What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (2 Viewers)

I've moved over to vaping shatter/wax/live resin but still enjoy rolling a doobie from time to time.  The rolling skills need to remain sharp. ;)

@Stompin' Tom Connors I agree with you 100% on the disdain for edibles that create anxiety.  I've found that indica strain leaning flower is the best way to go to make your own butter (or oil).  I'm baking peanut butter cookies with the indica strains and getting consistent highs that are relaxing, mild and give me a wonderful, sound night's sleep where I wake up fresh as a daisy.  But I know PRECISELY what is going into the process, so it helps control the high quite a bit.  

I've moved over to vaping shatter/wax/live resin but still enjoy rolling a doobie from time to time.  The rolling skills need to remain sharp. ;)

@Stompin' Tom Connors I agree with you 100% on the disdain for edibles that create anxiety.  I've found that indica strain leaning flower is the best way to go to make your own butter (or oil).  I'm baking peanut butter cookies with the indica strains and getting consistent highs that are relaxing, mild and give me a wonderful, sound night's sleep where I wake up fresh as a daisy.  But I know PRECISELY what is going into the process, so it helps control the high quite a bit.  
My last batch I made was sativa dominant. Ugh... 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Used to buy flower by the eighth as rolling j's is my favorite way to partake by far. I never liked the high I got off of vaping as much, and while edibles are good, they often get me on too anxious of a high.

I also have very little will-power so if it's in the house, I'll smoke it -- as much as I try to hold off and stretch it out. 

To cut back, decreased my trips to the local dispensary and just bought a preroll or two per trip. Does the trick, but the weed quality is not the same as getting 3.5 oz of sticky bud.

Having smoked weed (and only weed) more years than not in my life, I think it's time to really consider switching to something that will be a little healthier for the lungs.

Seems to me that vaping flower is much better in that regard than oil or wax -- is that impression right?

If so, can anyone suggest a really good flower vaper rig? Any tips/advice on this approach?
We have quite a few growers here in PDX that use prime A buds for their pre-rolls. My dispensary has 15% off pre-rolls on Friday so I like to stock up. The other day I ended up getting an 5 grams worth of premium bud in pre-rolls for $24 after taxes!

I prefer sativa dominant for edibles.  But I don't process THC well through my liver so I rarely eat cannabis.

I received a really nice care package today from a friend in Illinois who has a medical card. There’s a good variety of gummies and chocolates with different strains or combos so I hope to learn a little more about what works for me. The one outlier is something called a Nerds Rope that looks like a liquorice stick with candies on it about 6” long. It’s 400 mg and the package says 8 servings of 50 mg each. That’s crazy for me. Wish I had a show or a good party to go to. 

Anyone else have a strong resistance to edibles? Unless I eat 60+mg I only get a incredible my mild reaction. Even at 60-80mg it’s really tame. Never once has it ever hit me like smoking does.

ETA- Im scared to keep pushing it because you truly never know the true dosage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have a strong resistance to edibles? Unless I eat 60+mg I only get a incredible my mild reaction. Even at 60-80mg it’s really tame. Never once has it ever hit me like smoking does.
My former co-worker was like this. He could eat up to 100 mg and really not feel a thing. We talked to some docs in the industry and they believe people maybe deficient in a certain enzyme which causes little to no reaction to the way THC is processed through the liver.

Yes, your lungs will thank you once you give up burning weed and move to flower vaping. Plus you'll get higher. 

Storz & Bickel make the best flower vapes imo. They are costly but worth it. 
Thanks, buddy, this is exactly the kind of info I am looking for.

Egads, that is expensive, and hard to tell how big their portable vaporizers are from the pics on their site. They do look much larger than your average vape pen. I guess I expect that given that they don't take cartridges of distillate, but thought you could get a solid flower vaper the size of a regular pen or one-hitter.

This is a good lead, thanks. Open to any/all additional suggestions.

ETA: Are these kind of flower vaporizers harder to clean and maintain than regular cartridge based vape pens?

Breaks help. Whenever I run out of bud I take a week off. Taking a break from edibles, at least for me, helps pretty quickly. Also, the brand matters. I’ve had some say they were 60-80 and it would feel like 10. I don’t believe most of the labels unless they’re tested. 

Sort of on topic, but has anyone here gotten a term life policy while being a smoker?   Do you get declined, or just a debit?  Wife and I both need to get another 10-15 year policy.  We didn't smoke when we got our first ones.  

We keep saying we'll just take a 30 day break, but getting past day 2 or 3 has proved to be a challenge.   :bag:

Any insight is appreciated. 
Update for those interested.  

We went with Policy Genius.  Everything went fine.  We did all our applications online.   There was never a question about marijuana use on the online app.  They called to ask a few follow ups and marijuana use was one of them.  I told them we just ate edibles a few times a month.   They said they appreciated the honesty.

We did our physicals and all the blood work results came back good, it didn't even mention THC.  

Anyways, based on my initial application I was put in the "preferred plus" group and quoted $540 a year for a 20 year/$1mil term policy.  After my exam I was dropped to "preferred" which increased it to $696 for the year.   All my blood work was about as good as you can be, but they said marijuana users don't get "preferred plus" pricing.  

I hate that, but I'm a rule follower on this stuff.  I wanted to be sure they knew.  I'd hate to die in a car accident and my wife run into issues because I had THC in my blood samples and give them a reason to deny her cashing out my policy.  

Wife had no problems.  I think she was put in the "preferred" category initially.   Her quoted price didn't change.  

Update for those interested.  

We went with Policy Genius.  Everything went fine.  We did all our applications online.   There was never a question about marijuana use on the online app.  They called to ask a few follow ups and marijuana use was one of them.  I told them we just ate edibles a few times a month.   They said they appreciated the honesty.

We did our physicals and all the blood work results came back good, it didn't even mention THC.  

Anyways, based on my initial application I was put in the "preferred plus" group and quoted $540 a year for a 20 year/$1mil term policy.  After my exam I was dropped to "preferred" which increased it to $696 for the year.   All my blood work was about as good as you can be, but they said marijuana users don't get "preferred plus" pricing.  

I hate that, but I'm a rule follower on this stuff.  I wanted to be sure they knew.  I'd hate to die in a car accident and my wife run into issues because I had THC in my blood samples and give them a reason to deny her cashing out my policy.  

Wife had no problems.  I think she was put in the "preferred" category initially.   Her quoted price didn't change.  
What was your age when you took out those policies?  

Phew.  That explains why you got such a good rate.  I was in my mid-50's when I took out a 15-year level term and a 10-year level term policy.  Both are priced several times what you are paying.  
The goal is to not need it in my 50's!  I'm hoping this might be my last one to need.  

I hate it ran up another $150 a year, but its still cheap for what it is.  

I got a 20 yr/$1M policy six months ago (I'm 50) and was very nervous about it as an every day smoker. I was honest about my usage on the app, but may have downplayed frequency and done some things to dilute my sample. From everything I read though it's better to be upfront about it. I ended up with a "Standard - Non-Tobacco" designation for my Premium Class which isn't great but more reflective of some past health issues. I went through Policygenius, pretty painless.
I’m going through setting up term life insurance now through a financial advisor and I flat out asked him if they tested for thc. ( NY not legal). He looked into it and said no they do not and to say no use at all in the screening of asked. 

So I took a short 2-hr roadtrip to Mass today. Was excellent. The last two times I was there, the line was long, and it took an hour just to get into the building. But the initial rush is done. This time, ten minutes in and out. Pre-ordered online last night, they had it ready, paid, done.

I don't get out there much, and I'm out of the loop on local options, so I stocked up a bit in case we have more shutdowns this fall/winter. I'm a 3-4x a week smoker, so an ounce lasts me a looong time. I got 1.5 ounces (went with a friend who bought me the half - it's a one ounce limit per person). Got 4 different strains total. 

Legal weed is awesome. If it wasn't for Corona, I'm sure NY would have gone for it this year. 

Just had some edibles delivered.... going to get blasted and put on The Expanse in 4K and really orbit Jupiter. 

I received a really nice care package today from a friend in Illinois who has a medical card. There’s a good variety of gummies and chocolates with different strains or combos so I hope to learn a little more about what works for me. The one outlier is something called a Nerds Rope that looks like a liquorice stick with candies on it about 6” long. It’s 400 mg and the package says 8 servings of 50 mg each. That’s crazy for me. Wish I had a show or a good party to go to. 

So I have a question about this.  A friend of mine lives in a state in which marijuana is illegal, but he is going to be visiting Colorado in a few weeks.  He'd like to purchase some edibles and get them back to his place of residence at minimal risk.  Driving home with these in the car is certainly an option, but it figures to be a fairly nervous affair for a few hours while he is driving through an intermediate state known for vigorous traffic/drug stops, with out of state plates.

How risky would be it be for my friend to drop these in a pre-paid USPS parcel and mail them to himself?  Given that edibles don't have the distinctive smell associated with marijuana and given that they look like regular food items in the event of an x-ray, he is having a hard time seeing how such a package would be intercepted.

So I have a question about this.  A friend of mine lives in a state in which marijuana is illegal, but he is going to be visiting Colorado in a few weeks.  He'd like to purchase some edibles and get them back to his place of residence at minimal risk.  Driving home with these in the car is certainly an option, but it figures to be a fairly nervous affair for a few hours while he is driving through an intermediate state known for vigorous traffic/drug stops, with out of state plates.

How risky would be it be for my friend to drop these in a pre-paid USPS parcel and mail them to himself?  Given that edibles don't have the distinctive smell associated with marijuana and given that they look like regular food items in the event of an x-ray, he is having a hard time seeing how such a package would be intercepted.
Don't use USPS.  Use FedEx instead.  

Its really hard for me to give any advice on this question, as my friends are all over the board on it. When my buddy said he was mailing a package to me, I was a bit paranoid about it.  Other friends have flown or driven to legal states and returned with a box full of edibles and other products, without a care in the world.  I have a friend who is an executive in a small business, travels frequently and always brings home a package from California.  I would probably just google it and see if there is some semi-reliable discussion on reddit or somewhere from someone more in the know.

If it's not a felony in that state, I'd just mail them.  Shark move would be to repackage thc edibles into normal candy bags (make sure they're resealed properly) and send some sort of birthday package for a kid.   I'd address said package to someone with a similar name but not his.  When the package arrives, tell your buddy not to open it, write return to sender on it and sit on it for a few days.   After that, he should be good.  This is the paranoid FBG's guide to safely receiving edibles.  Note: I have friends who just get them mailed without a care in the world.  

If it's not a felony in that state, I'd just mail them.  Shark move would be to repackage thc edibles into normal candy bags (make sure they're resealed properly) and send some sort of birthday package for a kid.   I'd address said package to someone with a similar name but not his.  When the package arrives, tell your buddy not to open it, write return to sender on it and sit on it for a few days.   After that, he should be good.  This is the paranoid FBG's guide to safely receiving edibles.  Note: I have friends who just get them mailed without a care in the world.  
I don’t think edibles, with no smell, are any issue... but if he wants to be safe, the bolded is the move. 

@IvanKaramazov

I would be way more paranoid about the potential consequences of putting pot candy in normal candy bags, disguising it as a kid's birthday gift, and dropping it in the mail.

So I was always the same. Could eat 5-6x the recommended serving and not feel a thing. My wife is the same way. Then one of the guys at Essence on Tropicana in Vegas suggested we try RSO. We spent our last night in town in our room at Cromwell trying to remember how to breathe. 

So I was always the same. Could eat 5-6x the recommended serving and not feel a thing. My wife is the same way. Then one of the guys at Essence on Tropicana in Vegas suggested we try RSO. We spent our last night in town in our room at Cromwell trying to remember how to breathe. 
RSO? I’m intrigued

Wife got her medical card here in Ohio for migraines.  Can someone educate me on vaping so she can do it discreetly during the day if needed?  She got a tincture to put under her tongue but it doesn't really help like smoking flower does.

Wife got her medical card here in Ohio for migraines.  Can someone educate me on vaping so she can do it discreetly during the day if needed?  She got a tincture to put under her tongue but it doesn't really help like smoking flower does.
Vaping is about as discreet as you can get.  We love it for that reason.  I've never noticed a difference in high from vape or flower...vape hits almost instantly.  Toss it back in your pocket and carry on.  

Mississippi is voting on medical this November.  I have a long history with migraines too and hope to get access that way.  

What questions do you have?   

If she is doing this for migraines, I'd have her look for cartridges that are "live resin" or "sauce" and a 1:1 ratio CBD|THC. If you get cartridges that are mostly distillate it has the extra cannabinoids and terpens stripped out. You want as many cannabinoids and terps as possible for the most medicinal benefit.  Can you post the dispensary's menu?  Be happy to make some suggestions.

I used to vape but I've gone back to smoking flower.  Back in the day, I was using a Pax vaporizer.  Just load in the dry flower and go.  Pretty simple.  

LIVE SAUCE

Live Sauce is another dab-able “Live Resin” that is made from whole plant fresh frozen material (WPFF).  Due to It’s high terpene content, this extract has a wet, saucy consistency, and is always packaged into childproof glass jars.  Live Sauce differs from Royal Jelly in the fact that it tends to have a more homogeneous consistency throughout the jar.  It contains many small THC-A crystals mixed thoroughly into a delicious sauce of terpenes and cannabinoids.
i guess it's mostly dabbed, but I've seen sauce carts from time to time here.

She can go anywhere.   I’ll post the two that are close to us. 

What are the options for vaping?  Flower and wax?  Liquid?  I’m assuming these all require different types of pens?

I'd do something like this: https://www.iheartjane.com/embed/stores/1901/products/222283/airo-pro-dosidos?recommended=false&fromMenu=true?blockScrollToTop

That is the cartridge and then they can sell you the battery/pen which can re-charged and re-used and then she''ll just need to buy new cartridges when she runs out.

I also like the looks of this one. Again if she's looking for pain relief I think starting with a 1:1 cart is a great way to and this is full spectrum oil.

https://www.iheartjane.com/embed/stores/1901/products/234775/cure-ohio-1-1-cokoh-fix?recommended=false&fromMenu=true?blockScrollToTop

She can go anywhere.   I’ll post the two that are close to us. 

What are the options for vaping?  Flower and wax?  Liquid?  I’m assuming these all require different types of pens?
yea..it depends if she wants to vape flower or vape any type of oil.  If you get the universal pen/battery you can buy different brands and strains by the cartridge.  I think there is one type of expensive vape pen that does both flower and oil. (Pax)

I'm the same way.  I tell everyone doses I take when I don't even notice and they are surprised.  I do t want to push it and rather just stick to the pens.  I've been over the edge on butter before and it wasn't fun.

How old is too old for pot?  Smoking a joint that has to be 18 month old weed at this point. 
So the older the pot gets the more the cannabinoid CBN appears.  THC starts to dissipate and you won’t get as high and it will probably make you more sleepy than normal. That’s what CBN does.  Other than that, smoke away.

Florida quietly publishes med mj edibles rules

Wednesday night, four years after Florida voters approved the legalization of medical marijuana and one year after the Legislature allowed patients to smoke it, edible marijuana products were allowed to enter the market.

The Florida Department of Health, which oversees the Office of Medical Marijuana Use, quietly published emergency rules for edible medical marijuana late Wednesday night. Bax predicts variances will be issued to licensed Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers this week and products will hit shelves soon after.

The rules, which go into effect immediately, are fairly basic for a medical marijuana state: the edibles cannot have primary or bright colors in order to minimize attraction to children, must not resemble any commercially available candy and must be packaged appropriately

Nice. How many milligrams? 

i recently found some 1:1 thc:cbd edibles that kick hard. 20mg of these were easily 30-40 of the just thc ones imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread