Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
hotboyz

Who is Allen Hurns?

I picked up Hurns for a look-see, but he's currently sitting on my bench.

Did anyone have the cajones to start Hurns?

Did it in 3 out of 6 leagues I own him. Wish I had followed my instincts and started him in all leagues.

I picked up Hurns for a look-see, but he's currently sitting on my bench.

Did anyone have the cajones to start Hurns?

I did in one league, cause Ray Rice will be my flex, but since he is on suspension, I had to go with one of my WR deep sleepers and took a shot with Hurns. I'll take it. :yes:

Kevin Ogletree 2.0

Maybe but Ogeltree was clearly the 3rd WR on a team with 2 good starters and a TE who got a lot of targets.

Not the case in Jax. Hurns has a real opportunity to be Henne's #1 or 2.

• Like 1

Thanks to threads like this I got him on my roster.....thank you!

Edited by BigTex

Who is this kid!! Every week I watch this kid and he keeps making plays. Not only is he makin plays he is doing it vs starters! I don't wanna exaggerate this but this situation has a Anquan Boldin feel to it when he burst into scene his rookie yr. So is this kid just a flash in the pan pre season star or is there something here??

Great call

He disappeared in the second half

I get it now , you don't like him

it ain't cool being a pisspotĀ® on the feel good express

It's not that I don't like him, I just want to make sure he's not Kevin Ogletree 2.0 before I make a claim for him.

When you wait to figure things out, you miss out on the next star. Obviously someone else isn't going to wait, and so you lose your chance by being too cautious with waiver bids early in the year.

So now the question is do you chase the points and insert him in your starting lineup right away, or do you wait another week? Seems like he'll still play a good bit even when/if Shorts comes back. Or has he automatically moved into the #2 role or maybe he's the 1 now? A lot of mouths to feed here though.

It's not that I don't like him, I just want to make sure he's not Kevin Ogletree 2.0 before I make a claim for him.

Ogletree didn't blow up in the preseason like Hurns and never had the opportunity Hurns has in front of him

There are no guarantees but there is also no Dez ,Witten & Miles to take suck targets away

Redraft: No reason not to grab this guy. He's ahead of the rookies who missed camp time with injuries, and Shorts is constantly hurt. The short term opportunity is there.

Dynasty: Much murkier picture. Lee and Robinson are both going to get their shots, and both are probably superior talents. Anything might happen, but he wasn't drafted for a reason and you're probably going to have to drop a stash you like to pick him up. Assuming you don't need him to start now, would you drop a guy like McKinnon for him? I probably won't.

Edited by EastonBlues22

I'm in shock rt now BC my leagues waivers passed and no one picked him up. I want to add him but I can't justify dropping anyone on my roster for him. I'm very strong at wr. I have the 2 speculative rooks in Crowell and taliaferro but I want to stash those 2 and wait and see.

It's a shame. I know someone else will pick hurns up today and if might regret not grabbing him.

I'm in shock rt now BC my leagues waivers passed and no one picked him up. I want to add him but I can't justify dropping anyone on my roster for him. I'm very strong at wr. I have the 2 speculative rooks in Crowell and taliaferro but I want to stash those 2 and wait and see.

It's a shame. I know someone else will pick hurns up today and if might regret not grabbing him.

Same boat, dropped Boykin for him.

See I wouldn't have been able to make that move. Would you have dropped Boykin for hurns if he did well in week 1? Say 80 yards and a td?

He had Sherman on him and Rodgers didn't even target him once BC of that.

See I wouldn't have been able to make that move. Would you have dropped Boykin for hurns if he did well in week 1? Say 80 yards and a td?

He had Sherman on him and Rodgers didn't even target him once BC of that.

I gave up a #3 for a potential #1 option. I can justify it based on the depth at WR on my bench, that's just me though.

I'm a Jags fan and have been impressed with Hurns all preseason. But what concerns me is why did he disappear in the 2nd half? All his production was in the 1st half if I'm not mistaken. Was it Henne's sporadic arm? Or was it that easy for the defense to take him out of the game after he surprised them in the first half?

I'm not as worried about Lee and Robinson. Shorts can't stay healthy. I suspect Hurns and Lee will be the top two WRs.

I threw a WTF waiver wire claim for Hurns and was shocked I was able to get him despite being 11 out of 12 in WW order. I'll take his potential anyday over Tim Wright, who I dropped.

Not sure he'll break my lineup this week over AJ Green, Vincent Jackson and Decker, but I haven't ruled it out.

It's logical to be skeptical that an UDFA rookie WR is going to take the league by storm, but I don't get the argument that he's going to fade away when the other WRs get back. It's not like any of them are world-beaters, or have developed so much more chemistry with Henne/Bortles.

• Like 1

I threw a WTF waiver wire claim for Hurns and was shocked I was able to get him despite being 11 out of 12 in WW order. I'll take his potential anyday over Tim Wright, who I dropped.

Not sure he'll break my lineup this week over AJ Green, Vincent Jackson and Decker, but I haven't ruled it out.

I was 1st in the waiver order in one league and didn't want to use it on him, but was shocked to see that nobody claimed him so I grabbed him as a FA this morning. No way I'm starting him this week but it's hard to ignore a guy that has been doing it pretty much every week including the preseason. If he can do it again I'll probably look to trade him.

Will probably start him in my 3rd flex slot. Already starting Calvin, Jordy, Garcon & Wheaton at WR, so it's basically Hurns vs Pierce vs Dwayne Allen for the slot.

I'm a Jags fan and have been impressed with Hurns all preseason. But what concerns me is why did he disappear in the 2nd half? All his production was in the 1st half if I'm not mistaken. Was it Henne's sporadic arm? Or was it that easy for the defense to take him out of the game after he surprised them in the first half?

I'm not as worried about Lee and Robinson. Shorts can't stay healthy. I suspect Hurns and Lee will be the top two WRs.

My perception while watching the game was that the Eagles D tightened up in the second half, started getting more pressure, and Henne was unable to do much. I'm guessing that the Eagles realized that the Jags couldn't get any run game going, especially once Gerhart was out, so they changed their strategy a bit to defend the pass better.

Got him with the 6th waiver pick last night, dropped Jarvis Landry to do it. I could use the WR help the way Cruz has been playing...

Got him for free last night. Thought he'd be on more people's radar but I guess that Ray Rice fiasco had people rushing to get Forret

Yeah, Forsett went first in my league...

Got him for free last night. Thought he'd be on more people's radar but I guess that Ray Rice fiasco had people rushing to get Forret

I'm happy that Ray Rice distracted people away from Hurns. I'm sad because I'm the guy with Ray Rice :fishy:

• Like 1

I'm happy that Ray Rice distracted people away from Hurns. I'm sad because I'm the guy with Ray Rice :fishy:

I can't tell you how happy I am I read this thread again. I just assumed Forsett got picked up on the WW. He didn't, the other RB I was looking at was, Terrance West.

S'long LeGarrett Blount, hello Forsett.

So now the question is do you chase the points and insert him in your starting lineup right away, or do you wait another week? Seems like he'll still play a good bit even when/if Shorts comes back. Or has he automatically moved into the #2 role or maybe he's the 1 now? A lot of mouths to feed here though.

Is there? Another rookie in Marquis Lee, Cecil Shorts and Marcedes Lewis - it's not exactly Harrison, Wayne and Clark he's dealing with.

• Like 1

I'm surprised there's so many questioning the value on a guy whose only proven roadblock is Cecil Shorts. Concussions and hamstrings are the two most devastating injuries for any player, as they recur often and linger each time. Too much attention is being paid to draft stock (both NFL & fantasy) when the guy has lit up the scoreboard consistently in his limited time as a starter. There's no reason to beleive he'll lose time to banged up rookies that have not shown enough to cut into his snaps/touches.

It's really simple: add the guy that's playing excellent football.

I'm far from completed sold on this guy, but yes Shorts is very injury prone(a shame since Shorts is a damn good receiver) so I do believe Hurns is worth taking a shot on, but I would not burn a high amount of FAAB on him. Around 5-7% is what I did in most leagues, was able to get him in one where I guess all 12 of us were sceptical and in the others he went for 10%+ as I expected.

Who is this kid!! Every week I watch this kid and he keeps making plays. Not only is he makin plays he is doing it vs starters! I don't wanna exaggerate this but this situation has a Anquan Boldin feel to it when he burst into scene his rookie yr. So is this kid just a flash in the pan pre season star or is there something here??

I owe you a beer, I was able to pick him up the Thursday before the games fairly cheap.

What's the upside in this offense? It looks like they may struggle to run the ball and the QB is Chad Henne? Henne tossed 13 TDs last year and was dead last in QB ranking at PFF. 6 games with no TDs and only 4 multiple TD games.

I assume you are holding out hopes of Bortles giving him consistent value? Bortles looked good in the pre-season but so did Matt McGloin and Derek Carr.

I'm not saying he's an Ogletree but I'm trying to look beyond this 2 TDs in 2 minutes of the 1st quarter of the 1st game.