What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Severe Threats No One Talks About (1 Viewer)

mr roboto

Footballguy
Apparently NASCAR drivers are homicidal maniacs waiting to snap. I never knew just how real the threat was but a few people in the TS thread have graciously enlightened me. How could we let these psychos command 200 mph deadly weapons weekly?

What else are we missing?

Haven't bothered with that thread figured it would quickly become a cluster. I have met several drivers none of them seemed homicidal to me.

Don't forget solar discharges. A big one happens at the right time and hits us no more power grind and everything that is plugged into it is done. Welcome to the 19th century if we are lucky.

A close enough, big enough supernova could sterilize the planet. And by sterilize I mean end all life and the ability to support life.

You know if whitetail deer ever realized how they could decimate the us economy if they all crossed major interstates in a perfectly timed mass suicide...

Remember the Earth's crust is sitting on a liquid foundation. Theoretically the crust could lose it's grip and spin independently of the core of the planet. That would be pretty ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know if whitetail deer ever realized how they could decimate the us economy if they all crossed major interstates in a perfectly timed mass suicide...
"Hunters" have been fighting these insurgent deer for decades, and they still manage to pull off suicide attacks. It's really only a matter of time before the big one happens.

I read somewhere that if those sinkholes that keep appearing in Siberia really are caused by earth farts, then we're ####ed.

In a similar vein, Sharknado.

People do talk about it, but the way we do actually does more harm than good. We're not afraid of (or prepared for) the real possibility that this WILL occur within the next 2-3 years. Instead we make a joke of it.

I'm waiting for the killerbeeacane.. imagine a hurricane sucking up swarms of hundreds of thousands of killer bees and depositing them over a big city.. :scared:

Supervolcano!
Yellowstone Caldera is going to mess us up good when it goes.
It would destroy 2/3's of the US and cause mass famine across the entire world.

It erupts every 600,000 to 800,000 years.

The last eruption was 640,000 years ago.

AND NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT!!
:shrug:

I screamed from the hilltops on this very subject about 100,000 years ago, but I guess memories are pretty short.

Users who are viewing this thread