What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US journalist James Foley beheaded by ISIS (1 Viewer)

step 1: invade iraq (again)

step 2: knock on doors looking for isis (who doesnt like foreign soldiers knocking on your door and searching your house)

step 3: ???

step 4: freedom (until they vote for someone we dont like then we go back to step 1)
You are such a coward, with your snarky bull####. Ever heard of using intelligence before planning a mission..? Do think our soldiers would just go knocking on random doors? These people are evil, they are killing children, they need to be stopped. Obama should have already had a conference with our allies and a plan with them to stop this evil. It isnt about politics bagger, its about good vs evil.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/islamic-state-militants-gang-raping-selling-hundreds-women-report-article-1.1921553

Wow.

Islamic State fighters in Iraq are reportedly reserving a special kind of cruelty for women from minority religions.

The militants are keeping hundreds of Yazidi, Christian, and Turkoman women in Mosul’s Badush prison, gang-raping some and selling others as brides for as low as $25, The Daily Beast reports.

They’re even forcing local beauticians to come into the prison to dress the women up with makeup. Survivors said that many of those held in the prison were teenagers, some as young as 14.

The women are given a choice: They can convert to the militant’s violent interpretation of Islam or face daily rape. Those who convert are reportedly sold off like cattle to Islamic State fighters and ordered to be submissive, women’s rights advocates in the region report. Their selling price ranges from $25 to $150.

One mother of a captive woman said her daughter managed to hide a cell phone in the prison and has been describing horrific tales of being raped by dozens of men over a few hours.

Other women said that children born out of rape have been ripped from their mothers’ arms, and never seen again.

U.N. officials in Iraq have suggested that some 1,500 people from religious minorities may have been forced into sexual slavery.

Pakhshan Zangana, a women’s rights advocate in the region, has been seeking private donations to try and buy the captured women back from the militants.

“We have women and families calling in every day, the situation is getting desperate,” said Zangana. “It’s sick.”

The Islamic State, formerly known as ISIS and ISIL, have been spreading their reign of terror and extremist interpretation of Islam throughout large swaths of Iraq for the past year. The Yazidi people have been prime targets because of their religious beliefs, which IS fighters interpret as devil worship. Yazidi traditions are an ancient blend of Islam, Christianity, and Persian Zoroastrianism, one that doesn’t believe in the concept of hell.

The Yazidis have been careful to marry within their own communities for centuries — which means the rapes are breaking their bloodline. One mother told the Kurdish news organization Rudaw that her three daughters committed suicide by jumping off a cliff after they were raped by Islamic State militants.

The mother of five victims expressed fear after the cellphone her daughter had smuggled into the prison stopped working.

“We don’t want food or money, we just want our daughters back,” the mother said.
What does Allah have to say about this?

step 2: knock on doors looking for isis (who doesnt like foreign soldiers knocking on your door and searching your house)

step 4: freedom (until they vote for someone we dont like then we go back to step 1)
You are such a coward, with your snarky bull####. Ever heard of using intelligence before planning a mission..? Do think our soldiers would just go knocking on random doors? These people are evil, they are killing children, they need to be stopped. Obama should have already had a conference with our allies and a plan with them to stop this evil. It isnt about politics bagger, its about good vs evil.
As I pointed out a bit earlier we just wrapped up over a decade of having a large scale military deployment over there spending at least a Trillion dollars in Iraq alone, probably much more than that when you consider total costs to our economy. Even at the post-surge levels we weren't particularly successful at controlling the violence until we paid the Sunni militias to stop fighting.

No one disputes we could rout 30 or 50 thousand ISIS militia if they sit out on a battlefield for us, including them. If we deploy they are likely to go back into local terrorist mode, hiding out, dropping IEDs and sending out suicide bombers. Eventually we'll leave and they'll go right back out into the relative open again.

I get the urge to want to hurt them, and we should. We just need to figure out how to do that in a way that promotes a long-term solution as opposed to us playing World Police, which we know won't do anything but cosmetically address the problem and cost us a massive amount of money.

Last edited by a moderator:

As I pointed out a bit earlier we just wrapped up over a decade of having a large scale military deployment over there spending at least a Trillion dollars in Iraq alone, probably much more than that when you consider total costs to our economy. Even at the post-surge levels we weren't particularly successful at controlling the violence until we paid the Sunni militias to stop fighting.

No one disputes we could rout 30 or 50 thousand ISIS militia if they sit out on a battlefield for us, including them. If we deploy they are likely to go back into local terrorist mode, hiding out, dropping IEDs and sending out suicide bombers. Eventually we'll leave and they'll go right back out into the relative open again.

