What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looting in Missouri after cops shoot 18 year old (1 Viewer)

I really dislike Al Sharpton. To me, he is somebody who takes advantage of anger and hatred in order to promote himself. Outside of really awful murderers, rapists, molesters and other criminals, I can't think of a type lower or someone more dangerous to society. The fact that, in many specific cases, I happen to agree with the "side" that he's on makes no difference whatsoever. Because it doesn't matter what side he's on; his presence creates bad feelings.

Some people here accuse me of being an MSNBC fan, and I used to be, but in truth I stopped watching MSNBC when they started featuring Sharpton on a regular basis.
What you described is pretty much most politicians, tv hosts, entertainers, business people etc...he is no different than anyone else looking for prestige and the almighty $$$. I don't like him either but I don't single him out...I just don't like people like that and unfortunately it's a good portion of our society.
Strongly disagree. Sharpton is far far worse than most politicians, tv hosts, entertainers, etc. There are always people looking to promote themselves. And there are always people eager to take advantage of divisiviness within our society.

Sharpton is both of these things, but what makes him dangerous (and disgusting, IMO) is that he seeks to increase that divisinessness and make it worse.
Are you kidding me? Every fox news talking head? Quite frankly almost every talking head every where? Politicians etc??? Other religious leaders...everywhere? Get your head of out the sand...taking advantage of people's angers and fears is how society runs unfortunately

So? Is your point that you think that Sharpton should involve himself in every single police shooting in the nation of someone unarmed, no matter what the race? Otherwise he is being inconsistent and should stay silent?

I have never understood the logic that unless one speaks out on every perceived injustice, then they don't have a right speak out at all on something directly impacting their minority community.
How is he part of the community? Just because he is black? Who is stereotyping now?

Using your logic, I have a special kinship with any white person on the face of the planet....can't wait to cross over into Canada and start my new life as a resident of Vancouver because I am part of their community.
Not sure Vancouver is your best example of a white persons enclave.
The majority of people in Vancouver are not white? I know it is a pretty cosmopolitan city, I think I'll have to check on that.
Just checked it. The majority of people in that city are indeed white. Since I am white I am in!
I don't know what you checked but the majority of the people in that City are not white

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Vancouver

As someone that lived there a long time it's even more prevalent on the ground.
Your link shows 47% white, 29.4% Chinese and no other population group above 6%.
Yes, thus whites are in the minority when compared with non-whites.

So? Is your point that you think that Sharpton should involve himself in every single police shooting in the nation of someone unarmed, no matter what the race? Otherwise he is being inconsistent and should stay silent?

I have never understood the logic that unless one speaks out on every perceived injustice, then they don't have a right speak out at all on something directly impacting their minority community.
How is he part of the community? Just because he is black? Who is stereotyping now?

Using your logic, I have a special kinship with any white person on the face of the planet....can't wait to cross over into Canada and start my new life as a resident of Vancouver because I am part of their community.
The majority of people in Vancouver are not white? I know it is a pretty cosmopolitan city, I think I'll have to check on that.
Just checked it. The majority of people in that city are indeed white. Since I am white I am in!
I don't know what you checked but the majority of the people in that City are not white

Your link shows 47% white, 29.4% Chinese and no other population group above 6%.
That would make the majority not white.

The above paragraph makes no sense, but carry on.
How so?
You made a straw man argument followed by a really poor analogy.
Why is the analogy poor? You are claiming that all blacks have a special right to speak out and protest when something bad happens to one of them anywhere in any community in the country. Are they really all 'brothers'? What makes them that? Their skin color? Do they all come from the same country? Or even the same continent? Is a black guy from Somalia the same as one from Uganda? What about a Haitian black dude, does he share a special bond with a black descended from Nigeria? My analogy is exactly the same as yours. I am going to move to a new country with all of my white brothers. After all, we are all the same, right? We are all white, just like Al Sharpton can come in and speak for all of the blacks, because they are all the same right. That is what I am hearing from you.
I think if you want to do the correct analogy you have to move to a country where whites are in the significant minority and up to 30years ago 50 years ago have very little rights and were treated sub-human. Then I think you are looking at the same type of situation. Nobody claims they are all the "same" (whatever that means) but it shouldn't be surprising when a proportion of the population reacts angrily when they feel that they are treated in a harmful way.
30 years ago is the 1980s. Blacks were treated as sub-humans in the 1980s. I must have missed that, because I grew up in a neighborhood on the northwest side of Milwaukee and I am pretty sure we didn't have any lynchings or what not.

