Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
buddhacwru

Damien Wiliams - RB - Oklahoma

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

Now I know what I'm having for dinner.  Veal parm sounds great.

You, Sir, are welcome. You can thank the 3am wake up call made by my sinuses for this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

Dang, I had a contusion one time and ended up on crutches and needing a handicapped parking spot for two weeks after a buddy barely kicked me in the calf. And since you all want to know, no, I didn't eat the calf. The calf was my leg. 

Interesting re-veal

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So maybe Shady isnt able to go...

 

Adam Teicher

@adamteicher

Neither McCoy nor Damien Williams are working in early portion of Chiefs practice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bayhawks said:

Except, according to Dr. Chao (on CBS’ fantasy football podcast), there are different types of bone bruises.  The type you are probably thinking of (like when you bang your shin), and the type where the bruise is on a joint.  The 2nd type is worse & not a “nothing burger.”

It's a nothing burger when the team chooses to not even do further testing. They did an MRI on McCoy and nothing on Williams. That should indicate a low level of concern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ATB said:

It's a nothing burger when the team chooses to not even do further testing. They did an MRI on McCoy and nothing on Williams. That should indicate a low level of concern. 

Day of rest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ATB said:

It's a nothing burger when the team chooses to not even do further testing. They did an MRI on McCoy and nothing on Williams. That should indicate a low level of concern. 

That just doesn’t make sense.  Your earlier post referenced the specific injury, not the team’s reaction to it.  My response was with regards to that line of reasoning.  If you want to move the goalposts and say a team not doing testing makes it a nothing burger, that’s a different point. 

Edited by Bayhawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

That just doesn’t make sense.  Your earlier post referenced the specific injury, not the team’s reaction to it.  My response was with regards to that line of reasoning.  If you want to move the goalposts and say a team not doing testing makes it a nothing burger, that’s a different point. 

As with everything, context is king. We don't have access to Williams' knee so we obviously can't be making a diagnosis. But with context, we can discern a low level of concern from the team as evidenced by their actions in regards to McCoy's injury and how that compares to their actions in regards to Williams' injury. Couple that with the fact that the Chiefs were up big after William's injury and the most likely explanation is that it's not a big deal. 

Most likely, it's a low level bone bruise and he was kept out of a blowout game to be careful. No further tests were done and he's currently resting on a typical vet resting day. 

We won't know til Sunday but, until then, he's slotted in my flex spot and I would bet, if either one misses the game this week, it will be McCoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bone bruise in the knee joint is definitely not a nothing burger. This may not be that. Or it might be.

Since when do we rely on teams revealing this stuff until they absolutely have to? Remember, there is a weekly joust between opposing coaches regarding information. Practice participation is the revealer. So far, no good for DWill and McCoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early signs aren't good, but it's only Wednesday - Friday will be the key.

And I'd like to try a nothing burger - never heard of one nor had it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scooby1974 said:

Darwin could be evolving into the guy...

I see that.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Early signs aren't good, but it's only Wednesday - Friday will be the key.

And I'd like to try a nothing burger - never heard of one nor had it before.

They taste like chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ATB said:

As with everything, context is king. We don't have access to Williams' knee so we obviously can't be making a diagnosis. But with context, we can discern a low level of concern from the team as evidenced by their actions in regards to McCoy's injury and how that compares to their actions in regards to Williams' injury. Couple that with the fact that the Chiefs were up big after William's injury and the most likely explanation is that it's not a big deal. 

Most likely, it's a low level bone bruise and he was kept out of a blowout game to be careful. No further tests were done and he's currently resting on a typical vet resting day. 

We won't know til Sunday but, until then, he's slotted in my flex spot and I would bet, if either one misses the game this week, it will be McCoy. 

This is some very wishful thinking.  Everything that you posted about Williams is true of McCoy, save the MRI, which revealed no significant damage.  We don't have access to McCoy's ankle, the Chiefs were up big after McCoy's injury, as well, he was most likely kept out of a blowout game to be careful, and is likely receiving a typical vet resting day.

The other bit of context that you are ignoring is that Williams has a history of not being able to stand up to significant work, while McCoy doesn't.  Yet because you have Williams in your flex spot, you are choosing to read all of these as positives for Williams, but as negatives for McCoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Early signs aren't good, but it's only Wednesday - Friday will be the key.

And I'd like to try a nothing burger - never heard of one nor had it before.

I can tell you all about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

You picked up on that one. Like a beagle on the trail.

Just hope he doesn't thwock my nose with a newspaper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I came for some insight but definitely sticking around for the puns 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Loipz said:

Man I came for some insight but definitely sticking around for the puns 

You should check out the Gallup thread

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

Saddling up and heading over there now.

Giddy up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Quit horsing around. No horse play in the Shark Pool.

That wasn't very neighborly of you.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bayhawks said:

This is some very wishful thinking.  Everything that you posted about Williams is true of McCoy, save the MRI...

That’s kind of the whole point. Chiefs were concerned enough about McCoy’s injury to take a precautionary MRI. 

Williams didn’t even need one. 

You cant pretend the concern level for an injury is the same for a player who needed an MRI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Oh gawd, what did I start....  

It's not so much that you started it, it's only getting to the finish line that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scooby1974 said:

It's not so much that you started it, it's only getting to the finish line that matters.

The question is is Dwill on the rail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ATB said:

That’s kind of the whole point. Chiefs were concerned enough about McCoy’s injury to take a precautionary MRI. 

Williams didn’t even need one. 

You cant pretend the concern level for an injury is the same for a player who needed an MRI. 

I can actually see both your points. It's pointless at this point to really debate it. We'll find out when we find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I can actually see both your points. It's pointless at this point to really debate it. We'll find out when we find out.

Maybe you can enlighten me on his point because I don’t see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ATB said:

Maybe you can enlighten me on his point because I don’t see it. 

That you had shifted the focus from the injury to the team's reaction, which actually only allows us to see heads or tails without probability. What we know is that McCoy's MRI came back clean. We have no update on the contusion. That could mean that it's worse. It could also mean that it's better and that they didn't have him for further testing means they're not concerned. Like I said, you each could be right about what it means.

I personally don't know. I'll wait. Right now, I'm stuck with three KC backs and no idea who to play. Frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

That you had shifted the focus from the injury to the team's reaction, which actually only allows us to see heads or tails without probability. What we know is that McCoy's MRI came back clean. We have no update on the contusion. That could mean that it's worse. It could also mean that it's better and that they didn't have him for further testing means they're not concerned. Like I said, you each could be right about what it means.

I personally don't know. I'll wait. Right now, I'm stuck with three KC backs and no idea who to play. Frustrating.

How could it mean it’s worse though? That’s my point. The fact that you go to get an MRI on your head after an injury to the head and it comes back clean does not mean you’re healthier than someone who didn’t need to get an MRI in the first place. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ATB said:

How could it mean it’s worse though? That’s my point. The fact that you go to get an MRI on your head after an injury to the head and it comes back clean does not mean you’re healthier than someone who didn’t need to get an MRI in the first place. 

Mayhaps they trailered DWill off to the glue factory and didn't tell us yet? That's what happened to my white gelding Elmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ATB said:

How could it mean it’s worse though? That’s my point. The fact that you go to get an MRI on your head after an injury to the head and it comes back clean does not mean you’re healthier than someone who didn’t need to get an MRI in the first place. 

I get that line of logic, but perhaps the injury DWill suffered isn't about further testing, it's about time and healing. That was part of Bayhawks point. I see how either could be true, is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATB said:

That’s kind of the whole point. Chiefs were concerned enough about McCoy’s injury to take a precautionary MRI. 

Williams didn’t even need one. 

You cant pretend the concern level for an injury is the same for a player who needed an MRI. 

You can't pretend that the concern level for a player who NEVER HAD A CHANCE to practice today is the same as a player who DID HAVE A CHANCE to practice today.  Chiefs knew Williams' injury was bad enough that he couldn't have practiced, while McCoy's was not as severe, as he had a chance to practice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATB said:

Maybe you can enlighten me on his point because I don’t see it. 

You posted "his injury's a nothing burger."  When I pointed out that a fairly well-respected medical source said that it wasn't necessarily a nothing burger, you moved the goal-posts and said "I meant KC sent McCoy to get an MRI, but not Williams, so it's a nothing burger." 

YOU changed your reasoning when the flaw in your original excuse to prop up Williams was pointed out.  Then you pointed out that you own Williams & have him in your starting lineup.  There appears to be a very clear example of bias.  That's the point I'm making.  Neither McCoy or Williams is a better bet to start, based on what we know.  You are trying to invent reasons why Williams is the better bet, but your argument is not logical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATB said:

Maybe you can enlighten me on his point because I don’t see it. 

You are talking apples and oranges.

It is possible that a precautionary MRI for an injury that is aided by an MRI could be less serious than an injury that does not get an MRI for the fact that an MRI isn't applicable.

For example you can diagnose and treat a bruise without an MRI, even a bad one. I believe MRI's can see a bone bruise, but the treatment wouldn't differ regardless (so an MRI would probably not be done).  Likewise a tendon/ligament would probably get an MRI even if it were a nothing burger.

I am familiar with MRI, not an expert, but that is the logic.

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rockaction said:

Sane posting. 

As you can see this is no place for any of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friendly reminder. Please keep this 100% on Football. Not back and forth shots at each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Friendly reminder. Please keep this 100% on Football. Not back and forth shots at each other. 

Or apparently horse joke references.  Lol

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruh ruh. Now I'm reading it's a groin injury. One of the three dreadeds (along with hammy and turf toe). This is becoming muddier by the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LawFitz said:

Ruh ruh. Now I'm reading it's a groin injury. One of the three dreadeds (along with hammy and turf toe). This is becoming muddier by the day.

Some are saying knee, some groin, some contusion. We don't really know and can't know. All I know is Reid didn't expect Williams to suit up at all, and that's no bueno.

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe it or not, of the 3-headed KC RB, McCoy is currently on the WW in my league (dropped in a recent lopsided trade).  One owner has DWill, and I own Darwin.  McCoy becomes available for WW pickup in 5 hours, and if not claimed, a FA a few seconds later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why am I sensing a Darrell Williams ascension coming soon just to really muther eff everyone.

Maybe it's because I was one of the fool's holding the Spencer B. Ware bag last year when DWill swooped.

I own both McCoy and MGD and can see big Andy getting me once again.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LawFitz said:

Why am I sensing a Darrell Williams ascension coming soon just to really muther eff everyone.

Maybe it's because I was one of the fool's holding the Spencer B. Ware bag last year when DWill swooped.

I own both McCoy and MGD and can see big Andy getting me once again.

Yeah

I drafted Damien Williams and am just wishing I’d have avoided the whole situation wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LawFitz said:

Why am I sensing a Darrell Williams ascension coming soon just to really muther eff everyone.

Maybe it's because I was one of the fool's holding the Spencer B. Ware bag last year when DWill swooped.

I own both McCoy and MGD and can see big Andy getting me once again.

If I remember correctly, Ware got hurt - thats the reason Williams became relevant.  It wasnt an Andy Reid muther eff was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had some ailment that they downplayed and while he put in limited practices the week of the transition, all beat reports said going into the game that Ware was going to start and get the lion share.

While Ware may have started (I can't recall) DWill was getting early reps and grabbed the bull, scoring like 30 fantasy points between rushing, receiving and a TD or two. I remember being horrified because, while I did not start Ware that night, my opponent started DWill out of desperation.

Reid likes Darrell Will. I'm mentally prepping myself for another muther effing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Some are saying knee, some groin, some contusion. We don't really know and can't know. All I know is Reid didn't expect Williams to suit up at all, and that's no bueno.

Where are you seeing this?  I can’t find anything like that.  Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, bud. I can't point you to a link, but I went to Google, typed in Damien Williams, clicked news, and went to the Kansas City papers and sources. He said that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.