What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Allen Hurns? (1 Viewer)

Didn't expect Hurns to outplay Robinson through 5 weeks. I traded Jordan Reed and 2nd for Robinson last year. This year, Hurns was picked up off waivers (shallow bench dynasty league).

Traded Hurns for Jimmy Graham

10 team redraft league, short bench

I have Demarious and Marshall as starters. We only start two with no flex.

Hurns in a tie for team record of consecutive games with a TD (4). Bold prediction - he gets the record all to himself today.

Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Sniff, errr...I mean Smith...revisited. Both of those guys were startable back when the Jags were good.

flapgreen said:
I traded him. Got a good half season from him
I think that's the right move. I was looking to trade for a WR and noticed Hurns stats, but that really doesn't seem sustainable. James Jones syndrome?

flapgreen said:
I think that's the right move. I was looking to trade for a WR and noticed Hurns stats, but that really doesn't seem sustainable. James Jones syndrome?
Why doesn't it seem sustainable? Allen Robinson is a premier receiver and draws a lot of attention. Hurns has been making the most of the defensive shift. Guy actually has speed, he isn't just some lucky underneath guy. He is on pace for like 150 targets and 80 catches and he gets 16.5 a clip.

James Jones doesn't really separate much and is a lot like the antonio freeman of later years in his career. A WR that his QB is comfy with and can be in right place at right time when matchup allows.

Warpig said:
Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Sniff, errr...I mean Smith...revisited. Both of those guys were startable back when the Jags were good.
Jimmy Smith put up borderline HOF numbers. I'd say he was a little more than startable.

flapgreen said:
He was the last starting guy on my team. Now with the emergence of Diggs, I had the flexibility to go after a better qb and traded Hurns for Bortles in 16T

Rolling him out for Hilton now probably. Have had him in all year because of Dez and all he does is get double digit points every week. Hoping the fun continues.

Hurns is Wr22 in my ppr league. I don't see any reason why he can't continue. He played very well in his rookie year too and I don't see anyone replacing him or taking his reps.

Don't hold your breath.

Charles, Foster, Allen, Lewis, now Hurns (and Lat. Murray with the concussion).

Pretty much avoid anyone on my roster this year...

Forget the question. I see it's the lack of targets
and Robinson is just a better player. When you watch him, he makes tougher plays. He's one of the best WRs in the league on a jumpball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-WbwQC21rM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0012Dgdq0w
Both are viable. This offense could be like the Raiders next year where people ask where they are coming from when the potential has already been displayed.

Gotta be ####### kidding me. I literally just traded for him THIS morning.
I was considering trading for him. Still might. What did you give?
it was part of a larger trade... Dt and Olsen for Ingram and hurns. I was hesitant until I actually looked at his numbers. Dumb question, why is Robinson always ranked above him?
It pains me to say it, but you just got ####ed really hard, like prison style, right in that ###, no lube or anything. :(

Gotta be ####### kidding me. I literally just traded for him THIS morning.
I was considering trading for him. Still might. What did you give?
it was part of a larger trade... Dt and Olsen for Ingram and hurns. I was hesitant until I actually looked at his numbers. Dumb question, why is Robinson always ranked above him?
It pains me to say it, but you just got ####ed really hard, like prison style, right in that ###, no lube or anything. :(
when my only other rbs were Forsett and Lewis and my backup te was reed I didn't think it was that bad. Hurns has more points that DT this year too.

Users who are viewing this thread