What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (4 Viewers)

Guy was very helpful.    Picked up some CBD. A month supply.  Little canister of two rolled at 4.43% THC, 6.0% CBD. Will spark one after dinner tonight.
Weak sauce.

Get some shatter and a dab rig. 

ETA: for real though, CBD is legal in all 50 states... dispensaries jack up the price on those vials.  You can get them from Amazon for like half the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy was very helpful.    Picked up some CBD. A month supply.  Little canister of two rolled at 4.43% THC, 6.0% CBD. Will spark one after dinner tonight.
You go hard son.  I'd recommend balancing that with one of these Barewoods.  They are excellent if you're looking for a loaded pre roll.  I normally roll my own but man, these will have you kissing the sky and extremely convenient:  https://almightymeds.com/product/barewoods-limited-edition-tko/

~ packs a full gram of our signature BARE OG with Nug Run Wax rolled in a Backwood, all dipped in Oil & Kief and topped with a BARE glass tip

You go hard son.  I'd recommend balancing that with one of these Barewoods.  They are excellent if you're looking for a loaded pre roll.  I normally roll my own but man, these will have you kissing the sky and extremely convenient:  https://almightymeds.com/product/barewoods-limited-edition-tko/

~ packs a full gram of our signature BARE OG with Nug Run Wax rolled in a Backwood, all dipped in Oil & Kief and topped with a BARE glass tip
Mother of god :wub:

I'm such a light weight.  Pretty buzzed.  It's not the wicked, crazy buzz we use to always get, but a strong, mellow buzz. 

ok, I'd like to announce I'm moving to Oregon next week.  Hope @The Gator is up right now so I can understand what he's saying finally.

This stuff is most certainly much milder than my HS/college days.   A nice start nonetheless.   And the wife had some.  :excited:
Well you were likely not smoking almost pure CBD back in high school.  You didn't really buy a strain to get high off of, you bought a strain to relieve pain.  While Im sure it was somewhat relaxing, you are not going to really feel it in the head at all.

Not saying you did right or wrong here since I have no idea what your goal was but if you want to get high, buy something with 20% or more THC and you will feel it in a very different way.

Haha, no need to get this high either.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a strain that was like 17% THC and 15% CBD, that was almost perfect.  Relaxed, focused, felt great all around.   I dont normally buy high CBD strains but may need to try something similar again.

Any thoughts on the Harlequin strain? Been using a vape pen. Where in line does this strain fall? Strong, weak, middle of the road?

Any thoughts on the Harlequin strain? Been using a vape pen. Where in line does this strain fall? Strong, weak, middle of the road?
Did they give you any metrics on thc, cbd levels?

It can vary from one grower to another but that strain should have higher CBD than THC.  Hard to tell just from strain name how strong it is which is kind of a problem because you cant have the exact same expectation each time around, unless it was exactly the same as the last time.

I dont have much faith in the 22 year old budtender wearing the 21 Pilots t shirt. I feel like they are just making it up. maybe Im wrong :shrug:

After talking to the doctor I got the impression that it is a lot of trial and error. I did say that and he pretty much agreed with me. 
There is.  I'd be more focused on the way you ingest the cannabis and the ratio of THC to CBD.  There is no guarantee that you are getting the strain that is listed unless it's been certified by someone like https://phylos.bio/

Getzlaf15 said:
ok, I'd like to announce I'm moving to Oregon next week.  Hope @The Gator is up right now so I can understand what he's saying finally.

This stuff is most certainly much milder than my HS/college days.   A nice start nonetheless.   And the wife had some.  :excited:
Nice!  Where on the coast did you guys go/stay?

Did they give you any metrics on thc, cbd levels?

It can vary from one grower to another but that strain should have higher CBD than THC.  Hard to tell just from strain name how strong it is which is kind of a problem because you cant have the exact same expectation each time around, unless it was exactly the same as the last time.
I did not get any of those numbers. I do know it is higher in CBD then most. It is a Puraearth product and it is 1000mg if that tells you anything. I have been experimenting with my inhale times and the effects. I for sure notice a difference between longer and shorter inhales. This is so much different then what I was used to. I last did this in the 80s-90s. Things have really changed.

How does someone figure out what strains to get for their particular problem?  I have been reading up on this and it all seems confusing. 
I was just coming here to post something related.  I have come down with some pretty bad anxiety lately and would prefer to not take Xanex (or equivalent) and while I've been an occasional smoker for the past 20ish years, I've never partook in order to deal with a malady.  

Anyone know of a good source of linking a problem to a strain?  I'm not sure I trust the yahoos that work at the dispensary.  

I was just coming here to post something related.  I have come down with some pretty bad anxiety lately and would prefer to not take Xanex (or equivalent) and while I've been an occasional smoker for the past 20ish years, I've never partook in order to deal with a malady.  

Anyone know of a good source of linking a problem to a strain?  I'm not sure I trust the yahoos that work at the dispensary.  
Leafly has tons of information.  A searchable database of strains and many articles,   

Not all dispensaries are created equal, in terms of how serious they are about the medicine.  If you have choices, decide which place is most reputable.  If they have bigger selection of CBD strains, that's a good sign.  

Then, I would research the strains they have.  

At a credible shop, the budtenders will be able to give the rep on what strains they carry.  They should know which strains people with similar maladies are using.  

Honestly, in a good shop, that's as valid as any online resource.  If the GM of a shop is telling me everyone with anxiety always buys Gorilla Panic #4, then that's what I'm getting.  

THC tends to exacerbate anxiety in a lot of people.  I would go with a straight CBD.  

Tweedle Farms is about to have their 2018 harvest ready soon.  Check them out.  If you need something immediately, check out Dr. Ganja. 

You can also go for extracts or concentrates, but those are prob the best places if you're looking for flower.  

For those who don't live in a rec state or don't have their medical card....GET TO LA AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!

New marijuana policy at LAX:

While federal law prohibits the possession of marijuana (inclusive of federal airspace,) California’s passage of proposition 64, effective January 1, 2018, allows for individuals 21 years of age or older to possess up to 28.5 grams of marijuana and 8 grams of concentrated marijuana for personal consumption. In accordance with Proposition 64, the Los Angeles Airport Police Department will allow passengers to travel through LAX with up to 28.5 grams of marijuana and 8 grams of concentrated marijuana. However, passengers should be aware that marijuana laws vary state by state and they are encouraged to check the laws of the states in which they plan to travel.
 https://www.flylax.com/en/lax-marijuana-policy

urbanhack said:
For those who don't live in a rec state or don't have their medical card....GET TO LA AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!

New marijuana policy at LAX:

https://www.flylax.com/en/lax-marijuana-policy
Nice.  FWIW, I just travel with my vape pen regardless of state.  I take off any labeling that says thc and use a battery that has a cbd label on the outside in case I'm questioned.  Never had an issue thus far.  

Nice.  FWIW, I just travel with my vape pen regardless of state.  I take off any labeling that says thc and use a battery that has a cbd label on the outside in case I'm questioned.  Never had an issue thus far.  
Same..been traveling with weed stored in a prescription bottle, in my shaving bag in checked luggage for a number of years now.

Damn it’s been a long week. Time to get high as £¥#%. Who’s with me?! I’m gonna get higher than a giraffe’s a$$ tonight!

Anyone else try kin slips ?

They're little tabs you put under your tongue, coming in three doses (5, 10, 20 mg) and four different blends with varying intended effects. A buddy from CA gave me a couple of packs and after trying them I never want to ingest pot any other way again. I took a 20mg Cloud Buster dose at a football game a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the most enjoyable highs I've ever had, though borderline too powerful for the setting I was in. I could have easily cut it in half. He also gave me a pack of 10mg Nice Dreams, perfect for chilling at home in the evening. Unlike edibles there's no waiting around for them to take effect, they hit you in just a few minutes. And they're really easy to dial in an exact dose that's right for whatever it is you're looking for. Looks like they're only available in CA, hoping to see them in MA sometime soon.

They're little tabs you put under your tongue, coming in three doses (5, 10, 20 mg) and four different blends with varying intended effects. A buddy from CA gave me a couple of packs and after trying them I never want to ingest pot any other way again. I took a 20mg Cloud Buster dose at a football game a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the most enjoyable highs I've ever had, though borderline too powerful for the setting I was in. I could have easily cut it in half. He also gave me a pack of 10mg Nice Dreams, perfect for chilling at home in the evening. Unlike edibles there's no waiting around for them to take effect, they hit you in just a few minutes. And they're really easy to dial in an exact dose that's right for whatever it is you're looking for. Looks like they're only available in CA, hoping to see them in MA sometime soon.
This sounds like something I want to ask my travelling salesman about. I am liking edibles, but they can be inconsistent and the lag to them taking effect is annoying.

and after trying them I never want to ingest pot any other way again.
Meh... seems like preferring the patch to a good cig.  I enjoy the aroma and flavor too much to ever strictly go to something like this, but I'd definitely give it a try. 

I've been getting some sauce/diamonds lately as I found a source that's about half of what that stuff usually goes for.  It tastes great and the crystals get you blown AF, I think it's a bit of a gimmick though that will fade away.

Meh... seems like preferring the patch to a good cig.  I enjoy the aroma and flavor too much to ever strictly go to something like this, but I'd definitely give it a try. .
Yea, I overstated it, would miss smoking for sure. When trying to be discrete though, which is most of the time for me, these would be my choice every time.

Yea, I overstated it, would miss smoking for sure. When trying to be discrete though, which is most of the time for me, these would be my choice every time.
This is key for these, I don't see how they don't catch on.  Look like the perfect size to allow cutting to your mood, too.

Nice.  Reminds me of these thc dip pouches I tried recently.  

https://www.cannadips.com

How would one go about procuring these new alternatives from a non-legal state? Asking for a friend  :whistle:
Have a friend from a legal state send a package your way.   A little risk involved but I haven't had a problem.   Thank you USPS!

If any of you had to pass a work drug test, how would you do it? Is it just a matter of stopping for a week or two? If you pass one of those tests that they sell in the drug store would you pass a work related test? 

If any of you had to pass a work drug test, how would you do it? Is it just a matter of stopping for a week or two? If you pass one of those tests that they sell in the drug store would you pass a work related test? 
Depends on how much you smoke. Daily smoker will likely need a month - maybe more if they are on the large side (THC gets stored in fat cells). Weekend smoker might need just a week or two (but you may want more time to be certain). 

It also depends on the level they test for. I don't know the precise measurements, but I know some stricter companies use tests that look for *any* THC, and others don't care about small amounts (e.g., weekend user) - they are more looking to not hire the wake-and-baker.   

Back in the 90's I had to pass a test or two while smoking. I had read the detox kits they sell are useless. Instead, I just stopped for 2 weeks, and drank tons of water the morning of the test, and kept drinking / urinating until test time, while popping a vitamin B12 or 2 to give your urine color. Worked for me (never a super heavy smoker though - more a weekend guy). I work for myself now, and I've adopted a fairly liberal weed policy 😎

As far as the test kits they sell, I have no info there - they weren't available when I was tested. Sounds like that would be useful, though.

Got a buddy to piss in a saline bottle once and tried using that but didn't realize the little vial I was supposed to piss in (dumped buddy's urine in instead) had a little temperature gauge on the side.      No bueno.

Other factors involved include your body fat percentage (thc sticks to fat), diet and the urine sample given (always give a midstream sample and try to schedule later in the afternoon when your urine is more diluted).  If you have two weeks notice, workout like a mad man, eat a very clean diet (lean meats, salad, no bread/fried food) and drink a #### load of real cranberry juice and diuretic tea to cleanse you.  I passed without issue following this method.  If you only have a few days, I'd go with a masking agent or synthetic of some sort.  

Sounds awesome! I will be on the lookout. 

I think most places do saliva tests nowadays, don't they?  Who wants to collect and test a bunch of piss.  Swabs only detect a week or two back also. 

Users who are viewing this thread