What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 MBSL 1 Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
http://www11.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/28492#0

I will pm Sinrman. Clock starts tomorrow at 8am. Remember that MFL is used for tracking the draft, but the picks need to be made/posted here. You can pre-draft there, but the next owner up doesn't go on the clock until some posts the prior pick here. I know some feel this is a pain, but we survive and some don't have access to mfl during work hours.

Oops sorry.. out all day today and will be out most of tomorrow. But I can at least kick it off.

1.01 LeSean McCoy, RB, PHI

Does Nittany Lion even know he is in this draft?

I sent him an email but not sure he has seen it yet - maybe he should be pushed until the end of the round to see if we can get going ... this pace is NOT workable

I'm in. Purchasing a car, dropped the boy off at baseball camp early this AM, and unexpectedly wound up pinballing between 5 dealerships all day long - I know how to play the game, but every one of them was willing to tango more than I expected. It's really slow right now, and I'm killing it. More on that later, for your entertainment. Just walked in the door for the first time today.

Pick will be up in just a second.

Mea culpa.

My selection, made at 6:38 PM, was 1.11 Dez Bryant, WR Cowboys. I have such a man crush on him, it's ridiculous.

Having pre-drafted, these picks hit the board simultaneously with mine:

1.12 Stephen Holloway: AJ Green, WR Bengals

1.13 Bass N Brew: Julio Jones, WR Falcons

OTC: 1.14 FUBAR

On Deck: 1.15 Hell Toupee

In The Hole: 1.16 Stinkin' Ref, with 2 through the far turn...

2.02 Le'Veon Bell RB Pitt

:homer:

pm-BnB

2.03 Doug Martin Rb TB

edit for Fubar puck

Last edited by a moderator:
2.09 Lynch RB
It's a sign of just how deep this group is when Lynch goes as the #25 player, he was in the mix back at #14. Actually thought I put him in pre-draft over Martin (cell phone pre-drafting error) but I'm fine with Martin albeit with much more risk.

copying BnB's note from FIRST POST in this thread - because I had it wrong and maybe others do too - PICK must be posted here (fine to do both)

"Remember that MFL is used for tracking the draft, but the picks need to be made/posted here. You can pre-draft there, but the next owner up doesn't go on the clock until some posts the prior pick here. I know some feel this is a pain, but we survive and some don't have access to mfl during work hours."

Was hoping that Andre Johnson could slide down to me. Headed out to church and will catch you guys later tonight.

3.09 41. Valence Patterson, Cordarrelle MIN WR
3.10 42. Bro1ncos Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

3.11 43. nittanylion Rice, Ray BAL RB

3.12 44. Stephan Holloway White, Roddy ATL WR

Very stoked to go Dez/Jordy with 1/2. Too stoked? Maybe...

Was hoping Reggie Bush would fall here. It's out of character for me to play risky this early, but I went with my gut, which tells me that there's a lot of positive momentum involving the Ravens going into 2014. Very proud organization with something to prove. Lots went wrong last year, lots of room to improve, and this is the kind of team who rises to that. No Rice for 2 weeks, yes, but the Rice that hit the field vs the 49'ers looked hungry to me - and fit. Really like the Steve Smith addition - I think the Bolden subtraction last year hurt them in multiple ways. Smith brings vet savvy and a boatload of Ravens-style edge, I think it translates. Good run blocker and route runner - they missed that in 2013. Pitta returning and development of Marlon Brown keeps defenses honest. Run scheme is effective, none of the other RB's are as complete as Rice, and the recent shoulder bruise doesn't concern me - might even be a good thing in the sense that prevents any more unnecessary contact between now and Week 3.

These Leagues are marathons, not sprints. Two of my top 3 players now have Week 11 byes, hate that, but I just couldn't pass up the value of a complete back at this point, RB 19. We shall see...

Team Holloway

Going to be a busy week so I may not have much time for commentary and that is what I love the most about all of these mock draft leagues.

1.12 A. J. Green WR4 bye week 4

2.5 Arian Foster RB11 bye week 10

3.12 Roddy White WR17 bye week 9

In ppr leagues, I have these three at WR3,RB4, and WR11. Granted Arian Foster is a little of an unknown with the missing practices, but I think that he will be heavily targeted and play the lead role running the ball. A.J. Green was not a bargain that early, but he will be the Bengals most targeted and has been extremely consistent. Roddy White returns healthy and will get a lot of the short passes that Gonzalez received a year ago.

Happy with the start and glad to be a part of this league. When you have time, share your thoughts with the board and let's talk about why we made the choices that we made.

ill bite....

imo rice was a terrible pick....especially in this format....he would be on my let somebody else draft him list...great start with dez/jordy really compromised IMO

foster wont be on any of my teams this year.....I'll go elsewhere every time...and if I miss out, so be it, but I would rather swing and miss elsewhere than roll the dice with this dude, back, etc....if i miss out, I can live with that, but to take him and then see him on the shelf would be a huge case of I told you so......no way worthy of my second pick.....lots of other options....

wont touch Reggie Bush either....

not the end all be all of fantasy players but i love seeing my do not draft guys go off the board....

thought the mini RB run after the turn really allowed some wr value to fall.....

I'm out today until late. Pre selected the next round but if it happens to get back to my 5th, it will be after 8 eastern.

1.06 J Graham - 6 - TE1

2.11 V. Jackson - 7 - WR11

3.06 A Johnson - 10 - WR15

2 ppr - give me Graham please - would have considered at #1

VJAX vs Brees was a tough choice but I really didn't want to open te - qb so VJAX was the choice. MCCown showed last year what he can do with tall wrs - VJAX has shown repeatedly it doesn't matter who his qb is. Works for me.

I have AJ ranked right with VJAX (and Cobb in a mini tier) so with the qbs gone it was an easy decision. AJ will still get near 100 catches imo, so ppr he is still a top flight guy.

No rbs worth the pick at any of the spots, will have to try to patch something together later. Love a lot of the later backs so wth.

Users who are viewing this thread