What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tony Stewart killed Driver Kevin Ward in an on track incident (1 Viewer)

Smack Tripper

Footballguy
Weord reports... Twitter is blowng up though.

Formerly known as "Tony Stewart may have killed another driver tonight" until 8-13-14

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Farish ‏@danielfarish

Buddy of mine in PA knows photogs and media people in NY, all confirming Kevin Ward has passed away. Tony Stewart lit the tires and hit him

Unclear on whether it was intentional or not:

@peytonshead

Sounding like Tony Stewart turned the wheel and hit the gas to avoid Kevin Ward Jr...rear end slid on the dirt and hit him.

9:35pm - 9 Aug 14

Don't follow Nascar but of course I've heard the name Tony Stewart before. Is he ####### crazy or what? Is this something that has happened in the past?

Wish I had a dollar for every moron on Twitter who is writing "Roger Goodell just gave Tony Stewart a 2-race suspension."

Hilarious!

@zeven13: More reports- sheriff cars were surrounding Smoke's trailer. Crime scene tape in place at accident. Life flight for Kevin Ward cancelled.

Wish I had a dollar for every moron on Twitter who is writing "Roger Goodell just gave Tony Stewart a 2-race suspension."

Hilarious!
What did Bart hubbach write? I see him apologizing already
Missed it.

Deadspin's update:

Update (1:06 a.m.): More from Pockrass:

Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything that happened.

"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. … He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

Road rage. I'm sure Stewart will spin it, but if what they are saying is true that has to be vehicular homicide wouldn't you think?

There has to be a logical explanation. Nobody throws their life in the toilet over road rage, do they? This is right there in the stupidity category as Aaron Hernandez. I won't believe till its confirmed.

There has to be a logical explanation. Nobody throws their life in the toilet over road rage, do they? This is right there in the stupidity category as Aaron Hernandez. I won't believe till its confirmed.
He is a known hothead, part of his appeal to his fans. I don't think he intended to kill him but I absolutely think he tried to do a fly by or clip the guy. Hernandez is a completely different story.

This guy is done. He had a life anyone would envy. It's all over, just like that.
In some pissant dirt track race...

he can't possibly start tomorrow can he? I don't know much racing but I remember him being good at the Glen.

Actually, forget that... can NASCAR even race tomorrow?

This is unprecedented in any sport that I can think of...others have died in competition, but the perception of intent has never been...

ESPN Motorsports just tweeted:

If we don't know what happened, there's nothing we can report. That's where this story is.

Previously tweeted:

When we know what happened, according to authorities, involving @TonyStewart at a short track in NY, we will report it.

:D You're making me laugh even though there's nothing at all funny about this.

ESPN Motorsports just tweeted:

If we don't know what happened, there's nothing we can report. That's where this story is.

Previously tweeted:

When we know what happened, according to authorities, involving @TonyStewart at a short track in NY, we will report it.
That's good journalism. Good for them.

Are people really insinuating that a well known race car driver intentionally ran over a competitor? That seems incredible. Is Stewart a known sociopath?

ESPN covering now.

Brief statement - very vague. Hearing on other sites that Stewart is in custody in Ontario, NY.

Last edited:
This was in I think the twitter comments (or it could be an update, take it for what its worth) apologies for the caps lock, its how it was posted

SMOKETimothy Burke

Today 12:34am
WAS AT SPEEDWAY AND RIGHT NEAR TONY STEWARTS RACE HAULER.AFTER HE CAME IN HE HAD THE CREW CHAGE HIS RIGHT REAR TIRE .THEY ENDED UP PUTTING A LEFT ONE ON. COPS WERE TOLD ABOUT IT SO HOPEFULLY THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. HE ALSO HAD A GO PRO CAMERA ON HIS CAR HOPEFULLY THEY CONFISCATE THAT ALSO BEFORE THAT GETS DESTROYED. HEARD THE YOUNG DRIVER DIDN'T MAKE IT AND I HOPE IT'S NOT TRUE BUT THEY WOULDN'T BRING TONY OUT UNTIL ALL OTHER HAULERS WERE GONE .ALOT OF POLICE AROUND HIS HAULER ALONG WITH HIS PERSONEL SECURITY. HOPE IF THIS IS ALL TRUE WHAT HAPPENED ON THE TRACK THAT HE DOESN'T GET AWAY WITH IT. HE FINALLY LET HIS TEMPER GET THE BEST OF HIM........

NBA took the Clippers away from Sterling for using inappropriate language. Will NASCAR strip Tony Stewart of his team for killing a 17 yo. Will it now only be called Haas racing. Wonder if all his sponsors will be on his car tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread