Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

3 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Reporting.

Got my medical card Friday.    Went to the nearest dispensary to my house.  A guy greeted myself and my wife at the door.  Very nice young guy who walked us through the entire process of edible, smokable, and the assortment of smoking apparatus they sell.   

Settled on edibles.  25mg THC, 5mg CBD.   Wife took a half of an edible.   We went to a movie  Gemini.   We arrived at 615pm.  My wife ingested the edible at 545pm.  By the time the movie started my wife was totally relaxed and had the giggles.   We ordered food and drinks.  She got the munchies.  And more giggles.  Fell asleep during the movie.  Woke up and started giggling and eating popcorn again.    We get home and she is starting sentences but never finished them.  We go to bed.  She gets up to get a drink and more giggles.  She told me this am that her "high" left around 4am.     

Glad she didn't take the entire edible.   But overall was a very pleasant experience for a first time.  

Glad it went well. The edibles definitely hit harder than smoking/vaping. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Reporting.

Got my medical card Friday.    Went to the nearest dispensary to my house.  A guy greeted myself and my wife at the door.  Very nice young guy who walked us through the entire process of edible, smokable, and the assortment of smoking apparatus they sell.   

Settled on edibles.  25mg THC, 5mg CBD.   Wife took a half of an edible.   We went to a movie  Gemini.   We arrived at 615pm.  My wife ingested the edible at 545pm.  By the time the movie started my wife was totally relaxed and had the giggles.   We ordered food and drinks.  She got the munchies.  And more giggles.  Fell asleep during the movie.  Woke up and started giggling and eating popcorn again.    We get home and she is starting sentences but never finished them.  We go to bed.  She gets up to get a drink and more giggles.  She told me this am that her "high" left around 4am.     

Glad she didn't take the entire edible.   But overall was a very pleasant experience for a first time.  

The thing with edibles is that you have to know that it takes time to hit and can last a really long time. Consistency is a little hit or miss, but watch that thc number and stay in your comfort spot and it is nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Big Guy said:

The thing with edibles is that you have to know that it takes time to hit and can last a really long time. Consistency is a little hit or miss, but watch that thc number and stay in your comfort spot and it is nice.

Yep, smoking/vaping hits instantly and will fade much quicker. It's a lot easier to control IMO.

• Like 1

Anyone else experience a THC hangover?

Party at night, nothing crazy, few hits and / or 10-15mg edibles, with alcohol .... and the day after, I feel like I'm in a fog all day.  Sometimes for 2 days.

Just lack of wit, slow mental response time, and lethargic.

Could be lack of sleep but still very different than when I'm just drinking. I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Maybe I should just stick to the beers.

30 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Party at night, nothing crazy, few hits and / or 10-15mg edibles, with alcohol .... and the day after, I feel like I'm in a fog all day.  Sometimes for 2 days.

Could be lack of sleep but still very different than when I'm just drinking. I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Maybe I should just stick to the beers.

No, never 

42 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Maybe you were still high from the indica strain.  Switch to sativa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bossman said:

If this happens again, start your day with a strong coffee and a sativa strain.  You should be good as new.  

3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Anybody try the extracts that come in a syringe?  Whoa....and not a good whoa all the time either.  Way too strong for me and puts me in a less than suitable state of mind.  

:yes:  I love em.

But I use a half THC and half CBD blend. And I'm very careful to dose only the size of a grain of rice. Makes me feel fine.

Otherwise,  you're right. Go overboard on these and you're in for a very bad time. 

1 hour ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

:yes:  I love em.

But I use a half THC and half CBD blend. And I'm very careful to dose only the size of a grain of rice. Makes me feel fine.

Otherwise,  you're right. Go overboard on these and you're in for a very bad time

Meaning?   Bad trip?  Nausea? 

2 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Yeah a bad trip. So over the top high that it is not enjoyable.  Racing thoughts of death/paranoia. Difficulty breathing/ racing heartbeat Etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Hallucinations, memory loss, out-of-body sensations, lack of control yet knowing the car is steering off the road.  It's WAY too intense for me even doing tiny amounts.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

This really doesn't matter.  It's all about the combination of total cannabinoids plus the total terpenes and terpene profiles.  

7 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

My first thought that its indica doing this too.  

You should be able to find a strain that doesn't have this affect on you, especially if its a small amount.  Although the edible, that's probably where this is stemming from, rather than a few hits of anything.

49 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

This really doesn't matter.  It's all about the combination of total cannabinoids plus the total terpenes and terpene profiles.  

High thc strains may also have this affect on me but indica definitely makes me drag more than sativa.

How I keep it straight:

Indica - makes me want to stay Indoors and sink Into the couch

Sativa - makes me Social

It's not always perfect, but usually keeps me on the right path.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 6:44 PM, leftcoastguy7 said:

I highly recommend Storz & Bickel products for all your flower vaping needs. 

20% off everything in the Storz & Bickel store for Cyber Monday! You're not going to find a better company and this stuff rarely goes on sale.

Quit vaping those dangerous cartridges and move to pure flower. 😎

https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/

• Like 1

Well, I got ahold of a couple of 100mg gummies but I'm new to the edibles and want to be cautious. I'm a pretty heavy smoker if that matters. Is 100mg a lot. I'm thinking about taking half or maybe even a quarter to start. I'm staying at the house so no driving. Is it OK to still smoke as well? 

Thanks for the help. 

59 minutes ago, In The Zone said:

Well, I got ahold of a couple of 100mg gummies but I'm new to the edibles and want to be cautious. I'm a pretty heavy smoker if that matters. Is 100mg a lot. I'm thinking about taking half or maybe even a quarter to start. I'm staying at the house so no driving. Is it OK to still smoke as well? 

Thanks for the help. 

Cautious is smart.  I’d start with half a gummy and smoking before/during is ok but once the gummy kicks in I doubt you’ll find it necessary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, In The Zone said:

Thanks for the help. 

Half now and half later is probably the shark move for a 100mg.   I'm an occasional edible user and have had nothing but good experiences at those levels.  Smoke as you wish but it'll hit you a little harder.    Have fun and enjoy.  No reason to overthink it.  

• Like 1

Illinois shops open at 6am

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I can remember my parents driving us down to the Wisconsin-Illinois border to buy margarine (or oleo if you call it by its street name).

Times have changed.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Eephus said:

I can remember my parents driving us down to the Wisconsin-Illinois border to buy margarine (or oleo if you call it by its street name).

Times have changed.

I made some cannabis infused butter bout a year ago.

Good stuff.

Worth a trip to the border, in my humble opinion. ✌️

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I made some cannabis infused butter bout a year ago.

Good stuff.

Worth a trip to the border, in my humble opinion. ✌️

Can you put this on an English muffin?  Sounds like a good breakfast.

• Thinking 1

51 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I surprised they don't open at midnight.

What a great way to break in the new year!

8 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Can you put this on an English muffin? 

English? Yes.

French? Comme ci, comme ça. (It's been years since I spoke it.)

Others: Doubtful. 

Sounds like a good breakfast.

Affirmative - to the max.😎

• Like 1

No edibles down here yet.  My wife uses 10 mg capsules I guess those are close.  I took 2 about 7 tonight took about 3 hrs to hit me I did eat a big meal before hand though.  Its the first time I tried them and I think I like flower better doesn't seem as intense to me.  I'm not sure if I even like this.  Going back to my Papas herb Bio Diesel tomorrow.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rustycolts said:

No edibles down here yet.  My wife uses 10 mg capsules I guess those are close.  I took 2 about 7 tonight took about 3 hrs to hit me I did eat a big meal before hand though.  Its the first time I tried them and I think I like flower better doesn't seem as intense to me.  I'm not sure if I even like this.  Going back to my Papas herb Bio Diesel tomorrow.

I get this.

I grew up on flower and understand how to use it to reach my goal. The newer vape products seem to have a "hole" in them, imo. The first time I vaped, I asked my cousin, "Are you high? I dunno if I am. I think I am, but ... not really sure."

Now, that I had to ask that question prolly indicates that I was high, but it was just not as "complete" to me.

Edibles, on the other hand, did impact me. But, in a less controlled manner. I do enjoy em, but not as much as flower.

For my $, old school is where it is at.

But, I still wanna "old school" with the high quality modern flower strains. ✌️

Edited by Man of Constant Sorrow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I get this.

I grew up on flower and understand how to use it to reach my goal. The newer vape products seem to have a "hole" in them, imo. The first time I vaped, I asked my cousin, "Are you high? I dunno if I am. I think I am, but ... not really sure."

Now, that I had to ask that question prolly indicates that I was high, but it was just not as "complete" to me.

Edibles, on the other hand, did impact me. But, in a less controlled manner. I do enjoy em, but not as much as flower.

I agree the vaping isn’t the same potency high as the flower. I actually prefer that now since I’m able to be more productive and normal while using it. It’s pretty rare that I actually smoke anymore and it’s usually if I’ve got nothing at all going on.

So I'm from Illinois and it's legal today. 

There aren't many dispensaries open yet and I assume it's going to be a zoo, so I'll probably hold off going for a week or two.   But, when I do, I have little idea what to get.   I'll get flower and smoke it the old fashioned way but that's all I've decided.

What THC percentage would have been in average pot in the 90s?

If I went here  (https://earthmed.com/cannabis/menu/) what would be some good choices?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

24 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

So I'm from Illinois and it's legal today. 

There aren't many dispensaries open yet and I assume it's going to be a zoo, so I'll probably hold off going for a week or two.   But, when I do, I have little idea what to get.   I'll get flower and smoke it the old fashioned way but that's all I've decided.

What THC percentage would have been in average pot in the 90s?

If I went here  (https://earthmed.com/cannabis/menu/) what would be some good choices?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Going with the highest THC percentage usually works for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mile High said:

Going with the highest THC percentage usually works for me.

I would say the 20-21% range is perfectly fine and if you start getting into the >25% it better be what you want.

Everyone reacts differently but I no longer enjoy high THC weed.  Don't like edibles either but not saying my experience is going to be the same as everyone else.  

Illinois MJ sales taxed at 37%

black market isn't going anywhere

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I get this.

Yup. Tried edibles, tried vape. Don't really enjoy either. Flower all the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Looks like pretty much what most of the legal states are trying to do, but then again, look at the price of a pack of cigarettes in Illinois and compare it to the true price of cigs in the Southern states.

• Like 1

I'm sure they were saying the same kind of things at the end of Prohibition.  Why pay the government all those taxes when you can still buy low cost bathtub gin from your neighbor?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Yeah, I was looking at that menu Jux posted and laughing at those prices.  Think the last time I paid $60 for an 8th was my NYC delivery service years ago.   The market is flooded with quality product and now that it's legal, you'd think they'd be cheaper.  

$60 for an 8th is good or bad?   I paid $190 for a 1/2 in Mass at memorial day.   Crazy how strong stuff is these days.  I've vaped (the flower) almost every night since then and I just ran out a week ago.  The few times I smoked out of a bong, after two hits I was a mess.   I grew two plants over the summer which yielded about 3 oz thinking I'd be saving a lot of money, but if all I need is an ounce a year of the stuff they're selling now along with a few bottles of tincture, it really isn't worth the effort. 

55 minutes ago, Major said:

Yeah, I was looking at that menu Jux posted and laughing at those prices.  Think the last time I paid $60 for an 8th was my NYC delivery service years ago.   The market is flooded with quality product and now that it's legal, you'd think they'd be cheaper.  

I believe Illinois will only sell weed produced in Illinois.  There are concerns of shortages. I assume prices will eventually come down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

$60 for an 8th is good or bad?   I paid $190 for a 1/2 in Mass at memorial day.   Crazy how strong stuff is these days.  I've vaped (the flower) almost every night since then and I just ran out a week ago.  The few times I smoked out of a bong, after two hits I was a mess.   I grew two plants over the summer which yielded about 3 oz thinking I'd be saving a lot of money, but if all I need is an ounce a year of the stuff they're selling now along with a few bottles of tincture, it really isn't worth the effort. 

It really depends on what state you're in and the quality but that's definitely on the high side of things.  $20-40 seems about the going rate.

5 minutes ago, Major said:

It really depends on what state you're in and the quality but that's definitely on the high side of things.  $20-40 seems about the going rate.

That almost seems crazy to me.   I was paying $37 (in today's dollars) in pittsburgh during college over 20 years ago and that was for some crap weed.  

1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

That almost seems crazy to me.   I was paying $37 (in today's dollars) in pittsburgh during college over 20 years ago and that was for some crap weed.  

Yep.  Legalization has its advantages.  

23 hours ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

I would say the 20-21% range is perfectly fine and if you start getting into the >25% it better be what you want.

Everyone reacts differently but I no longer enjoy high THC weed.  Don't like edibles either but not saying my experience is going to be the same as everyone else.  

Also need to consider total terpenes and terpene percentages.  You can have 30%+ THC and a ####ty terpene profile and get more high off 18 to 20% THC with better terps.

It's all about the terps.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NutterButter said:

It's not horrible if it's high quality bud. It's pricey for anything I'd pay here in Oregon, but we might have the best prices in the country.

40 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Also need to consider total terpenes and terpene percentages.  You can have 30%+ THC and a ####ty terpene profile and get more high off 18 to 20% THC with better terps.

It's all about the terps.

Explain to a novice who is trying to get medical card.  Terp?

This vertically integrated bs is corporate cronyism at its finest.  The good news is they only have a small amount of time before the flood gates open.  Once it's legal everywhere the free market will take over.  

42 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

This vertically integrated bs is corporate cronyism at its finest.  The good news is they only have a small amount of time before the flood gates open.  Once it's legal everywhere the free market will take over.  

What's wrong with owning and operating multiple licenses along the supply chain? Washington is the only state where you can't be vertically integrated and they have the worst system out of all the rec states.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

What's wrong with owning and operating multiple licenses along the supply chain? Washington is the only state where you can't be vertically integrated and they have the worst system out of all the rec states.

I guess it's not really the vertical integration, but the capping and restrictions on licenses.  For example, they only handed out like half a dozen in FL.  It's being challenged by Joe Redner right now, because they turned his company down.  They basically can pick and choose the who gets the immensely profitable licenses.  That's apparently why 2 Ukrainians recently in the news were trying to get close to Desantis, to get a license.  

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2019/10/18/ron-desantis-downplayed-ties-to-giuliani-associates-then-we-found-them-hugging/

Edited by Punxsutawney Phil

2 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

I guess it's not really the vertical integration, but the capping and restrictions on licenses.  For example, they only handed out like half a dozen in FL.  It's being challenged by Joe Redner right now, because they turned his company down.  They basically can pick and choose the who gets the immensely profitable licenses.  That's apparently why 2 Ukrainians recently in the news were trying to get close to Desantis, to get a license.  

Oh yea..absolutely.  It's completely pay to play with most states east of the mississippi.  FL, MD, PA...all the east coast med states are all that way.