What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ben Roethlisberger - initially didn't want Steelers QB Kenny Pickett to succeed (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

On his weekly radio segment, Ben Roethlisberger (knee) admitted his leg ached after practice last Wednesday.
"I felt good in practice, but then Thursday night it just didn't feel real good, it kind of ached on me a little bit, didn't sleep a lot," said Roethlisberger. "It was a little discouraging, but I guess that's part of the rehab process." Roethlisberger added that his knee felt better Friday but still "not great." All indications are that Roethlisberger will return Sunday against Cincinnati though we'll have to see how he holds up in practice this week.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Oct 27 - 2:11 PM

Ben Roethlisberger - QB - Steelers
When speaking about his status for Week 8 against the Bengals, Ben Roethlisberger (knee) said "I'm not getting my hopes up for Sunday."
Roethlisberger admitted he isn't sure how his knee will react after experiencing inflammation last week. He practiced last Wednesday and Thursday before sitting out on Friday, though doctors deemed his inflammation as "normal." It's the second time in two days Roethlisberger has hinted that he's not 100 percent. It still sounds like Ben will suit up Sunday against the undefeated Bengals, but we might not know for sure until later this week.

Ben Roethlisberger (knee) is practicing in full for Week 8 against the Bengals.
"If there's a restriction, I shouldn't be out there," Roethlisberger said. Admittedly, Big Ben has said he's unsure of his Week 8 status after experiencing pain in his knee last week, but all signs continue to point toward him returning to the lineup after missing the past four-plus weeks. Roethlisberger's return will be a mammoth boost to the entire offense, especially Antonio Brown.

Sun, Nov 8

Citing a team source, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Steelers only expect Ben Roethlisberger (foot) to miss "1 to 2 weeks."

Advice: Previous reports had Roethlisberger missing "at least" a few weeks. Mort's report indicates Roethlisberger should only miss Week 10 against the Browns, then sit out during Pittsburgh's Week 11 bye, and return in Week 12 against the Seahawks. Expect Landry Jones to get the start against Cleveland, with DeAngelo Williams operating as the focal point of the Steelers' offense.

More: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

@AdamSchefter: Steelers' QB Ben Roethlisberger was expected to be in walking boot all week, but he is out and progressing ahead...

What do we think about Roethlisberger ROS?

Tough match-up this week, then Indy, then 2 tough ones with Cincy and Denver.

Think he can be ridden all the way through, or match-up dependent?

If you have a better option, you probably have too much invested in QBs.

Wandering in part way through the game with another QB's game plan and putting up 380 with 3 TDs in the time that's left. Passing for 330+ in every game he hasn't been hurt or in first-game-back-mode and averaging more than 2+ TDs says how good he and that system/cast are - and most of that was before Martavius was back. Starting from here with confidence.

Have to decide between he or Dalton. Had Dalton while Ben was out. Seahawks D hasn't been good against top QBs this year so leaning Ben

If you have a better option, you probably have too much invested in QBs.

Wandering in part way through the game with another QB's game plan and putting up 380 with 3 TDs in the time that's left. Passing for 330+ in every game he hasn't been hurt or in first-game-back-mode and averaging more than 2+ TDs says how good he and that system/cast are - and most of that was before Martavius was back. Starting from here with confidence.
What about his 2014 Home/Away splits? 75 yds/game 1.8TD/game fewer? Week 16 away @ Baltimore.

Haven't looked at his whole career, it's Thanksgiving and my wife is about to throw my iPhone into the toilet...

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Ben Roethlisberger did suffer a concussion Week 12 and is in the league's protocol.
Roethlisberger said in a radio interview Tuesday morning he did not suffer a concussion but was diagnosed with a "traumatic ocular migraine." Ben said he plans to practice Wednesday, and we should know then who is closer to the truth. Roethlisberger should still tentatively be expected to play against the Colts.

Why does this remind me of the Skins/RG3 concussion situation?

Anyone else terrified of the Broncos next week?

I'm scared for multiple reasons:

A) Their defense is legit

B) Can he get knocked out of the game? Been battling injuries all year long, they'll prob get to him a few times

I've got D Williams, Big Ben, and Antonio Brown in one league... What a bad week 15 game if I advance this week.

I'm usually pessimistic about tough matchups but it really just seems like all Ds can do is try to contain this offense. Other than the stinker vs the Bengals his first game back from injury, 350 yards has been the floor for Ben. They are constantly attacking through the air and Brown/Bryant are so good. I'll brace myself for a bit of a letdown but I can't imagine there are more than a couple guys you'd actually consider over him next week assuming he comes out of this week healthy.

He may be the best deep-ball QB ever.

Not because of arm/accuracy (which are good)...but the ability to allow the long patterns to work. And also secondary patterns and broken plays to be part of the gameplan.

I recall Terrell Suggs saying he was the best QB he had ever played against. Why?

As he said, Ben was the only QB where the Defense (plan/execution/ability of players) could win-out on all levels vs the Offense and yet Ben could overcome and still beat you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw a Chris Wesseling tweet that said the Steelers have 2,116 total yards in their last four games - second only to the 1982 Chargers for most ever in a 4 game span. Without Le'Veon too, insane.

I just saw a Chris Wesseling tweet that said the Steelers have 2,116 total yards in their last four games - second only to the 1982 Chargers for most ever in a 4 game span. Without Le'Veon too, insane.
Perfect. :thumbup:

In my previous post I had almost put (Dan Fouts?) after the "Not because of arm/accuracy."

As maybe the best deep ball tosser I have ever seen, but didn't want to sidetrack the thread.

And I'm a huge Wesseling fan, miss him around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they do have DeAngelo Williams, who isn't that much of a drop-off from Bell. The drop-off from Ben to the next QB is much more severe, as we all saw when he was out.

FBG early rankings this week have Ben at 17! Behind guys like Hasselbeck, Manziel, and Alex Smith. I was shocked to see that. I know the matchup at Cinci isnt ideal, but they are hurting a bit in the defensive backfield with Pacman looking out, and Leon Hall looking very questionable. Coupled with the insane efficiency of the passing game, and the fact that per the same rankings he has 2 top 20 WRs to throw to this week (including number 3 overall), it seems very, very low.

Only QBs I'd personally consider starting over Ben this week are Cam, Brady, and Palmer. Maybe Wilson. And I would deliberate a bunch even on any of them. Johnny Manziel?

Users who are viewing this thread