What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's Your Reach-A-Round? (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Props to Charchians (sp) show for the name. Reach a round is somebody you think you should make take a round earlier than general ADP.

Mine would be Bernard in a PPR league. I think he is worth taking late in the first of a PPR league cause you can likely bounce back in round 2 and get a WR almost as good as you would have taken with the Bernard pick.

For instance, say at 1.09 you are looking at Green, Bryant, Nelson, Marshall, Brown, Jones, Cobb and Jeffrey.

Seems like a small variance.

The choice is take Bernard at 1.09 and pair with Cobb (or maybe Brown or Jones)

or

Take Green and likely pair with Cobb as well - because somebody takes Bernard in between.

I think it's the right move as it provides so much flexibility rather than taking 2 WRs.

Based on what I'm seeing in mocks, I'm guessing Cordarelle Patterson is going to be one of the most popular answers to this question.

For me it's Emmanuel Sanders. The top 3 targets in a Peyton Manning offense almost always seem to provide fantasy points on a week to week basis.

I'm also willing to reach early with Marques Colston- he averaged 76 yards per game over the last half of the season + 2 games of the playoffs. His targets have ranged from around 110 to 130 in the Sean Payton offense (he had about 110 last year). Sproles and Moore are leaving behind 140 targets- while I think Cooks and Stills pick up the majority of those targets, I think Colston will get a piece of the pie. Hard for me to see this guy fail to get WR2 numbers if he stays healthy. I can admit the ceiling is low compared to the likes of Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith, but I think his floor is immensely higher.

Right now, I'm not sure there is anyone. Guys I like a couple weeks ago like Benjamin and Roddy White seemed to have adjusted to where they are going in the right spot. Maybe Ryan Matthews if you don't take a RB in the first 2 rounds, it might be worth securing him in the late 3rd.

Based on what I'm seeing in mocks, I'm guessing Cordarelle Patterson is going to be one of the most popular answers to this question.

For me it's Emmanuel Sanders. The top 3 targets in a Peyton Manning offense almost always seem to provide fantasy points on a week to week basis.

I'm also willing to reach early with Marques Colston- he averaged 76 yards per game over the last half of the season + 2 games of the playoffs. His targets have ranged from around 110 to 130 in the Sean Payton offense (he had about 110 last year). Sproles and Moore are leaving behind 140 targets- while I think Cooks and Stills pick up the majority of those targets, I think Colston will get a piece of the pie. Hard for me to see this guy fail to get WR2 numbers if he stays healthy. I can admit the ceiling is low compared to the likes of Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith, but I think his floor is immensely higher.
I like both of your answers.

I would also add Danny Amendola.

Likely going with a WR/TE heavy start, my guy is Fred Jackson. He'll prob be my RB3, and possibly my RB2 if I make a misstep. So I'll be glad to reach on his consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread