What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (4 Viewers)

The “flew back” part is throwing me for a loop. Is it a typo? Flew back where? Almost sounds like he went to Mexico but came back to attend to a family matter. 
They were probably practicing in Mexico at the end of the week.  

Hey, does anybody know if they are playing at that high altitude stadium in Mexico that the USMNT plays at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I don’t know.  Is it out of the realm that Reid lowers his snaps because of missing the last two days?  I guess it depends on your options.  I’m starting Brian hill over him just to be safe.  
I'd start Hill over him in a second. My options are JD and Guice so I gotta go with Williams but knowing the potential outcome.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
Man I don’t know.  Is it out of the realm that Reid lowers his snaps because of missing the last two days?  I guess it depends on your options.  I’m starting Brian hill over him just to be safe.  
Based on the recent update I wouldn't do that.

Based on the recent update I wouldn't do that but good luck.

Rolling Sanders and Coleman over him. Hill, Singletary and RoJo with Barkley on Bye

Based on the recent update I wouldn't do that but good luck.

Damien Williams (personal) is active for Week 11 against the Chargers Monday night.

He made the flight with the team and was no longer in question after that. Williams has dominated snaps in recent weeks and is a fine RB2 option. Inactive for the Chiefs are CB Kendall Fuller (thumb), RB Darwin Thompson, QB Chad Henne, OL Jackson Barton, OL Nick Allegretti, TE Blake Bell (ankle), and DE Alex Okafor (ankle).

Nov 18, 2019, 6:52 PM ET

Damien Williams (ribs) exited Monday night's Week 11 game against the Chargers with a ribs injury.

Williams got the start for the Chiefs but had just four carries for seven yards and one catch for six yards on one target before leaving right before halftime. LeSean McCoy, after being healthy scratched last week, has a touchdown run and 15 yards on three carries with two grabs for -2 yards. It'll be McCoy and Darrel Williams while Damien is out.

I’ve never been more excited in my fantasy career to trade away a player this offseason in my dyno. I’d do it now but trade deadline is passed.

Like many of you this injury F’d me tonight.  But the good news is at least I can be done with this black hole of a situation.  I never root for injuries as that’s bad juju but I hope he’s out a few weeks now to close the door on the FF season. 

I’ve never been more excited in my fantasy career to trade away a player this offseason in my dyno. I’d do it now but trade deadline is passed.
Traded him away for a 2019 1st rounder last offseason. 
opposite of point to the shirt ;)  

(full disclosure: that dynasty team is in 9th place, so that trade might be my high point of the season)

Agree with twenty-four-eighty-four.  I would assume if his ribs were broken we would probably have heard something by now. Everything I have read says "injured ribs" which is not very specific. 

Agree with twenty-four-eighty-four.  I would assume if his ribs were broken we would probably have heard something by now. Everything I have read says "injured ribs" which is not very specific. 
Agree as well; if it was something that wasn’t short term, we’d have probably heard something (unless they’re happy with their other options at RB).

I still can't imagine starting this guy In a fantasy playoff game given all the moving parts involved with these guys. But for others, fortune and favoring the bold and all of that.  

I still can't imagine starting this guy In a fantasy playoff game given all the moving parts involved with these guys. But for others, fortune and favoring the bold and all of that.  
I will probably have to but it’s because I designed my teams weakness to be my RB2. I have the rope to pick up the slack.

Yeah, team construction also figures in a whole lot. Good luck.  Not as many RBs going down this year as opposed to last.  
Thanks- relying on a combo of Damien Williams/McCoy/Montgomery/Jonathan Williams to give me something decent there. The rest of my team has the fire power to win weeks.

I went and picked him up since I had an open spot and the Chiefs are on Bye. 8-3 in a double flex league where you could start up to 3 RBs (2 RBs and the second FLEX is W/R/T) but I have injuries to Devonta Freeman and an uncertain situation with Chris Carson.

He was dropped in our league.  Debating picking up either him or Darrel when we hear any definitive news.  I might get beat to it though by those who won't wait for news.  Very aggressive league.

Might be an indication that Damien is not okay.

"#Chiefs sign RB Elijah McGuire to practice squad

Nov 26, 2019, 12:07 PM ET"
Hope you're wrong.  Why can't we have nice things?  Every time he's started to show his ability or separate himself from the competition, he gets hurt. 🤬

Hope you're wrong.  Why can't we have nice things?  Every time he's started to show his ability or separate himself from the competition, he gets hurt. 🤬
Or just supplanted in the pecking order for no apparent reason. I drafted him and McCoy and thought I'd hit the jackpot between the two of them. But it's been maddening instead. 

I can definitely see the Chiefs drafting one of Taylor, Swift, or Etienne in the first round, or trade up into the early 2nd if one of the big 3 drops, which I doubt they will.  I think the Chiefs are still hurting over the loss of Hunt and they know it.

Users who are viewing this thread