Whatever it was, there is still no excuse for looting and they are only going to hurt themselves. Also, over the course of human history many cultures have been considered sub-human and have been used as slaves, it does not give carte-blanche to do whatever you want.
Well I am pretty sure they will be arrested and prosecuted so nobody has given anyone carte blanche to do what they want. What I said is it is very expected with a marginalized population to react with anger in situations like this and to use that anger to lash out...I am not justifying it, just saying this how brain chemistry works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike Al Sharpton. To me, he is somebody who takes advantage of anger and hatred in order to promote himself. Outside of really awful murderers, rapists, molesters and other criminals, I can't think of a type lower or someone more dangerous to society. The fact that, in many specific cases, I happen to agree with the "side" that he's on makes no difference whatsoever. Because it doesn't matter what side he's on; his presence creates bad feelings.

Some people here accuse me of being an MSNBC fan, and I used to be, but in truth I stopped watching MSNBC when they started featuring Sharpton on a regular basis.
What you described is pretty much most politicians, tv hosts, entertainers, business people etc...he is no different than anyone else looking for prestige and the almighty $$$. I don't like him either but I don't single him out...I just don't like people like that and unfortunately it's a good portion of our society.
Except for the dead Jews in Crown Heights and Freddy's Fashion Mart after Al fired up angry crowds with anti-Semitic rhetoric. Other than the dead people, though, you may have a point.

35% British Isle origins is not white? 6% French? 13% Western European? 11% Eastern European? 15% Other North American (Canada and America)?

That is 80% of the population, and while I realize that all of those subsets are not white. most of them are. I am sure when you lived there, you might of lived in an area where there were there were many blacks or Asians, but something has to make up the majority and Wikipedia pretty clearly states that it is white.

Maybe we are arguing different points here...I am going off of pure skin color because that is what liberals like to simplify the issue to.
Scroll down a little farther - 47% white, 51% visible minority
Duh...guess what dude 47% white is still the majority of people. You can't lump the blacks in with the Asians and the Hispanics and so forth. I know you liberals like to gang up on whitey, but to say they are not the majority just because all of the minorities added up are more is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

So what you are saying is true, if Vancouver has a race war to the death, all of the blacks will team together with the Japs and the Koreans and the Latinos, right?

That would never happen. Whites are the majority any way you look at it, except your way, which only makes sense to the liberal mind who likes to pit all minorities together against the terror of white oppression. Believe me, I am well versed in the type of b.s you are peddling here. Whites are the majority in Vancouver, end of story.

The above paragraph makes no sense, but carry on.
How so?
You made a straw man argument followed by a really poor analogy.
Why is the analogy poor? You are claiming that all blacks have a special right to speak out and protest when something bad happens to one of them anywhere in any community in the country. Are they really all 'brothers'? What makes them that? Their skin color? Do they all come from the same country? Or even the same continent? Is a black guy from Somalia the same as one from Uganda? What about a Haitian black dude, does he share a special bond with a black descended from Nigeria? My analogy is exactly the same as yours. I am going to move to a new country with all of my white brothers. After all, we are all the same, right? We are all white, just like Al Sharpton can come in and speak for all of the blacks, because they are all the same right. That is what I am hearing from you.
I think if you want to do the correct analogy you have to move to a country where whites are in the significant minority and up to 30years ago 50 years ago have very little rights and were treated sub-human. Then I think you are looking at the same type of situation. Nobody claims they are all the "same" (whatever that means) but it shouldn't be surprising when a proportion of the population reacts angrily when they feel that they are treated in a harmful way.
30 years ago is the 1980s. Blacks were treated as sub-humans in the 1980s. I must have missed that, because I grew up in a neighborhood on the northwest side of Milwaukee and I am pretty sure we didn't have any lynchings or what not.

Whatever it was, there is still no excuse for looting and they are only going to hurt themselves. Also, over the course of human history many cultures have been considered sub-human and have been used as slaves, it does not give carte-blanche to do whatever you want.
Well I am pretty sure they will be arrested and prosecuted so nobody has given anyone carte blanche to do what they want. What I said is it is very expected with a marginalized population to react with anger in situations like this and to use that anger to lash out...I am not justifying it, just saying this how brain chemistry works.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Arrested and prosecuted? Yeah...we both know that is not going to happen.

