is same yeah....but rosters are WAY different....and that changes the TE thing is these