What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (4 Viewers)

No way I would exercise while being high. That can be dangerous for your heart. When you're high, your heart rate already increases anywhere from 20 to 100 percent. And you're gonna strain your heart even more? Seems dumb.
I was 20, wasn't too worried about my heart rate.

Buckfast, give me some weed shopping advice for my Colorado vacation. We're arriving at Denver airport at 10:30 am on a Saturday. The plan is to go to one (or more) dispensaries before continuing on to our destination (Breckenridge). Here are my questions:

1) Are there particular places that are better that I should especially seek out? I don't really want to drive all over Denver for four hours, but I'd rather go to a place that's better rather than just one that's convenient.

2) Do they still have limits on the amount of edibles you can buy and if so, do you know what the limits are? We'll only be there a week, so it's not like we need a ridiculous amount, but my wife prefers edibles to smoking, so she's probably going to want one or two per day. And I'll probably try some too, especially if we go places where smoking is impractical.

3) Do any of the places have some sort of "sampler" package where I can get small amounts of lots of different strains? I'm excited to try new and different stuff but I only have a week so I can't really buy normal amounts of more than one strain without being incredibly wasteful.

I probably have more questions but can't think of them now.
1. There are two places that I like that are right off of I-70 on the way to the mountains from the airport. One is the Green Solution (at 4400 Grape St. off of the Dahlia/Holly/Monaco exit), which offers a really nice buying experience with a good selection of strains with Ipads that contain all the relevant info for each strain (strain type, indica/sativa, THC/CBD percentages, etc.) as well as very helpful budtenders. That is where I take my out-of-town visitors. I also like Dank (which is located at 3835 Elm St. off the same exit as Green Solution). Both Green Solution and Dank have a nice selection of edibles. Both of those dispensaries are located in a kind of weird industrial park area of Denver, but they are very conveniently located to the interstate on your way to the mountains. 2. There is a limit that you can buy at one time, but I think it varies a bit with edibles. I'm actually not sure exactly how that works. I think you should be able to purchase a sufficient amount of edibles. They don't track your daily purchases in any sort of online system, so you could always make two stops if you wished. There is also a dispensary up in Breckenridge, so you could always make a second stop there if necessary. However, I would recommend stocking up in Denver before going to the mountains just because there is a better selection and cheaper prices.

3. I haven't seen a sampler package, but you can buy small amounts such as a gram at any of the places I told you about. I would recommend getting a gram of a couple different strains, so that you can expereince the difference between indicas and sativas. If you are doing something active and outdoorsy up in the mountains, then you should use a sativa. If you are sitting around and relaxing at night, I would recommend an indica.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
WOW. More later.

WOW. More later.
So, just to follow up on this, I spent last week in Colorado. Good times, thanks to all who gave advice. Drove straight from the airport to the Green Solution, which Buckfast had recommended. Located in an an industrial area of town, I think my wife felt a little unsure although she didn't say anything. Place was amazing and just really professional. My only problem was that it was TOO professional -- there was a line of people so they were trying to move customers through like, you know, a regular store. The setup is that you wait on line until there's an employee available to help you, then that employee takes you around and shows you what they have to offer. That sounds great but I felt a little pressured, I would have loved to have spent an hour in there looking at everything and soaking it all in. Anyway, we bought way way too much because we were so excited. I was excited about different strains to see how different they really were (my dealer at home just gives me whatever he has). My wife was excited about edibles. So between us we walked out of there with enough stuff to be stoned every day for more than a month, even though we only had 6 days. My favorite strain was something called "Glass Slipper", for what it's worth. With that said, I didn't find the different strains all that different, even though the descriptions of what the high was supposed to feel like were dissimilar. They were all good.