Except for the dead Jews in Crown Heights and Freddy's Fashion Mart after Al fired up angry crowds with anti-Semitic rhetoric. Other than the dead people, though, you may have a point.
Extremists will be extremists...you can make those arguments across the board from the NRA firing up guys that shoot kids in movie theatres in 'self defense' to the limbaugh's firing up home grown terrorists....I won't make that direct connection but seeing that you are trying too I am just saying it could be made everywhere.

If the Chinese are 29% of the people, it looks like they might one day take over the whites. For example, If next year it is 37% Chinese and 32% white, the Chinamen will take the crown. For now it is all white lightning in Vancouver.

35% British Isle origins is not white? 6% French? 13% Western European? 11% Eastern European? 15% Other North American (Canada and America)?

That is 80% of the population, and while I realize that all of those subsets are not white. most of them are. I am sure when you lived there, you might of lived in an area where there were there were many blacks or Asians, but something has to make up the majority and Wikipedia pretty clearly states that it is white.

Maybe we are arguing different points here...I am going off of pure skin color because that is what liberals like to simplify the issue to.
Duh...guess what dude 47% white is still the majority of people. You can't lump the blacks in with the Asians and the Hispanics and so forth. I know you liberals like to gang up on whitey, but to say they are not the majority just because all of the minorities added up are more is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

So what you are saying is true, if Vancouver has a race war to the death, all of the blacks will team together with the Japs and the Koreans and the Latinos, right?

That would never happen. Whites are the majority any way you look at it, except your way, which only makes sense to the liberal mind who likes to pit all minorities together against the terror of white oppression. Believe me, I am well versed in the type of b.s you are peddling here. Whites are the majority in Vancouver, end of story.
I apologize I thought I was dealing with an adult in an adult discussion...not a 13 old sitting on his mom's computer

I didn't realize you were doing math from a race war perspective...my mistake

Extremists will be extremists...you can make those arguments across the board from the NRA firing up guys that shoot kids in movie theatres in 'self defense' to the limbaugh's firing up home grown terrorists....I won't make that direct connection but seeing that you are trying too I am just saying it could be made everywhere.
Oh geez....you have now taken the nut train to Nuttyville. The NRA inspired that dude to kill the guy in the movie theater? Who inspired the black looters? Jay Z and Snoop Dog?

Rush Limbaugh is firing up all the 'home grown terrorists'? What the f are you even talking about? Have there been terror attacks in our country lately? Even if you point to crap like Sandy Hook or the Batman thing, do you expect us to believe that those guys were listening to Rush in their spare time? Oh man...you are really out of your depth here.

Swim up and get some air, or at least smell the smellin' salts.

Oh geez....you have now taken the nut train to Nuttyville. The NRA inspired that dude to kill the guy in the movie theater? Who inspired the black looters? Jay Z and Snoop Dog?

Rush Limbaugh is firing up all the 'home grown terrorists'? What the f are you even talking about? Have there been terror attacks in our country lately? Even if you point to crap like Sandy Hook or the Batman thing, do you expect us to believe that those guys were listening to Rush in their spare time? Oh man...you are really out of your depth here.

Your reading comprehension skills are poor (which supports the argument that you are 13 years old).

I said I am not making that connection, but the poster above was saying that Sharpton's rhetoric has directly caused the death of other individuals. My comment was that his rhetoric doesn't differ from a lot of other groups so if you are making that case, you then have to make the case across the spectrum.

Again, in very small words, I am not making that case but just responding to the post above

I apologize I thought I was dealing with an adult in an adult discussion...not a 13 old sitting on his mom's computer

I didn't realize you were doing math from a race war perspective...my mistake
Typical liberal....resort to the tried and true '13 year old on mommy's computer' to get one last jibe in. I am sure you are having a hard time understanding this so here it is, I have been engaging in a little hyperbole at your expense because it doesn't seem as if you have the inclination to argue facts as they are. Your way of calculating minority vs. majority does not make sense. I was pointing that out. In any community, somebody is the majority. Sure, since Vancouver is a diverse community that 'majority' is only 49%. But that 49% represents the most people of one kind, so that is the majority. Its pretty simple actually.

