What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WWE Stock. (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
I think investing in WWE stock is a smart move. Over time they will generate interest for the WWE network, they spam it all over their broadcasts. The Summerslam card looks great and the WWE Network is about to go International.

It was trading at $30.00 a share before collapsing to under $11.00 a share.

My argument is that the stock price rose because of the potential of the WWE Network. Everyone jumped off board when the numbers weren't that great for the WWE Network initially but the Network has longterm potential. The potential is still the same as when the stock was trading at $30 a share.

It's back up to $13.42 and I think there's potentially both short-term and long-term with this stock.

I figure if I divest my bonds in Pro wrestling illustrated, I might have the leverage to do it.

Of course, Hot Stuff International handles all my investments.

WWE is reaching an all-time low, so I guess is stands to reason that the stock will have nowhere to go but up in the future, but the product they are putting out now is so awful, and the losses of Punk and Bryan were both crippling.

Em trying to drum up the undervalued stock of WWE to prop up short term gains. Where did the HEMP thread go?

At least you guys can get in contact with your financials advisors. I'm trying to get some direction here and am unable to contact mine.

Never hire an advisor who hails from parts unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Em, do you conduct any sort of tangible fundamental analysis before you invest? Please be sure you understand the concept of fundamental analysis before responding.

I love that Em's investment philosophy begins and ends with "this stock was high once, and now it's low, so obviously it will be high again".

Glad to see you are back in the stock game Em. Have you bought WWE stock? You would be able to seel your investment plan better if you put your money where your mouth is,

I have not been on the board much lately. Em, please update your financial situation. Thank you.

Which one of you just bought the large buy order in?

Someone just grabbed $1.5MM worth of this stuff. Em, always buy before you put the tip out.

Glad to see you are back in the stock game Em. Have you bought WWE stock? You would be able to seel your investment plan better if you put your money where your mouth is,

I have not been on the board much lately. Em, please update your financial situation. Thank you.
I was in at $11.96 but had to sell my shares in order to buy school books. :(

As far as my financial situation goes, I am roughly $13,000 - $14,000 in debt (mainly from school loans). My biggest expense is school. I owe my college $3,600 on September 23rd. But I will be done with school in March and will hopefully catch a promotion.

Walgreens stock has been lucrative for me this year. I invest 25% of my paycheck and recieve a 10% discount. I won't have much room to make any legitimate money investing until I stop going to school / get promoted.

I'm convinced this stock is going to rebound quite nicely.

Lets say your entire portfolio is made up of $2,000 dollars, and you invested 100% of it (which is always recommended in these situations), and then sold at $13.50, you made $257, less commission fees. Sorry you couldn't stick around for the fun ride, are you saving to reinvest in this one?

:thumbup:

Lets say your entire portfolio is made up of $2,000 dollars, and you invested 100% of it (which is always recommended in these situations), and then sold at $13.50, you made $257, less commission fees. Sorry you couldn't stick around for the fun ride, are you saving to reinvest in this one?

:thumbup:
I had $400 invested initially.

That would have been a nice quick $257 but I think I'd be content to hold. My selling price is at around $16.00 - 17.00 a share for this one. I'll probably look for a few different winning stocks once I get a little bit more money to play around with.

Longterm, I personally like Facebook at $73.18. I would be content pushing piles of money into that company and seeing how much the value has become in 10 years. I think it's a gamble that could pay off exponentially. It's my personal choice blue chip stock, it's so obvious.

EDIT:

I had $582 invested initially.

In all honesty there is going to be a loss of 10-20 percent of network subscribers forthcoming. Domestic subs were supposed to top one million by the end of the third quarter and of they are at 600k in September that will be a miracle once the wrestlemania churn washes out. And smart move vince killing the streak one of the main mania hooks.

Their model is now driven in network revenue. And they grossly underestimated it which led to a spike in stock value. The market is corrected and it won't see 20 for a long time never mind 30.

The best way to make money with wresting is to be ringside when Andre the giant throws hundred dollar bills from bobby heenans gym bag in the crowd

In all honesty there is going to be a loss of 10-20 percent of network subscribers forthcoming. Domestic subs were supposed to top one million by the end of the third quarter and of they are at 600k in September that will be a miracle once the wrestlemania churn washes out. And smart move vince killing the streak one of the main mania hooks.

Their model is now driven in network revenue. And they grossly underestimated it which led to a spike in stock value. The market is corrected and it won't see 20 for a long time never mind 30.

The best way to make money with wresting is to be ringside when Andre the giant throws hundred dollar bills from bobby heenans gym bag in the crowd
Go ahead and short it, old sport. Report back. ;)

Eminence said:
As far as my financial situation goes, I am roughly $13,000 - $14,000 in debt (mainly from school loans). My biggest expense is school. I owe my college $3,600 on September 23rd. But I will be done with school in March and will hopefully catch a promotion.

Walgreens stock has been lucrative for me this year. I invest 25% of my paycheck and recieve a 10% discount. I won't have much room to make any legitimate money investing until I stop going to school / get promoted.

Didn't you sell a majority of your WAG to buy WWE?

Why don't you tell me within a dollar where the stock will be on October 4

Why don't you tell me within a dollar where the stock will be on October 4
$16.35

Eminence said:

Yup and WWE is up nearly $2.00 a share since then.

Eminence said:

But you sold yours to buy school books. What was it up then, .50?

Eminence said:

I think it was down $.20.

Eminence said:

I think it was down $.20.
Sorry to hear it bro. Better luck next time.

See EM...this is how you do some actual analysis which you still have not done. Give us your reasoning behind why this is a good stock to own.

It went up $0.55 today. Wait until Summerslam hits (it's 2 weeks away), it's the 2nd biggest PPV of the year. The WWE is selling the WWE Network in 100+ Countries. Follow the money. It's not even being sold in the UK yet. Buy now and thank your old buddy Em later.

$$$.

I mean, as dumb as Americans are, it would seem like a solid investment. I'd like to know how they do with blacks and Latinos and what they're doing to attract those demos though. If we're taking the long view.

Come to think of it, I'll bet MMA/UFC has taken a huge chunk if their market share. What is WWE doing about that?

And is it still just roided up idiots fake fighting, and yelling at the camera in between? How does that compare with something like UFC that is genuine violence? If I'm the typical early 20's dip#### at home in my Tapout shirt drinking Mountain Dew, there doesn't seem to be much competition there. Just saying. Maybe the stock plunge reflects the true value of their product in 2014.

Premier said:
I love that Em's investment philosophy begins and ends with "this stock was high once, and now it's low, so obviously it will be high again".
This is simply the market correcting itself. If the numbers are available I do know a good deal of accounting equations to tell me details about the finances of that company. Debt to Equity ratio being your go-to-guy here. Might glance at cashflows.

But when something like WWE pops up, it's a no brainer. So a few months ago it was worth $30.00 and then it drops to $11.00 a share? You want me to believe that the stock is worth 2/3 less than before, why? I refuse to believe that because fundamentally nothing has changed. The reason why I think this is such a great buy is because we saw this thing rocket up to $30.00 a share previously.

People have confidence in this stock. I think it will be awhile before we see if the WWE Network is a success of a failure.

I mean, as dumb as Americans are, it would seem like a solid investment. I'd like to know how they do with blacks and Latinos and what they're doing to attract those demos though. If we're taking the long view.

Come to think of it, I'll bet MMA/UFC has taken a huge chunk if their market share. What is WWE doing about that?

And is it still just roided up idiots fake fighting, and yelling at the camera in between? How does that compare with something like UFC that is genuine violence? If I'm the typical early 20's dip#### at home in my Tapout shirt drinking Mountain Dew, there doesn't seem to be much competition there. Just saying. Maybe the stock plunge reflects the true value of their product in 2014.
Not to mention if we do one day decide to stop putting up with the South, this sort of lowbrow entertainment will take a huge hit.

Honestly, the show is PG-13. It's more of a product for the family than anything nowadays. It's a three hour show that is geared towards the younger audience older on while getting more brutal towards the end. I went to a show earlier this year (Payback) and there were plenty of minorities there.

Also, back when the stock price was up to $26.00 a share of so, Stephanie McMahon (Vince's daughter) sold a large portion of her shares. So there are people directly linked to the company that are quite financially secure to keep things a float if things were to ever get rough for whatever reason.

Imagine if she's reinvested (I'm sure she has).

Premier said:
This is simply the market correcting itself. If the numbers are available I do know a good deal of accounting equations to tell me details about the finances of that company. Debt to Equity ratio being your go-to-guy here. Might glance at cashflows.

But when something like WWE pops up, it's a no brainer. So a few months ago it was worth $30.00 and then it drops to $11.00 a share? You want me to believe that the stock is worth 2/3 less than before, why? I refuse to believe that because fundamentally nothing has changed. The reason why I think this is such a great buy is because we saw this thing rocket up to $30.00 a share previously.

People have confidence in this stock. I think it will be awhile before we see if the WWE Network is a success of a failure.
Wow you are an idiot. I will bet you a hundred real dollars you can't do a "cash flow" analysis of this company even with the help of the internet. Honestly, i don't think that i have ever seen anyone as clueless as you when it comes to investing. I have taught 7th grade classes that picked investing concepts up better than you have since you started posting here. Good luck!

Also, back when the stock price was up to $26.00 a share of so, Stephanie McMahon (Vince's daughter) sold a large portion of her shares. So there are people directly linked to the company that are quite financially secure to keep things a float if things were to ever get rough for whatever reason.

Imagine if she's reinvested (I'm sure she has).
I am 100% sure all this guy does is :fishing: I guess he is bucking for the top nomination on n:e:xt year.

Premier said:

Wow you are an idiot. I will bet you a hundred real dollars you can't do a "cash flow" analysis of this company even with the help of the internet. Honestly, i don't think that i have ever seen anyone as clueless as you when it comes to investing. I have tought 7th grade classes that picked investing concepts up better than you have since you started posting here. Good luck!
Can you at least make your stance clear on WWE stock? Do you think it's a buy or short situation? Educate me so we can clearly see you have a firm grasp of the situation. We can show everyone how much of an idiot I really am I guess.

Go ahead and explain why I am incorrect about this pick.

Users who are viewing this thread