After stocking up, we went out to Breckenridge, where we stayed for most of our vacation. We stayed in a condo with a little outdoor patio that was perfect for smoking. We did some mountain biking and hiking and whitewater rafting and stuff like that. I was high for most of it, but not the part where I biked down the mountain because that would've been too scary/difficult. While in Breckenridge, we visited the dispensary there, totally different feel. It was located right on Main Street in an older building where you had to walk upstairs like you were going into your grandmother's attic. It was much more laid back, seemed more like a hippie pot store than a corporate conglomerate like the place in Denver. But it was busy there too, we couldn't just lounge around looking forever. We still had plenty of weed from before, so we just bought one edible chocolate bar so it wouldn't feel like we were wasting their time.

We spent the last night of our trip in Denver (pro tip -- if staying downtown, the Warwick Hotel has outdoor balconies you can use to smoke). Met up with these friends of ours, the husband lives near us but is a lawyer who does lots of marijuana-related work in Colorado. We went out for dinner and drinks with a bunch of his marijuana-activist friends/work contacts, including this guy, who I liked a lot. It was pretty striking listening to their conversations. They are far from satisfied with the pace and scope of change. Meanwhile, I was still reeling from just going to regular stores where I bought pot like I was buying groceries. Just a different perspective I guess -- these guys have been living this stuff forever, I was just an outsider.

Anyway, fun experience. Would love to head out there again sometime, although maybe a few years from now we might have legal weed here in the Northeast so it won't be as needed.

WOW. More later.
So, just to follow up on this, I spent last week in Colorado. Good times, thanks to all who gave advice. Drove straight from the airport to the Green Solution, which Buckfast had recommended. Located in an an industrial area of town, I think my wife felt a little unsure although she didn't say anything. Place was amazing and just really professional. My only problem was that it was TOO professional -- there was a line of people so they were trying to move customers through like, you know, a regular store. The setup is that you wait on line until there's an employee available to help you, then that employee takes you around and shows you what they have to offer. That sounds great but I felt a little pressured, I would have loved to have spent an hour in there looking at everything and soaking it all in. Anyway, we bought way way too much because we were so excited. I was excited about different strains to see how different they really were (my dealer at home just gives me whatever he has). My wife was excited about edibles. So between us we walked out of there with enough stuff to be stoned every day for more than a month, even though we only had 6 days. My favorite strain was something called "Glass Slipper", for what it's worth. With that said, I didn't find the different strains all that different, even though the descriptions of what the high was supposed to feel like were dissimilar. They were all good.After stocking up, we went out to Breckenridge, where we stayed for most of our vacation. We stayed in a condo with a little outdoor patio that was perfect for smoking. We did some mountain biking and hiking and whitewater rafting and stuff like that. I was high for most of it, but not the part where I biked down the mountain because that would've been too scary/difficult. While in Breckenridge, we visited the dispensary there, totally different feel. It was located right on Main Street in an older building where you had to walk upstairs like you were going into your grandmother's attic. It was much more laid back, seemed more like a hippie pot store than a corporate conglomerate like the place in Denver. But it was busy there too, we couldn't just lounge around looking forever. We still had plenty of weed from before, so we just bought one edible chocolate bar so it wouldn't feel like we were wasting their time.We spent the last night of our trip in Denver (pro tip -- if staying downtown, the Warwick Hotel has outdoor balconies you can use to smoke). Met up with these friends of ours, the husband lives near us but is a lawyer who does lots of marijuana-related work in Colorado. We went out for dinner and drinks with a bunch of his marijuana-activist friends/work contacts, including this guy, who I liked a lot. It was pretty striking listening to their conversations. They are far from satisfied with the pace and scope of change. Meanwhile, I was still reeling from just going to regular stores where I bought pot like I was buying groceries. Just a different perspective I guess -- these guys have been living this stuff forever, I was just an outsider.Anyway, fun experience. Would love to head out there again sometime, although maybe a few years from now we might have legal weed here in the Northeast so it won't be as needed.
Sounds awesome. Wife and I are planning a trip to Denver next year, can't wait. So what did you do with all that surplus? :)

Sounds awesome. Wife and I are planning a trip to Denver next year, can't wait.

So what did you do with all that surplus? :)
We gave the leftovers to our friends that we hung out with the last night. He says he routinely packs weed in his luggage and brings it home, but I'm too scared to do that. It's possible he may bring ours home with him and give it back to us, but I tried not to encourage it because I don't want him to feel like he's our mule or something.If I was an enterprising college kid in Denver I would set up some weed donation bins near the airport for people to drop off their excess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm going to have to go skiing this winter. Haven't been in a while. Not that I have problems now, but I just want to support the cause by adding my purchases to the numbers in Colorado.

For you Cali dudes: if/when Florida passes the bill this fall, what ailments should I suddenly develop to get a script for medical marijuana? I realize the law may be different, and I realize it's kind of a running joke, but I'm moving to Florida soon, and I just want to know what to do here.

What did you guys think of the edibles? Have to admit I have never been a fan.
I've got some chocolate in my fridge you can have right now.

I made some brownies with the Volcano vaporizor left overs, and I while it didn't put me on my ### like the chocolate above, I still wouldn't eat those too often.

What did you guys think of the edibles? Have to admit I have never been a fan.
Personally I prefer smoking because the effects are immediate and it's easier to regulate your dosage. I bake edibles at home sometimes because my wife likes them and they're good for times when smoking may be a challenge (concerts, sporting events, any evening where you don't have some sort of "home base" to smoke up).The edibles in Colorado were good and obviously convenient. If I lived there I would never bake another brownie again, it just wouldn't be worth the trouble.

As best as we could tell, there weren't edibles made from different strains that would give you different highs. They all were just made from some sort of generic hybrids, so the only distinctions between them were: 1) How much THC they had in them, and 2) how they tasted. We bought a bunch of brownies and two fruit punch drinks at the Denver store. I wasn't crazy about the taste of the brownies -- they were like those pre-packaged supermarket brownies that I wouldn't normally go out of my way to eat. They each had a standard 10mg of THC, which I could definitely feel but it was pretty mild. The fruit punches had 30mg each. I imagine if you drank the whole thing it might be pretty overpowering, but we each just had half the bottle at a time. The taste was meh. I think the drink may have worked faster than the brownies did, I don't know if that's because of drinking v. eating, or if I just had less in my stomach or something. The best edible in my opinion was the toffee/chocolate bar we bought near the end. I think it had 40mg and it tasted pretty good, like dark chocolate. It got sort of melty in my backpack so I ended up smearing about half of it onto a banana and eating it like that.

Went to Amsterdam for two weeks in late May this year and returned with 10 Big Bud feminized seeds, which I planted in outdoor containers on June 5. Of the 10 seeds, 9 germinated. Of those 9, 8 were healthy and one had a fungus problem that really stunted development but which is now recovering and flowering. Those 8 healthy ones were about 4' tall as of yesterday and in their third week of flowering.

We have a fenced in backyard two which only the landscapers and the dog poop guy had access.

Last night I got up to go to the bathroom at 3:00am... I look out the window and, in the harvest moonlight, I see... NO PLANTS on our patio where I had left them the night before. They were there at 11:00pm when I went to bed...

I go outside and found the 12-quart pots all on the ground by the fence door, and all the root balls with their 12 quarts of dirt were scattered on the ground. Thieves broke the plants off at the base, probably stuffed them in big trash bags, closed the gate behind them, and skidattled. :angry:

They left the one sickly plant and broke one plant off above one of the branches, which left a few buds for me.

Those plants still had 3-4 weeks to go before I thought they would really be ready for harvest... the thieves won't get that much from what they took. And that strain is mostly indica, which means they won't get much of a "head high" off of it. It was more of a true MMJ type plant for treatment of pain (I have a doctor's certificate so I could grow legally).

Thankfully, we're moving to a new house in mid-October. My next grow will be 100% indoors.

Question- if the general consensus of online reviews is that a certain strain is one of the most potent with up to 28% THC, but the package in the store says 15% THC, does that mean that specific sample is poor quality (not worth the price), or how does this variance happen?

Went to Amsterdam for two weeks in late May this year and returned with 10 Big Bud feminized seeds, which I planted in outdoor containers on June 5. Of the 10 seeds, 9 germinated. Of those 9, 8 were healthy and one had a fungus problem that really stunted development but which is now recovering and flowering. Those 8 healthy ones were about 4' tall as of yesterday and in their third week of flowering.

We have a fenced in backyard two which only the landscapers and the dog poop guy had access.

Last night I got up to go to the bathroom at 3:00am... I look out the window and, in the harvest moonlight, I see... NO PLANTS on our patio where I had left them the night before. They were there at 11:00pm when I went to bed...

I go outside and found the 12-quart pots all on the ground by the fence door, and all the root balls with their 12 quarts of dirt were scattered on the ground. Thieves broke the plants off at the base, probably stuffed them in big trash bags, closed the gate behind them, and skidattled. :angry:

They left the one sickly plant and broke one plant off above one of the branches, which left a few buds for me.

Those plants still had 3-4 weeks to go before I thought they would really be ready for harvest... the thieves won't get that much from what they took. And that strain is mostly indica, which means they won't get much of a "head high" off of it. It was more of a true MMJ type plant for treatment of pain (I have a doctor's certificate so I could grow legally).

Thankfully, we're moving to a new house in mid-October. My next grow will be 100% indoors.
Sucks dude, bummer. :thumbdown: This is THE reason I don't grow.

Sucks dude, bummer. :thumbdown: This is THE reason I don't grow.
Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ####### doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it. [/vincent vega]

And this is why we can't have nice things.

A friend of ours introduced us to the Pax vaporizor this weekend. My first experience with vaping vs. smoking...the experience blew me away and I started looking around online for reviews, then ended up buying one on Ebay. Highly recommend this thing.

http://www.ploom.com/pax

Note: list is $250 but I got it on Ebay for $220.

McGarnicle said:
A friend of ours introduced us to the Pax vaporizor this weekend. My first experience with vaping vs. smoking...the experience blew me away and I started looking around online for reviews, then ended up buying one on Ebay. Highly recommend this thing.

The Pax is nice. My GB has one. He brings that thing EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. Just be careful.... It sneaks up on you. I've been out drinking with him, and hit it a little too much, and I'm KO'd from it (where as, I'm fine just hitting a joint/bowl at the bar)

Looks pretty cool
I own this.

Zero complaints.

10 year warranty, easy to clean, easy to charge. Works like a charm

Looks pretty cool
I own this.

Zero complaints.

Me too. Its awesome.

Looks pretty cool
I own this.

Zero complaints.

I've got two. I keep on getting that hole in the mouthpiece all plugged with resin... and that little hole is not so easy to clean. How do you clean that, or haven't you had this problelm?

That said, I use the Pax strictly as a portable vaporizer. For everyday use at home I have yet to find anything that beats my Silver Surfer.

Looks pretty cool
I own this.

Zero complaints.

I've got two. I keep on getting that hole in the mouthpiece all plugged with resin... and that little hole is not so easy to clean. How do you clean that, or haven't you had this problelm?

That said, I use the Pax strictly as a portable vaporizer. For everyday use at home I have yet to find anything that beats my Silver Surfer.
I haven't had that issue, usually use a q-tip though.

I also have a Silver Surfer, should use that more than the pax, but the pax is way more convenient even at home.

Looks pretty cool
I own this.

Zero complaints.

I also have a Silver Surfer, should use that more than the pax, but the pax is way more convenient even at home.
Are you kidding? I just use that hose to suck the herb up into that glass wand and then insert the wand into the heating mechanism. It doesn't get much more convenient than that... no need to even touch the herb.

I need something portable. I used to have an iolite, but wore it out. I use the hotbox at home. I hear of a lot of people going to wax/ oil in like little ecigs. Ive tried then both and they were cool I guess. I don't think they got me supper ripped though.

Looks pretty cool
I own this.

Zero complaints.

Are you kidding? I just use that hose to suck the herb up into that glass wand and then insert the wand into the heating mechanism. It doesn't get much more convenient than that... no need to even touch the herb.
I have to pack/unpack it into the carrying case each time I use it vs just pulling the pax out of the drawer.

I need something portable. I used to have an iolite, but wore it out. I use the hotbox at home. I hear of a lot of people going to wax/ oil in like little ecigs. Ive tried then both and they were cool I guess. I don't think they got me supper ripped though.
Wax/oil messes you up waaaaaaaaaay more if it's good stuff.

Just hard to get and the process to make it is slightly sketchy/dangerous.

Looks pretty cool
I own this.

Zero complaints.

I have to pack/unpack it into the carrying case each time I use it vs just pulling the pax out of the drawer.
Oh, that explains it, then. :thumbup: I just leave mine on my desktop. And since no herb ever touches the desktop unit, it doesn't smell or anything, either. Looks like a new age pencil sharpener, which is what I tell anyone should they ask.

Looks pretty cool
I own this.

Zero complaints.

Exactly, a lot more set up costs

PAX doesn't eliminate smell, does it?
Yeah, this is what I'm learning in a hurry. It definitely doesn't, especially with the insanely aromatic stuff available now.The taste is unbelievable though, as is the high.
Read this about the PAX, then learned about something I'd never heard of before, a sploof (half a plastic bottle packed full of dryer sheets and baby wipes that you blow your smoke in to). Will be keeping that idea in my back pocket incase the need ever arises.

PAX doesn't eliminate smell, does it?
Yeah, this is what I'm learning in a hurry. It definitely doesn't, especially with the insanely aromatic stuff available now.The taste is unbelievable though, as is the high.
Read this about the PAX, then learned about something I'd never heard of before, a sploof (half a plastic bottle packed full of dryer sheets and baby wipes that you blow your smoke in to). Will be keeping that idea in my back pocket incase the need ever arises.
I remember I high school using a paper towel roll stuffed with dryer sheets..lol

A friend of ours introduced us to the Pax vaporizor this weekend. My first experience with vaping vs. smoking...the experience blew me away and I started looking around online for reviews, then ended up buying one on Ebay. Highly recommend this thing.http://www.ploom.com/pax

Looks pretty cool
I own this.Zero complaints.

I've got two. I keep on getting that hole in the mouthpiece all plugged with resin... and that little hole is not so easy to clean. How do you clean that, or haven't you had this problelm? That said, I use the Pax strictly as a portable vaporizer. For everyday use at home I have yet to find anything that beats my Silver Surfer.
Good video about cleaning the pax. This guy uses rubbing alcohol and an interdental brush. http://youtu.be/phErd673_sY

A friend of ours introduced us to the Pax vaporizor this weekend. My first experience with vaping vs. smoking...the experience blew me away and I started looking around online for reviews, then ended up buying one on Ebay. Highly recommend this thing.http://www.ploom.com/pax

Looks pretty cool
I own this.Zero complaints.

I've got two. I keep on getting that hole in the mouthpiece all plugged with resin... and that little hole is not so easy to clean. How do you clean that, or haven't you had this problelm? That said, I use the Pax strictly as a portable vaporizer. For everyday use at home I have yet to find anything that beats my Silver Surfer.
Good video about cleaning the pax. This guy uses rubbing alcohol and an interdental brush.http://youtu.be/phErd673_sY
:goodposting: So that guy uses a Den-Tek Easy Brush to clean that tiny hole in the mouthpiece.... that's the area that always clogs up on me. Maybe I'll give that a try over the weekend and see how that works. Cleaning the rest of it is easy, but that little hole in the mouthpiece has given me the hardest time.

I use pipe cleaners/rubbing alcohol to clean mine, as long as I clean it regularly pretty much everything ends up looking clean other than the oven and screen. IMO odor is definitely still there but substantially diminished and doesn't linger as long.

Users who are viewing this thread