What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bluetooth Headphones (1 Viewer)

snellman

Footballguy
I am looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones with football season right around the corner. I will mainly be listening to sports and podcasts with them connected to either my laptop or phone/tablet. I am getting sick of the cord and would like to go cordless, but don't want to fork over a lot of $ for them.

Way to many options out there so I thought I would come here to see if anyone has had any experience. Ideally would like to keep them under $100 but could go up to $150. Sound quality is not as important as comfort and dependability.

There's a recent thread on this but I'm tired of the broken "Search" function.

I like my LG HBS-730's. About $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question. I need some too. I cannot wear earbuds though. They just always fall out. Are there good noise canceling ones? Does Bluetooth work in airplane mode?

There's a recent thread on this but I'm tired of the broken "Search" function.

I like my LG HBS-730's. About $50.
 I second these. I actually have the HBS-700. I understand the 730's sacrifice a little battery life and reception range for some improvement in music quality. My use is similar to OP's purpose for sports and podcasts. Mainly when working around the yard when my phone or tablet isn't always in my pocket so the 700's work well for me.

Ended up buying these :

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-WP-300-Headphones-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B004D4R9VC/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1407189390&sr=1-3&keywords=WP-350

The newer model got good reviews and the only difference between these and the newer model was the newer model has a mic (which might be handy, but I plan on mainly using them at home so don't think so). I went with over the ear because buds start to bother my ears after being in for a while and this way I can have one side over my ear and the other behind my ear until I get tired of the wife nagging about me watching too much football, then I can put it over my ear and completely shut her out :bye: .

Would those be good on a plane or train?
Just got mine today. Worked with my phone, tablet, laptop and Dish network Hopper Receiver. Haven't had a chance to use them much, but the sound quality is good(I am not an audiophile so take it for what it is worth). I would imagine they would work well on a plane or a train, but I am not sure if they would work well for working out or doing too much active because the fit is not super snug.

I ended up getting these Mpow bluetooth headphones for like $65. I think I have learned my lesson to not skimp on certain things. While the sound is good and they work well with my iphone and ipad, I cannot wear them for very long. They are bulky and the rubber top hurts my head. Plus they tend to fall off and/or pull my hair if using them in bed.

What a waste and now it is too late to return them I think.

What are the best over the ear, bluetooth capable, noise cancelling headphones? Maybe I can get some good ones for my birthday. I take a train to work daily and also travel via airplane quite often for work. I need a pair that I can really use while traveling and while in bed.

I use these for working out (I run alot, and that's as good a test for comfort/durability as any). https://www.plantronics.com/us/product/backbeat-fit Sound on the Plantronics is fantastic, noise cancelling works really well, and good battery life. Comfortable, and no issues with sweat or falling off/being uncomfortable since they are over the ear.

Went through a pair of Mpow and Adidas by Monster when both proved to not be waterproof for running.  Always buy a service contract if you use BT headphones for working out, one of the few items where you will probably use it and will definitely be glad you bought it as IMO the technology is not perfected, even with more premium brands.

Give me over-the-ear or give me death. I had a pair of SoundPeats that was not over the ear, and fell out constantly. To the point where I was so frustrated after a while I threw them at the ground and broke them (a Me problem of course). Take away from my mistake this advice: don't buy non-over the ear BT headphones to work out - you will regret it mostlikely.

It's a shot in the dark, but does anybody know anything about Sennheiser's Momentum Wireless Headphones?

Anybody ever tried them out or own them?  

Have these for me

Samsung Level U

battery has been great...sound is average but fine for listening to podcasts and things. Earbuds are comfortable 

cant complain for that price

Son just got the Jam Transit Lite headphones.  Seem to work well and have the extra aux cable in case he runs out of battery when we drive on vacations.

I got some powerbeats ones for Christmas. The kind that go over your ear and not the huge kind.

Are these things any good?

Huh. Driving these Sennheisers and they sound good for bluetooth. Certainly no audiophile stuff as I'm using a phone and compressed files, but they do the trick for wireless.  

:shrugs: 

I feel like this is a great deal on a travel set of bluetooth headphones for $20 @ Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Turbine-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00Q2VIW9M/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1484214023&sr=1-2&keywords=bluedio+t2+plus+turbine+wireless+bluetooth+headphones

... it claims to have 40 hours of battery life but I have probably gotten closer to 30 hours of battery life on a charge, which is still pretty good. They are my go-to when I am spending an entire day or two on a plane/train or if I am going off the grid for a weekend. Not only is the battery life pretty great but they also come with a separate cable so if you do happen to run out of battery life you can still use them wired to your device. They also fold up pretty nicely to fit in a bag.

The reviews are only 4-star but I have owned dozens of bluetooth headphones and I feel like the audio quality is good. Not sure if there are many wireless headphones for under $20 that sound better. They also BT 4.1 and hold a connection pretty well, which is not always the case with cheaper bluetooth headphones in my experience.

How comfortable are these?

I have sensitive ears.  I would like to get some on ear bluetooth headphones if I can find a comfortable pair for $100 or less
Still happy with them.  I can wear them for hours without any discomfort.

I've yet to find a decent pair for jogging, they seem to pop out when I run. The wired earbuds works best for now.

I've yet to find a decent pair for jogging, they seem to pop out when I run. The wired earbuds works best for now.
Mpow Cheetahs work great for me when running.  Best fit I've ever had and I've tried at least a dozen over the years.  I can't attest for the sound quality.  I think it's decent but I don't play music too loud so I can hear cars behind me.

Little pricey at $129 but small footprint and over the ear so they won't fall off while running, solid sound and IP57 waterproof. Worth every penny IMO, bought a service contract just in case the IP57 rating is bunk, as I've burned through other brands for workout bluetooth headphones but so far (about a year) very happy here

https://www.plantronics.com/us/product/backbeat-fit

I had a pair of Sony bluetooth, on the ear, noise cancelling that I loved, but the right headphone got cuaght on my bag and snapped. 

The new model is over the ear.  I hate those and i hate earbuds. 

Anything out there that is bluetooth, on the ear, and noise cancelling for under $500 that is good quality????

Wife has been looking for quite some time. Just bought these for her. Reviews seem very good.
I have no complaints. Long battery life. Good sound quality. Comfortable and don't fall out no matter what I'm doing. Doesn't break the bank (in fact current price is lower than what I paid)

I have these.   But I thought it was my old phone, then I thought it was my headphones....

I dont have great luck with these types of bluetooth headphones.  Brand new phone and head phones and when playing music while working outside, the music cuts off hear and there.  Very frustrating.
Do both your phone and wireless headphones use Bluetooth 5.0? If not, that may help keep a better connection. I used to have the same problem with earlier versions of bluetooth and the trouble is you need both devices to have the latest version.

I've been shopping around for travel buds and these will likely be my next purchase.....

https://www.amazon.com/LYPERTEK-Bluetooth-Earphones-Waterproof-Ear/dp/B07VB46R9Y/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=chitecrev-20&linkId=2fc173277e41a9759181f98a1650eece&language=en_US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp095i-wuFU

.... in part because they are BT5.0(will never get BT4.x again), partly because they are IPX7(why NOT get waterproof at this point), but mostly because of the battery life in a small package. With an advertised 70hr of battery life I can go on a 2+ week vacation and don't have to worry about charging them on the trip.

Wow, 70 hours?
Since we are getting closer to the "sales" I just thought that I would note that there is a pair of wireless buds that actually advertises 120hours(with the re-charge case obviously) that may be an even better choice for folks that travel all the time.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H2JNFYZ/ref=emc_b_5_t

... it passes the smell tests in these ways:

- ADVERTISED 120hr total life INCLUDING the re-charge case

- BT 5.0

- IPX7

- PRICE(at the time of posting $46-$10 instant clip coupon = $36)

....... BUT the big caveat here is not only does the product get a sub-4.0 score on Amazon but on Fakespot both the product and the company get a "C". While the 70 hour headphones got a product "C", the company that made them had a "B" and the reviews on Amazon were just better. These 120hr buds also only have an advertised 3hr battery life between charges which may matter depending on how someone planned on using them. If they drop closer to $20 in the next month that's getting to "why the F not?" territory and I may have to give them a try.

BT headphones are getting to the price point now that I just stuff the rarely used ones in every piece of luggage I own so I will ALWAYS have a backup even if I forget to pack what I generally prefer to use. I already do that with cables(after being forced to purchase a USB re-charger at an international airport for close to $20 several years ago). All this stuff that weighs next to nothing and would cost 1000% markup in an airport is just worth having extra imo.

Looking for a good pair for running.

True wireless.  I don't want the wire (and more importantly the volume "box" bouncing as I run)...and I don't want the hooks around the ear that will be uncomfortable wearing a hat and sunglasses.

Airpods are ok...but not sweat and water resistant like some others are.

Looking for good battery life 4-5 hours per charge.  And something that is comfortable and stays in the ear.

Looking for a good pair for running.

True wireless.  I don't want the wire (and more importantly the volume "box" bouncing as I run)...and I don't want the hooks around the ear that will be uncomfortable wearing a hat and sunglasses.

Airpods are ok...but not sweat and water resistant like some others are.

Looking for good battery life 4-5 hours per charge.  And something that is comfortable and stays in the ear.
Bose Soundsport Free

Thanks...looked at those style and the Jabra Elite Active XTs
I've never had a problem with them. Also have Beats that are over ear and connected but wireless. I see they have non connected ones now too but you said no over ear. For me, running, I need over ear but those Bose fit pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread