What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone want to be a part of a pirate league, inquire within... (1 Viewer)

Chappy

Footballguy
This is a league that is made up of 32 teams (homer teams). The pirate theme come in not only for the fun but for the mid-season pillaging that will take place. It's called 32 HomARRRRRRs and here's how it works -

In plain terms, it is basically a keeper league where your keepers come from the players from the NFL team that you own. All players have a value, you have a set dollar value to spend on your keepers and cannot go over. After the keepers have been submitted, there is a 1 time supplemental draft where unspent money can be spent on unkept players (if you qualify). After that is over, there is a normal snake draft to round out your roster. Every team keeps their NFL team's kicker and D/ST.

Free agents are by blind bid. There is a one time plunder draft where all teams can protect a set number of players, and one at a time each team gets a chance to steal a player from any other team. No team can have more than 1 plunder attempt against them. This is really unique and interesting.

All of this is under the setting of a pirate world. You can have as much fun with that as you wish. Overall, it is a really interesting league that is different from just about anything else out there. Last year was my first year in the league, it was a fun experience with a bunch of nice owners.

Available teams are - Patriots, Falcons, Browns and Chargers. You can captain one of these ships for $25.

Post here or PM me if interested. The forums for this league are held at another MB you'd need to be a part of to follow league business and the league is hosted through MFL.

Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chargers taken. Only falcons and browns left. Obviously, you don't have to be a homer for these two teams, just interested. Again $25.

The Falcons have been taken, only the Browns are left in need of a captain. Come on guys for $25, this is a really cool league with a very interesting and entertaining twist.

We thought we had a replacement for the Vikings captain but not so much.

Teams in need of a captain-

Chargers

Vikings

Draft starts in 1 day.

what time is the draft ?
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back until now but the league is full. If you want I can certainly keep you in mind for next season as there always seems to be vacancies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a note, you don't have to be a homer for one of the remaining teams to claim them. Always nice if you were, but not mandatory. 

49ers, Ravens and Titans all need new owners. 
These 3 teams still need owners. 

Really could use 3 new owners, if any anyone wants a shot at competing in a very different kind of league for cheap, post here or PM me. Thx

Panthers are gone, only the 49ers and Ravens remain for this league to be full. Come on fellas, Jump in for $25, even if you're not a homer for one of those 2 teams. 

Users who are viewing this thread