Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Reporting.

Got my medical card Friday.    Went to the nearest dispensary to my house.  A guy greeted myself and my wife at the door.  Very nice young guy who walked us through the entire process of edible, smokable, and the assortment of smoking apparatus they sell.   

Settled on edibles.  25mg THC, 5mg CBD.   Wife took a half of an edible.   We went to a movie  Gemini.   We arrived at 615pm.  My wife ingested the edible at 545pm.  By the time the movie started my wife was totally relaxed and had the giggles.   We ordered food and drinks.  She got the munchies.  And more giggles.  Fell asleep during the movie.  Woke up and started giggling and eating popcorn again.    We get home and she is starting sentences but never finished them.  We go to bed.  She gets up to get a drink and more giggles.  She told me this am that her "high" left around 4am.     

Glad she didn't take the entire edible.   But overall was a very pleasant experience for a first time.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Reporting.

Got my medical card Friday.    Went to the nearest dispensary to my house.  A guy greeted myself and my wife at the door.  Very nice young guy who walked us through the entire process of edible, smokable, and the assortment of smoking apparatus they sell.   

Settled on edibles.  25mg THC, 5mg CBD.   Wife took a half of an edible.   We went to a movie  Gemini.   We arrived at 615pm.  My wife ingested the edible at 545pm.  By the time the movie started my wife was totally relaxed and had the giggles.   We ordered food and drinks.  She got the munchies.  And more giggles.  Fell asleep during the movie.  Woke up and started giggling and eating popcorn again.    We get home and she is starting sentences but never finished them.  We go to bed.  She gets up to get a drink and more giggles.  She told me this am that her "high" left around 4am.     

Glad she didn't take the entire edible.   But overall was a very pleasant experience for a first time.  

Glad it went well. The edibles definitely hit harder than smoking/vaping. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Reporting.

The thing with edibles is that you have to know that it takes time to hit and can last a really long time. Consistency is a little hit or miss, but watch that thc number and stay in your comfort spot and it is nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Big Guy said:

The thing with edibles is that you have to know that it takes time to hit and can last a really long time. Consistency is a little hit or miss, but watch that thc number and stay in your comfort spot and it is nice.

Yep, smoking/vaping hits instantly and will fade much quicker. It's a lot easier to control IMO.

• Like 1

Anyone else experience a THC hangover?

Party at night, nothing crazy, few hits and / or 10-15mg edibles, with alcohol .... and the day after, I feel like I'm in a fog all day.  Sometimes for 2 days.

Just lack of wit, slow mental response time, and lethargic.

Could be lack of sleep but still very different than when I'm just drinking. I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Maybe I should just stick to the beers.

30 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Party at night, nothing crazy, few hits and / or 10-15mg edibles, with alcohol .... and the day after, I feel like I'm in a fog all day.  Sometimes for 2 days.

Could be lack of sleep but still very different than when I'm just drinking. I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Maybe I should just stick to the beers.

No, never 

42 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Maybe you were still high from the indica strain.  Switch to sativa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bossman said:

If this happens again, start your day with a strong coffee and a sativa strain.  You should be good as new.  

3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Anybody try the extracts that come in a syringe?  Whoa....and not a good whoa all the time either.  Way too strong for me and puts me in a less than suitable state of mind.  

:yes:  I love em.

But I use a half THC and half CBD blend. And I'm very careful to dose only the size of a grain of rice. Makes me feel fine.

Otherwise,  you're right. Go overboard on these and you're in for a very bad time. 

1 hour ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

:yes:  I love em.

But I use a half THC and half CBD blend. And I'm very careful to dose only the size of a grain of rice. Makes me feel fine.

Otherwise,  you're right. Go overboard on these and you're in for a very bad time

Meaning?   Bad trip?  Nausea? 

2 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Yeah a bad trip. So over the top high that it is not enjoyable.  Racing thoughts of death/paranoia. Difficulty breathing/ racing heartbeat Etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Hallucinations, memory loss, out-of-body sensations, lack of control yet knowing the car is steering off the road.  It's WAY too intense for me even doing tiny amounts.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

This really doesn't matter.  It's all about the combination of total cannabinoids plus the total terpenes and terpene profiles.  

7 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

My first thought that its indica doing this too.  

You should be able to find a strain that doesn't have this affect on you, especially if its a small amount.  Although the edible, that's probably where this is stemming from, rather than a few hits of anything.

49 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

This really doesn't matter.  It's all about the combination of total cannabinoids plus the total terpenes and terpene profiles.  

High thc strains may also have this affect on me but indica definitely makes me drag more than sativa.

How I keep it straight:

Indica - makes me want to stay Indoors and sink Into the couch

Sativa - makes me Social

It's not always perfect, but usually keeps me on the right path.