Hey Tim, please tell us more about you.

TIA.

Typical liberal....resort to the tried and true '13 year old on mommy's computer' to get one last jibe in. I am sure you are having a hard time understanding this so here it is, I have been engaging in a little hyperbole at your expense because it doesn't seem as if you have the inclination to argue facts as they are. Your way of calculating minority vs. majority does not make sense. I was pointing that out. In any community, somebody is the majority. Sure, since Vancouver is a diverse community that 'majority' is only 49%. But that 49% represents the most people of one kind, so that is the majority. Its pretty simple actually.
well it's 47% but I digress

Honestly you are clearly upset that life didn't turn out the way you wished and you apparently have an issue with liberals so in the interest of this discussion and any future discussions having anything close to sanity you are happily going on ignore...

OK, so I can tell that you're not familiar with Al's actions in relation to Crown Heights or Freddy's Fashion Mart. You can't, as you suggest, make the same connections everywhere or with the NRA firing up guys that shoot kids in movie theatres. That's a much more strained connection, and the NRA is far more removed from theatre shootings than Sharpton was to the CH violence or the FFM killings. Al was present at and spearheading protests which led to those melees. To the best of my knowledge there never has been an NRA official at the scene of a mass shooting taking actions or saying things that likely contribute to the shooter becoming violent at that time.

Here (Wikipedia):

- On the third day of the disturbances, Al Sharpton and Sonny Carson led a march that of protesters.The marchers proceeded through Crown Heights, carrying antisemitic signs and an Israeli flag was burned.Rioters threw bricks and bottles at police; shots were fired at police and police cars were pelted and overturned, including the Police Commissioner’s car.Riots escalated to the extent that a detachment of 200 police officers was overwhelmed and had to retreat for their safety. On August 22, over 1,800 police officers, including mounted and motorcycle units, had been dispatched to stop the attacks on people and property. By the time the three days of rioting ended, 152 police officers and 38 civilians were injured, 27 vehicles were destroyed, seven stores were looted or burned,and 225 cases of robbery and burglary were committed.

- In 1995 a black Pentecostal Church, the United House of Prayer, which owned a retail property on 125th Street, asked Fred Harari, a Jewish tenant who operated Freddie's Fashion Mart, to evict his longtime subtenant, a black-owned record store called The Record Shack. Sharpton led a protest in Harlem against the planned eviction of The Record Shack.Sharpton told the protesters, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business." On December 8, 1995 Roland J. Smith Jr., one of the protesters, entered Harari's store with a gun and flammable liquid, shot several customers and set the store on fire. The gunman fatally shot himself, and seven store employees died of smoke inhalation.Fire Department officials discovered that the store's sprinkler had been shut down, in violation of the local fire code.Sharpton claimed that the perpetrator was an open critic of himself and his nonviolent tactics. Sharpton later expressed regret for making the racial remark, "white interloper," and denied responsibility for inflaming or provoking the violence.

Your reading comprehension skills are poor (which supports the argument that you are 13 years old).

I said I am not making that connection, but the poster above was saying that Sharpton's rhetoric has directly caused the death of other individuals. My comment was that his rhetoric doesn't differ from a lot of other groups so if you are making that case, you then have to make the case across the spectrum.

Again, in very small words, I am not making that case but just responding to the post above
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude...keep em comin'!!!!

'Your reading comprehension skills are poor'.....another tried and true liberal insult! What is next? Tell me master; what comprehension assessment are you using to determine my low level of competence? Is it the UKCA? (Universal Killface Comprehension Audit) I will admit that is a pretty good barometer of reading failure, so maybe you are right. I've really wasted enough time screwing around here so I will leave my arguments as they are. I will slink away having been outed as a 13 year old in mom's basement who does not even know how to read!!!! You got me.....checkmate! :bye:

OK, so I can tell that you're not familiar with Al's actions in relation to Crown Heights or Freddy's Fashion Mart. You can't, as you suggest, make the same connections everywhere or with the NRA firing up guys that shoot kids in movie theatres. That's a much more strained connection, and the NRA is far more removed from theatre shootings than Sharpton was to the CH violence or the FFM killings. Al was present at and spearheading protests which led to those melees. To the best of my knowledge there never has been an NRA official at the scene of a mass shooting taking actions or saying things that likely contribute to the shooter becoming violent at that time.

Here (Wikipedia):

- On the third day of the disturbances, Al Sharpton and Sonny Carson led a march that of protesters.The marchers proceeded through Crown Heights, carrying antisemitic signs and an Israeli flag was burned.Rioters threw bricks and bottles at police; shots were fired at police and police cars were pelted and overturned, including the Police Commissioner’s car.Riots escalated to the extent that a detachment of 200 police officers was overwhelmed and had to retreat for their safety. On August 22, over 1,800 police officers, including mounted and motorcycle units, had been dispatched to stop the attacks on people and property. By the time the three days of rioting ended, 152 police officers and 38 civilians were injured, 27 vehicles were destroyed, seven stores were looted or burned,and 225 cases of robbery and burglary were committed.

- In 1995 a black Pentecostal Church, the United House of Prayer, which owned a retail property on 125th Street, asked Fred Harari, a Jewish tenant who operated Freddie's Fashion Mart, to evict his longtime subtenant, a black-owned record store called The Record Shack. Sharpton led a protest in Harlem against the planned eviction of The Record Shack.Sharpton told the protesters, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business." On December 8, 1995 Roland J. Smith Jr., one of the protesters, entered Harari's store with a gun and flammable liquid, shot several customers and set the store on fire. The gunman fatally shot himself, and seven store employees died of smoke inhalation.Fire Department officials discovered that the store's sprinkler had been shut down, in violation of the local fire code.Sharpton claimed that the perpetrator was an open critic of himself and his nonviolent tactics. Sharpton later expressed regret for making the racial remark, "white interloper," and denied responsibility for inflaming or provoking the violence.
This discussion is way off track but I don't read anything in there that says he told anyone to murder anyone else? He may have been there and maybe his link is a little less tenuous than the other's I posted but unless someone is telling someone to kill someone else I find it hard to digest accusing them of the same heinous crimes.

I look at it and think personally yes, he's a dink and should be punished. But on the flipside I don't see a very strong connection...at least in what you are posting

well it's 47% but I digress

Honestly you are clearly upset that life didn't turn out the way you wished and you apparently have an issue with liberals so in the interest of this discussion and any future discussions having anything close to sanity you are happily going on ignore...
Dude, believe me, I have nothing to complain about so i don't know where that comes from. Plus I live and breathe liberals everyday, that is how i know what their typical go to arguments are. Also, I understand when I say 'liberal', it sounds as if it comes from a derisive context, however, i do find that there are many ideas borne of the liberal mind that are fruitful and worthwhile to ponder. What makes me sick are the underhanded tactics and the constant and blatant disregard for anything factual.

It would probably be less confusing if you'd go ahead and use the term "plurality."

I really dislike Al Sharpton.
Well, according to the "world", you are now racist, congratulations....

I haven't read all this garbage but have the liberals justified the looting yet?
SCREW the shooting unarmed people in the head thing. Lets talk about the stealing! Or more importantly what a ##### Al Sharpton is. Or anything other than the shooting unarmed people in the head. THEY STOLE TEEVEES FOR GODS SAKE!

I haven't read all this garbage but have the liberals justified the looting yet?
SCREW the shooting unarmed people in the head thing. Lets talk about the stealing! Or more importantly what a ##### Al Sharpton is. Or anything other than the shooting unarmed people in the head. THEY STOLE TEEVEES FOR GODS SAKE!
way to not disappoint..... :lmao:

We don't know whether the shooting was justified or unjustified, and we have no way of knowing at this point, so there's not much to discuss there.

On the other hand, most of us are really sure that the rioting and looting part was definitely unjustified. If you disagree, feel free to explain why.

Well, according to the "world", you are now racist, congratulations.... I haven't read all this garbage but have the liberals justified the looting yet?
Give me a ####### break. I used to live in this area and have friends that still do. I've heard 3 different stories of what happened to lead to the shooting. Nobody is exactly sure what happened right now. I'm sure if a huge mob was going through your neighborhood burning #### down robbing and attacking people, you wouldn't see this as any big deal.

Through only July of this year, there have been 71 homicides in St. Louis. Just throwing that out there. I have no idea of the specifics of any of them, but how come I haven't heard about a single one of them at all, but this one I hear about?

The shooting itself may have been justified or unjustified. Right now we don't have enough information to judge (and it may always be murky.)

But just as important a question to me is why do these incidents cause so many people to get angry enough to the point where many will protest, and some will riot and loot? I have stated several times in this forum that institutionalized racism is a very real thing, and that as a general rule police treat African-Americans differently and without as much dignity and respect as they do almost anyone else in our society. Every time I repeat this I have been attacked and ridiculed for it, mostly by conservatives.

But if you don't want to believe me, listen to these people. They would not be protesting over a murky incident like this if they didn't know from their own experiences that the police ARE abusive and do treat them differently. Does that justify rioting and looting? Of course not. But at least try to understand their anger- it's not baseless.

Ferguson IS one of the worst areas of the St Louis area. There are worse, but it's in the bottom 20% for sure.

The shooting itself may have been justified or unjustified. Right now we don't have enough information to judge (and it may always be murky.)

But just as important a question to me is why do these incidents cause so many people to get angry enough to the point where many will protest, and some will riot and loot? I have stated several times in this forum that institutionalized racism is a very real thing, and that as a general rule police treat African-Americans differently and without as much dignity and respect as they do almost anyone else in our society. Every time I repeat this I have been attacked and ridiculed for it, mostly by conservatives.

But if you don't want to believe me, listen to these people. They would not be protesting over a murky incident like this if they didn't know from their own experiences that the police ARE abusive and do treat them differently. Does that justify rioting and looting? Of course not. But at least try to understand their anger- it's not baseless.
I bet you had people looting with a big smile on their face and had no idea why, they were just following the herd trying to get that free Obama phone.....

I don't doubt there are racists who are cops. Or that there has been a long history of whole departments being largely racist, which did act in ways which was institutionalized racism. I just don't believe in today's world of hyper-sensitivity towards racism that institutionalized racism exists anywhere except very small pockets. Any policy which even hints of racism is weeded out.

They would not be protesting over a murky incident like this if they didn't know from their own experiences that the police ARE abusive and do treat them differently. Does that justify rioting and looting? Of course not. But at least try to understand their anger- it's not baseless.
One could just as easily say that police would not be treating lower class African-Americans differently if they didn't know from their own experiences that particular group tends to act more disrespectful and violent toward them. Does that justify police brutality? Of course not. But at least try to understand their frustration - it's not baseless.

I don't doubt there are racists who are cops. Or that there has been a long history of whole departments being largely racist, which did act in ways which was institutionalized racism. I just don't believe in today's world of hyper-sensitivity towards racism that institutionalized racism exists anywhere except very small pockets. Any policy which even hints of racism is weeded out.
I know you Believe this. I think you're wrong. But more inportantly, I believe most African-Americans KNOW that you're wrong.

Through only July of this year, there have been 71 homicides in St. Louis. Just throwing that out there. I have no idea of the specifics of any of them, but how come I haven't heard about a single one of them at all, but this one I hear about?
It's pretty terrible for sure.

Ferguson IS one of the worst areas of the St Louis area. There are worse, but it's in the bottom 20% for sure.
:rolleyes: I'll bite, where do you live?

FYI, Ferguson, where this happened, is one of the worst areas of the St. Louis metropolitan area. I had a bunch of relatives who grew up there decades ago, and it was a good area then, but it has gone way downhill in the last 20 years, and last night was a prime example of this. Sad. Very sad.
No it isn't. There has been a lot of money invested and redevelopment the last 15 years or so. It's terrible this kid lost his life and it's terrible for a city that has been making a big come back.
I don't want to quibble over what is and what isn't the worst area in the area, but while Ferguson has dressed it up a bit over the years (the big shopping center at W. Florissant and Lucas and Hunt, although that might be Jennings...cannot remember), crime is still not good there from what I have know, and their schooling system is off the charts bad. A co-worker with two young children actually moved out of that area last year (she lived just off Chambers, where a lot of that stuff last night happened) because, in her words, "she couldn't raise her kids any longer in an area where they heard gunfire every night." Sure, North City, other parts of North County and parts of South City are probably worse, but Ferguson is still not a place, prior to this weekend, I'd feel safe walking up and down the street. :shrug:

If you are going to argue that the majority of police are racist I think you need to show a

bit more evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread