What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Camp tidbits, Twitter created hype, Beat reporter radio news... (1 Viewer)

Mr Non Sequitur

Footballguy
I feel like some of the best little nuggets happen on local talk radio. not sure if everyone else is as enthusiastic as I am about local sports radio in markets but they typically have great guests or players on and with no cameras in their face you get a more honest opinion and answers many times. That's just a small aside to what I hope will be a decent thread idea. We have so many threads on players and all that information gets churned over and over. I thought it a good idea when we see something odd or interesting to try and post in here.

When we have a reliable source we can link it but sometimes it is difficult to source what you are hearing real time on an AM radio station although most shows these days will play at least some portion of the show on a podcast on their station website. Sometimes Twitter gets a hold of something and it goes viral before anyone can even comprehend what is being sent out. Professional sports teams and players use the social media tool at times just to make the winds blow in the direction they need.

With that I had a few interesting things I am hearing and I thought it might be good to just toss it all in here.

-Benny Cunningham is running with the 1st team along side Zac Stacy. Is Cunningham the #2 RB in St Louis right now? Does it matter and could he have any impact in 2014? He looked good in limited game action last season.

-The Miami OL looks pathetic especially in the middle. Shelly Smith, Nate Garner, and Sam Brennar are trying to compete at Center as Pouncey likely to miss the 1st half of the season. Dallas Thomas starting right now at RG(Yikes) and Daryn Colledge at LG, 32 yrs old from GB, at the end of his career. This is looking real bad. Reporter after reporter is talking about it as they come off the field. Rookie RT, could be a long season.

-Markus Wheaton in Pittsburgh is generating a lot of buzz right now.

So hopefully folks that live in the local areas can chime in with any camp reports or news they have. Could be something small, could be something bigger, doesn't have to be skill related players although in the SP it usually boils down to that or the impact in FF it presents.

Users who are viewing this thread