I get the urge to want to hurt them, and we should. We just need to figure out how to do that in a way that promotes a long-term solution as opposed to us playing World Police, which we know won't do anything but cosmetically address the problem and cost us a massive amount of money.
#### money. Take as much oil as we need to pay for it. Exterminate these bugs, no matter what it takes. Yes, they are cowards and will hide and resort to terrorism. Should that stop our resolve? No.

Over under on Gene Sackman's age? I'm guessing 18?

Gene, I'm assuming you've signed up for the military to lead this offensive you're planning?

What do think would be the response by the rest of the international community when we raid oil wells (not owned by ISIS) and steal petrol to pay for this offensive?

How many troops on the ground do you anticipate needing to conduct This multinational door to door initiative to hunt down iSIS members? What, exactly are we looking for as identifying characteristics? ISIS Tshirts? ISIS uniforms? Bearded guys with turbans who pray to Mecca every few hours?

Gene, I'm assuming you've signed up for the military to lead this offensive you're planning?

What do think would be the response by the rest of the international community when we raid oil wells (not owned by ISIS) and steal petrol to pay for this offensive?

How many troops on the ground do you anticipate needing to conduct This multinational door to door initiative to hunt down iSIS members? What, exactly are we looking for as identifying characteristics? ISIS Tshirts? ISIS uniforms? Bearded guys with turbans who pray to Mecca every few hours?
Gene's position seems eerily similar to the official Republican Party position w/re to middle eastern affairs the last 15 years.

People like you make me sick. We can go there and stop these bugs. This isnt a bombing mission, this is a go door to door and find these ####s and kill them. And Im sure there are many in our military that would be more than willing. And just because other atrocities happen around the world, we shouldnt fight the ones we can? No sir.
I agree with stopping evil in the world where we can. What I don't think is the best method or cost effective is sending in our own troops. Drones, special forces to kill high value targets, and aiding with locations of targets is where we can help the best. We should operate like Batman, not Darth Vader.

The Islamic State, formerly known as ISIS and ISIL, have been spreading their reign of terror and extremist interpretation of Islam
These people are as Muslim as Hitler was a Christian.

Raid? Why would it be a raid? How much have we spent rebuilding this country? Its foolish not to take oil. Im not qualified to lead any military operation, but I dont think you give our intel and military forces enough credit that they couldnt find ways to flush out and identify the bugs that need to be exterminated. Hell, these monsters are putting kids heads on sticks in parks. Pretty sure we can find them.

Coward.

People like you make me sick. We can go there and stop these bugs. This isnt a bombing mission, this is a go door to door and find these ####s and kill them. And Im sure there are many in our military that would be more than willing. And just because other atrocities happen around the world, we shouldnt fight the ones we can? No sir.
I agree with stopping evil in the world where we can. What I don't think is the best method or cost effective is sending in our own troops. Drones, special forces to kill high value targets, and aiding with locations of targets is where we can help the best. We should operate like Batman, not Darth Vader.
Im down, whatever it takes.

Coming soon to a place near you...

The information on the laptop makes clear that its owner is a Tunisian national named Muhammed S. who joined ISIS in Syria and who studied chemistry and physics at two universities in Tunisia's northeast. Even more disturbing is how he planned to use that education:

The ISIS laptop contains a 19-page document in Arabic on how to develop biological weapons and how to weaponize the bubonic plague from infected animals.

"The advantage of biological weapons is that they do not cost a lot of money, while the human casualties can be huge," the document states.

The document includes instructions for how to test the weaponized disease safely, before it is used in a terrorist attack.

"When the microbe is injected in small mice, the symptoms of the disease should start to appear within 24 hours," the document says.

The Islamic State, formerly known as ISIS and ISIL, have been spreading their reign of terror and extremist interpretation of Islam
And yet complacent in their knowledge of the concentration camps, as Muslims are about the monsters in their religion.

Just another Obama misstep.

Isis, Russia, Ukraine, Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen, Israel, Hamas, Bergdhal.

It's too hard and complicated so let's just forget about it.

#######

Gene's position seems eerily similar to the official Republican Party position w/re to middle eastern affairs the last 15 years.
Or Hillary Clinton, who you'll most likely be voting for in the next Presidential election.

Or Hillary Clinton, who you'll most likely be voting for in the next Presidential election.
Only because I don't want a Republican in office when it's time to nominate new Supreme Court Justices.

And yet complacent in their knowledge of the concentration camps, as Muslims are about the monsters in their religion.
http://www.nytimes.c...-isis.html?_r=0

The Muslim Council of Britain, the country’s largest Muslim umbrella organization, condemned the execution of Mr. Foley. In a statement, it said that “ISIS does not speak for Islam, and has been repudiated by all Muslims.”

“Their message only appeals to those who are easily duped by their twisted message purporting to be Islam,” it said. “They seek to glamorize their violence, and unfortunately, the media has a part to play in adding to that glamour.”

http://www.ibtimes.c...liating-1664780

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, leader of the most populous Muslim-majority country in the world that has long struggled with Islamist terrorism, condemned the actions of the Islamic State, formerly the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, and said the militant group is “embarrassing” and “humiliating” Muslims.

The 64-year-old president's comments came a day after ISIS released a video showing the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley, who went missing in November 2012 in northwestern Syria. Yudhoyono reportedly said that he was shocked by the violence perpetrated by Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, where thousands have lost their lives, and, according to The Australian, Yudhoyono declared that the Islamic State's actions are “becoming out of control” after viewing the video.

“We do not tolerate it, we forbid ISIS in Indonesia," Yudhoyono told The Australian in an interview in the capital city of Jakarta. "Indonesia is not an Islamic state. We respect all religions.

“This is a new wake-up call to international leaders all over the world, including Islamic leaders," he reportedly said. "All leaders must review how to combat extremism. Changing paradigms on both sides are needed -- how the West perceives Islam and how Islam perceives the West."

^^^That's the president of the largest muslim country in the world.

http://www.christian...ization-125113/

The Saudi Grand Mufti's comments were the latest of several Muslim leaders both religious and secular, from Indonesia to Egypt, condemning the actions and views of ISIS.

http://www.cair.com/...ing-abroad.html

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today condemned as "un-Islamic and morally repugnant" violence and hostilities perpetrated by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and repudiated those who encourage Americans to join that and other extremist groups.

Finally, here's another:

http://en.radiovatic...istians/1103410

All of these were on the first page when I Google'd "muslim condemn journalist isis"

Credit to AcworthFalcFan

Raid? Why would it be a raid? How much have we spent rebuilding this country? Its foolish not to take oil. Im not qualified to lead any military operation, but I dont think you give our intel and military forces enough credit that they couldnt find ways to flush out and identify the bugs that need to be exterminated. Hell, these monsters are putting kids heads on sticks in parks. Pretty sure we can find them. Coward.
1) who should we take the oil from them, specificically? Oil fields owned by which companies?

2) so you're saying our military just wasn't trying last time we ramped up operations and failed to eradicate these guys?

3) you're obviously not fit to lead but surely you've signed up to serve right, given how quick you are to label folks cowards?

You see, Arctic Edge isn't a coward because he is volunteering other people to die for a cause he believes in. In fact, he's practically a hero.

Wait.. Gene Sackman's is an arctic edge alias?! :lol:

Good lord I knew I shouldn't have been taking that tool seriously.

Raid? Why would it be a raid? How much have we spent rebuilding this country? Its foolish not to take oil. Im not qualified to lead any military operation, but I dont think you give our intel and military forces enough credit that they couldnt find ways to flush out and identify the bugs that need to be exterminated. Hell, these monsters are putting kids heads on sticks in parks. Pretty sure we can find them. Coward.
1) who should we take the oil from them, specificically? Oil fields owned by which companies?

2) so you're saying our military just wasn't trying last time we ramped up operations and failed to eradicate these guys?

3) you're obviously not fit to lead but surely you've signed up to serve right, given how quick you are to label folks cowards?
Not sure Im the best candidate to join the military as Im 41 and have bad knees after 30 years of hockey, but if I was in the military, saving children from evil pricks would be at the top of my list of worth wild objectives. I'd say many in the military feel the same way. If our leaders committed to it, they could stop this genocide.

As far as oil goes, I dont know the specifics, but I know we would figure it out.

And yeah, you are a coward.

You see, Arctic Edge isn't a coward because he is volunteering other people to die for a cause he believes in. In fact, he's practically a hero.
Mmm hmm mm hmm.. Yeah, Im a coward for calling out people who can do something about children who are having their heads cut off, and arent. Why arent you calling them out? Think about a scared kid watching other children getting decapitated as they wait their turn. Its more evil than I can phathom. So yeah, I will call people cowards who arent calling out our world leaders to do something.

http://www.nytimes.c...-isis.html?_r=0

The Muslim Council of Britain, the country’s largest Muslim umbrella organization, condemned the execution of Mr. Foley. In a statement, it said that “ISIS does not speak for Islam, and has been repudiated by all Muslims.”

“Their message only appeals to those who are easily duped by their twisted message purporting to be Islam,” it said. “They seek to glamorize their violence, and unfortunately, the media has a part to play in adding to that glamour.”

http://www.ibtimes.c...liating-1664780

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, leader of the most populous Muslim-majority country in the world that has long struggled with Islamist terrorism, condemned the actions of the Islamic State, formerly the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, and said the militant group is “embarrassing” and “humiliating” Muslims.

The 64-year-old president's comments came a day after ISIS released a video showing the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley, who went missing in November 2012 in northwestern Syria. Yudhoyono reportedly said that he was shocked by the violence perpetrated by Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, where thousands have lost their lives, and, according to The Australian, Yudhoyono declared that the Islamic State's actions are “becoming out of control” after viewing the video.

“We do not tolerate it, we forbid ISIS in Indonesia," Yudhoyono told The Australian in an interview in the capital city of Jakarta. "Indonesia is not an Islamic state. We respect all religions.

“This is a new wake-up call to international leaders all over the world, including Islamic leaders," he reportedly said. "All leaders must review how to combat extremism. Changing paradigms on both sides are needed -- how the West perceives Islam and how Islam perceives the West."

^^^That's the president of the largest muslim country in the world.

http://www.christian...ization-125113/

The Saudi Grand Mufti's comments were the latest of several Muslim leaders both religious and secular, from Indonesia to Egypt, condemning the actions and views of ISIS.

http://www.cair.com/...ing-abroad.html

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today condemned as "un-Islamic and morally repugnant" violence and hostilities perpetrated by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and repudiated those who encourage Americans to join that and other extremist groups.

Finally, here's another:

http://en.radiovatic...istians/1103410

All of these were on the first page when I Google'd "muslim condemn journalist isis"

Credit to AcworthFalcFan
That's great and all that those people condemn it. However, radical islam lives with regular Islam and the majority know they are there and dont do anything. Talk is cheap. Show me the stories of Muslims at the Mosque level outing the radicals..

Im Lutheran, and I guarantee if there were terrorists in our congregation, they would be outed and shown to authorities immediately.

That's great and all that those people condemn it. However, radical islam lives with regular Islam and the majority know they are there and dont do anything. Talk is cheap. Show me the stories of Muslims at the Mosque level outing the radicals..

Im Lutheran, and I guarantee if there were terrorists in our congregation, they would be outed and shown to authorities immediately.
The extremists have their own mosques and members only socialize among themselves so it's easy for people to ignore them and hope they go away. A lot of Christians disagree with Westboro but I don't see them organizing major protests against them.

The extremists have their own mosques and members only socialize among themselves so it's easy for people to ignore them and hope they go away. A lot of Christians disagree with Westboro but I don't see them organizing major protests against them.
I cant stand the nuts at westboro, but to compare them to radical islam is a sad joke. Like people who cant say anything but Timothy McVay, what about Timothy McVay... Over and over as their argument. (he was agnostic btw) Im sorry, but the percentage of evil ####s in the Muslim religion are higher than all others combined. How many conflicts are there around the globe right now? And how many involve Muslims? Almost all of them. They need to get their house in order.

I cant stand the nuts at westboro, but to compare them to radical islam is a sad joke. Like people who cant say anything but Timothy McVay, what about Timothy McVay... Over and over as their argument. (he was agnostic btw) Im sorry, but the percentage of evil ####s in the Muslim religion are higher than all others combined. How many conflicts are there around the globe right now? And how many involve Muslims? Almost all of them. They need to get their house in order.
Where you're confused is that it's not one house. There are many sects within Islam that vary greatly and even individual mosques within the same sect have Imams who interpret the Koran their own way.

The fundamental problem with Islam is the use of the Hadiths - collections of supposed Muhammad's sayings that were recorded after he died. It's unknown how many of these are simply fakes but they are used by Imams for interpretations. Even if true they conflict with the Koran which leads to some Imams using them to promote their extremist views.

Where you're confused is that it's not one house. There are many sects within Islam that vary greatly and even individual mosques within the same sect have Imams who interpret the Koran their own way.

The fundamental problem with Islam is the use of the Hadiths - collections of supposed Muhammad's sayings that were recorded after he died. It's unknown how many of these are simply fakes but they are used by Imams for interpretations. Even if true they conflict with the Koran which leads to some Imams using them to promote their extremist views.
Ok, houses.

Video Appears to Show ISIS Execution of Second American Steven Sotloff

A new video appears to show the execution of Steven Sotloff, the second American killed by a self-professed member of the Islamist terror group ISIS.

In the video, which appeared online today, Sotloff addresses the camera, saying, “I’m sure you know exactly who I am by now and why I am appearing.”

“Obama, your foreign policy of intervention in Iraq was supposed to be for preservation of American lives and interests, so why is it that I am paying the price of your interference with my life?” Sotloff says calmly as the black clad militant holds a knife casually at his side.

The video then cuts to the militant who makes a statement saying that as long as U.S. missiles “continue to strike our people, our knife will continue to strike the necks of your people.”

Sotloff was seen last month in a very similar video that appeared to show the execution of American journalist James Foley.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/steven-sotloff-video-appears-show-isis-execution-american/story?id=25216725

I have watched both of these videos and they look like fakes to me. The dude moves the small knife back & forth on there throats like 4-5 times and there is no blood, then thy don't even show the rest of it. They have shown them in the past, so why have they all of a sudden started censoring their videos?

Now I am not saying that these guys weren't beheaded, but I don't think it happened at the moment it was being filmed. Also, the guys that were beheaded remained remarkably calm the entire time. They usually try and resist at the last minute, so that one guy wouldn't of been able to hold them. Also, nobody is yelling "Allah Akbar", but the second one I just saw had no sound, so I'm not 100 if they did not.

I mentioned it before, but they may have had several staged fake beheadings they participated in, and this could of been one. Then, they did the real beheading at another time.

#### money. Take as much oil as we need to pay for it. Exterminate these bugs, no matter what it takes. Yes, they are cowards and will hide and resort to terrorism. Should that stop our resolve? No.
You tell em Cowboy. Don't go callin me a coward. I'll personally ride a nuke down, firing off my two 6-shooters, all the way into one of their Muslim, god-hating, America hating, baseball hating, BBQ hating rat holes.

I have watched both of these videos and they look like fakes to me. The dude moves the small knife back & forth on there throats like 4-5 times and there is no blood, then thy don't even show the rest of it. They have shown them in the past, so why have they all of a sudden started censoring their videos?

Now I am not saying that these guys weren't beheaded, but I don't think it happened at the moment it was being filmed. Also, the guys that were beheaded remained remarkably calm the entire time. They usually try and resist at the last minute, so that one guy wouldn't of been able to hold them. Also, nobody is yelling "Allah Akbar", but the second one I just saw had no sound, so I'm not 100 if they did not.

I mentioned it before, but they may have had several staged fake beheadings they participated in, and this could of been one. Then, they did the real beheading at another time.
Another report I saw discussing the Foley video said the knife pictured on the beheaded body was different than the knife held to his throat in the video. :shrug: Still, I am sure these guys are dead... but the actual execution could have been as much as a year before the video was released from what I read.

Pentagon spokesman just said that there's no military victory of ISIL - they will be defeated by good (inclusive) governance in the area and that will result in a rejection of their ideology.

Their numbers aren't overwhelming. I'm not sure how every person in Iraq and Syria isn't flooding the areas to take them down. Their numbers will continue to grow unless they are stopped.

Their numbers aren't overwhelming. I'm not sure how every person in Iraq and Syria isn't flooding the areas to take them down. Their numbers will continue to grow unless they are stopped.
I understand ISIS has lots of money and lots of guns and ammo.
Sure, but they are outnumbered drastically by all in the region... Estimates I have read put their numbers at 30-50k. Iraq and Syria have populations totaling around 60M. They're a threat to everyone over there.

Pentagon spokesman just said that there's no military victory of ISIL - they will be defeated by good (inclusive) governance in the area and that will result in a rejection of their ideology.
:lmao: Pretty sure they took that out of play by killing anyone that rejects their way of thinking. We are run by hammerheads of the nth degree.

:lmao: Pretty sure they took that out of play by killing anyone that rejects their way of thinking. We are run by hammerheads of the nth degree.
What would be your solution? Besides nuking them (I'm assuming that was not a serious option).

Assuming they haven't taken over the entire country by then, sure.

What would be your solution? Besides nuking them (I'm assuming that was not a serious option).
Whatever it takes to kill every single one of them. I do know that good governance will fail miserably. They want us dead so we better beat them to it.

Users who are viewing this thread